Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
StormtrooperPrincess

Bravery, Courage, Confidence, Intimidation, Power

I always feel like a badass when I wear The Black Rider.

"Black leather, oppoponax, tobacco, and black amber."

I also really like the LE from a couple Yules ago But Men Loved Darkness Rather Than Light for business situations.

"cistus labdanum, ginger, East Indian patchouli, pimento berry, oakmoss, saffron, smoky vanilla, sage, myrrh, and bitter clove."

Edited by Altaira

Manhattan and Transeo give off understated but potent power and wealth, of the "old money" type. But even though they're aloof and distant, they're approachable, and definitely not aggressive. They're a bit more "conventional" in the work/business appropriate sense.

I also think of Brian's Blue Moon 2009 and Schwarzer Mond (also by Brian). Blue Moon is cold, while Schwarzer Mond is very dark, and both are aloof, a little masculine (but definitely wearable by females), and have immense presence. They're the blends that speak "power" the loudest to me, so these may fit your bill.

Tombeur may work too. It may be too sensual for your purposes, but I think it perfectly represents feminine aggression and dominance!

ETA: I just remembered Voodoo. It also reeks of power!

Edited by Vega

My personal "careful, I am not to be messed with" scents are Vechernyaya ("three white musks with poppy and patchouli") and Anne Bonny ("Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood and frankincense"). The former gives off a very icy vibe on me (I like to describe Vech as my "soap opera villainess scent"), while the latter smells, well, like a female pirate. :D They're both GC, as well, so they're easy to get.

Currently, Wrath is my back the fuck off scent. "A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon." (though I just got an imp of Anne Bonny and that might work as such as well!)

I will say, regarding Czernobog.......vetiver seems to have a somewhat, ahem, arousing effect. So, depending. It might be a little less "I'll cut you" and a little more "come frolic in the dark pine forest". Just sayin'.

I will say, regarding Czernobog.......vetiver seems to have a somewhat, ahem, arousing effect. So, depending. It might be a little less "I'll cut you" and a little more "come frolic in the dark pine forest". Just sayin'.

Come over here and say that. ;)

Hygeia (Salon LE 2011) smacks of feminine empowerment. It has a big presence, but feels aloof and proud and distant, instead of maidenly or sensual. I'd associate it with priestess or goddess. After all, Hygeia is a Greek goddess.

Bumping this thread because it's missing about 6 years of BPAL. I checked it this morning in a panic when I realized how behind I was in getting ready for an important meeting at my son's school, and I wanted that extra dose of confidence -- not sexual but strong, competent, protective maternal advocate. I saw High John the Conqueror listed here several times and wore that, but it was the wrong choice for me. The meeting went very well -- the school bent on the "we can't offer those accommodations" email they had sent earlier -- but I was wearing an unfamiliar floral, when what I needed was something that felt like a second skin only better.

In retrospect, I should have worn Bast or Mithras - I just didn't think of it, my head went totally blank when I had 2 minutes to choose a scent this morning. Both channeling ancient powers, both scents I feel 100% comfortable in. GCs, The Lion, Bastet, Van Van and Veritas would have done me proud. Black Rider, Black Tower. I thought of Bard or Paladin, too. I know I've written several reviews where I say a scent gives me confidence, but for some reason that's not the sort of thing I put in my scent notes. But when I'm in this situation in the future, I need to wear something I've worn often, that feels right to me.

I've worn Wrath (which I love) for a work meeting where I felt I was in danger of getting fucked over, and it worked splendidly, but righteous anger wasn't the vibe I needed for the school. What are your strong, confident, competent scents?

Paladin is definitely my go-to for when i need to feel a boost of courage. It has a real "pure, righteous hero/ine that always saves the day" feel to me, plus you're wearing something called Paladin. If it's a more competent "I've-got-everything-under-control" sort of confidence I'm after, I like The Sun's Treasure. It just smells successful!

I like cold florals for this sort of thing - I guess I'm going for an Ice Maiden vibe?

Both Rose Red & Lady Death: Savage make me feel cool & competent. I like Ruined Roses, too, but it's not as intense. If I'm just going for comfort, I would probably reach for Dorian or Paper Phoenix - there's something about the combo of musks, tea & vanilla that I really enjoy.

Currently, Wrath is my back the fuck off scent. "A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon."

This is totally my experience with Wrath, too. It lasts wonderfully, which means you don't need to worry about losing steam, and the raw power I feel when I put it on is amazing.

Sort of surprised that no one has mentioned Queen for this purpose, seems custom made for enhancing female power...I definitely feel a girl boss vibe wearing it.

ETA looks like Queen was mentioned. I'm also going to suggest Queen of the Nile, it's a TAL oil

Edited by sprout

Anathema lasts all day on me, so I know I can rely on it. Wrath and The Great Sword of War are great mind-steelers, even if it's all in the name. I recently wore Very, Very Dreadfully Nervous hair gloss with Manhattan perfume when I felt underprepared for a social night out on the town. Bluebonnet and Flor de Maga are inoffensive but bolstering, for quiet courage.

Sign in to follow this