Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The fiery, volatile scent of cinnamon, thickened by myrrh, honeysuckle, and copal.

Chimera is absolutely breathtaking!

At first I thought it smelled like Dragon's Milk (- dragon's blood and + cinnamon). However, when I experimentally dabbed on some Dragon's Milk, there really was no comparison. Chimera is 1,000 better. It is so many wonderful smells rolled into one scent. Is has the same undertone of Snake Oil and a stronger version of O. Lightly dusted with a very light, pure cinnamon. I'm a little saddened that the cinnamon fades off in under an hour. I'll try layering it with Hamadryad in a bit to see what happens.

This is creamy, warm, snugly goodness, and not cloying at all. Definitely going on the big-bottle wishlist.

Chimera is delicious. I am really excited about this blend because I recognize the base from Dana O’Shee, and here it really works on my skin! (Dana O’Shee did not work for me and I felt like a BPAL heretic!)

In Chimera, that same almondy, milky, creaminess is layered with a healthy dose of cinnamon and the result is a cinnamon milkshake! :P

Chimera is amazing!

I was wary of it at first, as the person I got it from described it as making her smell like a cinnamon candle, which I didn't want.

In the bottle I got a very strong cinnamon smell, but also an undercurrent of something like vanilla. When I put it on, I think I put too much as most of the oils I've tried fade so quickly, I slather. This one didn't need that. I sniffed it and I smelled like a red hot (those tiny red baking candies) tastes - EXACTLY. But as soon as it dried and began to fade, I got the wonderful creamy vanilla scent, but with the added punch of spicy cinnamon. It's heavenly! It also lasted all day, and had a good throw, so I kept getting yummy whiffs from my wrists. It's now one of my top scents and I can't stop sniffing it. :P

Chimera

In the Vial: Vanilla with Cinnimon, straight up.

Wet: Sweet... So sweet, almost syrup like, it's vanilla-y and kinda almondy

Dry: It's still sweet, either almonds, or vanilla and cinnimon... I'm leaning more towards Vanilla. It's so freaking yummy!

Conclusion: One day I'd like a bottle of this. :P

Creamy, creamy, smooth, sweet cinnamon...how delicious! Chimera is so beautifully blended, each note melded perfectly. The cinnamon is the strongest but not overpowering at all. I'm guessing it's the sweet, resinous myrrh and copal adding that creaminess and a hint of incense, with the honeysuckle adding an extra specialness and sweetness of the soft honeyed floral kind. It's not overly foody, but sometimes I'm reminded of the creamiest of Chai Tea or buttercream. The combination is a little almondy as well (the man got marzipan from it). It also does remind me of the drydown of Snake Oil. Maybe the same vanilla, but Chimera has more cinnamon and is not as sweet or incensey. I prefer Snake Oil, but I do like this one! Snake Oil seems more mysterious; Chimera, more comforting. Doesn't flare up on my skin either, as cinnamons normally do - most pleasing, but I won't slather it on my more sensitive throat, just to be sure. :P This is one of my favourite cinnamon scents.

Chimera; This one is really sweet and kind of candyish. When first applied I get a lot of cinnamon. The drydown is kind of soapy and I think that the honeysuckle makes it that way. Nice but no bottle for me. :P

Edited by Reinaluna

I got nothing like the description. My Chimera imp smelled like... manna. Seriously, the stuff that fell from the sky in the Old Testament. They were honey cakes.

first impression: honeysuckle. gooey, syrupy honey.

wet: the cinnamom starts to come out, as does the myrrh.

dry down: loved the cinnamon, which is still there, as is the honey. the cinnamon is dusty, smoky, and the sweetness of the honeysuckle has blended nicely with the cinnamon. unfortunately, the myrrh STILL doesn't like me and ultimately winds up smelling like play dough. um. that would be a no.

I put this on this morning to test it out, and it's just not working for me. It seems to have a nutty scent, which I suspect is from the honeysuckle. I have a fairly high aversion to nut smells, as I have an asthmatic reaction to eating nuts.

I actually like honeysuckle, but I find it can be very overpowering. Shame.

I like cinnamon, and I've heard buzzed about these forums that Chimera is the scent to try if you're into cinnamon. Which I am.

Well, initially in the bottle and when wet on my skin, Chimera smells like a mix of cough syrup (ew!) and a wet fireball. Waaaay too syrupy-sweet in this initial stage. I find it rather gross, to be honest.

Even after waiting for about ten minutes for some sort of drydown, the syrupyness does calm down a bit, but yet doesn't go away. The cinnamon is too sweet in this one. Definitely one for someone else besides me. If you're fond of sweet, foody, sugary fragrances with a bit of a kick, maybe you'll like this one.

-doreen

I have to concur that this is a very sweet cinnamon. I smell it, lingering under the surface, but the honeysuckle in the blend definitely takes it to a syrupy place, and I'm a bit nervous about the copal as resins usually turn into soap on me. My fingers are crossed that this just remains sweetly spicy like it is now.

I got this as a freebie in my last order, and I love it! Rich, comforting cinnamon. Reminds me of cinnamon almonds. But the resinous myrrh, which becomes more noticeable over time, adds an interesting layer of depth keeps it from being a completely “foody” scent. The honeysuckle and copal add warmth and sweetness.

Wet it's cinnamon, myrrh and the soft copal's touch.

Sweet and eatable, I remember the cookies I used to have when I was a little girl.

Dry :P the myrrh goes a bit stronger and just a hint of honeysuckle comes out.

Foody, not floral. Quite nice.

MMM! :P This is pure spicy/sweet/woody cinnamon+vanilla bean sn on me! Cinnamon cookie dough! Yumscious :D

Cinnamon frosting. Goes fake cinnamon after a bit: may be sneeze-worthy for me. Sweet, sweet, though: like an ice cream or cinnamon milkshake. Warm, milky. Cinnabuns! Precisely that scent to me for awhile. Lovely drydown.

I think it's neat. The roommate, unfortunately, thinks it smells like potpourri, and it gives him a headache. :P

To me, Chimera is very similar to Snake Oil, but a lot subtler -- and the cinnamon lends it depth. It's warm, thick, heady, and definitely a larger bottle purchase for me.

How could I have ignored this gem for so long?

It is an absolutely stunning, creamy kind of floral Marzipan. Hardly any cinnamon detectable for me, just a deeper and less milky version of Dana O'Shee, with a wink to Snake oil and Morocco.

In the imp: CINNAMON and sugar.

On me: Sweet and spicy -with a feel similar to Three Witches (though not as potent).

It faded fast on my skin (stress maybe?), but stayed true to its initial form. I can see myself wearing this quite a bit once falls rolls around; I think a bottle will be in order soon :P

I am very new but of the 6 new Imps I just got and the 6 or so I tried of my friends I have to say I think I am in LOVE!!!

This smells very sweet and honeyed with a little cinnamon in the imp.

On me the first scent is CINNAMON!! Note I Love cinnamon in any form so that made me happy. But as it dries it mellows to a sweeter almond, milky flavor, that smells edible. In time a smidge of the honeysuckle comes out but mostly it stays really even on my skin.

My very favorite part was when I woke up this morning after a small test yesterday I could still smell it all yummy!! This is I think one of my top 3 BPAL's right now!!

Edited by blood*rose*flowers

chimera.jpg

This is a very pleasent cinnamon scent which also reminds me of carnations. Dries down and keeps the cinnamon, a feat in itself. I detect a bit of "bubblegum" in the background when I first put it on, and maybe a bit of new mown hay. When it's dry, there is a very good vanilla that stays and stays.

Even though this blend didn't shout,"Buy a 10ml of me now, you fool!", it's a dandy scent and well worth getting to know better. Chimera could be one of the "backbone of my scent wardrobe". Long lasting.

Oh dear - I am a fan of sweet scents but Chimera proved to have a much stronger kick than I anticipated. A word of caution: use sparingly!

In the bottle: Vanilla and cinnamon. Sweet, heady, dripping with sugar.

Wet-Set: Exactly the same as in the bottle. For the life of me I can't pick off the notes - so to confirm my cinnamon suspicion I went to check the description. Well... it looks like I've been decieved. Hello copal? Is that you?

Dry-down: Talk about a build-up, as it wears it only gets stronger and sweeter almost to the point where I need to water myself down.

Overall, a lovely, sweet scent. I'll be keeping the imp around with a little note attatched that says: "one drop only". Otherwise it's over-powering.

Out of the vial, it has a sweet floral scent that must be the honeysuckle. It thickens to be more incense-esque. (Maybe the myrrh?) The sweetness becomes richer and spicier. Then the cinnamon begins to come out. Pow! It comes out intense, and then settles down. The blend is sweet, tingly and rich like velvet. This is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled from the Lab. I definitely need a bottle of this.

Cinnamon frosting -- pure & simple, start to finish, cinnamon frosting. I can't pick out any specific notes like honeysuckle or copal here, but it smells great anyway!

Upon first sniff out of the imp, this smelled exactly like bubble gum to me. Sweet and pink, like the kind that used to come in baseball card packs. After putting it on my skin, the bubble gum was still there but there was suddenly *cinnamon*.

As it dried, it morphed from cinnamon Trident gum to a rich, honeyed cinnamon vanilla scent. This is sweet, balmy, sexy. On my skin, this smells exactly like O, but with the yummy layer of warm cinnamon. MMMM...