Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Beaver Moon 2005

Traditionally, Beaver Moon is named thus for a very obvious reason: during this time of year, beavers are hard at work building their dams and preparing for the onset of winter. Because it was too hard to resist, BPAL’s Beaver Moon is sillier, sleazier, and full of camp. This scent is of cheesecake and cupcakes, more in line with its cheekier connotations, and really hasn’t a damn thing to do with Luna at all!

The best homemade vanilla cheesecake compete with buttery graham cracker crust. mmm!!!

I got a tester of this from GirlInDenial in return for a favour. Thank you! :P

I misremembered the description of this as being simply vanilla cake, so I was confused at first when I was getting a really strong cream cheese frosting vibe from it. Even after three years it's a lovely true cheesecake scent that doesn't become sickly or overpowering, and lingers on the skin for a good 4+ hours. I can see why everyone goes bonkers for it.

In the Imp

Strawberries and cake. I'm detecting a creamy note, too-- and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't do what other cramy notes do on me-- go dodgy. Hellcat and Love's Philosophy were famously horrible on me because of that note, which is sad-- it smells gorgeous in the imp, and it's always seductive to me. And it usually goes hideous. But, as always-- it's so yummy. I want this to work SO effing badly!

On Me

Ooh! It works. Initially it's pretty much all strawberries and I'm assuming the cake has not clashed because it's been overridden. They're sweet, syrupy, sugary strawberries, with a tweak of something almost fizzy-- like Sprite's been thrown into the mix! About fifteen minutes later, the cake comes through: it's buttery, homemade cheesecake base, though the fluffiness of that Sprite-like smell makes me see the cupcake connection. And for some reason, the strawberry smell keeps everything in check.

This is lovely: unfortunately it doesn't last long, so I'll slather when I have an extra-special need to smell deliciously girly, because this stuff makes me feel damn near edible.

It reminds me of Knave of Hearts, only with strawberry instead of blackberry (again, I think the blackberries toned out the nasty-making cake note on me with that one), and without the roses.

In the bottle: Vanilla cupcakes mmmmm. A tiny bit of a cheesecake scent, but mostly vanilla and cake.

Wet: Vanilla and waaaaay more cheesecake. It's taking over! :P

Dry: Almost totally cheesecake and graham crackers. The cupcakes, they have disappeared. There is a tiny hint of vanilla still running around, but the tangier cheesecake scent is super super dominant. And possibly holding a whip.

A very sweet, slightly strawberry-y cupcake scent. Definitely smells like cupcakes and strawberry cheesecake. It doesn't change much on my skin from the bottle until about half an hour later, when although the throw is still cake-y when I sniff it up close it smells plastic-y. I'm not too sad because I find it a little too sweet, almost aggressively so. Not my personal scent preference but if you want to smell like sweet cupcakes and cheesecake and don't have wonky skin chemistry, Beaver Moon 2005 is for you. :P I'm glad I got to try it.

Mmm...this is the most wonderful cupcakey scent ever! I smell mostly vanilla cupcakes, with only a hint of the cheesecake, both in the bottle and on the skin. This scent has great throw and long wearlength as well. I didn't have to refresh it midday like I usually do with other scents. It is absolutely gorgeous! I live for scents like this! :P

I love this scent! If i could find a bottle for under 50 bucks i would snag it for sure.

Omg Yummy! Rummy Cheese Cake Goodness! This is exactly what you would expect from the description with just a hint of rum or some other boozy love splashed on top. It stays great on my skin is just a wonderful scent. The traditional lunar blend that is in most of the Lunacy blends does not agree with me at all. I am so glad to have found this one that omits it.

Strawberry, vanilla cheesecake complete with buttercream frosting.

It is so damn yummy. While it has a great throw it does not compare with BM'07.

In the background there is a hint of red fruits, maybe strawberries, cherries, or raspberries.

However, vanilla cupcakes with cream cheese frosting is now embedded in my brain, and the berries are a mere afterthought.

So flipping yummy.

Edited by Schmoozy

Wet, this smells like pink frosting. As it dries it gets more cheesecakey, but stays more in the area of cream cheese frosting. There is also a bit of a chemically/plastic undertone that I often get from the foodier vanillas, but it is quite faint here. This doesn't morph much, and is a very light scent with a short wear-length.

Perhaps I was expecting more from the legendary Beaver Moon 05, but I like 07 more.

this is for the 2008 "Beaverversary" edition

in the bottle: all creamy cheesecake and a touch of those cupcakes! nomnomnom :D

wet on skin: more of the same, a hint of the graham crust starting to show itself.

dry down:mostly the crust is present, in all it's graham-y, sugared glory.

in all: i came by my bottle of Beaver Moon '05 from a sale just in this past year, so it's very well aged. with this resurrection, i can tell that all the elements are present, they just need some time to mesh a bit more. i look forward to re-visiting this bottle once it's aged a bit.

:P

This is for the original Beaver Moon 2005. On wet, there was a strong strawberry cupcake scent, but the strawberry went away quickly and I was left with vanilla cake. Yummy, but I wish strawberry had stuck around longer. As it has dried, I get more of the 'graham' cracker thing going and it smells a bit fake for me.

BM05 is a no go for me. If the 2008 version is the same, I think I will stick to Closet for all of my cake love needs.

This review is for the resurrected "Beaver'versay" version. SO. GOOD. I have been wearing this almost every day since I purchased it.

This is super creamy cheesecakey graham crackery vanilla cupcakey goodness. This is a foodie's dream scent and I am grateful this was resurrected so that I had a chance to partake in the deliciousness.

Having been a fan of the original 2005 Beaver Moon (and owning a precious bottle of it) as well as being a life-long member of the Beaver State, this was a given. (note: I never tried the version of Beaver Moon that came between these.)

Review of 2008 Beaver'versay:

In the bottle: This is it! This is the original raised from the grave! The delicious, mouth-watering cheesecake with a hint of naughty!

On the skin: There is nothing bad one can say about this blend. The red velvet and cheesecake make this the quintessential foodie scent. It can be over-powering, depending on the amount you slather on yourself. But there is none to match Beaver Moon! Now excuse me, must go buy another bottle...

This is the resurrected "Beaver'versary" scent!

Wet in bottle - Strawberry cheesecake!

Wet on skin - Strawberry cheesecake, heavy on the strawberry.

Dry on skin - Light strawberry cheesecake. Fruity and fun.

bottle: strawberry icing on rich, creamy cheesecake.

wet: this almost turns to sugar cookies with strawberry icing.

dry: cupcakes with strawberry icing. so yummy.

(this is the beaver'versary version)

Note: this is for BEAVER'VERSARY

Ok, so I never tried Beaver Moon '05 because I just couldn't get my hands on any.. but I do have Beaver Moon '07.

This new Beaver'versary is just SO DAMN YUMMY - I am thinking of strapping my arm to my face so I can just inhale it all day. Honestly if I didn't think it would cause damage of medical proportions, I would apply it directly to the inside of my nostrils.

BM '07 is very strawberry and cupcake-y to me, but this new one is all that plus creamy goodness. It smells like a strawberry milkshake and feels like a pink fluffy blanket. Thankfully it's a sweet cream, not a sour milk kinda cream, it's a thick and velvety enveloping kind of fragrance, not light at all.. and it stays on my skin for hours. I wore it out shopping today and had three total strangers say I smell good and ask me what I was wearing.. one of them insisted on sniffing my arm which was kinda weird but hey, takes all kinds.

I'm so glad I ordered two bottles of this. I might even have to get some more before it goes away. I'm also very very happy that I can take Beaver Moon '05 and '07 off of my wishlist, because this is just perfect and I'm gonna hoard this instead. I just need to be more vigilant for arm-sniffing strangers.

This is for the 2008 "Beaverversary" edition.

It starts off as strawberry cheesecake.

The final drydown, which lasts forever even on my very dry skin that nothing is lasting on except this, is close to the final dry down in Huesos de Santos after all the fruity and spice notes were gone...that sweet creamy note that lasted past everything else.

Otherwise they have nothing in common at all. Cheesecake, drying down to a sweet creamy scent that lasts forever on me.

I always worry with resurrected scents of my all-time loves that they will be somehow different from the original version.

Beaver-versary is, to my nose, no different than Beaver 2005. I may need a few more bottles. :P

Beaver-versary '08

I have a bottle of Beaver Moon'07 and figured Beaver-versay would smell a lot like it, but it's so much more yummy! It starts out smelling like strawberry cheesecake, but the drydown is like the best vanilla bean cheesecake I've ever smelled. This is one of those scents that you have to keep reminding yourself that it isn't edible. I need another bottle!

This is for the '08 Beaver'versary...

Ok, I don't know what is up with my skin chemistry!

I don't get strawberry in any way, shape or form.

On me?

This smells EXACTLY like Shub, with a bit of Eat Me mixed in.

:P

I love it, but still, not what I was expecting.

BeaverVersary!

In the bottle: Buttery vanilla cake goodness without the plastic note that I sometimes notice in foody scents when they're new

Wet on skin: Homemade vanilla cake and homemade cheesecake with freshly ground vanilla bean

Dry on skin: Oh baby...creamy vanilla cake with nutmeg and cinammon...where did the spices come from? They're perfectly blended with the yummy vanilla and cake notes.

This lasts forever and a day on me, basically until I scrub it off.

There's not even a whiff of strawberry to be found, but I don't care because this is glorious. I wore it all weekend and had people cuddling up to me the entire time. Love, love, love.

Bottle: Icing! Sweet and heady.

Wrist: The sweet icing is still there but is now tempered, somewhat, by spicy cake. Its red velvet cake absolutely smothered with icing.

Verdict: I wanted to love this so badly but unfortunately its too sweet. As a previous reviewer stated I find myself wanting to eat my wrist, not just sniff. I actually liked the sniffy of Beaver Moon '07 better.

Starts off very sweet and cakey and dries to an almost twin of Eat Me (at least on me). Maybe a touch less fruity.

Very yummy, though I'm not sure if I need a bottle.

Yum. I think I may eat my arm. :9 I've been really into the cookie/cake/uber-foody scents lately, and this one is made of delicious white fluffy gooey cupcake with frosting and creamysweet cheescake. Definitely bottle worthy, and now I understand why it was such a popular and sought after scent. :9

I get absolutely no fruit from it, which is fine by me. I have plenty of other fruity smells. This one is fresh-baked!

Edit: I must also mention that I had a terrible snowy commute and a really busy and stressful day at work, and this perfume was the best part of my day. Lovely waftings of cupcakes all around me, all day. :P Every time it made me smile a bit.

Edited by windbourne