Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ChupaChup

The Hamptons

The scent of a Cosmopolitan cocktail.

Fizzy and sweet -- smells a lot like a tart lime soda. I thought it would smell boozey, but it doesn't seem to. It's kind of a carefree, fun scent. It smells happy. Would be great to wear in the summer.

I like this one a lot better than Swank or Twenty-One. Edited by Shollin

It smells a little like a cherry-citrus wine spritzer in the bottle, and on smells like a very light, tart cologne (there's a hint of flowers, maybe it's a garnish). It's very bubbly and effervescent. Light and lovely.

Hmmm, I have to honestly say I don't like The Hamptons. I do like sweet and fruity scents (Sugar Skull, Xanthe, etc...), but something about this is sickly sweet and cloying to me. Maybe it reminds me of my drinking days. It does have a citrus aspect, but generally just smells like a too-sweet drink. I've never had a Cosmopolitan, and I think I would like them if I still drank. But this scent just doesn't do anything for me.

in the imp : I should say that when I got my imp some of another imp had spilled a bit of its contents on to Hampton's label so I can't really give an accurate description of what I smelt. At the time it smelt like men's cologne.

wet : Girl's night in at my friend's house making cosmos! Oh this is bringing all sorts of good happy memories to my mind - sharing drinks, laughing about events, watching movies. I was afraid that this was going to be a very manly scent but it truly is gender neutral and since I do most of my drinking with my girlfriends this is quickly becoming more and more of a feminine scent in my mind.

dry : I can see myself wearing this to the beach - it would make a great ocean side scent. I don't know how she's done it but this is a perfect cosmo in a bottle - perhaps one that's had a little flavor added into it because the alcoholic notes aren't that strong which is something of a real life - I have to admit I was worried about walking around smelling of alcohol but this really could be an anytime scent.

over all : what a wonderful scent :P - not exactly big bottle on me but I'll be treasuring this imp, I want to try wearing it out to my next beach adventure or night on the town, I have a sneaking suspicion this will become my perfect party scent.

In the imp: eeew. Rancid medicinal fruit. On the other hand, that's exactly how Queen of Hearts smelled to me in the bottle, and it turned out absolutely lovely, so I had hope :P

On skin: Grapefruit! Strong pink grapefruit, citrusy-sharp at first, then drying sweeter and mellower as time goes on. I'm getting a tiny bit of the lime and cranberry that are in a Cosmo, but only if I think about it really hard. It's mostly grapefruit. This is a really intriguing scent, but I'm not sure I like grapefruit enough to wear it that much.

Just tried an imp of this I received with my last order.

In the imp: Very fruity and tart. A bit strong.

On my skin: Yum! This IS a cosmo! Slightly bubbly and very cranberry with a touch of gin. I don't know how they manage to turn a perfume so effervescent but its great.

Dry: This didn't morph at all. It still smells like cranberry, alcohol, and fizziness. I put it on 6 hours ago and can still smell it when I put my nose against my arm.

I really like this one and may pick up another imp when I am done with this one. =D

In the imp: Lime!

Wet on my skin: Lime that almost smells . . . like Pine-Sol? Must be the gin.

Drydown: The Pine-Sol goes away for the most part and I'm left with fizzy Sweet Tarts. Actually, not Sweet Tarts - Spree! I smell like a green Spree.

Overall: I didn't like the wet stage at all. The drydown was a definite improvement. Oddly, I'm not really sure how I feel about this one, but I want to go buy some Spree.

In the imp: Holy booze batman, yikes! After the third sniff (holding the wand further from my nose each time) I finally get some cranberry in this. Here's hoping this smells a little less like vodka on my wrist!

On the wrist: Getting a bit of the lime now, as well as more cranberry. But this is still not a good smell close up. This literally smells like a cosmopolitan, harsh vodka vapors and all.

Dry: Much more lime now, lime and cranberry, but still obviously an alcoholic scent. I think this one will require more testing before I decide whether or not to keep it.

I liked this at first, as it was yummy and fruity without being overly sweet...but after a while it flattened out and smelled a bit too much like airplane bathroom cleaner. :P

in the bottle: It smells like.....triple sec. Sticky sweet. yuck.

on (wet): Triple sec still. A little tart, though? Like a Sweet Tart!

on (dry): Sweet cranberry and vodka. There's no more of that triple sec smell, and that sticky sweetness has faded a bit. It's still a little too sweet for me, but not unpleasant.

verdict: 2 out of 5. Not the worst sweet smell I've ever had, but really not for me. I actually bought this hoping for an airy, tart smell, and it almost delivers it, but it's just an overpowering sweet smell. I would wear this to a child's birthday party. Sweet, bright, and hinting of booze (just like me!). I might mix in a little of the ocean scented oils to make this a bit more Hamptons-ish for me.

In Imp: Truck stop restroom.

Wet: Cherries. And strangely, like preppy guy’s cologne with a hint of snotty rich princess. I think Paris Hilton and the uber-privaleged sisters on “White Chicks”. I don’t get any cranberries, although I wish I did.

½ hr Dry Down: Perfume. Strong perfume. Old rich bitch perfume. It’s ok but not for me. Too strong. Maybe for Nana, though.

In the bottle: Sweet & Sherbety

Wet: Sherbety - like refreshers. Sneezy. Fizzy & sweet.

Later: Actually, quite nice - very Refresher-like, though I'm not sure I want to actually smell like this! More like a bath bomb than a perfume, to me. 6/10.

Lime syrup, exactly like what you'd use to make a cosmopolitan, plus a drizzle of raspberry syrup. It is almost like a snow cone! As time goes on, something bitter - perhaps the alcohol note - emerges in the back, but for the most part, this is syrupy-citrus candy. Delicious, but a bit heavy and sticky for me.

The Hamptons

Delicious! This smells like sweet and sour candy. Sweet tarts, or sour gummy worms. It also reminds me of an extra tart berry lemonade. This is fresh and fun. I've never had a Cosmo before, so I looked it up on Wikipedia. A Cosmopolitan is a cocktail made with vodka, Cointreau or Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and fresh-squeezed lime juice or sweetened lime juice.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

4 : This is a keeper, I love how it's fruity, but in a fun sweet and tart way.

At first, this was fruit and sour candy on me -- smelled like big sour cherry candies, complete with powdery coating. I took my arm away from my nose immediately -- too much! It almost made my mouth water, smelling it, the way that something sour would.

But after a minute or two, that initial sour fruitiness sort of floats away (thank goodness!) The lime syrup and the cranberry make this a treat... I could see putting this behind my ears and in my hair in the summer. A happy scent with just enough tartness in the background to keep it from going overboard.

It's the drydown that kills this one for me. Like all cranberries before it, it's powder after a few minutes. My skin has eaten most of what made the lime so sparkly, and now I'm left with something that smells like a fruity cleanser. :P

The Hamptons

I've never had a Cosmopolitan before, but it definitely smells like a drink. Sweet and tart, both on skin and in the bottle. Oddly, on my skin, it reminded me of a yellow Sweet Tart candy. This one is such a fun scent, I couldn't give it up. :P

In the imp:

Boozy soda.

Wet:

EXTREMELY artificial cherry (which would make sense, given the Lab's description of this blend). If my skin keeps amping it this much, however, it's not going to work on me. Okay, the fakeness has calmed down a bit, but wow, is this fruity on me!

Dry:

This dries down to pretty much citrusey goodness. It reminds me of another blend, but I can't remember which one. I like, but I'm not sure if I would need a full bottle.

Like many others, I have a spreadsheet that I keep my BPAL scents on, where I keep track of reviews, rating scents, etc. Mine has a column for every note that's been in a scent that I've tried so far (from acai berry to yuzu), and I put a little X in the columns that apply to a particular scent. (Yeah, I'm a spreadsheet nerd!) Point being, I actually Wikipedia-d the ingredients of a Cosmo so I could mark the right scents for The Hamptons, and to know what I'm sniffing for - according to Wikipedia, the traditional ingredients are lemon-flavored vodka, triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice.

In the imp, there's a definite booziness - it's sweet, and smells of the orange of the triple sec and the lime.

Wet, on my skin, the cranberry comes out a bit - still getting lots of the lime and orange - very sweet, like there's a sugared rim!

When it dries, it's bright, sweet cranberry-lime-orange goodness. I love this scent. Between Swank and this, I'm totally in love with the Lab's "cocktail" scents!

This smells fruity, or rather, more like a very tart citrus. It's pretty overpowering. Actually, it smells exactly like sweet tarts candy. I'm not getting too much booze from this. . . .

Initial Impression: a Cosmopolitan

On Wet: boozy, bubbly Hawaiian Punch

On Dry: even sweeter and less effervescent

Final Impression: fun and flirty

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 3.5

imp: this smells just like a cosmopolitan! cranberry, limey goodness. i can tell already i'm adding a bottle or two with my next order.

wet: this is incredibly sweet and fresh. still tart cranberry and sweet lime booze. yum.

dry: this reminds me of swank a great deal, which is another of my favourites.

This is very nice! It smells a lot like the wet stage of Pruno, for me, only unlike Pruno, it doesn't turn into soap. Score!

Wet, it smells EXACTLY like a cosmopolitan: bright, a little bit boozy, with orange, lime, and berries. It's delicious!

It doesn't seem to morph at all, except that the bright, boozy quality fades. The throw is a little soft, but it lasts forever. I've had it on for almost 8 hours, and although it's much closer to the skin, it's still very noticeable.

I can't quite place my finger on what this smells like to me. I get a touch of lime but mostly I smell a fruit punch-like fragrance that takes over the blend. I believe it may be a pomegranate berry mixture. There's a touch of a boozy kick in the background but it is light and fleeting. I classify this with Swank, but I think I prefer Swank a little more than this one.

In the imp: Cranberry and fizzy booze. I almost smell juniper, strangely enough.

Wet: Woah fizzy! Yup, this is a cosmo. Sugary, syrupy cranberry.

Dry: Sweet fizzy cranberry soda.