Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin Patch 2

Pumpkin with cocoa, hazelnut and walnut.

in imp: buttery cocoa

wet: walnut and cocoa and a note I can't place (maybe it's the pumpkin, but it smells a bit floral to me)

dry: nutty cocoa...smells like Nutella...but not too foody...lasts a lot longer than any other cocoa scent I have tried

verdict: I'm glad I got to try this, but I don't need any more than the imp I have

In the bottle: Mmmm.....choooooooooooocolaaaaaaate....with a bit of hazlenut. I don't really smell any pumpkin. Probably got smashed on the way to the factory. :3 Get it? Smashing Pumpkins? Eh? Eh!? ...oh nevermind.

Wet: BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEECH! Pumpkin showed up. It left a HUGE sign on my door saying it HATES chocolate. And hazlenut. Oh gods. OKAY! I GET THE MESSAGE! X_X

Dry: ...it won't take down the sign...

To the swap pile!

In the vial: Mmm. Chocolate and pumpkins and spices!

On me: This starts out really nice, but then the pumpkin and chocolate start to dry down and fade and the hazelnut comes out. The other scents don't blend enough with it, and as much as I love hazelnut, it just smells really "off" in this blend.

Verdict: Not for me. Off to the swaps/sales.

Rating: 2/5

I am a huge pumpkin fan, and this one did not disappoint. It's sort of hard to review something with such straightforward notes, other than to say, "Why, yes, I do smell pumpkin, cocoa, and the nutty goodness." This blend has pretty high throw. I only tried it on my wrists and I am getting clear sniffs of it as I type. I will be getting a lot of use out of this during the autumn season and will be actively seeking out imps of other PP blends.

To me, this smells very similar to Hearth.

I can smell mainly cocoa/hazelnut in the bottle, but on the skin I can smell pumpkin.

Ths pumpkin in this one seems earthier, while the hazelnut/walnut have sort of a woody feel, and the cocoa adds a lot of sweetness.

On my skin this smells like a less sweet version of Hearth, with cocoa.

I got my Pumpkin Patch set from the lab last November, and I still haven't tried them all. *smacks hand* bad me

In the bottle, it's a warm, rich pumpkin with cocoa on the side. I can smell the nuttiness, but I can't differentiate between them.

Wet, the pumpkin warms up, but so does the cocoa, making the scent warm and inviting without being overpowering. It dries to a warm but soft scent, and the nuts appear a lil more.

After 7 or so hours, the pumpkin is mostly gone, but there's still a dusty chocolate nuttiness left.

It's a very warm, pretty scent.

In the bottle this is 100% hot chocolate. Yum. Once applied some slight spice comes forward, can't tell what it it, but it's delicious smelling. This is one of my favorites. I could drink it from the bottle..if it woudn't make me ill :P

bottle: hazelnut and a bit of pumpkin spice.

Wet:apricot? Cocoa and pumpkin.

Dry: pumpkin pie, cocoa, and general nutty flavor

Pretty much... TO DIE FOR!

Mmmmm....pumpkin, cocoa, and hazelnut are all good things to smell like, and here they are blended wonderfully. I think this may be my favorite of the Pumpkin Patches. :P

Edit: I spoke too soon. The hazelnut and cocoa did weird things on my skin, obliterating the pumpkin and turning the scent plasticky. Sigh.

Edited by maijasu

Thanks to Gwallahay for the decant.

Vial: Yummy creamy chocolatey goodness.

Skin: Nutty pumpkin. The pumpkin is more a green note initially, the walnut and the hazelnut are very strong, but not in a bad way.

Drydown: The chocolate returns to add a sugary quality and the end result is sort of reminiscent of pumpkin roll without the spices. This is a great foody blend; I was rather afraid the pumpkin wouldn't work on me, but now I'm ready for Autumn!

in the bottle: mostly cocoa

wet: mmm, the pumpkin's coming out and evening out the scent but the cocoa is still coming on pretty strong

drydown: spicey pumkpin warmed by cocoa

lovely ~ :P

In The Bottle: Cocoa mixed with Jack.

Wet On Skin: Very chocolatey with a wonderful spicy scent layed underneath.

Dry; Now it's very hazelnutty. This is definitely a keeper.

2005 edition...

In the bottle: chocolate with a bit of spice.

Initial application: the chocolate's really strong, my SO smelled it as soon as he stepped into the room. It's only slightly tempered with spicy pumpkin and a dry nutty scent.

Drydown: finally, the chocolate smooths out a bit, allowing the pumpkin to come through. Happily, the hazelnut doesn't go sour on me, as a lot of other nut notes seem to for me. I'm not overwhelmed with joy, but it is a nice scent that gets you in the mood for this time of year.

Smiley rating: :P

I love pumpkin in my home and in a pie, but unfortunately, on my skin, it doesn't love me.

This smells just like the chocolate pumpkin cupcakes I made last fall in the vial.

On the skin, for one quick second, it smells super yummy.

Then my body grabs a hold of it and won't let go, transmuting it into melting plastic and fruit punch.

Sad for me, good for whoever wants to swap.

I'm beginning to really hate my skin chemistry with pumpkin.

In The Bottle: Cocoa and pumpkin, very much like pumpkin pie with dark chocolate chips throughout. TOTALLY YUM.

Wet On Skin: The chocolate's going away a little, and turning to hazelnut... wait, chocolate, come back! Come back!

Dry: ....and all that's left is this super-concentrated sugary spice smell. It's nice, but totally not what I was going for. *sigh* I'm going to put this in my hair and hope the chocolate sticks around.

Why couldn't I get pumpkin brownies?!! :P

Edited by herkissofshame

I got a decant of this from a decant circle. In the imp, smells like scratch and sniff stickers (the ones that were supposed to smell like chocolate)!! On skin, cocoa, but really still reminds me of a scratch and sniff sticker. No pumpkin yet. 5-7 minutes later…PUMPKIN! Warm chocolatey pumpkin. Yum yum YUM. After awhile the chocolate fades and the pumpkin remains...and then the cocoa comes back every now and again.

The scent doesn't last too long, a few hours at most. I'd love to try Jack and see how it compares to this. Overall, I really like this scent and will probably use up the entire imp this fall.

I first received a decant imp of Pumpkin Patch 2 as a frimp in a swap, and then I swapped with the Divine Ms. Sookster for a bottle, because I love it that much! It starts out as a chocolately, nutty, pumpkin. After a bit it turns spicier on me, but remains rich, dark and completely yummy. It's not a tremendously sweet scent, I think because the pumpkin cuts the sweetness of the chocolate and hazelnut, but it's very "round" and warm, with a certain richness. It's rather hard to describe, except it's a nice comfort scent that still has a certain lickable sexiness to it. :P

Of course this is chocolatey and pumpkin-y in the bottle, but once it goes on a heady nutty aroma comes out, very much like nutty chocolate spice cookies. It's a tasty, lickable, biteable smell that makes me hungry. The nut scent is very toasty, and not at all almondy (in other words, it does not smell like cherries). I like this one the best so far, of the Pumpkin Patch scents I've tried. It's very, very delicious-smelling!

I love the spiced pumpkin note the Lab uses – it's such a perfect balance between food/not food.

In the bottle I am overwhelmed by Rich Dark hot chocolate. Deep, moist and inviting. as it starts to dry I get a twing of something familiar and buttery. I realize it is dake chocolate covered hazelnuts! I KNOW this smell! i used to work in a chocolate factory/shop and we made these!!

Then as it morphs again, I recently ate a pumpkin truffle given to me by a customer at work. It was different. I liked it, but it wasn't your average thing ou would expect in a box of mixed chocolate. A refined pallet for such things (which I have) can pick it apart and admire the blend before reacting. Which I did.

To me it is delicious!

It smells like 2 girls who liked their waitres enough to get her a truffle because she was having a very bad day. :P

I have a suspicion that this blend can only get better with age. It's like holiday baking with Nutella, as others have pointed out. The pumpkin isn't too foody/buttery, and the hazelnut/walnut combination really grounds the flavour- the cocoa just gives it that edge, and it is really wonderful fun to wear. Very much a fall/winter scent, to my nose, and very gourmand. I think that it is basically straightforward- if you like the notes, there's not much that'll go wrong. If you expect you won't like it, you probably won't. The only caveat there is if you fear the butter that was in Jack. It's not there, at least not on my skin.

2005 Version

Ooh! This blend reminds me of cookies. Rather, cookies that should be, because I've never had a pumpkin-and-chocolate cookie, and I suspect it might be delicious.

Overall, this is a rather powdery scent on me, like cookie dust rather than a freshly-baked cookie. After a while, I get an odd, unexpected boozy note as well. Interesting, warm, sweet.

Edited by Voleuse

Pumpkin Patch #2, 2005

At first sniff, it's all cocoa and hazelnut. Tasty. Upon application, it takes on a brighter, almost boozy note that hangs around for a good long while. But the magic is in the drydown. When dry, it's a soft, nutty chocolate that lingers close to the skin. Glad to have picked this up when I did, but this decanted imp is probably all I'll need.

Yum, yum, yum. :D That's all I can say to that list of notes.

In the bottle - Nutty cocoa, not overly sweet, but with a smooth buttery underpinning from the pumpkin. Yum!

Wet - Wow, this is so faint. The nut pretty much hits the road immediately.

Drying - Gah, chocolately pumpkinness! :P There's something lingering at the back of my nostrils that isn't a note so much as a sensation. The nuts, maybe, MIA as they are? This certainly isn't sweet nor is it strong. It floats off my skin very faintly.

Dry (45 minutes) - This went the way cocoa usually does on me. It's overly dry and powdery, with the creaminess of the pumpkin going rancid underneath.

Overall - This simply ran into the problem of personal chemistry. It really is too bad, too. It had such a wonderful scent before it dried. Stupid body...