Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Category: Love Potions

Site Description:

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

Initial Impression:

Womanly. I smell the orange blossom and honey first, with a bit of the rose and sandalwood in the background. I can imagining Jezebel lounging around on plush cushions, eating ripe fruits and smelling of this.

After Wearing It:

Sweet and fruity. I don't smell the roses at all (which is good) and the sandalwood much, but I can tell that *something* is tempering this fragrance to keep it from smelling just like orange candy. As the scent wears, the orange blossom note fades a bit, mingling better so that the two dominant notes (orange blossom and honey) don't scream at you separately, but rather compose together a fragrance that's sweet, delightful and inviting.

Final Thoughts:

This didn't last so much on me, and the honey notes aren't as strong as I wish they were (I *love* the smell of honey). Nice, but not enough to inspire me to spring for a bigger bottle.

I got a sample of this in a swap and sniffed it out of the bottle and thought it was okay. However, when I wore this, I was amazed at how much of a punch it packed. I like bold fragrances and this was both bold, sweet and woody with a touch of orange blossom (also a fav of mine). I couldn't detect the rose in this either, which as the above reviewer states, is a good thing for me. However, I felt the honey stayed pretty strong in the drydown also. I thought it was yet another perfectly balanced scent by Elizabeth. It had good staying power. I was amazed. I tried this on my wrist around 8:00 pm and when I got up to workout at 3:00 am, the fragrance was still detectable. My kind of fragrance. Loved this one. I'm glad I have a 5 ml bottle coming in my order of this one.

Smelling it in the vial the honey and orange come through very strongly, I can detect no rose at all and the sandalwood barely, I couldn't have put a name to what the other smell was. It has a very strong sweet smell. I initially thought it was overly sweet and the honey came through too strongly (not a huge lover of honey). When I initially tried it on, I didn't like it at all although over time as the smell faded somewhat I started to quite like it. After two or three hours it settles to a really nice unusual fragrance. As I said though I didn't like it at first, however, two people noticed the fragrance on me and said how lovely it was. My initial reaction was maybe to swap this one but I think I'll try it again first.

Honey and orange blossom are two of my favorite smells,and they've been paired excellently in this particular scent. Jezebel is sweet but sophisticated,and one application lasts all day. Which,in my experience,is pretty rare for anything with ornage blossom as one of the components. A yummy smell indeed.

Well I guess you can tell by my name that this is my favourite of the scents I have tried so far.

I am very good with descriptions but on me it smelt richly of honey(but a seductive honey not overly sweet) with the other scents rose, and sandalwood lurking in the background.

This is truly what I believe my signature scent would be it suits me very well. I have received numerous compliments about how I smell when I am wearing it.

I am all out at the moment but am awaiting an order.

A definate fave.

Jezebel is decadent and sexy, without question. On me, the honey note is the star of the show, with rose and sandalwood definitely the supporting cast members. The orange blossom must be the best boy or the grip or something behind the scenes, because I can't actually smell it, but can certainly feel that it's keeping the blend light and balanced.

As beautiful as this is, it's just too sweet for me and the people around me. I won't wear it often, but not because I don't love it; it's just not as perfect for me as it is for fellow poster Jezebel.

Just got my imps from JoanS, bless her, and Jezebel stood out enough that I put it right on my wrists.

First thing I get is honey/roses, in equal strength. For me, the orange blossom blends with the honey smell so much that if I didn't know it was in there, I could have missed it. It just brings the honey up about a half step (I smell in music, if that makes sense.) The sandalwood rounds it out to make a full chord. It's very, very, yummy, very lickable.

This is very me, and the first one I've tried that I love as much as Eve. I will buy the big bottle. Scrumptious/luscious/heavenly, another "I want everything to smell just like this" scent, in my book.

P.S. I believe this scent to be strongly stimulating. Beware the aphrodesiac. :P I'm buying the big bottle.

Edited by Fulltiltredhead

Oh, yes, this is the scent of a Jezebel, for certain.

On first application, I picked up on the orange blossom and rose, but now that it's dried down it's smoothed out to more of a gorgeous, predominantly honey/rose blend. Yes, this is sexy in a very sophisticated, delicate way... roses always seem to make me feel a twist of both innocence and sophistication. Rose scents smell very good on me and don't turn too sweet, and the mixture of honey and rose with a hint of sandalwood is glorious on my skin.

This is something I will definitely consider ordering in a larger size.

What the...?!!!

Ack!!!

My body chemistry is psychotic!

Do I smell honey? NO. Orange blossom or rose? NO! Sandlewood, maybe? Not a bit.

What do I smell? GREEN APPLE JOLLY RANCHERS. Do not ask me how the hell I get green apple Jolly Ranchers, but this is all that comes out on me. Tart apple hard candy. Nothing else. It lasts and lasts. Five hours or so, still nothing but Jolly Ranchers.

Too bad-- I thought I'd really like it. But my absurd chemistry is intent on ruining so many scents. Into the Swap Stack, you Jezebel!

Jezebel like Old Athens to me has a dominant honey smell. :P After a min or so the rose and sandalwood start to apear. It is mixture of fragrances that ancients used. I like it. :D

Jezabel, on me, is like "O" squared. They are almost the same on me. For some reason it is almost all honey, no rose or orange at all, even after several hours. It stays sweet, not quite as sweet as "O", and with a little more spice and a little less warm (probably the lack of amber).

I love honey scents, so I believe that I will have to get a big bottle of this one.

First sniff: Pure, sweet, gooey, drippy honey over a big bowl of fresh fruit, apples and blueberries. YUM.

Wearing: Why oh why did I wait so long to order Jezebel? It’s absolutely decadent. Warm and gooey and not too screamingly sweet. Amazing staying power, though it’s a bit odd – if I’m sniffing my wrist it's very faint, but every so often even after twelve hours or so I catch a whiff of the utterly intoxicating aura. This one’s a definite keeper.

First Impression: Thick, sweet, dripping honey. How do I love this? I can't being to count the ways.

Second Impression: I don't get much fruitiness or floral, just barely.

Final Analysis: This is the smell that makes me adore O. I want to bathe in this. Delectable, delicious, divine.

I just got this in a swap, and I really like it. It's all honey and roses on me, a warm golden smell, sweet but not too sugary, and very feminine but not weak. After a while, it seemed to separate so that the honey wafted up every now and then, but when I sniffed my wrist it was more rose-y.

Lovely and long-lasting. It's not precisely "me," since I don't think of myself as much of a Jezebel, but I'll definitely save it for when I want to feel like one. :P

Jezebel is one of those "stick it out" fragrances for me. Wet, it has an acrid sweetness that reminds me of nothing so much as bug spray. However, once it dries down, it becomes an uber-girly perfume that makes me feel like a cross between the Benefit "Bathina" girl and Marilyn Monroe. It begs to be a bubble bath. Shaving my legs in a tub full of Jezebel-scented bubbles, I am certain I would look exactly as glamourous and coy as the Bathina girl, not remotely awkward at all. It makes me want to parade around the house in a pale, pale pink long satin nightgown with a slit up to there and a matching peignoir and those high-heeled maribou slippers. Drinking champagne. :P

A very odd thing about Jezebel, though: Once it really settled in, I kept thinking "Huh. This smells like baby powder, except that I like it." I loathe the smell of baby powder; at least, I have for as long as I can remember. I kept sniffing myself, trying to pinpoint what the key difference was that made this smell lush and yummy and yet somehow like baby powder. Never did figure it out, but a week or so later my sweetie and I were powdering up for a hot and chafey day at the Renaissance Faire, he with plain ol' Johnson & Johnson, me with their lavender & chamomile scented powder which I always get because, of course, I loathe baby powder. Except I caught a whiff of him and thought "yum, Jezebel!" :D Huh???

So, Jezebel seems to have reset my baby powder button. Weeeeeeiird...

jezebel, we think you stink. bubblegum and bandaids. the pediatricians office. while waiting gor a shot. an unpleasant experience.

This one was very much like baby powder, with a slight spicey scent in the background.

This one lasted a while on me. I'm not too keen on the powder smell, but I don't outright dislike it.

In the bottle it smells like a floral scent I could do. I don't like the pure, innocent, sweet floral perfumes out there. I like my perfumes to have a bite, which this one definitely does. I just wish it would have stayed that way on my skin.

I'm undecided on this one. I'll have to wear it out some more and see if it grows on me.

I've always been intrigued by Jezebel the biblical figure but I wasn't sure how something with orange blossoms and rose would turn out on me; it just sounded too candy-sweet. So I was astounded at how well my own chemistry took to this. While the honey definitely is the dominant note, the orange and rose blend together for a sultry, luxurious and defiant scent. This is a very warm, sun-drenched scent.

This is probably my new signature scent. Makes me feel very feminine, soft and sultry. It smells a bit powdery on me, must be my chemistry. It's well-blended, light orange blossoms, something powdery and very slightly musky, sweet but not cloying or girlish. Just the essence of femininity, warm and womanly and confident. And I was beating men off with a stick, total strangers at a bar were brushing back my hair to lean in and smell my neck. I generally prefer something a bit more oriental and musky as my sexy, night on the town scent, but I can't deny the male response I got from this. And it's not aggressively "on the prowl," so I can wear it to work, too.

Smelling Jezebel in the bottle, I wasn't sure I would like it. When I think of my favorite scents, orange is not usually one of the things that immediately comes to mind, and I could smell the orange and honey like crazy, with very very distant backnotes of the rose and sandalwood.

Then I tried it on.

I never knew oranges could smell so delicious. The honey sweetened the orange, rounded it out, smoothed down the bite I've always associated with oranges. The rose and sandalwood stayed in the background on my skin; I could only catch a hint of them at the tail end of each sniff (enough to perfectly compliment it), but that warm, golden-orange, GLOWING honey-orange blossom...oh my god. I feel like a sunset when I'm wearing it. I craved sliced oranges dripping with honey the whole night. I could not stop sniffing my wrist the whole night.

Suffice to say, Jezebel is now the favorite of all the imps I've tried (which is, admittedly, only six). I think a big bottle is in the cards for me.

:P

This smelled heavily of baby powder on me. I kept waiting to smell something evolve and after about 6 hours, I got a wiff of baby powder and bandaid/diaper. After 10 hours, it was a tad more floral but in a rotting way. Not good on me at all.

Will be swapping.

Jezebel smells to me like O with flowers. The base is that same warm ambered honey I like in O, but Jezebel adds the rose and orange blossom. And what a difference it makes. To me, this is absolutely heavenly. It smells like nectar. And unlike O, this one sticks around on my skin.

The honey note was most predominant on my skin, with orange blossom, sandalwood and rose following in that order. It was a little powdery but it didn’t distract from the beauty of the scent.

Overall, it’s very polished and feminine, and would be just as appropriate for a hot date as it would be for a business meeting. It’s truly lovely.

ETA: I'll definitely use up the imp and consider getting a bottle!

Edited by LiberAmoris

I hadn't read the description when I got this.

Jezebel was nothing like I imagined. The name brought to mind something heavy and spicy, then I opened the vial and wow!

If there was such a thing as coconut cotton candy (is there?), it would smell something like this. It's sweet, and to me it has a distinct coconut-honey-type scent.

Very nice. I put it on right away, eventhough I had plenty of other fabulous imps to try. The bees *loved* me. I must have been an amusing sight darting around the bus stop to avoid the little buggers.

:P

Though, something I noticed, this isn't a 24/7 scent to me. I can't stand the sticky sweet scent some days (and once you put it on, it stays for hours), on others I adore it. It's just too much sometimes.

-Milk

on first sniff, this was sweet, creamy orange blossom and honey. there was something slightly deeper to it that added a warm, almost undetectable base. jezebel smells gorgeous.

on my skin, it darkened up immediately. it's very sweet and very dark, with orange blossom still being the prominent note. i can't smell the rose at all, which is a good thing, given my chemistry. jezebel doesn't waft around very much, it stays very close to my skin.

within a minute of having it on, it gets very powdery, moreso than any other scent i've tried. it smells like i poured the juice from an orange on my skin, and dusted myself with a copious amount of baby powder immediately afterward. it's a shame, because this almost made it to my big bottle list. if it smelled the same as it did in the vial or as it does on my skin right when i put it on, i would probably have ordered a larger vial of this. as it currently stands, i'll keep the imp around, but i don't suspect i'll be able to order it anymore. it's just way too powdery. i hate my skin.

I am in love! a ) I have always been enraptured by jezebel the woman and b ) this smells SO good on me.

In the bottle this smells like pure honey, and once it's on it stays pretty true to that. The roses here are very sweet and honey is marvelously dripping and creamy sweet. This is a very heady scent and makes me understand how bees get drunk off of honey. This makes me almost woozy. This isn't sweet like candy, but a rich sweet like pastries glazed with honey.

This lasted me hours and I was getting definite wafts of it throughout the day. It made me feel gorgous and strong., not to mention like I was covered with orange honey and roses. It reminds of the inscence used in some churches actually. (maybe the sandalwood?) Thank you a million times whoever swapped me this.

On the big bottle list for sure!

Edited by Lucretia