Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with cocoa, hazelnut and walnut.

Mmmmm smells SO amazing for the most part, sweet, cocoa, pumpkin pie and hot chocolate on a cold day. My skin chemistry is a bit wierd however and turns this a little more burnt than I would like so off to swaps.

I kind of dreaded this one but knew when I was sniffing my imps (which were not labelled, but I am going by smell to identify them) that this must be the chocolate one.

Let it be known, I love chocolate, but I only like to eat it...I don't care for the smell on its own. When it's not attached to a piece of cake I'm about to eat the smell just doesn't work for me.

The buttery smell isn't as bad in this as I feared but it still turns my stomach. Nutty smells also make me queasy. Somehow I actually managed to test a drop of this, and while I am sure that someone who liked these kinds of smells would enjoy it, it gives me an instant splitting headache. Even after washing it off thoroughly I feel sick to my stomach and the memory of the smell makes my head hurt.

In other words, if you have a problem with nut/chocolate/food scents this is another one to avoid. But hey, I thought I'd feel the same way about PP #1 and I loved that so everything is worth a try.

It does make me think of going into a store at Halloween time that is full of Halloween-scented candles and potpourris and chocolate treats. But just as too much candy can make you sick to your stomach, a whiff of this blend is not good for me. Major headache and tummyache. I need to go sniff some trees! :P

In the imp: oh yum yum, this smells delicious…buttery pumpkin with chocolate and nuts aplenty.

Wet on skin: this gets a bit sweeter and perhaps spicy too? it's still chocolate and nut pumpkin, reminds me of brownies…

Dry on skin: is there such a thing as pumpkin brownies? If so, I'm getting cravings for them. This is what I'd imagine them to smell like-there's that slightly buttery, slightly fruity-sweet, baked pumpkin smell coupled with cocoa and wonderful nutty scents, it smells warm, delicious, and like it's come straight out of the oven ready for me to devour.

After a while: the pumpkin note sweetens and strengthens more after a while, still with the nut and cocoa notes drifting in the background but now it's the pumpkin that's taking centre stage. And that's no bad thing!!!

Verdict: this is such a delightful and indulgent scent. Think a delicious fresh pumpkin pie served with brownies crammed with nuts and the smells of both these treats fill the kitchen as they bake. I must resist the urge to bite my arm off. I love the pumpkin note in these Patch scents-it's slightly spicy, slightly buttery, it's sweet, rich and with feel of it being a cooked pumpkin (as opposed to Pumpkin King, which was a raw pumpkin smell) and in this, it bonds wonderfully with chocolate and nut notes. A very comforting foody scent.

Origin: Imp from a decant circle

In the Bottle: CHOCOLATE! Maybe a bit nutty, but very, very chocolate.

Wet: Ooh, nice! Rich, dark, sweet, nutty. It's like some decadent holiday dessert.

Drydown: It stays dark and rich, with neither the pumpkin nor chocolate taking over. I like it, I think, but I'm not sure how much.

Verdict: I'll keep the imp for sure. Not sure what I'll do with the bottle I have coming.

Nutty, sweet, spicy chocolate - yummy!

This dries down to be warm sweet and cuddly pumpkins. So foody that my mother asked who was eating toffee and laughed when I admitted that it was my perfume :P

This is the sweetest of the PP blends, and perfect for days when you want to smell like nutty toffee :D

When I bought the pumpkin patch, I knew two would be problematic for me--this and the pomegranite one. I was right.

In the bottle, this is one of the most distinctive of the blends--that cocoa comes to the forefront right away. Now I have enjoyed some of the chocolate scents--I love Bliss, and I like 13. Some with cocoa have been a little problematic, however, though it is hard for me to tell if that is the blend or something else. So I tried this on, even though i wasn't bowled over by it in the bottle.

And it is spicey cocoa, with the richness of the pumpkin blend (which, to be honest, is not distinctively pumpkin to me, but more a pumpkin pie spice note--creamy sweet and spicey. I don't get buttery in these blends, which I'm glad of because I usually initially like BPAL buttery notes then quickly dislike them).

For about three minutes its ok. but then something wierd happpens and a cocoa soap note creeps in that is just not good. I tried it several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, and it wasn't. And I decided I didn't much like this blend (though I didn't wash it off, like I did with the pomegranite one). So its already off to someone else.

Still, three out of five is pretty good in my mind--I still LOVE the pumpkin patch!

preconceived notion: All those ingredients sound inoffensive and yummy, no?

in the imp: WHOA HAZELNUT. I have spent the past several hours coming back at this and sniffing it, and yep... each time the scent is powerfully and overwhelmingly hazelnut. For a while it reminded me of something, and I could not remember what... but now I've got it. Frangelico, an Italian liqueur that absolutely reeks of hazelnut. As an alcoholic beverage, it is very very nice. As a scent however... a blazing, overpowered scent from the bowels of hell... not so good. I am having a visceral reaction and that reaction is REJECTION.

gingerly.... wet?: chocolate covered, perfumey hazelnut. I have died and gone to fragrance hell. This is so unbelievably nauseating. I actually think in need to scrub it off before I throw up.

*scrubsscrubs*

drydown: N/A.

verdict: A WORLD OF NO.

post-conceived notion: this was getting so much positive feedback, I had some really high hopes. BUT A FOODIE I APPARENTLY AM NOT. The cocoa and the pumpkin still seem like they'd be notes I'd like, but not in this mix. Not with such a rich, sickly hazelnut eviscerating me to the core. Like a pithed frog. Just... wow. No.

Total rejection.

Edited by herongale

pumpkinpatch2.jpg

A jolly scent if I ever tried one. This #2 captures perfectly the candy and extreme fun of Halloween night.Oddly enough, I don't pick up the hazelnut or walnut notes that are in here, I translate them as a faint mint scent backing up the cocoa. Go figure. I wish it were otherwise, and who knows my nose might come around. I can pick up the pumpkin and spices. I just find this a delightful scent and am glad I had a chance to try it. By the way, it will be just dandy through Thanksgiving, too.

PP#2 was the one I was most looking forward to.

In bottle: yep, there's the cocoa. PP#1 was very buttery and Jack-like in the bottle, and this is nothing like it.

On skin: hey! Where'd the cocoa go? It's a weird chemical smell. I am a huge fan of Centzon Totochtin and Dia de los Muertos, both of which have a nice dry unprocessed chocolate/cocoa tinge. This isn't here, and neither is the hazelnut and walnut.

Half-hour later: oh goody, there's the cocoa I like. No nuts though, that I can tell. This definitely mellowed out to a very nice blend; not so much "chocolate" or "foody" but very sweet and pretty. This one is the longest-lasting of the 5 too; hours later it's still close to the skin and nice.

In conclusion: PP#2 is #2 of the five, especially the way it ends up.

In bottle: It smells like posh chocolate. Cocoa and hazelnut, with a definite buttery addition that I once again blame on the pumpkin.

On me: This is a very strong fragrance. The cocoa wafts up off my skin almost immediately. I can't really decide if I like the mixture of pumpkin and chocolate - it's unusual to say the least. I like the dry sweetness that the nuts add. It's a very comforting and warm gourmund fragrance.

at first: very sweet and foody.

on: wow...really sweet. heavy. the cocoa is dry, which is good, and the pumpkin is sweet. i think this one may be a bit much for me.

half an hour later: dark chocolate and pumpkin. obviously. the hazelnut and walnut are there, but are very soft.

4 hours later: just generally sweet. i can't pick out any notes.

overall: this just isn't really me.

Wet: A delicious gourmet hot chocolate mix, with some nuts. A bit of alcohol.

Dry: gentle chocolate and nuts being nosed out by the pumpkin, but the coexist very beautifully. I adore this.

In the bottle: Chocolate pumpkins. Hmm. That's different.

Wet: Actually, this is really unpleasant while wet. You can smell the layers -- the pumpkin hugging the skin, the rich chocolate wafting over it and then over top both of them, a very bitter nutty note. It's really off-putting.

Drydown: However! It calms down and the cocoa recedes until I get a cozy, gourmandy nutty pumpkin resting near my skin. It's kinda comforting.

Final thoughts: I like it! I might not need the whole bottle, but I like it!

Oh yummy, pure harvest treats in a bottle. The cocoa note is really lovely, it's not like a chocolately hershey bar cocoa, it's the cocoa you smell in your mom's spice cabinet when she's baking cookies. It's subtle yet undeniably chocolately. The hazelnut and walnut compliment this blend beautifully, and I can't think of a yummier truffle flavor than this would be! Love it,love it, I'll wear it often :P

cocoay and nutty and mouthwatering!!

yummmm!!! after a bit this warms up to a lovely

pumpkin chocolatey blend~~~

:D

excellent and unique, indeed...another winner :P :D

First Impression: Dry cocoa powder.

Dries down to: Nutty, chocolate-y pumpkin.

Additional Comments: This is my favourite of the Pumpkin Batch blends. It's like baked pumpkin squares, drizzled with bittersweet chocolate and sprinkled with nuts. I sometimes find hazelnut to be too overpowering but it's just perfect here, with the walnut and cocoa. It's got a dry sweetness to it that I find most comforting on a bitter, windy autumn day. I'd love a bottle of just this one scent.

Lasted: Most of the day.

Rating: 5 out of 5

Pumpkin Patch 2.

In the bottle: Chocolate hazelnut goodness.

On me/wet: A deep chocolate, but the pumpkin and nuts add a touch of sweetness.

Drydown: It's really pleasant, sweet and foody without being cloying. :P I can't pick out the individual notes anymore, but get a general feeling of "nuttiness".

This has gotten a little sweeter over the last hour or so, but the scent hasn't changed appreciably otherwise. It's very nice.

Edited by scourgeotheseas

The hazelnut stuck with me on this one. Mixed with the cocoa, I got hungry for Nutella. As the "Nutella" scent faded a sweet pumpkin came through. This was the most delicious scent of the bunch!

This one smelled really nice in the bottle, it was a dusty chocolate smell (reminded me of a really buttery hot chocolate!) but on my skin it just didn't do anything and just smelled like Jack

Wet this is cocoa and something sweet. When first on this is light cocoa with a hint of spice and pumpkin- warm, cozy and sweet. After a couple of hours I can smell the hazelnut. This is really lovely! A soft, comforting, warm scent. It makes me want to cuddle or sip a nice cup of cocoa and watch the snow falling outside. Simply wonderful!! :P

I think the first time I tried this, there was more cocoa, but I can't remember. The subsequent times I've tried this, Pumpkin Patch 2 has started out with a great deal of chocolate dessert pumpkin, then the chocolate has faded away, leaving something that smells a great deal like Jack, except with less peach. PP2 smells very tart and strong, and it honest to goodness smells like Jack, which makes me think there might be peach in this. I actually like this Pumpkin Patch! Although I wish the cocoa would stay a bit longer....

In the bottle and on my skin, the hazelnut is the most dominant. This is very much like Gluttony with a little something extra. I know it's pumpkin because I've read the description, but smelling it doesn't really remind me of pumpkin so much as just some sort of mellow spice undertone.

Very warm and cozy smelling.

I dont get much pumpkin, just cocoa and nuttiness. The cocoa isnt too sweet, more like a dark chocolate you'd bake with. The hazelnut and walnut add an earthiness to it thats very nice. :P