Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today’s upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

O Jezebel, you dirty little harlot! What a beeyotiful smell in the vial. Even my son was impressed and wanted me to test it on a jaunt to the mall (I am trying to expose him to BPAL, he can't wait to try some of the masculine fragrances). It's sweet and a tiny bit floral. Twenty minutes later, what I am now calling "The Amber Curse" hit, turning it into pure, unadulterated baby powder. *sigh* I know amber isn't listed as an ingredient, but I'm hoping that was what did it, because the thought that there is another ingredient that might turn to powder is heartbreaking to me. *sob* Why, Jezebel, why? :P

this is a beautiful blend

wet it was very rose

dry it became more complex, the honey pops up most, then the orange twists it's way through the mix and rose continually pops in and out here and there just to keep me intrigued.

GORGEOUS!

I am still too new to BPAL to be able to pick out specific notes I think, but the best way I can think to describe Jezebel is 'heady'.

This oil feels like it needs to be worn in a club at night when you are dressed up to the nines. I don't go to clubs and rarely dress like I would. I don't know if Jezebel is for me. Which is sad as the description sounded perfect.

This is a warm smell, but like the poster at the top of this page, I too smell something vaguely baby-powderish. I am thinking it might be the rose, because Alice does the same to me, but I have come to like that about Alice. I don't know if I will with Jezebel.

I smell floral, but not straight rose. It must be the orange blossom having an effect.

It isn't an unpleasant smell, but it isn't necessarily one I would be attracted to. I won't swap this straight away. I have my first order from BPAL to wait for (only placed yesterday) and a few others to try that I got with this one from The Imphouse, so I will wait until my nose becomes more adjusted to BPAL to make a decision.

Actually, as I sniff more, on my right wrist I get more powder, on my left I get more orange blossom, but not a nice orange blossom, it must be the rose. Hmmm.

Final Verdict: Officially undecided :P

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Rose.

In the imp/bottle: Sandalwood, orange blossom and honey.

On skin, wet: An odd, earthy and woodsy orange blossom. A bit musky as well.

On skin, dry: Oy, rose. Musky, sweet rose.

Conclusion: Never a fan of rose, I don't care for this once it dries.

Edited by Aredhel

Jezebel

In the bottle:

What is that? Orange, only not exactly orange... must be the orange blossom. And something very light and floral. To me Jezebel actually starts off pretty innocently. Very innocuous and unassertive. Boy am I in for a surprise.

Wet:

As is my skin's common reaction to anything with even just a hint of rose, I can't smell anything but rose.

Drydown:

Rose, rose, rose, rose, darker rose, sweeter rose, dark and sweet and secret rose. The whole time the rose note is fluctuating between budded innocence and full-bloom lascivious, the perfume as a whole is getting stronger. And stronger. And STRONGER.

Later:

I'm not sure Jezebel is throwing all that much, but I'm definitely wafting to myself. Every single breath I've taken today (and we're going on to hour six at this point) has made me very aware of her. I'm dressed fairly mannish, and yet I feel busty and ultra-feminine.

For a long, long while all I got was baby powder. Not a bad medicinal powder, but something sweeter and a bit more quiet. Still, the combination of the rose, honey, and sandalwood (the orange blossom seems to have vanished completely) were combining to a pretty straightforward baby powder. Not my cuppa.

But.

She shifts. Every breath, every wave of my body heat insinuating up from my linen button down shirt takes on a shade more rose, or a shade more honey (:P) or veers darker into sandalwood territory.

This is not a scent for the office or everyday. This is a scent for seduction. For dressing up, maybe even when buttoned up from ankle to chin. But by letting this scent waft from any opening in that elaborate costume, it's the ol factory equivalent of parading around in lacy unmentionables in impossibly high heels.

Yowza.

Edited by darkitysnark

Honey and rose in the bottle. Very pretty.

On my skin, honey and orange blossom, drifting into strong rose, before becoming pure baby powder. And then it stays baby powder. All within 15 minutes.

Oh well...

In the bottle--oh great, not another rose scent

on the skin--lovely, absolutely lovely. the honey and sandalwood are perfect together! I don't smell any orange blossom or baby powder, so, yay!

Insanely perfumey and generic :P

My imp broke on the floor =(

half an hour later though...my room smells like honeysuckle and honey (the real stuff!!) WHY couldn't Jezebel smell like this on me?? Is there something special about my dirty dormroom floor that brings out Jezebel's allure, and makes it smell like a summer morning in the country? :D

Jezebel and I, we have a love/hate relationship. I received this imp as a freebie from the lab (many thanks!) and after its first go I figured I'd have to send it packing. I got straight old-lady powder from start to finish. I left it out on my shelf, though, and every once in awhile I would catch a whiff of it and think, "Oh! What's that lovely smell?!?!?" When I push past the powder there's something intoxicatingly sweet and womanly behind there. The honey and orange-blossom blend is gorgeous. I'm dying to get to it but the powder always wins! I've given up on being able to wear it, but I think I'll keep it around as an occasional room scent.

Ah, evil honey strikes again. This one smelled a bit baby/diaperish in the vial and similarly on me. Honey doesn't go well with me and it's similar to what I experienced with O. The rose in this, oddly enough, doesn't come out at all, which is the first time any scent I've tried with rose in it hasn't been taken over by the rose. Still, the sickly-sweet honey/sandalwood combination isn't for me. Off to swaps...

Oirigns - imp, fresh from the lab

Wet - oh this is absolutely beautiful! I have been looking for a honey scent, and O doesn't work on me as well as I would like. I smell honey, orange blossom, a bit of rose, and a tiny bit of sandalwood; four of my favorite scents together in one bottle I wish the sandalwood were a bit stronger, but otherwise it's perfect.

Dry - hey, where did it go? All I get now is powder. Ah Jezebel, I so wanted to love you.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3.

Mmm…this one is soft and faintly sweet. I get mainly honey, with the faintest touch of floral and a tiny bit of sandalwood. I like it a lot. It's good for a day where you want a lighter but still sexy sweet scent. I also think it would be a great scent to mix with unscented dusting powder. There are so many scents that I love that I'm not sure I'd buy a 5ml, but I might.

I was really looking foreward to this as it has some of my favorite notes in it, however it really just didn't like my skin all that much. The sandalwood was predominant and turned into baby powder on me and while the honey and rose were beautiful it sort of just turned into noxious powedery ickines due to chemistry. Sad sad. :P

Off to swaps for this one!

Bottle (Imp): Sweet and mild. A bit foody.

Just On: Mmmm. All kinds of things going on here.

An hour or two later: Ohmy. I really like this. It's faded just a bit, and it's still so many things that I can't really pick anything to single out.

Around 6 hours: This started turning to a bandaid smell a bit ago, and hasn't changed since then. It's not smelling very good now.

12 hours: The last vestiges of bandaid. So sad this turned that way on me.

Overall: I really liked the way this started out. If it had stayed along those lines, this would jump into my top ten very quickly, but it turned rather yucky on me. Most certainly have to try this a couple more times to see if it was a freak thing or happens every time.

After reading other reviews: It must be the honey and orange blossom that I smelled at first. Maybe the sandalwood is what turned on me? Or could it be the rose? I'll have to compare scents that work on me with scents that don't and figure it out. Probably a really good reason to try a whole bunch more BPAL. <G>

In the imp & wet, OMG, I LOVE it!! Sweet, spicy orange & honey, and gradually, the sandalwood peeks through in the most subtle of ways. After about 15 minutes or so the rose starts to flutter about beautifully. And no headache or sneezing from that lovely rose, yay!!

This reminded me of Hunger, but not as "Here I am!!" (as Hunger).

Beautiful blend but unfortunately, didn't stay with me very long. Maybe 30 minutes at most. Even though I don't guess I'll be getting a big bottle, this is a lovely blend for all seasons :P

In Bottle: Honey and orange blossom.

On Skin: Beautiful! So sweet yet elegant. This is a perfect scent…The honey is so sweet, yet the rose and orange blossom provide a floral tartness. The sandalwood adds woody depth that counters the sweetness of the scent and makes it more adult and sexy. I want a larger bottle of this.

Oh Jezebel, I wanted to love you. So much.

Unfortunately, all the lovely honey, roses and orange blossom were blown away by the sandalwood when I put it on. :P

Darn you, sandalwood!

Edited by synique

Jezebel - borrowed from a friend's new imp pack.

In the bottle: Honey and orange blossom, but do I detect just a bit of rose?

On me: Honey, closely followed by orange blossom. I can't detect rose as a note on it's own, but I think it's adding to the complex scent of honeyed orange blossoms.

Drydown: Weird! Normally sandalwood amps up the minute it hits my skin, but in this blend I can't even smell it. However, I don't really love honey or orange blossom. Even though this is a really beautifully complex scent that I wanted to love for it's description alone, I can't. Plus, it's making me sneeze.

Wet/in imp - I definately get orange...brought back some memories of visiting grandma in Flordia! It's subtle, but once you grab it, you definately get the subconsious idea of splitting an orange skin. It's..um... a "round" scent - all the stuff tumbles together like it's in a waterglobe - it's really cool. And, damnit, I keep getting a chocolate kind of scent...I didn't think this had chocolate, but I smell chocolate (maybe I'm just hungry? hehe)

On meee - Hmmm..chemicalish. Ok, good, that went away. Smelled too soon, I think. But the rose...isn't quite rose...it's not assertive enough...ick! Baby Powder? What is this? I smell like a baby's butt all of a sudden. Damn. Isn't going away, either. Ach...*strong*, too. Nothing but baby powder. ::weeps:: 10 mins later, no different. Poor jeze.

~Fox

This smelled wonderful when it first went on. A little orange, a little floral. Nice. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to figure analyze it anym more than that before it turned into... rose powder.

I'm having this problem with all the scents involving rose, alas. My skin chemistry seems to adore rose. Pity I don't agree with it!

Soft, breezy honey and light orange. Sweet honey, with the tinge of wood and orange underneath. Lovely, but may not last long on me. I'll try again, though.

I love this in the bottle and on my skin at first. It smells like a bowl of rich vanilla cream and sweet little oranges, with a few rose petals laying about for decoration. Delicious and charming.

Unfortunately, on my skin in the drydown, the honey amps up like mad and the blend becomes cloying, warm, and slightly off. It's like the orange sours and the vanilla cream impression morphs more to the baby powder side of things, so I'm left with cloying honey, sour orange, and baby powder with a hint of perfumey rose. Boo :(

Edited by Little Bird

Jezebel

Starts off very sweet creamy orange with a honey tinge. The honey gets stronger and stronger and kicks the orange note out. It smells sorta Lush-y to me and makes me think of the kind of orange note in Whipstick and a little bit of Honey Trap. Then some weird burning hair note comes out, but fades quickly enough. The ultimate dry down on me is a sweet powdery scent. I've tried this three or so times. I tried to like it. It was one of the first imps I got. I give up, off to swaps.

Hmm.. at first, this one is definitely recognizeable as honey, with alternating wafts of Orange Blossom and Rose.. As it dries down, the warmth of the sandalwood become more apparent. It gives me the impression of sweet and sultry at the same time.

This is a very lovely scent..! It seems to fade rather quickly, but I think it's one that's worth reapplying. Other than that.. I don't think there's much to say that hasn't been mentioned already.

..and on top of that.. I'd love to tell someone I'm wearing something called "Jezebel" :P

Edited by harlequin

Jezebel

In the imp: roses and honey, with a tart, orangey tang-the orange blossom?

Wet on skin: ooh, this is nice! Honeyed rose with a hint of orange blossom, which adds a slight tangy aspect to the scent. the honey note here is also slightly tart, but pleasant, and it blends nicely with the rose, so the two scents become one. I think the sandalwood's there as well.

Dry on skin: the honey note gets stronger, with the florals in the background. this is a lovely sweet scent with a nice, almost fruity edge to the floral scent.

After a while: the honey note gets sweeter and I think I can smell sandalwood now-it's much more prominent and lends it's smooth, woody qualities to the floral notes. The rose and orange blossom are still there but the honey still remains at the forefront of the scent, with the other scents at the back, creating a lovely drydown.

Then after about 30 mins, there's a scent reminiscent of vanilla, but that could be the honey and sandalwood. It's much sweeter now, but still lovely, quite soft but also sensual.

Verdict: this is gorgeous! A lovely sweet honeyed flower scent-sort of like O with flowers. The honey is nice and strong without being over-sweet, mixing nicely with the rose, and the orange blossom adds an interesting twist, and sandalwood smoothes out the whole scent. As with most honey scents, it's sweet and sticky, yet not sickly or cloying, it's very feminine, sensual, quite sexy! I love this one a lot.