Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Lucy's Kiss

Created to represent the essence of Bram Stoker’s tragic heroine, Lucy Westenra. Seductive, wanton and deadly, but underscored with a soft, wistful innocense. The gentle scent of rose and a blend of Victorian spices.

unfortunately, this is that particular rose note that induces migraines for me.
ugh.

In the imp I could smell a light rose, some greenery and something slightly fruity. On my skin this turned into a

very fresh rose fragrance as it kept some of that green to it. The fruitiness vanished quickly. This smells nice and would be

a nice rose fragrance for girls and young women since it doesn't have that old lady perfume thing going on. I won't be

keeping this though because it's just not my cup of tea. It also doesn't last very long on me. I'd say 2 hours max.

Rose, with something powdery in here that keeps its from smelling green. It isn't a bad smell, but I like roses that are green and fresh, and this one's stale from being in the keepsake trunk for too long.

Waaaaah, why does my skin hate that "spices" note? :( The rose here is gorgeous, and I was hoping the spice would make this blend a sophisticated one, but what I really smell like is my local Indian restaurant: They have fresh roses on the table and curry lingering at all times in the background. Okay for eating but I don't want to smell that way!

When I opened up the imp I felt a little bit of trepidation. Rose! It rarely goes well on me. Still, I dabbed some on, as I just recently tried some enchanting florals. Freshly applied, though, the rose is quite demure and well behaved. Just a fresh cut, old fashioned rose. It does smell rather wistful... the petals smell delicate, there's just a tiny hint of green thorns, and a slightly powdery, dusty finish. The spices come through as dusty, too. It stays old-fashioned and Victorian smelling for a little bit, and if nothing else I have another instance of rose being rosy instead of deathly on me, but after thirty minutes or so the thing starts to go sour and unfortunate. Oh, well! This is a straightforward rose perfume, so if you like roses, go for it.

rose. gorgeous, sweet rose. heady and beautiful, lush, clean rose. &as a girl who cannot get enough rose? i am in heaven. :wub2:

the spices come out after a little while; they seem to be very subtle on me, but they are making this pure rose a small bit more interesting and exotic. either way, it's just beautiful, &i love it.

I was nervous about this one, since I've never been a rose fan, but the description and character drew me in.

Sadly, this one's not for me.

In the imp, I get pale rose, sharp spice and something almost sweet underneath. Very good start. :D

Wet: Sweet, sad roses, no spice and a dust on my skin.

Dry: Soap. Just old lady soap.

Verdict: I may try this one again, let it age a bit or since I've only had it dry about half an hour, see if it changes at all on my body. Still, glad I did try it out, now I know how my body likes a rose scent. Though anyone who does well with rose and wants something soft and delicate will love this.

The same rose from Somnus. Therefore, I feel a little drifty and sleepy....

: -)

A medicinal rose scent. To me, anyhow - scent association!

This was a freebie imp, which I've been putting off trying for a long time because I was sure it would be nothing but ROSE. And I was absolutely right; it's maybe not quite as obnoxiously ROSE as London, but it doesn't lack much. :ack: Have I mentioned how much I hate rose? Wore it for an hour, washed it off, swap pile ahoy.

In the imp: Rose and carnation?

Wet: Rose and something heady and musky. since the imp decided to "pop" as I closed it, I now have this ALL over my arm. Half an imp's worth.

Dry: I am definitely getting the Victorian. This is rose, but not straightforward, it has a spicy edge to it, with a hint of green.

A while later: Slightly spicy rose. A touch of dust. Very nice and very Victorian.

Imp: A lovely, warm rose. Not at all soapy. Not at all green. Surprisingly simple.

Wet: Wet it flairs momentarily brighter. I almost begin to catch specific spices but it quickly retreats to a more demure skin and roses scent.

Dry: Warm skin and the memory of roses as though I spent a warm afternoon in a rose garden. It rounds out a bit fruity but I'm guessing that is rosehips. The spice may be a touch of sandalwood.

In the Imp: Rose. Nice, like it was a deep red rose.

Wet: Still getting mostly rose, but with something musky- not quite skin musk, but not much more intense either. Pretty

Dry: It's kind of like I layered Ophelia and Whip but minus the leather, and instead we have a musk. Pretty and warm, but I think I'll stick with Whip for my rose needs. ;)

In imp: light, brisk rose scent

Wet: rose in background, amping spices

Drydown: the rose is very soft. The spices tend to dominate this one. It gives it a kick, but not one that I particularly am looking for.

Later: Now the rose comes out again. This is not an innocent kiss, but one with some passion behind it.

Still, it’s not working for me. Too spicy. It was a lovely dance, but it’s off to the swap pile with you, my girl.

This is a nice rose scent that smells like expensive soap or face cream. It's not particularly unusual, but would definitely be a good summer, hot weather scent.

Reminds me of this rose scented powdered milk bath my grandmother poured in my baths when I was younger. Pure rose, clean and fresh.

Lucy's Kiss, in the imp, sort of reminded me of Bess, but without the brightness that I love so much. I thought I smelled citrus, but now that it's on my skin there's nothing like that in the mix. It's rose and... something else? It's hard to tell WHAT else, exactly, because the (dark red) rose becomes so strong so quickly, but there's a really dusty smell behind it. I don't mean that in the usual tasty patchouli way, I mean it in an acrid way.

As it dries, the scent left behind reminds me of the smell of chemicals that surrounded me when I got my hair permed as a teenager. Most unpleasant. There is something in this blend that just does not work on me at all, and I'm less interested in figuring out what it is than I am in washing it off.

I love roses and spices, so was really looking forward to this.

Lucy's Kiss does not thrill me - in fact, what the hell is going on? It smells like funeral home flowers.

The good part is that it only lasted about an hour.

I like rose, but on me thats all I got. A kind of weak rose, really, no spice at all. It was very faint and faded very quickly to nothing :( It was pretty, but faint, and there are so many other bpal blends that do much more interesting things with roses (at least on my skin). Off to the swap box.

Bit of a sugary rose with slight spice. Still a bit strong on the rose for me to enjoy. I was hoping the adjective "gentle" would be more accurate. then again, it's rose! What was I expecting? Silly me. ;) Up to the swaps it goes!

To me this is mainly a delicious sugary musk. The rose is there, but while others have said it's an in-your-face true rose, I found exactly the opposite. For me it was kind of a tricksy rose, one moment barely detectable, at other times bursting out from behind the warm, musky spice with an exuberant "Fooled you! Here I am!"

Sometimes this, sometimes that, but always very feminine. This is one of my new favourites.

Gift imp from SophieCedar.

On wet: A very straightforward light rose. Sweet and light.

Drydown: similar to above, with perhaps a hint of spice. Unfortunately, this does what rose often does on me, and dies down a lot after an hour. I can barely catch it on my wrist.

ETA: I tried this on my mother, who had the same bloom-then fade of rose. But her response to the spices part? Was to remember when she was a little girl and she got to go to the penny candy shop. It smells like the inside of that store to her, and it brought back wonderful memories. I gave my sample to her.

Edited by mari4212

There's something about the rose that my skin amps into ridiculous levels. I'm at the point that I just avoid any oils that have that note in them, which makes me a sad panda. I still have an aged bottle of Lucy's Kiss in the hopes that maybe time will beat the rose into submission. If not, I'm going to have to add it to the selling block. I love it in the bottle though!

This is simple, light rose. i don't really get spicy from this, although this reminds me of Maiden except sharper in some way, carnation maybe.... Kind of a musky stale rose, white or pink. Love love love scents but this is not my favorite.