Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ms. MSGirl

layering with Angel?

I guess everyone's nose is different because to me they're almost identical. :P

But, then, that's the wonder of being unique...life would be boring if things smelled exactly the same to everyone. :D

I received Xiuhtecuhtli in a swap (It's my new signature scent)

I wore Angel for years and I think Xiuhtecuhtli smells ALOT like Angel. Not in the vial though (at least for me) Once I have it on for about 2 minutes it REALLY starts to smell like Angel, but much lighter if that makes any sense. It's kind of like Diet Angel :P

Boy am I glad I did this search.

I love Angel in an almost obsessive way, and go on kicks where everything has to smell like it (closet, pillows,car, me...even the dog's grooming spray).

It's just a touch pricey for that sort of thing.

Xiuhtecuhtli will be in my next order :P

Funny...I was going to revive this thread today, but I see it's already been bumped!

Today I'm wearing Bastet over Skindazzles' Angel dupe body frosting. They go very well together since they both have a foody-sweet element. The patchouli in Angel and the honey-ish scent of the musk/amber in Bastet are a lovely combination.

And, as everyone else has said....for some strange reason (because they don't really have any common ingredients that I can tell) Angel smells like a less-complex and less-lovely version of Xiuhtecuhtli (on the skin, not in the bottle). :P

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic with an ever-so-slightly off-topic question, but is anyone able to suggest a BPAL blend that's similar to A*men (the male version of Angel)? I've been trying to convert my bloke to BPAL but he refuses to be weaned off that particular scent...

Sorry for resurrecting an old topic with an ever-so-slightly off-topic question, but is anyone able to suggest a BPAL blend that's similar to A*men (the male version of Angel)? I've been trying to convert my bloke to BPAL but he refuses to be weaned off that particular scent...

Have you considered Misk U? Most of what I get from A*Men is the coffee and wood combination, which is very similar to Misk U for me.

Another Xiuhtecuhtli / Angel comparison here.

I've sprayed Angel on me in department stores before and really don't like how it develops on my skin. I did try an Angel dupe wax tart in my oil burner a few months ago, and that's a dead match for Xiuhtecuhtli and is also how Angel dries down if I spray it on card rather than on my skin. Interestingly, I think Villainess' Pangea is a close relation to the same smell.

Which is particularly interesting given the different descriptions:

Thierry Mugler Angel -

Its fragrant nature explores essences of honey, chocolate, and caramel and is blended with notes of vanilla, patchouli, and sandalwood

Xiuhtecuhtli -

Copal, plumeria and sweet orange and the smoke of South American incense and crushed jungle blooms.

Villainess Pangea -

Exotic sandalwood, neroli, vetiver and amber are all grounded by domestic patchouli and musk. Bright citrus notes of lemon and grapefruit find sweet ends in vanilla and chocolate.

I find that Xiuhtecuhtli smells like Angel, but is a bit mellower. Which is FINE by me, because Angel tends to have an overwhelming throw when I wear it, and Mugler is fixated on the idea that a cloud of fragrance is glamorous, so all his bottles dispense huge quantities. I end up having to take the spray top off to get just a little bit.

As far as layering goes, try Le Serpent Qui Danse with Angel or Xiuhtecuhtli. :> I would also try White Musk, Danube, or any of the lighter floral fragrances.

Sign in to follow this