Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Macha

Blood Moon 2005

... The feral scent of the heat of the chase, deep woods, undulating musks, brushed by forest herbs, crushed grains, and touched by blood-dimmed lunar oils.

cinnamon and red musk. reminds me a little of bengal but not as sweet. after much deliberation i am still not sure if i like this or not!

I acquired this blend in a swap with a lovely Forumite.

In the vial: OMSquee. Red Sandalwood, red musk, cinnamon, and perhaps Dragon's Blood? Deliciously spicy and resinous.

Wet: :D I am sensitive to *something* in this blend because I have a welt on my arm less than five minutes after applying the oil. :P

In the imp: Almost pure cassia.

Wet: Almost pure cassia, with a hint of tonka.

Drydown: Oh, yeah, and there might be a little red musk in here, too. I do get a "blood" note like the one in The Bloody Sword and The Cracked Bell, but it's minor compared to all the Cinnamon Red-Hots action. After about 300 years, this strongly, strongly resembles one of the Snakes, with a bit of the smoky whiff I get from Bloodlust or even Blood Amber.

I may swap this, or I may let it age -- but f'realz, if I wanted to smell like cinnamon potpourri, I would not be seeking a BPAL. Me and my weird skin chemistry!

In vial: OY!! Cinnamon imps all the way! Yummy.

Wet: Still very much cinnamon, but more like a cinnamon stick left in hot water or tea... then I get cinnamon roasted almonds.. (slightly woodsy too??)

Dry down is really very nice and spicy. It's a keeper.

Imp: Primal musks and dry grass.

Wet: Very musky, a touch of cinnamon spice. For a scent named after something so sticky and moist, this is an exceptionally dry scent.

Dry: It's more the scent of the hunt before the blood is spilled. Pheremones and spicy musks at the edge of a forest in the chill of an autumn dusk. I feel like sinking my teeth into somethingone. It's very sexy if you're a fan of musks. I haven't decided if it's my type of musk, but indecision usually results in a second test that sends me reeling in either direction.

Cinnamon! You smell so good, and hurt me so much! Something like dragon's blood is backing this up but it's mostly cinnamon. Not what I expected at all, but interesting.

This is defiantely a musky cinnamon scent at first. It's almost creamy. But it still has that Lunar spark hiding in the background. I can detect absolutely no wood in this at all which I find very strange. I like it but it's nowhere near as nice as the other Lunacy blends I've smelled. Maybe because I'm not a great fan of Cinnamon.

The cinnamon does calm down a bit after a little while and it does leave behind a subtle blend of woodsy lunar oils...finally! I thought I was going crazy!

In bottle; Wow! Not what I was expecting at all. Strong and sweet with the musk oddly twisted by the other notes into something that reminds me strongly of both cat piss and some very musky women's cologne popular in the '70's. It's very spicey, in a Christmas cookie way. I'm guessing that's the herbs. Wet: All cookie and no cat piss and cologne. Much less sweet, though the musk is present. It is reminding me a little of snake oil, and I'm liking it better. Dry: The musk slowly pushes back the herbiness. There is still something wild to it, but it gets calmer, more ordinary. Fades super fast. Darn. I wanted to love this one, I really did.

i acquired a beautifully aged bottle of this not long ago, but i was saving a dark chilly night for trying it out...

in the bottle: gorgeous spicy notes, though not necessarily cinnamon, combine with something more sexy- dragon's blood, perhaps?

wet on skin: the cinnamon starts to show itself, but not in an over powering x-mas potpourri kinf of way, more of a subtle spicy way. it's really, really good.

dry down: all spicy and a hint of dragon's blood. as usual, something extremely complex.

over all: one to wear on those long winter nights in the passionate arms of your loved one!

:P

In the bottle this is all spice. Maybe cinnamon or cassia. I was careful putting it on the first time as those two oils tend to turn me red and itchy sometimes. Once I saw that it wasn't going to irritate my skin I put on a bit more. On my kin that spiciness stays dominant for the first few minutes, but then the musk starts to come out along with a hint of vanilla. I'd swear there was snake oil in here. It smells so much like it. Just darker.

Dry this reminds me of a spicier Snake Charmer. Snake Charmer seduces while this just takes control and has it's way with you. This is such an intriguing scent. I'm really enjoying it. Especially once it's dry. It's soft and spicy but still "strong" and in control.

This is awesome. Definitely one of my favorite Lunacies. :P

I admire VioletChaos's restraint. I received a huge swap today and this was the first one I opened.

Bottle: Cinnamon and dry wood. This smells like a woody/dry Phantom Calliope. This is a very good thing.

Wet: The cinnamon goes clove on my skin. Then it starts screaming "I AM CLOVE! YOU SMELL LIKE CLOVES! THERE ARE CLOVES PRESENT!" I like cloves, though. Then the woods scent comes out more and the cloves apparently like the company because they settle down.

Dry: A clean, spicy cinnamon with wood and sweetness underneath. I think that there be dragon's blood here because I'm getting that delicious spicy cherry of DB. This is gorgeous, a really sophisticated and take-charge Phantom Calliope.

Throw: Pretty good. I ran into a friend after putting it on and he sniffed my neck when we hugged. It's the small things that count.

Overall: In a word? Yay! I was expecting this to be a lot drier and more herb/musk. This is really sensuous and feminine and I love the way it interacts with my body chemistry. This is a winner.

Edited by paperrose

Musky cinnamon, tempered by resins and those lovely lunar oils. This is such a sultry scent, and while it doesn't have a lot of throw on me, it's an excellent skin-scent.

In the bottle: Kind of pungent, almost like a mix of feral musk and mead. I can smell a hint of spice.

on my skin- the musk is so sensual and it hugs my skin and embraces my natural scent like a lover, locking lips and entangling limbs, locked in the throes of passion- it's a match made in the lighter end of Tuat! The spice is dark and deep with notes of musk that is feral but in a way that beckons with a lusty finger that tugs on your inner animal and you cannot deny it. It reminds me of that final romp in the dry grass just out of sight of a bonfire at night while the wolves howl, calling the onset of winter.

a definite keeper- and mine has been aged beautifully.

Oh man, this smells like cinnamon. It starts out as a spicy blend, and I do think there's dragon's blood because it smells very strongly of that to me. On the drydown, I get more of the cloves that others have. There's a touch of musk, which makes it slightly sweaty. Spicy, slightly sweaty, and somewhat, wild and feral.

I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon or DB but this one is a pretty scent.

This is a more Snake-Charmeresque love child of Alone and Mme. Moriarty on my skin. I swear: the sharp dash of Alone's clove-cinnamon, the sexy fullness of Mme. M, and yes... yes... peeking through and getting more obvious on the drydown.... Snake Charmer. I'd get the new one but I fear it just won't match up. Very nice for someone like me who finds Mme. M a bit overwhelming, Alone not quite 'rounded' enough, and loves the Snake.

There seems to be a hint of spice (cinnamon or cassia?) as this blossoms on my skin. A sweet musk and grain scent comes out and blends nicely with it, resulting in a sweet, musky dark blend. I also have a bottle of the 08 version and this is not quite so clean as that one. Overall, I quite enjoy it.

779370175_tnaqK-Ti.jpg

I’m not much for grain or nut scents, but this is one wonderful exception. There is definitely a feral element to this blend, and I love the raw power it evokes when I wear it. The musks, herbs, and lunar oils combine to make a really sensual, powerful perfume, one I do not wear lightly. I love the blood note, and do not get the cinnamon so many others have noticed...thank goodness, because both cinnamon and cassia tend to raise red welts on me so I avoid wearing it directly but instead use a scent locket alone -- which would not be good, since I wear Lunacies at night for sleeping purposes. I do love this dry, feral blend -- not only does it have the dragon's blood note I love, but it gets my own blood to racing. Rawr!

Edited by stellans

Sniffed: Orange oil. Sweet and spicy! Cinnamon, for sure...a little extra-fruity dragon's blood, definitely the slightly nutty grains (reminds me of Dana O'Shea), and some red musk, I think. Maybe some dark , rich wood like mahogany or teak in the distance?

Wet: Cinnamon, red musk, nutty grains - this is actually pretty darn FOODY, and reminds me also of Snake Oil/Snake Pit scents. I'm pretty sure there is some sweet black musk too, which on me is also almost foody at times. The dragon's blood is very light, giving only a tinge of soapy air freshener. Still not getting any herbs...

Dry: The cinnamon doesn't amp into red hots; it's balanced and well-behaved, but I still don't like it. This has actually faded alot even though I applied it liberally, and it reminds me of cheap potpourri now, with sort of sickly sweet black musk/nutty grain layer, and a hint of soap that makes my nose itch.

Summary: Sweet musk, nutty grains, light cinnamon. I do really think some teak, as well, though it never fully emerges, but teases throughout. The red settles a lot, behaving surprisingly well on my skin. Low throw and fades a lot.

Ehh.

One of the few moons I've tried that I haven't been able to equate to another blend. This one is unique on me. Spicy, cinnamon spicy, and definitely very "fall" smelling. The bottle I received is quite light, so I have to slather a lot on, but once on, it wafts around me at unexpected moments with a lovely cinnamon scent. I really enjoy this one :wub2:

Wet in bottle: Cherry, brownish musk, a hint of dragon's blood, a tiny bit of mint and lunar oils.

Wet on skin - Faintly cherry and a little bit herby sour. I want to see what the dry down becomes.

Dry on skin - Cinnamon, cherries, dragon's blood and a weird herby thinge that must be the lunar oils. I should have known that the lunar oils would go funky on me.

This is definitely a "me" scent through and through *flashes fangs* :vamp: Sometimes Beth doesn't list every single note in the description--there's no list of what comprises "the heat of the chase"--but just the essence of that idea in the blend is enough. Smack me if there isn't any cinnamon, though, because I definitely get overtones of cinnamon which happens to be one of my favorite notes. I'm definitely sure there's dragon's blood too, which turns into a deep spicy berry on me that I just adore. The feral heat of bloodlust is raging here, deepened by the darkness of the woods and musks and made undeniably fierce and sexy. A keeper for sure!

Source: Tested FelicityTwitchell's bottle.

Bottle: A tumble of incredibly well blended notes: cinnamon/cassia with faint herbal tinges and something else slinking in the background.

Upon testing: Warm, close to the skin, dragon's blood and cassia dance tantalizingly. It tingles a little on the drydown, which makes me think cassia. Blood Moon doesn't seem to have much throw, but this seems fitting for its soft musky warmth. It's not coy by any stretch of the imagination though. Blood Moon wants to do dirty things to you, you can just tell.

Overall: I bet this would be really fantastic layered with some aged Snake Oil. This incarnation of Blood Moon would probably vamp just about anything up, you included. :twisted:

bottle: clove, cinnamon, and ?

wet: cinnamon - like the powdered stuff, maybe a hint of vanilla

dry: musky cinnamon, very slight hint of clove, warm and sweet, my impression was it is way too cinnamony. If a sniff really really hard I can pick up a smoky wood scent in the back somewhere but its too faint to enjoy, (reminds my fiancé of Nag Champa?!?, second sniff a few minutes later he also said it got sweeter and it was too strong)

sometime later: smoky wood (cedar?) with a bit of sweetness, still a little cinnamon, on me this one just changes from one note dominating to another

Oddness of skin note: on the left arm it is softer and a little bit blended but still not very "me"

I went to bed and the DB came out to play with my sinuses, "we were not amused."

Edited by FelicityTwitchell

Got this as a frimp from a forumite:

In the imp - Whew! It's a slap in the face! It smells like a stronger version of those cinnamon-y, red-hot toothpicks.

Wet on skin - same as in imp

Dry on skin - it's gone! I guess my skin ate it. If I hold my wrist up to my nose and really inhale deeply and focus, I can smell what I assume is sandalwood. If I wave my hand in front of my face I can pick up the barest hint of... something like vanilla.

I like it, but it has absolutely no staying power on me.

I got this from Rawgirl (thank you!!!) because I read that this scent is very reminiscent of Red Phoenix, which I have come to enjoy.

In the bottle: I can smell the spiciness that I love in Red Phoenix, but it's missing something....hummm....cinnamon is very subtle in Blood Moon.

On the skin: The musks come out but so do the grains. Wow. The grains are very strong on my skin, not as spicy. I get some woodiness, but not as much as I'd like.

Dry Down: It fades away very quickly on my skin. I SLATHERED myself in it and reapplied when I couldn't smell myself any longer. I do like it. I just wish it would last longer. Musks don't last long on my skin and it does stay very close to the body. I just can't get over the grains. Wow.