Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ChupaChup

The Hamptons

The scent of a Cosmopolitan cocktail.

Seriously, do NOT get pulled over wearing this, because the officer will NOT be amused. Fresh on, it's a really boozy scent with a strong overtone of almond extract. As it dries it becomes less sharply fruity and smells like smooth, soft cranberry juice and lime. Edited by Baitu

Not My Scent At All! :P

Wet: Ok, I can smell the cranberry and something that I suppose is supposed to be boozy but doesn't quite get there on my skin. I smell like some demented cranberry scented lovechild of pinesol and sea breeze facial astringent.

Dry: Gack, this is even worse! The tangy, piney yet still tart like cranberry smell turns dry and melds with the astringent booziness, so I smell like some sort of fermented juniper berry.

Verdict: I'll list it for swap but I don't know that I'd want to inflict this on anyone.

In the bottle: Fresh, herbal gin and vermouth, bright lime, tart, fruity cranberry. Perfectly evokes a well blended cosmo. Not too sweet or sharp or sour.

Wet: Super alcoholic, with the booze notes hitting first, and lime immediately after. It's a sugary lime, not a sour, zesty one. The cranberry however is quite tart, and almost wintry. There must be juniper or evergreen here - this is such a cool, crisp scent.

Dry: Herbal-junipery alcohol, lime and other citrus, faint tart cranberry. This has sweetened a bit, but is still very fresh and invigorating.

Summary: Juniper, herbs, and vodka, over sugared lime and tart cranberries. A cold, bracing scent, and very true to the description - highly evocative. Alas, the juniper bullies this blend too much on my skin. In ways, this is an inferior version of Golden Wave.

ETA: Or, a superior version of Blue Fire! Ha.

Edited by fairnymph

In Vial:fruity sweet and lemon household cleaner

Wet: This smells like a fizzy cherry soda.

Now its moving more towards cherry kool-aid.

And that is where it has stayed.

Wet in imp:

cranberry juice!

Wet on skin:

cranberry juice with a bit of herbal to make it interesting

Drydown:

mmm… cranberry and clean booze

Wearlength:

softens after a while, but hangs on fairly well

Final impression:

:P

Remember when you were a kid and you'd get that packet of kool-aid mix (that had the sugar already mixed in the package) and you'd get a sugar stick and lick that, and put it in the Kool-aid packet and lick the kool-aid off of the sugar stick... yep.. thats what this smells like.. Kool-aid concentrate. And I LOVE it! Soooooo sweet and sugary. It is actually making my mouth water. Not boozy at all.. (THANK GAUDS!) Cause I don't care to much for boozy scents.

Mmmm Sweetness supreme. Super sugary (not too tart) cherry lemon aid Kool-aid... WOOO!!

This is a sweet scent for me. No boozy note, just a sweet cranberry. I've ad it on for over an hour and it's turned to a light, sweet scent. Considering a bottle of this one.

I don't get the alcohol note in this very strongly, either. On me, it is a sweetened fruit scent. It's sort of like Tiki Queen, only way less complex and with no floral backdrop. It has that same fruity-candy scent to it, though, that I tend to really like. Ultimately, this isn't a scent that is for me, but only because it wasn't discovered before some of my other fruity loves. I can't imagine needing this with the others. It wears really nicely on the skin and has a fair bit of throw, even with my very light application. I'm so glad I got to try this- I'll probably give it more consideration in the future. For me, it is totally a spring/summer scent.

I love this one it's so sweet smelling and a little boozy. When it dries on me the booze goes away but still smells like super sweet cranberries.

for me The Hamptons are far too sweetly fruity.

I've been going through a box of extremely aged BPAL (kept dark and cool, but most of it dates from 04-05). I've had this imp of The Hamptons since its release.

I just sniffed it and got a powerful scent-memory of food, or maybe medicine. I had Mr. Brienze sniff it to see if he could tell me what it was -- he, poor man, thinks all perfumes smell like "flowers and alcohol" if he can smell anything. No help there. But I finally figured it out -- Hawaiian fruit punch! Any booziness it once had is gone, and it now smells exactly the way fruit punch tastes.

Depending on how well you like fruit punch, you can take this as a warning to not let The Hamptons sit around unused for three years. =)

Edited for inappropriate apostrophe.

Edited by Brienze

in imp: sweet, berries, and more sickly sweet. cranberries and lime peeks through to add the tartness.

i sniffed this and it gave me goosebumps and made my teeth hurt. it really smells like juice and i don't even want to try it on. i'd rather drink my cocktails.

it does smell like a cosmo...however i like my cosmo's with grand marnier and not lime...it's much better. trust me

In The Bottle

Boozy almond?!

On Application

Overpowering smell of petrol and almond. It might have been a mistake putting this on my skin.

Dry Down

About 5 minutes into the drydown this softens somewhat to gin and waxy, not too sweet fruit. A little later the fruit becomes more prominent and sweeter and then bubblegummy.

Rating (0-5)

Whoa. This REALLY does smell like the drink! Fruity and boozy! Yum! I love that sweet cranberry!

Hahaha, omg this is like a jello-shot perfume XD Strongly fruity and boozy! I wish it was a teeensy bit lighter on the booze to be honest. Though then I guess it wouldn't really be a cosmo now, would it?

As it dries, the boozey note does calm down a bit, as does the intenseness of the red fruitiness-it becomes more of a generic sugary cranberry blend that has an unfortunate sort of synthetic undertone.

Really, this blend shines in those first few minutes, when it REALLY smells like a cosmopolitan. It is just uncanny! After that first wet phase fades away, it kind of loses it's UMPH and excitement. It's a nice sweet cranberry/fruit juice blend, but nothing so special I would need a bottle.

Yup, that's cranberry juice alright. :P I should have given this one to my husband who drinks vodka-cran's. Not my favorite and off to the swaps pile.

You know...dont let your boyfriend try this one before you do...because he'll take it and insist that its his.

It smells very fruity, cranberry-esq with a tangerine kind of scent to it to. It also isnt boozy on me, if at all and I like that. I think I may have to get another imp for myself because mines now gone, gone to its new master :cry2:

In the vial: Mmm, this is a very sweet, fruity, boozy drink. Definitely a Cosmopolitan.

Wet: It makes me feel like I'm eating this fizzy, sweet, cherry candy.

Drydown: Soapy, cherry candy. The sweetness of this blend is not to be taken lightly.

Overall: This is just too sweet for my tastes. Not for me.

Wet: Sharp alcohol.

First on: Just a big boozy scent...

Dry: Nothing changes, and I don't like to smell like I've dunked myself in a still.

sweet and boozy, like some forest fruit hard candy in a glass of vodka. it gets too sweet and too candy-like on my skin, so it became a present for my friend who likes sickening sweet perfumes.

Vaguely fruity smelling - in a sort of watery way, like currants smell sometimes. Softly boozey to me, I don't get a sharp booze note from this. Very toned down scent on me!

Yes!!! Definitely the smell of a Cosmopolitan! I don't get a lot of booze out of it ... but then again most Cosmopolitans I've sniffed smell more like fruity candy than a bar, much like The Hampton does. It's a fun little scent. Very short lasting on me, however.

The Hamptons

In the Imp: oooh. cherry life saver...or is it orange? (it was kind of like a cherry one stuck on an orange one and you have to bite them apart)....definitely CANDY. I didn't get much alcohol at all.

Wet: candy....still bleedin' candy...no alcohol or lime.

Dry: Well, a bit less sweet, a tiny bit more tart and a little bit "dusty" ...perhaps like a cherry and orange sweet tart? Still candy!

Later Dry: After a couple hours it was a dusty sweet fruity smell...similar to a Demeter-type fragrance....it faded in about 2 hours on me.

Verdict: Not bad in the end, but again, super sweet. Folks that like candy fragrances shouldn't miss this. Me? In the swaps it goes....

This smells like Vitamin Water from start to finish. Very fruity, and kind of syrupy... like artificial flavors from Vitamin Water. It even has a "water" undertone to it because it's so light. It's not bad as a scent but not something I want to be wearing. I think of younger girls wearing this.

I got this as a freebie imp with my order.

Imp: I smelt a bizzare combo of jellybeans and a hint of ocean water. I don't know how I smelt hints of the sea in there but I swear I did. It lingered in the background. It was odd. My mom didn't smell the ocean notes at all. As soon as she smelled the imp she immediately announced "Cherry Lollipop".

Wet: We tried this one on my mom, since I was trying out Alice. It continued to have that cherry candy smell on her.

Dry: We didn't detect anytransformation. It pretty much stayed consistant as a cherry candy scent. I still stand by a cherry jellybean and my mom says cherry lollypop. By this point that odd ocean scent was completely gone though.

Verdict: It's a interesting smell. We determined it ultimately smells like a candy shop. A bit too sweet for either of us, to wear, but not neccesarrily unpleasant. It's not my thing though.

I thought I smelled like delish raspberry cocktails...The Boy said "what's that smell!? It is Glade or red koolaid?"

Sniff sniff...