Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ishtar

BPAL Patchouli - there's nothing else like it

That is actually my exact experience as well. I much prefer Red. ;)

Just as an aside, I actually thought #occupy was Black, because it is extremely gnarly on me and not like BB at all.

I highly recommend Tricksy as a rich, delicious Patch blend. :yum:

OctoberGwen you love your Tricksy! I almost bought it too, but then decided to give Silkybat HG a try instead. ;)

I was leaning towards Red and all your opinions definately helped me see the differences in the two. Thanks! :wub2:

Sadly for me, Tricksy is boy juice. Going to give it to Mommy's Little Angel (don't worry he's 22) for Xmas.

Howitzer, Und Wir Dachten der Totem is so very patchouli awesome. Not the dirty variety, or the old timey, more reddish to me.

My love of patch has become a really habit... XD

Very excited for all the CG blends that I'm ordering in my next batch.

I've been reading through this thread and found some great suggestions! The Grave Pig?! How have I never tried this?!!

I really enjoy blends that have East African Black Patchouli, and patchoulis of the darker variety. I just received a bottle of Silky Bat and I was so let down. I was hoping this would be a patchouli lovers dream, but I could only detect it mostly straight out of the bottle. It seemed really light, perfumey, and clean-ish patchouli. It left more traces of musk that earthiness on my skin, too. It's not the dirty kind I like! I think Goblin blows this one out of the water, but that's just me. If you like the patchouli+sweet (which I do).

I figure its time to take a look into more GC scents I'm probably missing out on because LE doesn't necessarily mean better. There are some real gems in the GC just waiting to be discovered. Looking forward to updating my wishlist and browsing more of your recs!

I've been reading through this thread and found some great suggestions! The Grave Pig?! How have I never tried this?!!

I really enjoy blends that have East African Black Patchouli, and patchoulis of the darker variety. I just received a bottle of Silky Bat and I was so let down. I was hoping this would be a patchouli lovers dream, but I could only detect it mostly straight out of the bottle. It seemed really light, perfumey, and clean-ish patchouli. It left more traces of musk that earthiness on my skin, too. It's not the dirty kind I like! I think Goblin blows this one out of the water, but that's just me. If you like the patchouli+sweet (which I do).

I figure its time to take a look into more GC scents I'm probably missing out on because LE doesn't necessarily mean better. There are some real gems in the GC just waiting to be discovered. Looking forward to updating my wishlist and browsing more of your recs!

Have you tried Ask the Nearest Hippie. That would have to be one of my top patchouli recommendations.

Have you tried Ask the Nearest Hippie. That would have to be one of my top patchouli recommendations.

I haven't but I so want to. It looks so good!

I lurvessss that Silky Bat perfume and am on a quest for another bottle (or 2 or 3 etc..)!!! You should try Occupywallstreet if you haven't already- as I find that to be a heavier patch-not as sweet as Silky Bat or Banshee beat

I lurvessss that Silky Bat perfume and am on a quest for another bottle (or 2 or 3 etc..)!!! You should try Occupywallstreet if you haven't already- as I find that to be a heavier patch-not as sweet as Silky Bat or Banshee beat

Added to my wishlist. Wow do the notes look amazing. Thanks!!!

When I tried Silky Bat hair gloss, I had to look up the notes - I remember thinking to myself, "I thought this had patchouli in it, why does it smell like lemons?" Then I looked up the notes and was thoroughly confused. Sugary musk (like skin musk or some dark musk, where it does that thing that makes it smell clean and lemony) I didn't get any patch out of it at all.

My favourite patchouli is Banshee Beat, which I wish wasn't the case!

I also love the simple combination of patch and apricot in Depraved (my GC patch favourite) Sin is a close runner up with that lovely patch/cinnamon combo, sweetened with amber.

The Patchouli and rose combo of Beauty, The Aggrieved is amazing also.

And then I have this whole section of Patchouli+Currant-or-Plum in my collection - I just adore that combo! (Shadow in The Elevator, Black Moths, Mme. Moriarty, Satan Starting from the Touch of Ithuriel's Spear, Criminal Glamour)

I love the patchouli and honeysuckle combo of Badgers. And I adore the patchouli that's in Haute Macabre and So Below.

So many great patchoulis!!!

Beth's Patchouli changed my mind about patchouli in general. I was not the biggest fan when I was a teen because so many of my friends wore cheap, shitty patchouli oil. But now I luuuurv patchouli and it's my comfort note when I am feeling physically ill (hungover as well).

My patchouli blend collection:

Ask the Nearest Hippie

Black Moths

Crypt Queen

Imaginer

Dionysia

Feed Me and Fill Me with Pleasure

Goblin

Impressions of the Floating World

The Ilustrated Woman

Mme. Moriarty

The Night Raven

Nasty Woman

Omen

The Phoenix Having Burst Her Shell

Snake Oil

Sin

Third Charm

Voodoo

Edited by Duskinhereyes

I keep convincing myself I don't need to try and get hold of Silkybat but then I read something else and start wondering if I should after all. The hair gloss is my favourite scent but it's so expensive with shipping.

I chucked Owl Moon in my cart when I ordered the Three Ravens incenses and at first I thought I'd made a terrible mistake, but wearing it the last few days, I'm really growing to love it. Definitely need something sweet going on in a patchouli blend for me to get on board with it.

Well you are all full of great suggestions. I already have a bottle of Occupy Wallstreet on the way. Patchouli is everything I love about a scent. It's strong, earthy, sensual, grounding...

It's also my husband's favorite scent. We love East African Black Patchouli SN. To wear alone or tolayer. I'm always sneaking it from his bottle!

Edited by ziggystardust13

I loved The Inexorable Finger. Anyone have other Patch + Oude recommendations? Especially if a resin or two shows up to the party.

I loved The Inexorable Finger. Anyone have other Patch + Oude recommendations? Especially if a resin or two shows up to the party.

Fluerettes Purple Snails:The Dream

Ganymede (Moons of Jupiter)

Nasty Woman

Spider Witch

A Shadow in the Elevator

Depart pour Le Sabbat

Of the Unicorn

Phoenix and Dragon

The Imperfect Enjoyment

The Devil's Pet Baits (Sherlock Holmes, Blue Carbuncle)

Bath oil: Hidden Purpose

Edited by sprout

I LOVE that one ! It's a definite sleeper scent, just smooth and elegant ! One of the reviews on here said it was like the Unicorn had trod on bluebells in his race across a meadow. This is the scent that made me love patchouli !

In fact I need a back-up !

Edited by Teddy123

I LOVE that one ! It's a definite sleeper scent, just smooth and elegant ! One of the reviews on here said it was like the Unicorn had trod on bluebells in his race across a meadow. This is the scent that made me love patchouli !

In fact I need a back-up !

Love that description!