Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
aedes

Discussing the BPAL Champagne scent

You know, I was thinking about posting a "help me with my Yule choices" thread, but someone beat me to it! :P

Actually, I think I can narrow things down to... not all of them. Heh. But I'm debating Stardust. It sounds... very complex! I'm attracted to it because its latter mentioned ingredients jonquil, tobacco flower, white sandalwood, and poppy will probably work well on me. But I'm a little afraid of the champagne. I don't like the taste of champagne, I'm much more of a red wine kind of girl. But the last time I tried a scent with red wine in it (Wanda) oh boy, that was one of the worst smells I think I've ever experienced. I hope the imp wasn't bad. But boy! Wouldn't want that again.

So has champagne been in any previous scents? Does it smell more like white wine or more just a crisp, bubbly smell?

I think I might go for it because it sounds a little like Grandmother of Ghosts, which worked very well for me.

In other news, I think the others are going to be Herr Drosselmeyer (though it sounds masculine, hey, mechanics and magic, it just doesn't get cooler than that! and I like the smell of pipe smoke, haven't tried it ON me, though. It sounds sort of like the new Hellfire), Gingerbread Poppet even though I can't do foody scents well, it just sounds so comforting and warm, Mistletoe in case the GP just won't work and I want something festive, and Talvikuu which just sounds like a home run for me. I can't do scents that are too incensey and amber turns to rancid powder on me, so that eliminates the rest of the competition. :D

Hi, I'm the one that beat you to it!

It's OK, we can have more than one "help me with my Yule decision" thread!

Anyway, I have Bon Vivant, which has the champagne note. The champagne smelled like a crisp apple, honeyed slightly. Sweet, but the crispness was also a bubbly property. Hope that helps!

I think I have only tried 1 scent with champagne and 1 with wine and they are quite different.

On me, the wine (I think mulled wine) was more berry/currant like. The champagne was like bubbly soda - reminded me more of tonic or gingerale.

Thanks! Actually, darn you all! :P I had convinced myself that I wouldn't like Stardust, and so limited myself to HD, GP, and Talvikuu. But now... NOW I may have to try it!

Champagne is a really funny scent. It can smell like the inside of a glass of wine or it can smell pretty bad. It all depends on how you feel at the moment! Really. One of the things it was in was a very limited blend from BPAL and I can't remember the name of it, something like Imp of the Damned or something. It was champagne and roses. Bon Vivant has a champagne scent to it as well.

Champagne is a really funny scent. It can smell like the inside of a glass of wine or it can smell pretty bad. It all depends on how you feel at the moment! Really. One of the things it was in was a very limited blend from BPAL and I can't remember the name of it, something like Imp of the Damned or something. It was champagne and roses. Bon Vivant has a champagne scent to it as well.

Yeah, that was Imp of the Perverse. Reactions to that one definitely ran the gamut. I absolutely love Bon Vivant, and even if I didn't love champagne scents like I do, I think I'd enjoy it no matter what. It's crisp, fruity and vivacious, just like any proper sophisticate :P