Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Beaver Moon 2005

Cheesecake and cupcakes, yo! This is Beaver Moon 2005 resurrected!

Out of the bottle and wet this is delicious cream cheese frosting so good I want to eat my arm.

It dries down to a drier cake with a touch of dust, but still lots of sugar (I suppose we could call that cupcakes). It still smells good but I want the juicy sticky tangy sweetness of the wet stage back.

And so, in an effort to regain that initial state of drooling love, I slather this on and reapply it pretty often (it seems to fade pretty quickly on me if I don't). I am sure people can smell me for blocks but with this one I really don't care, and I haven't had any complaints either (I might tone it down if I did...or maybe just wear it at home) :-)

The original Beaver Moon 2005 smells like wonderful, perfect, delicious, complex cheesecake on my skin.

Beaver'Versary smells like watered down cinnamon toothpaste on my skin.

:\

In the imp: Holy moly! Cheesecake with a tennis biscuit crust... straight from the oven, but when the gooey centre has *just* been poured in.

Wet: Chocolate chip muffin batter. o.0

Dry: Cupcake dough and cream cheese frosting... *drools*

A While later: The cheesecake is back! But now it is surrounded by an army of cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese frosting. I want to eat my wrist. I am seriously having to resist the temptation to lick it.

Bottle: vanilla cupcake! Less overpoweringly sickly sweet than Beaver Moon ’07.

Wet on Skin: a softer, realistic vanilla cupcake, with cream cheese frosting.

Drydown: a nice, sweet, comforting bakery scent. A keeper!

Beaver Moon '05 smells like instead of delicately eating my red velvet wedding cake on my wedding day I stuck my hands in wrist deep, swirled them around and then smeared them behind my ears and on my neck.

Picture that complete with the white gown & all. ;)

I really do like this scent & wish it wasn't so hard to find / pricey! I have the Beaver'versary as well but it's not as 'perfect' as the '05 version for the above image.

For Beaver'Versary!

Foodie scent of my dreams! my heart is content at last with this super-delicious-creamy-cream cheese-cupcake-frosting goodness.

Smells the same on my skin as it does in the bottle and then about 1 hour later turns into vanilla extract scent.

I am so happy right now :wub2:

Thank you to the two forum members that enabled me to have a decant and a bottle of this !

Beaver'versary- not the original

In the bottle: liquid baked goods

Wet: buttercream frosting, strawberry baked goods. I wouldn't say cheese cake, but it's close

Dry: vanilla-y pound cake & strawberry butter cream frosting

I want to eat my arm. This is so delish!

This is for Beaver'versary.

In the imp, it's that plastic fake chocolate scent that I hate.

But oh how I love how scents morph. This calms down into an entirely too realistic chocolate frosting on vanilla cupcake scent. While I love foodie scents, it's not often that one actually makes me hungry. But this one does...like i said, it's too realistic.

I feel like there is a hint of the dust note which tones this down to a subtle scent. In Myskatonic University, the dust is a little overpowering to me, but I feel like i get it in this blend only it's very light and really helps to bring this scent to life.

I need to find a bottle!

This is for the original.

Sniffing Beaver Moon I feel like I've died and gone to vanilla heaven, without all the calories. :thud: Vanilla cheesecake, vanilla cupcakes and mounds of vanilla buttercream. In the beginning I seem to detect a hint of coconut, which moves to the background pretty quickly. Not like I'd care if it even stayed where it was, because I love coconut, so it's great either way. Then the vanilla, butter and cream notes just keep getting richer...and richer...and richer...wow. I'm glad I have this for smelling and not eating, because I'd end up having a coronary before I turned 25!

I swapped away my resurrected version, and a kind forumite frimped me a sniffie of the original, so this is that review.

This one seems much less sweet, and less cakey than the 'beaverversary version. I got a touch of strawberry in the r version, but none here. So this ends up being a creamier, less sweet cheescake. I'm not one for foody scents, but this isn't bad, and I may have kept it had it been more like this version. However, I don't like it well enough to go a hunting, but very glad to have tried it!

(This review is for Beaver'versary)

In the bottle, it's like I'm inhaling the frosting on a red velvet cake! When I put it on, it's more like the entire cake and not just the frosting. And as it dries down, I get more cream cheese again, but less in a frosting sense and more in a cheesecake sense. And I kinda smell what I first thought was a little spice, but now seems to be that dusty note that people are picking up.

Delicious. :yum:

8/21: I just got a bottle of the original, so of course I have it slathered all over me. And I must say, it smells the same to me. I haven't done a side by side comparison yet, but I don't suspect that doing one will change anything. This scent has some lasting power, though! I'm still getting whiffs of cupcakes from my cleavage, and it's been about 10 hours. Mmm... cupcakes in my cleavage.

Edited by Kaylee

Beaver'versary - OOF. I really love cake and frosting and cheesecake and I love foody blends but this had a sour note that I really wasn't expecting. Maybe I haven't baked vanilla goodies in such a long time that I don't know what it smells like anymore? But this is a cake I'd ever want to eat. What's wrong with me? Off to a new foody loving home! :cry2:

Beaver Moon

I'm amazed at how awesome this scent is and how after it dries down how similar it was, for me, to Cake Smash. The only difference is Cake Smash gave me a bit of spice where this one gives me all cupcakes and cream cheese frosting.

The temptation to eat my wrist is strong. :lol:

I am reviewing the Beaver 'Versary version.

First off, this is INCREDIBLE, with a long-lasting strong throw. It smells sweet, like a bakery - all cake and cupcakes and yummy things. I haven't smelled the original, but I adore this version. So glad I bought a bottle!!

We're doing this Beaver'versary style!

And mmmm... cupcakes! Sweet, delicious, fluffy, fresh out of the oven and slathered in frosting (cream cheese frosting, I do believe) cupcakes! Oh, so, so, so good cupcakes.

Good for wearing: CUPCAKES!!!

I'm reviewing the original 2005 Beaver Moon.

In the bottle, there's soft cupcake and a splash of rum. On my skin, it's like Cake Smash but lighter. Definitely a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. For a minute there's a sour milk note (some others have said 'vinegar'), but it disappears quickly. Drying down, it's still foodie cupcake heaven but I'm noticing a yummy spiciness, almost like a creamy Bengal. I love this.

'05 Version

In the imp, it's straight up red velvet cake. Not frosting, just moist, slightly chocolate-y cake. And not the nasty dusty chocolate I usually think chocolate scents smell like. Wet on my skin, it's more like frosting- somewhere between vanilla and chocolate, and very creamy and sweet. NOM I want to eat this! I don't get any cheesecake or strawberry. As it dries, it becomes slightly drier and more cakey again. Still very good! My skin kind of sucks it in, but I wouldn't mind reapplying this one.

Dang. I need a bottle.

Oh my... foody scent! Thank you, lejlkwiet, for that awesome sniffy!

Imp: Very buttery. Yes, cake and muffins - like my bf makes them (with lots of butter and not too sweet). There is something weird in there as well.. butterscotch?

Wet: Yes, muffins that are flavored with butter-vanilla and a bit of rum.

Dry: Ah! The note I detected is not butterscotch but brown sugar! Yes, it is all brown sugar (pure, not caramelized) and butter on me. Yummy!

Alas, it turns a bit sour on my skin after a while, but the scent itself is really delicious and fits the description to a T.

Butterscotch cream cheese frosting.... Yummy enough to make me want to lick my arm. I just wish it lasted longer! This is one of those scents my skin LOVES and it disappears completely within two hours... sadness.... :( I even tried making this into a lotion hoping it would last longer but alas it didn't help... FYI I tried the Beaver'Versary one.

Simply put, this is Cake Smash minus the depth from the Dorian and/or Snake Oil, depending on your nose. This is definitely the cupcake and frosting from Cake Smash, and also has excellent throw. This doesn't morph on me at all. I've tried both the original and the resurrected versions, and they are practically the same. While I prefer Cake Smash because it has that extra special spicily deep something, this definitely fills that Cake Smash void. I know these are rare too, but anyone trying to get their hands on Cake Smash or Cake Smash v6 would be happy with these as well, and vice versa.

Beaver'versary:

I'm getting spiced cheesecake. Cinnamon and, is that clove? Huh.

This one is also very light on my skin, with virtually no throw. My skin noms it.

I like it, but wish it was a little stronger because I'm a greedy foodie! :D

This review is for Beaver'Versary (2008).

Bottle: Mmmmm, cakey goodness!

Wet: Vanilla cheesecake, heavy on the spices.

Dry: Sadly, this turns plasticky on me. I definitely get cheesecake, but the spicy smell turns it into soft plastic. Every once in a while, I get a pure vanilla cheesecake smell and its wonderful. I wish that my body chemistry didn't do weird things to this!

Beaver Moon 2005 is one of my absolute favorites and has been for years. I don't get any cheesecake from it, but just a deep dark vanilla and cake and sweetness. It is wonderful and delicious and deeper than just a "foody" scent.

I was just able to try a bottle of Beaver'Versary, and I like it very much. It's different from '05 in that it's more of a chocolate cake with a slight bit of spice, cinnamon? The thing I love about it is that it has the same note as in Hunger which I always thought was black narcissus, spicy and wonderful and very distinctive. That note only lasts a half hour on my skin (as it does with Hunger) and then what's left is a nice vanilla chocolate scent. It's a dry chocolate, kind of like Gelt.

So, I wouldn't say the Beaver'Versary is a replacement, but it is nice in it's own right.

Acquired a sought-after partial in a swap.

IN THE IMP: Sweet and spicy as expected. I'd say more cake/frosting than cupcakes per se but that's totally subjective.

Dabbed on wrist and in crook of arm.

WET: I'm getting something I associate with "nutty" in the top mix here ... it could actually be buttery or even burnt sugar. I don't want to go as far as to say caramel because it recedes pretty quickly. But I am getting that aspect of the sweetness -- buttercream frosting, I guess -- than the cake. And I'm not really getting a cheesecake vibe.

DRYDOWN: This is very mild and sweet. I like it. It goes sort of syrupy as it dries. I never actually get a cheesecake smell from it per se, to my nose. It makes me think "Halloweenie" scent.

OVERALL: I am glad I got this and I like it and will use up the imp but I wouldn't buy a big bottle because it's just not something I could see wearing much. I think I would like it more in a body scrub or bath oil.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.

Beaver'versary!

Bottle: Cupcakes and cheesecake, yup! I want to drink the bottle!

Wet: Tangy cream cheese and cake. Red velvet cake! I adooooore red velvet cupcakes.

Dry: Less tangy/sour, more vanilla/sweet cake. My foody heart is happy!