Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Kitsune-Tsuki

Kitsune-Tsuki are malevolent Japanese spirits, akin to western werebeasts: women are possessed by the spirits of foxes, who compel them to perform acts of wickedness and mischief. Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

Plum wine. Plum wine and orchid. Swapping my bottle of Eidolon for this scent was an excellent move: this smells of two of my favorite things in the world.

This is a nice mix of florals, but a little too sophisticated for me. It reminds me of something an older powerful woman would wear, a subtly dominating scent which would underscore her power.

Dear sweet mother of....this is sooooo good. Kitsune-Tsuki is another one that makes me want to drink the imp, liver failure be damned.

In the imp- strong plummy sweetness- a purple and white smell. You know what I mean.

On the wrist- the plum settles and the flowers begin to differentiate. It wafts well. Queenly and serene.

Hours later- still smelling the last lingering cornucopia of plums and blossoms. My oily skin hasn't wrecked the bouquet.

It's fruity and floral all at once, and to me seems like the happy mating of Queen Mab and Bewitched, with a dash of ice and cherry blossoms. I wish I'd smelled this one before ordering again. Perhaps it's a special occasion scent, though.

Kitsune-Tsuki

First whiff: Beer? What the?

Second whiff: I must be on crack. No beer just sweet and floral and fruity. All good.

Drying: It's lovely. It reminds me of, bear with me, the scent of the giant sized lip smackers tube circa the mid-80s. You know the kind. It was a dark, sort of slutty mulberry pink tube with carnation pink lib balm in it. This is that smell. And, association or no, it's a delight!

In the bottle: a sugar sweetness similar to The Hesperides, but with a hint of flowers

Wet: wow, this is bottled Spring! The jasmine/daffodil combo really develops beautifully

Dry: the jasmine and daffodil fade away leaving behind a sweet syrupy scent reminiscent of strawberries, which must be the plum

Verdict: this is delicious! I really love this scent.

In bottle: A perfect blend of fruity and floral. The daffodil/jasmine are equally powerful to the plum. This is perfection.

On me: Light and fruity. The plum simply leaps out to say hello, but mellows out after a few minutes into a delicate light scent, perfect for summer. This is a super-feminine scent that is very clean and white.

It's about an hour later. Unfortunately, something in the fragrance isn't liking me, and the plum has started to turn into a scent that I would describe as "wet bandaid." Dang it! I am very disappointed, as wet this is a perfect scent for me.

Really happy, wonderful, fruity perfume.

Evokes happiness and Spring and hope to me (which is kind of funny, given the name).

Smells a lot like the Nadina's Creams scent Mountain Rain.

My very first impression upon applying this was that it was an amped up version of The Dormouse. As far as I know, the two don't have any notes in common, but that's the impression I had. An amped up version of The Dormouse with a little more floral. But florals don't seem to go nuts on me the way they do some forumites, so I can wear them pretty easily. After worn a while, I can definitely smell the plum wine that other people have mentioned, but it is mellow and warm. I think I might be falling for this one...

I recieved Kitsune Tsuke in a swap:)

In the Bottle: Mmmm....dark plum and just a purple scent. Sweet and tangy.

On Me: A lot more of an aquatic floral with a citrus undertone. Mmmm....very heavenly and sophisticated and I can't keep my nose off of my wrist. I notice that its peek-a-booing out with the intensity as well, but hasn't fully gone yet at all.

Very nice! Slathering now!

In the vial, Kitsune-Tsuki is slightly fruity, very floral, and musky.

On me, it's all daffodil, and as much as I love daffodils, I'm sneezing my head off here. Not cool.

Oh this is a treat for me, in the vial and long after. :P

i first had a trade imp, then lucked into a 5ml for sale on the forum. i’d loved it in the vial, and think that the full mix of the bottle is even better; wearing it from the big bottle i'd swear there's more of the complex variety of all parts coming into play - better orchid, more lasting and noticable musk.

Overall - Plum! it smells sweet and round and yet delicate, flowery but not at all powdery, and there’s my beloved orchid peeking through!

Wet: SO sweet, rich and plummy.

Dry: the fruityness fades back to delightfully floral sweetness, but is never completely gone. orchid, and no soap, no sting. the jasmine is *just* like i like it, working with the other notes and not overpowering them- a hint and not a hit. jasmine can be very strong on me; the sweet plum and orchid are winning in this formula, though. playful flowers, warm and purple, it’s a wonderful scent that wafts around me, i catch traces rising through the workday. the sweetness slowly fades, finishing up the day with a faint clean clean musk. it never changes completely, or strongly, but the various scents play with and off one another up to the end.

In the imp: Jasmine & orchids, with a sweet plum scent lingering in the background.

Wet: White musk

Drydown: The white musk forms a solid background while the jasmine and orchid play in the foreground with the faintest hint of plum.

Final thoughts: It's light and delicate and lingering. This makes me think of something elusive and lurking in an orchard. Very lovely.

This is light and sweet. I love the smell of Orchids in this. It almost has a candy scent ot it, like bubblegum. It is a very fun scent in a sweet girlish way. I don't smell the jasmine so much. Usually that is the first scent that jumps out to me but not in this blend. There is the orchid and plum very noticable, with the daffodil being very pretty in the backround. I smell a small amount of musk, but it is very light. I can imagine slathing this on because it is so beautiful and light.

Oh, I know this! It reminds me of something, and I got it! It’s like Black Dahlia, so I think there’s a magnolia note in the initial application. Or a doppelganger for one. I remember this being a bit more citrus-y, but then again, I always get Kitsune-Tsuki confused with Kumiho. Either way, the Black Dahlia impression remains, but with a bit of tartness, thus showing the true pluminess of the scent. This lasts for about five hours before it starts to lose its scent personality, but this isn’t a strong scent to begin with.

Definitely a fruity floral on me, but it is very strong not light and wispy as I expected. there is something there w/ a sharp edge I am not sure what it is maybe the jasmine but that doesn't make sense to me. At first I didn't care much for this but it is growing on me I will try it again possibly use up the imp.

This was a light floral on me, with a great big jasmine note. Not a very complex aroma, and it never really changed. Just the strong, strong jasmine.

Jasmine is one of my favorite scents, but I'm not sure it's what I'm wanting on myself.

This one is probably a trade, or a gift to a friend.

A very pretty, slightly sweet fruity floral!

Reminds me of something sensual-but-not-overbearing that Victoria's Secret might market. But nicer of course! :P

Not sure what else I can write that many other eloquent reviewers before me haven't written.

MMMmmmm.....plummy, soft floral, touch of jasmine....not sure I can find the white musk. This is so beautiful. A very girly scent. Another that would be wonderful as a spring or summer scent. Light and soft!

In the vial and wet on my skin, it is incredibly rich, juicy sweetness; it is fruity, without being distinctive, for all that it smells very familiar. It stays that way for quite a while, all plumplumplummaybeahintoffloral.

I went out to lunch and when I got back it was softer and much more floral. It is wonderfully delicate and light, the jasmine very soft. (this is a good thing. i'm not horribly fond of jasmine.)

It isn't as 'white' as most of the other florals I like (I can't believe I would ever type that sentence! I thought I hated florals. :P), but rather more of a light pinkish-purple: lavendar, almost. Apparently y'all know exACTly what I mean. The musk is dry and warm and keeps everything together beautifully. Mmmm, I love musky-floral-citrus-fruity scents. This one is definately a keeper.

I'm not so good with identifying notes in scents. I definitely get the plum scent, which is lovely, and some floral, although it isn't something I can identify right away. Maybe orchid? Anyway, the combination is quite lovely. The scent does change over time; on me, it starts out kind of aquatic, and then mellows, with the floral coming out more over time.

I think this is a ladylike, rather than girly scent, and it seems very uplifting as well. I keep catching whiffs of it throughout the day, and it just perks me up! I may have to get a big bottle, soon.

Ancientgirl

this is the mother of all florals-- a really bad, bad thing for me. i agree with jazziecazzie (descention, party of two...) except i smell no plum. i tried it having read no reviews, as it was an extra in the swaps. this was floral from the get-go. now 10 minutes into it, i'm smelling a slight (ever so slight) trace of something fruity, but it is a dead ringer for those cheap body splashes from victoria's secret/ bath & body works. :P just far to floral. unless, of course, that's your thing, but it sure ain't mine!

Edited by warmfuzzies

I was surprised that so many other reviewers call Kitsune Tsuki a light fragrance. This goes on my skin pretty darn strong, with a very pronounced, jammy, fruity/plum topnote. Very sweet and candylike. This reminds me of a young Japanese girl in kimono, sitting underneath a flowering plum tree.

As it warms, the plum note fades back and I'm getting more of the sweet flowers, mostly the jasmine. The white musk is giving it a little background tingle. I'm not getting any of the other flowers, because the sweet candylike notes are overcoming almost everything else.

The final dryout to this fragrance on my skin is light, sweet white musk and candy.

I need a more womanly blend than Kitsune Tsuki gives me (less candy, more musk), but I think this would be absolutely gorgeous on a young girl.

I tried this a few times at different stages in my hormonal cycle, just to make sure I was sure, but . . . this smells A LOT like Bath & Body Works's Plumeria scent to me. Odd, because there's no plumeria in Kitsune-Tsuki.

That put me off a bit at first, but as I wear it more and more I'm less prejudiced by the B&BW resemblance and more appreciative of the fact that this is a cheery, sweet floral. It smells like spring nights. Quite lovely. This is a nice scent to wear when I don't feel too complicated -- just pretty, simple, feminine, and young.

I likey. :P

I just got a decant of this yesterday. Oooh, I can see why this is a popular scent.

Wet: Strong florals. Orchid mostly, some jasmine also. Smells lightly fruity.

Dry: Orchid. Then, the orchid burns off & the plum pushes its way through to the top. More plum than orchid. The plum is dominant, with some orchid. However, the plum isn't launching off my skin, probably because Kitsune-Tsuki doesn't have any wine notes in it.

In the bottle: Mostly the plum and white musk with florals under everything else. The florals are pretty nicely blended together so it's hard to pick any one of them out from the group at present. The plum is such a nice scent, though, and I'm looking forward to the musk as I get along so well with the blends with white in them.

Wet: Hmm...plum and musk with a floral...probably the jasmine right now in the background of the rest of the scent. Also something in there that is making the throw kind of sweet, which is probably either the orchid or the plum itself. Also, yes, floral though it doesn't smell like the jasmine I'm used to. It's kinda of...waxy and a tad yellow so it's possible that it might be the daffodil, but it's been awhile since I've smelled daffodil so I'm not sure.

Dry down: Still yummy plum. The musk isn't as out in this blend as it is in some of the other blends that I know and love. The throw is very soft and half-sweet/half-floral but lovely all the way around. I think the jasmine and the orchid are becoming the dominant scents on the skin with the plum mostly lending itself to the throw and the musk mostly being a nice background for everything else to work off of.

Dry: Jasmine. There's the jasmine. Jasmine loves my skin and has a tendancy to just amplify itself about ten fold once the rest of the scents dry down on me. The throw is still lovely and sweet, just enough fruit without becoming overbearing and lightly floral rather than cloying. It's still very jasmine on the skin itself but a lighter jasmine than my Ave Marie, which turns very sacremental. This is a very light, spring kind of scent. Very refreshing. If it doesn't turn into a big bottle order, it will at least be a well loved imp.