Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin and pomegranate.

This is my favourite ppp blend so far, its really nice and it is lighter on my skin than the others have been so far. After having it on for roughly 9 hours it has faded to this really loverly fruity smell and I can hardly smell the pumpkiny "jack" smell in it at all. Really nice!

PP#3 has a very tart, juicy quality.

It really reminded me of this delicious cranberry-orange room oil I use. I have tried PP1, 2, 3, and 5 -- this one has lasted the longest on me and seems to have the most throw.

I don't really smell the pumpkin element (nor did I in the others, come to think of it) though on drydown this one has a smokey, and also waxy quality. Like a candle about to go out.

I had to try this because I am in love with pomegranate.

In the bottle - Rich buttery pumpkin and super sweet, very tart pomegranate. OMG LOVE! I decided as soon as I smelled it that even if the oil hated me I was keeping the bottle to use as a room scent!

Wet - The fruit takes over and overpowers the pumpkin so that I am only getting a faint whiff.

Dry - The pomegranate mellows out a bit, still crisp and sweet but a perfect balance to the warm richness of the pumpkin. This scent has a lot of throw and lasts forever. Its beautiful and I love it - so glad I got a bottle :P

This is the only one I disliked, and Im certain its the pomegranate. I didnt care for swank, and this did the same thing on me...it turned to cat pee. Cat pee on a pumpkin =/

In the bottle, I was confused because it smelled very much like Jack, with a nutty twist. I didn't get the pomegranate at all.

When I applied it, at first, it still smelled like Jack, but as it dried, the pomegranate has taken over this blend. It's a big, fat, ripe, lucious pom and I really like the way it is grounded by the pumpkin. There's a little bit of spiciness to it, and a little bit of that nuttiness I smelled in the bottle. Very pretty.

I think that this might be my favorite of the PP blends - the pom is so fresh and juicy that it brightens the rich buttery note of the pumpkin that threatens to turn on me. This is something that I can see myself wearing beyond the fall, which is nice too.

I do have to say...

I really expected to strongly dislike this fragrance ~ but I had to buy the set... so try it, I had to.

Am I ever glad.

:D

In the bottle: Pumpkin, fruits and buttery cocoa. (Yep. I smell cocoa... which is weird... but nice.)

Wet ~ rich, red, ripened pomegranate...

On the dry down ~ The pumpkin scent comes faintly back in the background... leaving the full, wonderful scent of a ripe pomegranate to be the star in this scent production.

Nice throw, long lasting... this would make a lovely bubble bath or shampoo, too.

:P

Edited by BlackDahlia

I don't really like pomegranate, so I was unsure about this. It does add a nice bit of tartness to be pumpkin, which keeps it from being too buttery.

In the imp: Unmistakable pomegranite! Buttery scent underneath but not that strong compared to the fruit.

Wet: Wow, fruity! Intense like Bubblicious gum, sticky sweet at first. Then the bitterness comes out to play and it's lovely, mixing with the bubblicious smell. Buttery scent not quite there yet, hope it comes out to play.

Dry: The fruit is very full. The buttery pumpkin mellowed heavily and instead formed a solid base for the fruit to set on. While it still smells like gum, it's turned into Extra Wildberry(or whatever it's called) and is a more full fruit.

Category: Fruit/Foody

Rating: 3/5, just pomegranite and pumpkin

Overall: Nice blend but smelled too much like a filled pastry to wear comfortably. The buttery and sweet-bitter smells mixed nicely together and were great compliments to each other.

In Bottle: Sweet fruity pumpkin

On Skin: Very Fall-like… a perfect room scent. I love the juicyness of the pomegranate. The pumpkin smells like pie with a bit of spice. Very nice, my favorite.

In the bottle: the typical BPAL buttery pumpkin with a very faint pomegranate undertone.

Wet: the same as in the bottle, but the pomegranate starts slipping to the front, taking away a bit of the buttery note, thank goodness.

Drydown: ACK! Aquatic notes kill my nose and sinuses, exactly in the same way as they did in Persephone. That must be the juice of the pomegranate. When I can smell through the aquatics, there's a very gentle honey scent added to the pumpkin. And fortunately - just like in Persephone - the aquatics die down after about 30 minutes. It smells like pumpkin, honey and apples, with a bit of a zesty twist.

Overall: It's enjoyable, but again I'm not a huge fan of the BPAL pumpkin scent which I find too foody (it smells like cooked sweet pumpkin rather than raw pumpkin - I prefer the latter). Aquatics set aside (damn my nose!), it smells less foody and more sensual than the other pumpkin blends I've tried (Jack and PP#1), but I still think this one will go out to swaps, because I these scents still aren't very "me".

In the vial, I got buttery pumpkin and, obviously, the underlying pomegranate.

And then I put it on my skin and had my first experience with a scent smelling differently on my wrists. It was very fruity on my left, and more buttery on my right. Odd. Eventually, they balanced out.

As it dried, the pomegranate got very strong, very quickly. Who knew pomegranate was so sweet?

Dry, there was a sort of commercial candle/plastic smell. And! The appearance of a faint note of dust. It's unique and it almost worked, just not on me.

ETA: Many hours later, it faded down to a skin-close spicey fruit scent. If it had done this right away, I would have been in love.

Wow, is there a lot of pomegranate in this. It's very cheerful, very fruity and very festive. It's a gorgeous blend, but I'm not sure how often I'm going to wear it.

In the vial, Pumpkin Patch 3 smells like the warm, buttery pumpkin of Jack. It still smells like that, with a bit of tang, shortly after application. Soon after, however, all I can smell is pomegranate. The one pomegranate experience I can remember clearly is Persephone. I'm sure I've sniffed more scents with pomegranates, but that's the only one I know that had pomegranate. However, although Pumpkin Patch 3 smells like pomegranate, it's a slightly buttery pomegranate, a pomegrate without the tang. A mellow pomegranate, if you will. It fades quite quickly, nearly unrecognizable after four hours.

In the bottle - Butter, sharp fruits, digestive biscuits and coconut :P .

Wet on me - More decidedly fruity. Clean, crisp pomegranate backed by cream and butter.

Dry on me - The pomegranate takes over completely, dark, green, earthy pomegranate, fresh and ripe, but all the same just pomegranate.

A great surprise frimp from Original Wacky--Thank you!

Imp: The buttery pumpkin from Jack, but with a very tart crisp fruit. This isn't as "foody" as jack, but I fear it will go the same uber-butter route.

Wet: 11:45: Immediately all I get is super butter pumpkin. It’s a smell I love, but not one I'll typically wear as perfume. Not to worrry, in about a minute, there is considerably LESS butter pumpkin, and this glorious crisp fruity not starts to appear.

Dry: sweet red fruit and buttery pumpkin. But I’m getting an unexpected slight smokines outta this. The longer into the drydown, the more fruity and less butter it becomes--crisp sweet pomegranate, with buttery smoky pumpkin underneath.. The balance is great. Pumpkin alone is too butter/candle-y for wearing (for me), and I shy away from overly fruity, but the two together are lovely and balanced.

Lasts 5-7 hrs until it fades to a hint of sweet red fruit and home scented candle.

Overall: A good comfort scent, and I think I like it better than jack. Its still not a perfume I'd often wear, but something good for getting cozy, or for a home scent. Great throw before it fades.

In the imp: A sweeter version of Jack a little pinker in scent

On wet: Again the Jack similarity is obvious a sweet pumpkin. As this sits the pumpkin runs to the back and this becomes a fruity scent. Sadly this disappeard but I reapplyed to try again.

Drydown: A very light nice fruity scent. It seems so strangely simple. This is the scent I hoped fruit moon would be. This is not fruit punchy but clear and nice without being too sweet. Over time a time bit more of that pumpkin comes out. This seems like the perfect scent for an Indian Summer.

This one I had high hopes for. I really enjoyed #4 and grew to like the initial blast of pumpkin that dies down almost immediately; however, with #3 it doesn't seem to die. It holds on for dear life and wages fierce battle with the pomegranate.

Sweet and tart fighting to the death on my wrists. :P I'd rather have Sweetarts in my mouth.

This will go to someone who will appreciate it more than me.

I have been enjoying this one on a cold, rainy, spring day. The tartness of the pomegranate is going well with the budding leaves and yellow daffodils. It's sort of like the remains of winter, with fruit to come.

I'm not as fond of this one as I am of PP4 & PP5, but this is a wearable scent and refreshing in cool weather.

ADDED June 25:

I'm late to reviewing this, but PP3 is also a fine summertime scent. The dry woods, tart pomegranate, and watery pumpkin aromate along in sticky weather and give the overall effect of a spice caravan.

Eep, my first review. Be gentle?

So I picked up a decant of Pumkin Patch #3 off LJ and after sniffing the bottle was pretty eager to try it. At first this thing just makes me want to eat my arm it smells so buttery and wonderful and rich. I should mention that I'm still awful at picking out individual notes, but as it dries, I start to feel rather iffy about this one. There's something in here that I really like and something that smells just a little off. I'd call this a woody, buttery scent with an edge of sweetness.

I really keep swinging back and forth between loving and hating this one. One moment I think it's growing on me, the next I just want to get it off. In the end, I think it's getting to be too much for me. I'm getting the slight headache at the base of my skull that I sometimes get and while the scent itself is generally pleasant, it does have a fairly generic "candle shop" scent to it on me. On a scale of 1-10, I'd put this at about a 5. I can tell it's one that's going to tempt me from time to time, so I'm keeping the imp, but I'm going to end up putting it on and going "oh shit, that's why I don't wear this one.

Later: No, it's moving down to 4. The headache is worsening and the candle store is getting stronger. Damnit, I wanted to like this one. Off to the swap pile.

When I first got into BPAL, I tried two Pumpkin Patch scents and quickly learnt that the pumpkin note makes me physically ill. Then a few weeks ago I managed to get my greedy paws on a partial imp of Pomegranate SN and liked it so much that I risked this scent.

I'm glad I did! In the imp it's all that stomach-churning, buttery pumpkin but once on it's primarily pomegranate; tart and juicy. The pumpkin note becomes a rich undertone and the two are perfect together.

I'm a fan. :P

Bottle: Um. Ugh. Pumpkin, but odd. Like pumpkin candy - sweet but warm.

Wet: Tart of the pomegranate overlaid.

Dry: Tart = warm and sweet is now =ing sickly sweet/sour. I will certainly need to wash soon - I'll wait a little longer for the later verdict, but I'm getting a headache.

Later: Back to sweeter like candy, but still the headache. Must. Wash. Now.