Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today’s upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

Jezebel is just GORGEOUS! I'm crazy about honey and the honey note in this is nice and strong. I took forever to try this one because I was worried about the rose going sharp or the sandalwood making it too dry, but everything in this blend works beautifully. I get mostly honeyed orange initially, but after about 10 minutes just a little rose comes through to stop it from being too juicy fruity. The sandalwood doesn't come into play until about 2 hours into the drydown and it's very soft, not raspy like it usually is on me. This actually reminds me a lot of Seraglio (without the almond) and it's going to be hard to decide between the two. Almonds or honey? :P Meh, I'm going to need both. Edited by Shollin

Jezebel

Preconceived notions:

It sounds like a luxurious, indulgent, sexy, yet sacred smell - perhaps a good Priestess scent...

In the vial:

Yes - very sweet and indulgent. It reminds me of Decadence without the almond. The honey is there - very lush and mouthwatering.

On me:

First whiff:

Very orange - yet it’s a sedated orange, hiding behind some powder. . . ah, yes, the powder is sandalwood. After a few minutes, the sandalwood backs off slightly, and the orange gets a sharp bite, warmed by the honey.

After a few more minutes, the sandalwood returns again. It does give an air of sacredness to the scent, but I think the orange is too bright for this to be a Priestess scent. Still, it’s lush, decadent, and sensual. The honey is coming out more, and it’s becoming a decadent honey-orange-sandalwood scent. If it were to be used in circle, this would definitely be a Beltaine scent.

Final impressions: This is a softer, smokier indulgent version of Decadence. It will definitely get good use on days when I want to pamper myself.

In the vial

Very sweet. Orange blossoms and honey mostly, with the faintest whiffs of sandalwood.

Wet

As I expected, the sandalwood explodes on my skin to take over everything. It's shoved the orange blossoms and honey to the background. This does seem to be a characteristic of my skin.

Drydown

However, if Old Venice was any indication, the sandalwood settles down and it does the same thing here. I'm getting lovely, sweet honeyed oranges with the sandalwood adding a certain depth in the background. And there are the roses. I'm really starting to think that my skin eats rose notes for breakfast and only lets the residue slink out towards the very end when it starts to turn slightly powdery.

Final thoughts

I don't think I'd wear this everyday, but it's a nice scent. I do feel a bit naughty wearing it, for reasons I can't exactly pinpoint. I don't like it enough for a big bottle, but keeping the imp I shall!

*atchoo*

*atchoo*

*atchoo*

Okay, so I don't think Jezebel is going to work for me. It smells nice, warm honey and orange blossoms and...

*ATCHOO*

*head explodes*

:P

Edited to add: Okay, it's settling down a bit now, and it really *is* very gorgeous-- I love the honey-- but I don't know about the mad-sneezing at the beginning. I suspect it was the orange blossom. Will have to hang on to the Imp and try it again to see if the sneezies repeat, because the honey really is luscious.

Edited by Azrhiaz

Strangely enough, Jezebel smelled exactly like O on my skin! The resemblance was so uncanny that I decided to apply O on one wrist and Jezebel on the other. The only difference I can find during the wet stage is that Jezebel may be a little lighter than O.

After drydown, if I sniff carefully enough, I can catch a small whiff of sandalwood in Jezebel that makes it less sweet than the vanilla in O, but they are still extremely similar.

Needless to say, if you like O then you will more than likely enjoy Jezebel as well!

This is one of my favorite oils, so I can't believe I haven't written a review of it yet!

to me Jezebel is wonderfully yummy and sexy. I think it smells like a deep delicious honey. its not just honey though, there is definatly other notes in there making it so deep and complex. The only other note I can really pick out is the rose, but it doesn't take over the other scents like most rose notes do on me.

my imp is almost out, so I must definatly get a bottle soon!

This is the missing imp! It stuck to the bubble wrap in the bottom corner of my last order's box, so I totally missed it until I went to re-use the bubble wrap for a swap. Imagine my joy to find another imp!!

Now, O is seriously my all-time favorite bpal scent.

Jezebel just might be edging it out.

In the bottle, Jezebel is very sweet and fruity, and really not my thing at all. I almost didn't try it on at all, but I realized how could I let the fates down and not try on this suddenly uncovered scent?

On me for the first 15-20 minutes, all I get is orange gummy bears. Or maybe orange swedish fish. Do they make orange swedish fish? It's the orange and honey together, making a sweet sweet orange candy right on my skin.

Then we hit the change. And oh, what a change!

The orange fades completely, and the rose must have stayed in the bottle or something. All I get now is a truly WONDERFUL mix of honey and sandalwood. OH MY! This is what I was hoping Velvet would be. It just wraps me up and makes me warm and happy. It's sweet and sexy and beautiful.

It lasts decently long, too. I applied at 9am and was still going fairly strong at 1pm, and still had lovely whiffs of sandalwood at 7pm.

A big bottle. Oh yes. It will be mine.

In the Bottle: Jezebel is very sweet. I smell honey and sandalwood, so its a sweet smokey scent.

On Me: Now the orange comes out slightly along with the decadent honey, and all three comes out on my skin with none really overpowering the other one. Oh my GOD this is a gorgeous fragrance! This is the embodiment of woman, sweet and musky, familiar yet mysterious, loving yet seductive. For some reason the song "Bitch" come to mind:

I'm a Bitch

I'm a Tease

I'm a Goddess

On my knees

When you hurt

When you suffer

I'm an angel undercover

This is the perfect oil to describe the complexities of women. Bravo!!!

This is powdery and a bit cloying. Perhaps there’s some sort of fruit (coconut?) in the background. Then, the powder turns from cloying powder into baby powder. It then goes back into the cloying powder stage…sort of like a stale, musky powder. I wouldn’t say that’s a bad thing—just not my sort of thing.

I was expecting something totally different based on Jezebel's description.

Wet: Sweetly orange, with the sandalwood balancing the fruitiness.

Dry: On me, it smells like floral baby powder. It's not bad, really, it's quite soothing. Not sure if I would want a bottle of this, though.

ADDED Jan. 8:

I tried Jezebel again today and received a compliment, though I still am not too crazy about it. It's still smelling like floral babypowder to me. The girl who complimented me called it "Old School" and she seemed to dig it, though agreeing on the powdery scent. She said to her it smelled like roses. I'm passing the BPAL word around.. :P

Edited by yaluna

This frgrance is very sparkly and bright. There is a faint spice scent there- but it is mainly quite floral. Very enchanting... fun! :P

Mmmm...Jezzie, Jezzie, Jezzie. I adore you!

In the imp: sweet...almost too sweet, but the name got me and I **had** to try it on!

On my skin: Originally it smelled like a flavored honey. You know, those straws of honey you can buy that are flavored? Like a orange blossom/rose flavored honey straw. Then the sandalwood came out and gave the honey a "drier" tone - but very beautiful. Now I just have to wait until the boy comes home to "test drive" it on him...he loves the book skinny legs and all by Tom Robbins and he seemed interested that there was a scent based on Jezebel - I guess there's a reference of her in the book.

Going on my big bottle list!

This has an odd, vaguely chemical tang when wet. It is gone in less than a minute, though.

The lab's orange blossom note smells like creamsicle to me rather than the orange flower water that I spritz into my hair (bought at the middle eastern grocery store). I like creamsicle...but I love orange flower water.

Everything fades quickly to the background except for the beautiful dark honey.

I love it. It's a new favorite.

i love this. it's the scent of sweet and sticky vanilla caramel out of the bottle, but dries out to a hot, sensual musk. it used to inspire awesome sex between the other half and i, but that has since changed...sigh. i digress.

it's a strongly erotic scent: one that makes me want to break out the leather toys and see what happens when she mixes with sweat. i feel a need to become one with my inner whore, and jezebel may just help me down that road.

On me, Jezebel is mainly honey and rose, with a little sandalwood. Eventually, the rose fades, and by the end of the day all that's left is honey and a touch of sandalwood. I think I'd like this blend a bit better if there was more sandalwood, and if the orange blossom came out more, but all in all, it's quite nice. I probalby would buy a bigger bottle of this if I didn't already have a bottle of O (which smells somewhat similar, just without the rose).

When this first hits my nose, it smells very icky. Like burning rubber. No joke.

Something also hurts my lip when I smell it.

I can now smell something heavy and floral, but have no idea what it is. Oh no, honey...please not honey...not honey...noooooooooooooooooooooo...

I think the honey is taking over here. The perfume is very sweet. I can smell a tiny bit of floral, but the sandalwood isn't to be found.

It's just sweet. Like if you poured honey on yourself and then rolled through rose and orange blossom petals.

It is better than the first two times I tried it. Both times the burning rubber smell wouldn't go away and I didn't know what was making it smell like that.

I would say this is for someone who wants a sweet honey type of scent with a little floral thrown in. I still can't smell the sandalwood, there must not be much sandalwood in it. It would be for someone who would want to wear something that smells like B&BW's Warm Vanilla Sugar with honey thrown in.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Jezebel, ooooo, at first application, wow, this is really sweet and full of orange!! But after a short while the sweetness calms a little and I can smell the roses trying to find their way out. I still smell lots of orange, but it's not as strong. I am sooo liking this!! Now, drying, I can pick out the sandalwood wafting out amidst the roses and honeyed oranges. It's almost powdery on me, which I like very much!

This will definately go on my bigger bottle wishlist!!!

I smell the honey and what seems like lots of citrus at first sniff, I smell the roses but they aren't the primary smell. I never smelled the sandallwood. Pity because it would have helped to mellow it out a bit. This is definitely a foody one. I liked it but I wouldn't buy it, I like Seraglio, Acuma better. I'd give this a B-

jezebel was in my first ever bpal order, and i couldn't wait to try it- the notes are among my very favorites, ever! but i put it on and was horrified. promptly swapped it away.

fast fwded 5 months or so, and i'm wondering why on earth i didn't like jezebel. i love those notes! so i swapped for it, figuring maybe my nose was just too new to bpal before.

well, yes and no. yes, in that i'm no longer horrified by jezebel. no, in that its not the nicest with my chemistry. not horrible, just not super nice. the sandalwood never comes out, which is too bad, bc on me jezebel is SWEET and could use a little grounding. i think i get a lot of honey and a touch of rose, with some baby powder. it good, but not great.

the staying power is pretty impressive- i swiped my wrists around noon and could still get faint whifs around 9pm!

jezebel. . . oh my god i wanted to love you! you teased me with whispers of honey and orange blossom and sandalwood, all the things you know i can't resist. . .

when you first open up to me, i catch a glimpse of what you could be. . . you are orange sherbert, sweetened with honey. you make my head swim. . .

when you touch me, however, you turn on me like a banshee. you are no longer sweet, you are no longer honeyblossomthickresin. you are fried chicken.

oh. . . so you've decided to come back to me, eh? after two hours of tormenting me with your fried chicken, you come back singing a different tune. . .trying to lure me back into your web, with soft, whispered promises of things to come.. .promising me hours of spring time scents, nilla wafers and milkshakes. jezabel, i may gaze at you longingly from across the room, but i shall never let you under my skin again. . . .the pain is not worth the pleasure.

Edited by gdogs

Sinfully sweet and sumptuously sexy.

In the bottle: Smells like a box of cherry and orange chocolates smothered in honey.

First on: A sticky indulgence of syrupy honey, mixed with orange candies and a slight floral note.

After a few hours: I just smell honey and rose, both in equal levels, the orange/candiness of it has disappeared.

Overall a little too heavy a scent for my personal regular use but I'm still tempted to gnaw my wrists off it smells so yummy. I wonder what this would smell like lightened up maybe with a white floral/white musk or slight mint/aquatic note.

First sniff from the bottle- Orange! I love orange, this is fantastic wet. It smells like creamsicles with honey.

After 10 minutes- The orange has faded a bit and now it just smells like honey.

After 30 minutes- The sandalwood has come out now which is nice. But there is a sharp pungent scent mixed in with it.. like sandalwood, play doh and baby powder mixed together. My skin always does that to honey blends.

Summery- I liked the wet orange stage of this one but the dry down smell was yuck on my skin. Not for me. Off to swaps!

Edited by requieminblack

Jezebel reminds me of a line from Yeats: it's like being in a "bee-loud glade." (Or, in this case, a bee-loud orange grove in bloom. :P ) This is beautiful. On me it's dripping honey and fragrant orange blossoms, with the rose peeking out only at drydown. Very sweet and slightly powdery, innocent yet seductive--Jezebel is a wonderful combination of scents. One of my top-ten scents--maybe even one of my top two. :D

Edited by Shollin

I will have to wait further into the dry-down for the final verdict but so far my body is really amping up the roses no end. It's a shame because I was hoping forr more of a sandalwood vibe.

I'm slowly assembling my own Swap Stack and I think this might be included, unfortunately.

I thought I'd love Jezebel, but it's just nauseatingly sweet on me. My skin seems to love the orange blossom and honey and amplifies it like crazy. No sandalwood or roses, sadly... I think those might've tempered the tooth-rotting candy sweetness. Ah, well. For the swap pile, most likely.