Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clover

LaFlamme

LaFlamme

An enticing love blend, used to force your lover to think only of you. Possesses a bewitching, haunting scent. Use as a perfume and in spellwork.

I am told that this Twilight oil is to be used as a perfume, as well as as a magickal oil.

Sniffing from the bottle: Orange, but a really red orange. Maybe a hint of rose. Maybe a touch of clove. Perhaps a smidge of cinnamon.

Upon application: The orange sticks around, but is very soon overwhelmed by bold, sweet wonderful red musk. Hot damn! I loooove red musk.

After a few minutes: Womanly in the extreme. Red, red, red.

Conclusion: I've not tested this in public yet, but I can only imagine that with this much sexy musk floating around you, just about anything is possible.

Scent impressions:

I'm not sure what's in here...it's somewhat musky, a little sweet and vaguely fruity. There could be some orange in here, but I'm not sure. I mainly get the impression of sweetish swirling smoke and musky skin. I'd definitely consider this a sexy scent. :D

Effectiveness:

My first try with LaFlamme was accidental (I had opened my imp just to sniff it and got a tiny dab on my finger). Not ten minutes later, my husband came rushing into the house, grabbed me up into a bear hug and must have spent 10 minutes telling me how much he loved me.

I honestly wasn't expecting it because I didn't know I'd gotten any oil on my fingers until I rubbed my nose later and smelled it on them, but I got a very strong response from this. LaFlamme is without a doubt one of my favorite TAL oils and one of the most effective in my experience.

The verdict:

Love this. Love it. I plan on getting a bottle as soon as it goes up on the TAL site (or as soon as I can get a bottle from someone else, whichever comes first). :P

ETA: I've finally managed to get a bottle of this and I'm even more in love with it now...LaFlamme works in a big, big way. Let's just say life is very, very good, thanks to this little beauty. :D

Edited by Penance

TALLAFlamme.jpg

In the bottle

This is a dark orange red blend.

It smells like spices and some subtle orangey or grapefruity goodness.

On

This is warm, spiced and a touch citrus, not sweet at all It must have cinnamon because I always feel the cinnamon in my stomach after about 20 seconds and yes here comes the warmth in my stomach. Initially this smells like it has the same lovely spices as Snake Oil but it's not as sweet and not quite as rounded. Now the orange is starting to come out more.

30 minutes

I feel all warm inside as if I've just eaten a bowl of green chile stew on a chilly day. It hasn't changed at all. It gets even better smelling as it dries, while it's not what I would call a strong or "out there" smelling blend, it is an assertive little fella and it softens just a bit when dry.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Spicy/Citrus

Summary

This isn't as cinnamon hot as BPAL's "Hellfire" nor as sweet and orangey as "Inferno".

Le Flamme means business :P . I would think it would be wonderful to use as a fire/south element blend or for sexual and tantric magik as I can feel this pretty strongly hehe.

Purchase again?

Yes indeedy.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

this is almost all redmusk and a hint of cinnamon on me, it reminds me quite a bit of blood moon, and it is sexy and sweet. i want a bottle when tal goes live.

La Flamme is completely gorgeous. Please bare with me as this is my first review, I believe. :P

It's a heady scent upon application, it reminds me of a warm wet pomander ball, with clove and spices punctured into a ripe orange. On me it truly does feel both wet and warm, almost living on the skin. Quite aware of the scent but not due to extreme throw or being overpowered. Upon dry down I get whiffs of cinnamon and oddly enough puffs of brown sugar, La Flamme remains both sweet and spicy on my skin.

As for effectiveness; a lot more attentiveness than ever I was anticipating. :D

edited for spelling error.

Edited by Sleeping Dahlia

La Flamme

In the imp: spicy! It's that slightly savoury 'voodoo spice' mix, with a bit of cinnamon (I think) and musk. This oil so very, very dark.

On skin: when wet, there's a slight metallic feel to this scent, I also smell some cloves? It seems this oil is staining my skin! But when dry, I get a deep, rich musk. I think it's red musk, with a definite spicy feel to it. It's warm and fiery, deep and rich. This smells very hot indeed (is there a hint of chilli here? I still smell cloves, or maybe carnation) and slightly sweet, maybe a hint of something tangy and herbal-fruity? Yes-it's lemon, but of a herbal kind, either the balm or the grass. The combination of spicy lemongrass/balm with red musk is an unusual, but delightful combination. Over time, it sweetens nicely (is there vanilla here? maybe tonka or benzoin?) and the musk becomes more prominent. There may be a touch of patchouli here too? The scent is definitely akin to the likes of Snake Oil, Scherezade, Lust and Smut.

Verdict (scent): this scent does fit the name-a warm, sensual, red flame of a scent, sparkling and passionate. A unique blend of deep, sexy musk, with tangy lemon balm/grass and hot spices. This is a truly gorgeous scent and I'm glad this oil can be worn as perfume. As for it's purpose, I'm afraid I have no lover to test this stuff on yet, but from it's scent, it seems like it can definitely do the trick! (will update this if needs be.)

This is a very warm blend, which is to be expected from something called LaFlamme. The descriptions from other people of the scent are pretty right on. I get primarily rich spice and red musk, but there may be some orange zest in there. If there is, it takes the back seat.

I applied this as a perfume, but with a purpose, of course. I used it twice, once with both my partners, once with a single partner. I'm not comfortable with the word "force" in the description, so my purpose was more to focus my partners on me, not just because I wanted to be spoiled (and I was), but so they could overcome being nervous with one another. Well, there was definitely focus, and the scent made me feel pretty powerful and sexy. I will hold onto my imp and use it again. And again.

God, this smells like sex.

And I've gotten most of the regular BPAL oils that are supposed to smell like sex; almost all of them made me incredibly uncomfortable. Not that they smelled bad, per se - it was just that they had a raw, straightforward quality that seemed very not-compatible with my personality.

But LaFlamme is everything I wanted a sex-scent to be. It's warm and orangey and enticing, compelling, bright red. And that's just from a purely olfactory standpoint.

From a functional standpoint, this blend is amazing. I did a small ritual, anointing a candle and using the wax (it was a very, very drippy candle) to make a charm, which I also anointed. Needless to say, oil got everywhere and I was, in my opinion, very smelly indeed. No less than fifteen minutes after I finished wrapping my charm, I got a call from the boy in question, who decided that while he wasn't doing anything but watching TV, he could just as easily do that at my house, and would it be all right if he came over? I was surprised and impressed.

One thing I found odd was that even though he was very sweet and affectionate (which is what I was hoping for) when I apologized for how very strong I smelled (every time I turned my head I smelled LaFlamme, and I could taste it at the back of my throat) he didn't know what I was talking about. He couldn't smell anything, he said as he kissed me.

In any case, I think it smells dead sexy. :P And I'm almost tempted to track down another bottle, even though this one is still full into the neck, out of sheer paranoia that I might someday run out.

La Flamme has a really beautiful scent to it. Definitely dominated by warm red musk, hints of a watery and subtle sweet orange, and what smells like brown sugar to me. In the drydown I can smell a bit of spicy red rose, but I never get any cinnamon out of this blend (and my skin usually amps up cinnamon). It also goes a bit powdery on my skin, but not in a bad or baby powder-ish way. A sultry and warm sort of powder that envelopes me like a cloud.

After an hour, this smells like sweet orange and brown sugar on me, with hints of red musk wafting all about.

As for the effectiveness... I have a few specific ideas in mind about what I want to do with this oil, so I'll update this after a few weeks :P

ETA. Hrm. This is not as man-magnet-y as I was hoping. It's a warm scent, but it sometimes seems to go oddly off and metallic when I wear it as a personal fragrance. The boy I used to be interested in hated it, and the boy I'm with now isn't overly fond of it either.

Edited by Blood onmy hands

In Bottle: Sweet and spicy citrus

On Skin: I get clove right away and something warm and citrusy. It’s a sweet citrus so I’m thinking orange, especially since I get a red/orange feel from it. There is also a slight metalic edge to it, that is from the clove. As it develops on my skin, something musky and resinous starts to come forward. Beautiful! I love musk and musk loves me. Luckily, the clove starts to fade and so does the metallic edge. With the sweetness of the fruit it balances so well… this is quite a different sexy scent for me. While it’s a musk scent and musk scents are always sexy in my opinion, this one has a more serious feel. Not raunchy, not seductive, just “real”. It is very warm and I love it. I can’t wait to see if it’s intent works. Light throw and short to average wearlength.

I'm very glad I ordered LaFlamme. I had received a sample of it from another forumite, and was immediately drawn by its rich, mysterious, sexy scent. Now that I have a bottle and can slather myself in its orangey-red goodness, I'm getting the full effect, and I love it.

On me, LaFlamme is a deep, dark, rich, musky, resinous scent with a hint of spice. As it dries down, it becomes truly sublime and creates a powdery aura that sort of wafts all around me. And by powdery, I don't mean baby powder, but something far sexier. It's hard to pick out individual notes in this one, because they blend together so seamlessly.

As far as the effect it has on other people: I can't say if it's going to do anything for my husband, because he has no sense of smell at the moment. However, I'm wearing this at work, and everyone is being amazingly friendly and pleasant to me today. But LaFlamme smells so good, I'd wear it for the scent alone, regardless of its effect on others.

My mother and I have both been using this as perfume within the past few days. I told her about the bottle I received, and she immediately demanded that I let her sample it.

Needless to say, it worked wonderfully for both of us, except not exactly as I expected. I was expecting something that induced a more "lovey" sort of vibe, but no. This oil is very, very sexy.

I definitely reaped the benefits of this blend. A hundredfold. Hopefully that's not TMI. :D

I know it was definitely TMI for me when my mother confirmed the same result. Heh.

But yes. It works. :P

I thought I reviewed this once, but I guess not!

LaFlamme is very, very sexy. It's largely red musk on me, but with a warm, spicy brightness that really smells wonderful. I haven't had wild success with it in terms of function, but it definitely sets a mood - and I think I may need to focus my intent a bit more when I apply it. I often wear it as perfume without really focusing on the sexual aspect, but will update when I do!

Scent: This does smell mostly of red musk & citrus which does smell quite nice on me however when I put it on at first for a while it sort of goes to the back of my throat where it's so strong but when I asked other people they said it was fine. Even with the throat thing I think it smelt quite nice.

Effect: Well I put this on with intent of just trying to seduce someone nice (a stranger really) & was trying not to think of my ex that I still like but I couldn't really help it & he slipped into my thoughts. I then went out into my usual pub where my ex doesn't go anymore as he's working almost all the time. I was sitting with a few mates when who comes strolling up to me & sits by me? Yep. My ex. So I asked what he was doing there and he said he had a day off work. He was by himself so I said I'd have a chat with him. So we had a chat & stuff but he was really, really drunk. >.<

One of his friends came eventually & I apologised to his friend (about something that happened ages ago) but then my ex brought everything up again & started a bit of an arguement so I went to a club instead. I wasn't going to review it because even though he came to the same pub i was at, first on his own for ages & it was a bit weird he wasn't being exactly over-friendly by making an arguement.

Anyway the reason I did decide to review was a few days ago I listened to my voicemail box & had a message from my ex (left the next day after he saw me I just hadn't realised) & he was apologising saying he was horrible to me & asking if I could forgive him & maybe we could meet up some time. So I'm thinking maybe this does work.. hmm.. Anyway I think I'll try it again when I'm in a proper relationship with someone & see what kind of things this oil can do.

Scent: To me, this smells of citrus, red musk, and cinnamon. Maybe there's a touch of amber in there. Maybe. :D

Use: When I got this there wasn't a description out that I could find, but I assumed that it had something to do with love or lust. I didn't realize it would be quite so bewitching or wearable as perfume, but I definitely got some attention that night and a compliment on the scent. :P

First of all I have to say that La Flamme is wonderful for the smell alone. Immediately I was reminded of a cross between Vixen and Hellion. Mmmm! It's a very incensey and confident perfume. In my experience the throw was perfect. I only used a smidgen. A few hours after it dried it took on a sweet dry dusty scent like the way Perpetuum Bonum smells underneath the cherries. La Flamme is sultry! After a few hours, let's say four I could hardly smell it at all. This did not seem to mar the effectiveness however.

I dabbed LF on myself with intent, but didn't do any kind of ritual other than the regular getting dressed, fixing hair routine. It was a holiday but our only plans for the day were getting some groceries and running some errands. I'm setting the stage to make it clear that this was not a big night out or anything like that. I noticed the oil taking effect right away while I was getting ready. I didn't notice any effect while we were out, but when we came home the effect seemed to be still going strong.

That's as detailed as I'm willing to be about the matter. I will be buying a bottle sometime soon.

This is one of my favourite blends ever. I have been wearing it pretty continuously in a scent locket as a sort of perfume, sort of to focus intention.

It is definitely a red musk and citrus --- which is the Indi Dream Scent.

As for effectiveness --- can't say yet, but no news is good news, as things are now.

Edited by indicolite

In the Bottle

Warm, sweet and vaguely fruity, with blood orange and clove and cinamon and slight rose, I'm pretty sure.

On Me

It seems that I amp this like all hell, and it's utterly sexy. I can see why you'd use this as a perfume, too- it's intense and intoxicating. There's something rosey coming through, too, much more pronounced on me than in the bottle, but it's a soft, watery rose-- it's gorgeous and ethereal rather than old-lady. Then again, I amp rose like no one's business, so it might be that rather than that it's overtly rosey.

Does it work?

Hmmm... I think I was using it a bit too vaguely-- I wanted the dreams for me, and it's doubtful I'm going to find out if anyone's been having sex dreams about me. (I can live in hope, though!) I didn't get the dreams at all, though TMI ALERT-- I had some nice experiences while using it.

I think if I'm a bit more organised, it might just work, though I'd be using it with both a ritual and as a perfume, and at the moment, I don't have huge opportunities to test it out. That said: I'm curious and am not at all unconvinced by the concept. :P

Edited by LadyLuckDoubt

To me the scent of La Flamme amps cinnamon and rose with only a faint hint of citrus. It smells more spicy/floral than fruity. I also should note that my slightly-aged bottle stained my (very pale) skin dramatically, like Dragon's Blood, but even darker.

As far as effectiveness- I'd say it worked. My (non-monogamous) love has a bad habit of constantly rabbiting on about other women he's dating, which is annoying to say the least- I'm not jealous, but when he's with me I would prefer that he concentrate on me. He was definitely more focused on me than usual, so I'm quite pleased with La Flamme's effect.

I'm not sure if it works but it certainly has a devine warm sexy cinnamony smell. Does smell like flames of love. It works to make me feel confident and desired. I would wear it for the smell. As for getting someone to think of me often...I already have that, so I don't know for sure...but i certainly couldn't harm.

Edited: The man no longer has a staring problem with other women. We used to fight a lot about that, but not anymore. The man's passion has upped a notch or two.

Edited by MsSniffAlot

Origin: partial bottle bought from a fellow BPALer

Initial Thoughts: I hadn't planned to get this one originally since I didn't know its purpose, but someone else asked and when the seller answered, I was interested. I've used Sexual Energy with some success and thought I'd mix it up.

Scent

In the Bottle: Very spicy/musky/incensy with citrus overtones. It reminds me a bit of Mama-Ji with more depth and that shot of citrus.

Wet: Strongly lemony-orangey with a heavy cinnamony-spicy musk to it. We'll see whether I amp the musk. My wrist feels warmer as it starts drying, so I bet there is some cinnamon in there.

Drydown: The citrus calms down or (more likely) the musk is amping. They're balancing one another pretty well now. It's most definitely a sexy scent; I could see this as a perfume when the wearer is looking for some action.

Effect:

I'll come back and edit this with more detail, but my husband is currently on the other side of the room, trying to transcribe an interview for his podcast, and he keeps glancing my way...

Edited by puck_nc

On my review of the scent of La Flamme, I'm getting a deep orange scent on my skin along with red musk.

Haven't had a chance to try this out on my husband, but I look forward to it this weekend. ;)

I can smell something deep almost like orange and dark chocolate with a boozy smell, it's not a thick smell though, just deep. Reading other reviews I can pick out the rose now. It smells gorgeous and I can't wait to use it.

I will update with how it works when I have used it. I imagine that I will anoint myself and visualise how I want to be perceived.

For me, LaFlamme has this very heavy "perfumy" scent to it. Not my favourite in terms of smell as I tend to like lighter florals or citrus-y smells, but perfume isn't really the point of TAL oils...

I tried this out on a boy and wow. He has some problems with his libido due to some medication he's on, and this oil gets him going a little. Which, while I was hoping for a lot more, still says a lot about this oil - that it can get some rise from him. I plan to try this out further next weekend when we'll be attending an event with a lot of girls in attendance who are interested in him. The boy's high in demand and a bit of a charmer, so I'd be curious if the oil keeps his focus on me.

EDIT: Well, I wonder if I'm running into a "magically inoperable" situation now. LaFlamme used to work wonderfully to get the boy going, but now he's gotten a new full time job and is just exhausted all the time. He seems to still be cuddly and we make out a lot, but that's the extent of things before he tends to pass out.

Edited by maiea

Based on the scent alone.

LaFlamme to me was essentially red musk and a hint of oranges. It was definitely a very 'enticing' smelling and I can see why it was a sexy blend. It's very womanly, and the oil is an intense, deep red.

I don't think LaFlamme and me resonated all that well, just from a vibe perspective which is why it has gone off to someone that will use it and enjoy it more.