Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today’s upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

I love rose so this was another one I wanted to try. Well, wouldn't you know it, but I barely got any rose at all! Wet, I got a nice mix of honey and orange but as it dried, it went all honey on me. Not bad mind you, but I was hoping for a little more.

Roses and honey perfectly blended. Just that, warm and sexy. :P

ADDED Sept. 25:

This scent doesn't change too much on my skin: roses and honey over a soft sandalwood bottom line.

I love to see how different a rose can smell if it's blended with this or that.

It's soft, warming and not too sweet. A really good perfume IMHO.

This was a nice floral in the imp with a rosey overtone, but when it hit my skin it began to smell a bit...off. It didn't smell bad, but it almost did, if that makes any sense. I'm beginning to suspect my skin hates orange blossom. Sigh.

Tried Jezebel yesterday. (My second BPAL ever.) I tried on one wrist, with another scent on the other wrist, so that might have affected it. I'm looking forward to trying it one more time. However...

...it went immediately to old lady rose/baby powder on me. It was kind of overwhelming, and I kept changing my mind on whether it was the rose or the orange blossom that was doing it. I really wanted it to be a soft floral with a strong hit of sandalwood. It was strong all right, but strong baby powder all the way. I resisted washing it off to see what happened. Not much.

36 hours and one shower later it's hanging on, but now it's allllll the honey note. The honey note is gorgeous, but now it's alone. And I can't wait 36 hours for the gorgeous to come out.

I'll give this another try, but I dearly wanted to love it right off and I just couldn't.

Oct. 17 ETA: I've changed my mind on this - it still doesn't have the sandalwood that I was hoping for, but I've come to really like this bright floral. Great for an evening out.

Edited by CLFilm

I tried this months ago and couldn't identify what I didn't like about it, and I tried it again today, now that I know a little bit more about how to identify different notes. And I still am having a very 'eh' reaction to it. Honey and roses are fantastic on me, but unfortunately, all I'm getting out of this is orange blossom, which is turning very sickly sweet on me. If I press my nose to my wrist I get a faint whiff of rose, which is nice, but it is predominantly heady orange blossom and it's giving me a bit of a headache.

Amazing! A floral that doesn't love me? :P

Anything with rose smells terrible on me, and this was no different. It was also too sweet for my tastes, which was partially the orange blossom's fault and partially the honey. Just clashes with my chemistry I suppose. :P

Directly on the skin it's sweet orange. Sandalwood starts to appear quickly.

On dry-down it becomes very powdery, but still with the sandalwood behind it. Unfortunately, I really don't like powder. It just seems to get behind my nose and start it itching.

My Impresssion:

Oh the orange in this one. A slight rose, and sandalwood notes as well, however, I can't detect any honey at all in this one. This reminds me of the orange jelly sugar coated candies. A bit foody for me to wear but I am sure it makes a fantastic room scentl. My scale of 1-5...4

I wanted to love this. In fact I did for 10 whole minutes.

Sexy honey-roses. Sweet orange blossom. Dry sandalwood. Finally, an OMG scent.

10 minutes later, powder. Not powder-y but POWDER. Honey powder, but powder none the less. With the throw of doom.

Oh well.

I too, wanted so badly to like this scent. The description is delicious and I love the character after which this scent is named.

Upon initial "whiff" (wet, in the bottle) ...the self proclaimed honey-orange smell. Sweet, but not nauseatingly so.

I was disappointed then, to find that once on me, even wet, all I got was baby powder. Baby powder with a rich, vanilla smell underneath....but baby powder nontheless. I couldn't smell the sandalwood at all.

Unfortunetly for me, I HATE the smell of baby powder (good for me I don't plan on having children!) and the scent never went away. In fact, I WANTED to like the rich undertones but the baby powder smell blew it for me.

This one is going in my swap list for sure.

Edit: Also, this is only one so far which has made me sneeze.

Edited by HonorAlexandria

This is the first scent that I've tried that simply didn't work for me. It went from POWDER to powder to powder with a little tiny othersmell...then back to powder.

Ah well, at least there are a zillion other ones to try :P

This was warm, gorgeous honey on me, with just a hint of sweet orange blossom. It is warm and I really like it. I don't get rose at all.

Weirdo! This is very O-like and dirty on me, but with very strong orange blossom. Very sweet. As it dries down I momentarily get a hint of something almost cardamom-ish, something very lightly peppery and spicy. Perhaps it's the sandalwood? Argh, it totally just gave me a scent picture of a spice I use while cooking, but the memory flashed away just as fast. Anyway, whatever it is, it made me sneeze! --Aha! The scent picture is of asafoetida, which sounds awful I know, but it's a terribly light touch and it's something about the very light pepperiness that brings up the association. I do not at all think that this is truly asafoetida.

Hmm, upon further drydown that pepperiness appears to morph into soapiness. It's not awful, but eh.

I like the light, initally sweet-but-not-soapy effect, very reminiscent of flowers on the breeze. But it's a bit too orange-y for me, and this mystery item, sandalwood or some unnamed element, keeps on having that peppery effect, prickling my nose, and then the soapishness. However, this will probably be very nice, a wonderful spring or summer scent (I think of cherry blossom season) for many.

On my scale, a 3 out of 5.

Every girl needs to be a Jezebel sometimes...

Seriously, the other night I tried on a boatload of my friend's BPALs and this was the standout. I really, really, really need to buy myself a bottle of this.

The predominant note of this, on me, is the honey note, which didn't surprise me at all because the honey in O is very strong on me as well. However, while O is mostly honey on me and sort of innocent, Jezebel has this musky undertone that's sexy as hell.

This is a lovely, warm scent, and quite sultry. If O, Snake Oil, and other warm sweet scents work well on you, do give this one a try. Yum!

The mix of honey and orange in this is divine, I usually hate honey smells (although I do like 'O'!) - they tend to smell like, well, cat pee on me! This is gorgoeus though, the honey and orange is a perfect mix and it is really sweet and sexy. Yum!

Wet this is orange, honey and musk. When first on a bright orange note maybe even tangerine. There’s a slight powder underneath like baby aspirin. There’s also a hint of something green and herbal like pine or rosemary. This reminds me of O a bit because of the honey. After about ten minutes a strong floral note develops- jasmine maybe. This is really nice! Like a sophisticated perfume mixed with the sexiness and earthiness of O. There’s a really sexy honey/musk note in the background that adds warmth and depth to the blend. Gorgeous!! :P This would be a great nighttime scent. On the drydown it’s similar to Snake Charmer. Love it!

Guh. Orange blossom honey, and reminiscent of my precious O. Just the barest touch of rose comes out on drydown, and the sandalwood grounds it all beautifully. I ordered a 5ml, and wish now that I'd ordered a 10. This is the daytime version of O for me, a bit less sexy, just as gorgeous.

dusty fruit....hmmm...it must be the honey in this blend.....quite sweet....

kind of pretty.....after about 30 minutes this fragrance warms up...the orange

and sandalwood are coming out and this is one lovely....the honey comes

back out and makes this quite intriguing.....i like it a lot

:P

This is an almost overpowering honey on first application, followed closely by the orange blossoms. I actually expected the roses to ascend sooner, but they don't really appear at all. The floral notes kind of squish together to a green-and-petals scent.

For the most part, this is honey with a green floral note. After a while, the honey recedes to the background and the green becomes dominant, but the overall blend maintains a very strong throw. It's a strong, sweet scent, but ultimately, I don't think it's for me.

Smells like old ladies sweet rose talcum powder on me, and I really hate that. On the plus side it was very strong and durable, but on the negative side I didn’t like it very much!

The slightly green honey note that first hits you in O dries down to a sweet fruity floral. The orange and rose combination is definitely flirt, and dries to a powdery finish. The sandalwood is the perfect base to hold this all together. This reminds me very much of O and Alice together. Love it. I see myself wearing this on soft, romantic afternoons, in bed with my lover.

This didn't used to work on me; I suspect coming off the Pill has made some changes.

This smells like O. But where's the stink of sexsweatbed? Excellent - I smell decadent, desirable and delicious, yet not overly depraved. The honey is light and sweet and sexy, and mingles with a lovely soft floral. A perfect bedtime scent, alongside Regan and, if you're into it O.

I got this in an imp swap.

Wet: for some reason, this smells very green and herbal, though there are no herbs in this blend.

On me: Oh no, something went really sour. I think the roses in this don't like me and neither does the honey. I think it might be the roses because I am getting that grassy, almost urinous note that I get from some roses. And I know the honey is going sour because it's amping up and it smells like Pooh Bear just jammed his jar of "hunny" up my nose.

I so wanted to like this but it's off to the swaps.

Edited by Chrysantza

Jezebel has one of my favorite Lab descriptions, hands down. How could I not want to try this one? Those are all notes I love, as well (especially roses and honey).

Whew, she's a strong one! I get orange blossoms and honey barrelling out of the gate, er, imp. It's the lovely "O" honey, too; mmmm, sexy! No roses as of yet, but this is deliciously decadent...for the first few minutes. Then it goes, "ha! bye!" and disappears into powder with just a whisper of rose as it flounces out. Jezebel, you heartbreaker! Why couldn't you stay the way you started out? Alas, our new-relationship chemistry went pffffft in record time. *sigh*

How did I not review this one?! It was one of the first BPAL scents I ever tried! :P Anyway...

This is so very sweet. I can pick out the orange blossom (seems to give it a slightly tart edge) and the rose (to add to the beauty). The honey makes it so very sweet, and the sandalwood just adds another dimension to this lovely scent. Unfortunately, whenever I wore Jezebel, it eventually turned into a very sweet baby powder with a stronger-than-average throw. This would be wonderful in a scent locket, but on my skin it just doesn't want to stay beautiful.