Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
StormtrooperPrincess

Bravery, Courage, Confidence, Intimidation, Power

Does anyone have suggestions for appropriate workplace scents? Within the next two months I'll be moving up into management if things go well, and I'd like to have a new fragrance to go along with it. Something with confidence, with a strong & capable feel to it.

I've got imps of White Rabbit, Katherina, Dragon's Milk, Mata Hari, Eve, and Snake Oil on order, if that helps. I tend to be drawn towards vanilla fragrances, but also like gardenia, some roses, honey, citrus and pear. And am quite open to suggestions that contain none of the above. :P

DORIAN! it's a lovely lemony vanillay tea scent. the tea isn't that strong on me, it's mostly vanilla that's been perked up by a faint lemoned tea.

if you can find it, queen of diamonds is divine - it's a lovely grapefruit scent, and very reagal and capable.

For something completely different than the notes you've listed, there's La Belle Dame Sans Merci. It's very green, in a leafy-grassy sort of way, and very much a "power" scent to me.

Magdalene is orchid, rose, and tea; it's warm and bright at the same time, and has a softly commanding feel.

And Sea of Glass is beautiful beyond words. It's cool, sparkling, and truly crystalline. It's one of my all-time favorites, with the exception of staying power. I'm just going to have to give in and reapply or make a quick perfume spray, because it's time to be wearing it again.

The nice thing is that a) it's so much fun testing scents to find the right one for you, and :D no matter what BPAL scent you choose, chances are good no one else is going to come to work smelling the same! :P

Beyond those you've mentioned (and Snake Oil is a FABULOUS power scent -- I wear it to work when my bosses come in), I definitely think you should try Lady Macbeth. If you can get past the initial "whoa, wine!" scent, it dries down into a softly sweet but eminantly strong, firm scent that screams power and a manic grip on control.

Snake Oil is fab as a power scent, but other than that I think you'll have to find out for yourself. We each have different tastes and body chemistry, so will perceive certain scents completely differently. You'll know when you have found a scent that makes you feel strong and confident. :P Good luck with your new position!

Catherine strikes me as a lady CEO kind of scent. If you like lemons, you might want to try Severin as well. If you can get it, Frost Moon has a crisp, minty effervescent down to business feel to it.

I keep a little espresso teacup full of dry rice at work with the following imps:

Kitsune-Tsuki - soft, like snow and plums, competent but feminine

Bordello - a little more rowdy, but spunky - for asskicking at work

Queen of Hearts - fresh and strong, executive, playing by the rules

Persephone - girlish and sweet, for when I want to be humble

Old Glasgow - a very cold, crisp, deep smell, for tucking into work

I've also got imps of Rosalind (grassy, fresh) and Whitechapel (tea and lemon, unobtrusive) on the way for springtime.

Hope that helps!

tomorrow, the first big power meeting under sole ownership of my salon. the meeting is w/ a womanizer man, whom i rent from. he is known for being sneaky, and manipulative. i want to definitely come out on top of this meeting. i am not so much worried about meeting him as i am not easliy intmidated, but i want to "tweak" the meeting. what oil should i wear?

and after that i must pick the perfect outfit. i am guessing my black leather pants and corset are out? :P

Hmmmm, when I was going to a meeting a week or so ago, I felt compelled to wear Queen of Sheba. It made me feel quite on top of my woman-power game. :P

tomorrow, the first big power meeting under sole ownership of my salon. the meeting is w/ a womanizer man, whom i rent from. he is known for being sneaky, and manipulative. i want to definitely come out on top of this meeting. i am not so much worried about meeting him as i am not easliy intmidated, but i want to "tweak" the meeting. what oil should i wear?

and after that i must pick the perfect outfit. i am guessing my black leather pants and corset are out? :P

Wolf's Heart might be a good one to try (for courage), or also Queen (for harnessing your feminine power). :D Sometimes I have really good results with Black Cat, although it seems an unlikely choice! It really makes me feel powerful and in control, yet very catlike, confident and assured. Whatever you choose, good luck! Hope things go your way...

Fiery Command, woman!

I got some if you need it.

oh EXCELLENT! i forgot about my imp of it! well done.

ok this is what i did, annointed a one dollar bill w/ crown of success. my palms w/ queen. and firey command EVERYWHERE :P i think ia m covered. my meeting is in 1/2 an hour i will report back this evening.

Hi!

I know this might sound a bit silly, but I'm getting my first tattoo next week and am nervous about it. Anything you would care to reccomend me would be excellent!

Thanks,

Kat

[Edited because I cannot spell, aparently]

Edited by dubh_ceol

Hmmm...I would go with Lionheart, or, if you don't have that, The Lion (: Those are both strong, protective, brave scents. (: Blood Countess might also work...it's very powerful and sensual...both things I associate with tattoos.

Where on your body are you getting a tattoo? I got my first tattoo a few months ago, on my outer left leg, just above my ankle, and it didn't hurt at all, but it tickled like CRAZY...kind of an intense tickle...hard to describe...but it was an intense experience..and the endorphine high was great. *giggle*

Hey, my name is Kat too! :P Yay for tattooed Kats!

Hmmm...I would go with Lionheart, or, if you don't have that, The Lion (: Those are both strong, protective, brave scents. (: Blood Countess might also work...it's very powerful and sensual...both things I associate with tattoos.

Where on your body are you getting a tattoo? I got my first tattoo a few months ago, on my outer left leg, just above my ankle, and it didn't hurt at all, but it tickled like CRAZY...kind of an intense tickle...hard to describe...but it was an intense experience..and the endorphine high was great. *giggle*

Hey Kat! :P

The Lion sounds excellent. :D It's one of my 'sexy' scents.

I'm getting my tattoo almost dead center of my back (eep!), and the pattern is a triquetra. *grin* I'm hoping it's not too painful.

Center of your back, eh? It should rock! You should post a pic of it in the Tattoos thread afterwards. (:

Don't forget to eat a decent meal before your tattoo appointment..having an empty stomach is a bad thing. Also, bring a couple of tootsie pops or suckers or lifesavers to suck on while you are getting tattooed (if you eat candy that is)...it will help keep you from feeling passy-outy. Getting tattooed over your ribs might be painful (I've heard that is one of the more painful spots to get tattooed) but just remember to breath through it, and I'm sure you'll be fine! And I bet you, about five minutes after you're finished, you'll be craving your next tat.

Are you going alone or bringing a friend?

I'll certainly post a pic (when I can beg/borrow/steal a friend's camera).

And thanks for the tips. I already knew about the eating before, but sugar during is a good idea. Passing out would not be of the good.

I'm going by myself, unfortunately. I've only been in the city for a month and a half, and I don't have anyone to bring along. (I'd ask one of my roommates, but they're both working full weekends. Bah)

yeah lionheart or the lion, maybe wolf's heart?

i have one dead center on my back and it wasn't painful at all.

good luck

The Lion definitely fits, or maybe Fenris Wolf.

My experience with tattoos (I have six) is that it usually only hurts much at the beginning; then the endorphins kick in and for most of the rest of the session the feeling is more annoying than genuinely painful. But it depends on what's being done and where on your body. Outlining hurts more than filling in, and on thin skin or close to bone hurts more than on fleshier parts. Also, most people tend to run out of endorphins after around two hours or so, so if you're getting a large piece done, you might want to break it into two-hour chunks.

Sign in to follow this