Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Very sweet wet, made me think of a orange blossom bubblegum. As it sits for  minute the rose starts to come out, and I get honey with a bit more depth rather than just overwhelming sweetness. Dry it softens considerably, being mostly soft, dusty sandalwood with a haze of sweet florals around it.

Jezebel is gorgeous, and I'm so glad I love it because I accidentally ordered two imps of this!

In the imp, it smells more like orange than orange blossom, which worried me a little because while I would sell my soul to any accommodating creature of the underworld for a good orange blossom scent, I do not like the smell of oranges. At all. Thankfully, this very 'orangey' quality fades from the skin almost immediately and the lovely scent of orange blossoms comes out instead.

It's a very sweet scent, but not cloying. I'm not one to gravitate towards excessively sweet scents (although based on my most recent BPAL crushes, I may like sweet scents more than I think I do), yet I love this one. It has a buttery quality, and I'd swear there was amber in this if I didn't know any better. On my skin, the honey isn't prominent, I'm assuming it's responsible for the overall sweetness of the scent, but I don't pick up on a distinctively honey note the way I might in other honey blends (getting a whiff of the Devils of the Pit HG, for instance, is very much akin to sticking your whole face in a pot of honey). I don't get much of the rose at all, and on the whole it doesn't smell very floral to me, so it could still work for you if you're not a floral person! 

Overall it's a very feminine scent, in a mature, sexy, and no nonsense kind of way. I've been wearing this almost every day for a couple of weeks now, I'm actually surprised at how much I love this! I'll definitely be needing a full size bottle in the near future. 💙

In the vial: honey and rose and santal

On me, wet: something base amongst the flowers – something raw and carnal and that counters a certain sickly sweetness, without balancing it

On me, just dried: orange blossom and sex: honey was certainly involved

After 15 minutes: this base note – the sandalwood? - scratches my lower throat/nose, in spite of the sweetness of the orange blossom and honey

After 30 minutes: I seek the roses in vain, all I have now is the sandalwood, clearly offered to strange gods seducing us into their worship

After 1 hour: musky, primarily or maybe it’s the sandalwood – no more flowers to soften it, nor honey

After 3 hours: smoky musky sandalwood- sexy still going strong

Verdict – I was infatuated for a time with Jezebel but we fell out towards the end of a big bottle. All I have now is the remains of a frimp– she was too... something, a bold and scandalous seductress indeed, which is not me at all, so I suppose it should not come as a surprise that our relationship did not work out.

This was a frimp that I expected to hate because my track record with honey and orange blossom (both individually and together) is horrible and rose and sandalwood are very hit-or-miss notes.  The odds were against this one.

It's unexpectedly nice, especially when wet.  The honey in Jezebel is somehow different from any other honey scent I've tried.  Normally I find honey notes unpleasantly sharp, but this isn't the case with Jezebel.  My guess is that either it's a different kind of honey, it's uniquely softened by its companion notes, or it's just a smaller quantity than usual.  Regardless of why it is the way it is, this honey is fruity and pleasant.

Jezebel does get a bit of a funk while it's drying.  I don't know what the source of the funk is, since orange blossom, roses, and sandalwood all go funky on me sometimes (but sometimes not!).  The funk dissipates after it's completely dried.

This may be a locket scent, and it may be the one that gets me to give more honey scents a chance in the future.  Much to think about.

Not sure of my imp's age, but this is heavy on the rose. So heavy that it's a little hard to pick out the other notes, but a few that I can detect are the honey and sandalwood. I think the orange blossom faded with age or maybe the rose is just too strong that I can't smell it. It almost reminds of of Zombi but without the dirt note.

It's pretty, but I don't think it's bottle worthy since I've got nicer rose scents.

This frimp came in one of my late summer BPAL orders last year and I only got around to trying it a few weeks ago, only because someone referenced its honey note in a different review I was recently reading. From the imp, I get the rose and honey with some sandalwood but it still didn't sit right with my nose? I think its the orange blossom because nothing about it has wanted to play nicely with me. I gave this a go anyway, and on dry down, it's a lot woodier than floral. I have no idea where the honey is, lurking but barely there. I don't usually mind rose but this was like, too much and the orange blossom is not...liking me. I can see how this is a pretty blend but unfortunately not for me. She had good throw though and lasted through my day.

A fresh, sensual mix of florals and sandalwood. The honey is slightly waxy on me, and the sandalwood is "red" on me. 

HONEY HONEY HONEY. And somewhere in there, if I really look, I can get just the tiniest hint of orange blossom. The roses and sandalwood are entirely drowned by HONEY. This thing has throw too! It's rich and heavy and absolutely laden with honey and lasts forever.

Gorgeously cozy, with its heaviest notes bringing in warmth and all of the honey. I just want to bask in the scent of this one. Perfect vibes for curling up with a blanket, books, and a cup of tea.