Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Beaver Moon 2005

Cheesecake and cupcakes, yo! This is Beaver Moon 2005 resurrected!

(Beaver'versary)

Oh sweet baby Jesus.

Cheesecake is my favourite cake (and I can’t eat it anymore *loud sigh*) so when I saw the scent description I knew I had to have this. Went straight for the bottle too, although it’s sadly just a half bottle.

When I just put it on, I got a whiff of fresh strawberry from this, but then the fruitiness kind of recedes into the background and mixes with the creaminess of cream cheese and vanilla.

I get a base of spice and burnt sugar too, which I can imagine is the crust of the cheesecake. There is a bit of a plasticy feeling coming from the base notes, but it’s tolerable.

Everything is really well blended here: the notes don’t come up one by one, but after the initial settlement they really come out as a single note.

I would describe this as “strawberry cheesecake extract”… and I’m definitely not complaining.

This is creamy but surprisingly not powerful and I think it qualifies well as an everyday scent: I will definitely try to layer it with spicier/muskier oils too and see what comes out.

(I can see this bottle finishing in a month at most)

Beaver'versary: It smells like thick, gooey vanilla cheesecake frosting! YUM. This is the foodiest bpal I've ever tried and I originally thought it was going to be too sweet to be wearable, but I was wrong. When I'm in the right mood, this is just delicious and comforting and a bit cheeky. I totally love it and will be hunting down a bottle.

It does have an undertone that threatens to turn a touch plasticy, but never actually does. So if you turn scents to plastic you might want to be wary. Thankfully this works great on me!

This is for Beaver'Versary...

This one is a perfect little scent of vanilla cupcakes and vanilla cheesecake to me. It's not very strong (maybe from aging), but it is delicious. The little beaver on the label is also too cute. ;)

This reminds me a little of Cake Smash, but where's CS had the snake oil and Dorian to help ground it, this one is too plastic on my skin for wear.

I might not be able to wear it but I'm keeping my imp for my locker or oil burner. It's too yummy to pass up. If you're a foodie lover, definitely try to track some if this one down.

For Beaver Moon 2005- this starts off a little artificial and plasticy on me, very vanilla cakey, not a lot of cheesecake.

Dry down is the most glorious not quite overly foody vanilla with sort of a hint of cheesecake, cake and frosting.

Forgot how much I love this one, will be keeping the bottle.

Cream cheese and red velvet cake... a delicious foodie scent. A bit of cinnamon. A Christmassy kind of scent.

I would probably try and hunt down a full bottle of this if it weren't for the fact that I can smell the cocoa in the red velvet. Being allergic to chocolate I absolutely despise the smell of it, plus the fact that I keep checking my skin to make sure I'm not having a reaction even though the cocoa scent is so slight it would be nigh impossible for me to have one. But if that wasn't an issue, this would definitely be full-bottle worthy.

This smells delicious! It has the tanginess of the cheesecake swirled with some vanilla buttercream. There's some actual cake behind those notes, but it is not as prominent as the cheesecake and buttercream. My only complaint is that it isn't stronger, but maybe it just needs to be slathered?

In any case, the decant is a keeper. :dance: 

This review is for the 2008 release of Beaver'Versary!

It's a very cake heavy scent with vanilla cream cheese frosting. It smells a little lemony to me, which I'm guessing is the cheesecake since I don't think that is a listed note. This is a really good cake scent: the vanilla smells true and doesn't turn into a plasticky scent like some vanillas BPAL have used does. I've seen comparisons to Cake Smash which I also have and I would agree they are slightly similar, although I think I prefer this.

If you can find it, I suggest at least trying a decant. I can't compare this to the 2005 Beaver Moon, but the 'Versary is excellent. 

beaverversary (2008)

in the bottle, this is a deliciously creamy cheesecake with a bit of a tang, almost akin to a hint of lemon or citrus. the initial tartness quickly fades, making way for the most divine fluffy vanilla cake, complemented by the rich creaminess of the cheesecake. as it dries, i can begin to detect hints of graham cracker crust, and there's a doughy, cakey quality to the cupcake note, all the way down to the flour. this is a gourmand lover's heaven; piles of spongey vanilla cupcakes frosted with mounds of buttercream, and thick slices of rich, almost buttery vanilla bean cheesecake atop a graham cracker crust. despite the overwhelming amount of decadent gourmand notes, i don't find this to be overly heavy nor cloying at all. the tangy, slightly citrusy top note provides a lovely brightness during the wet stage that contrasts the lusciously indulgent cheesecake, whereas the drydown is a pure cloud of creamy, cakey vanilla frosting graham cracker goodness. good throw as well, my skin eats oils but i'm getting delicious wafts of cream cheese frosted cupcakes without having to huff my wrist.

one of my favorite bpal scents, so delicious and edible that it makes me want to eat my arm every time. yum!