Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with apple cider and mulling spice.

Wet this is sweet fruits and spice. When first on this is spicy apple cider with a funny bubblegum note! It also smells like very sweet potpourri and I'm not sure about this stage of it. This softens a bit but is still quite sweet. On the drydown it's actually very nice- creamy and softly sweet. I'll have to try this again and see if it really is too sweet for me. Edited by Shollin

I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said about PP#1.

To my nose, it's The Hesperides, Harvest Moon '05, and Jack blended together.

And in ascending order of smell-strength: I.E. The apples/apple cider smell is the strongest, then the mulling spices I recognize from Harvest Moon (powdery, fresh-grated baking cinamon, not red-hots -- thankfully). On me, there is only a small hint of Jack's pumpkin -- I smell it most of all right out of the bottle, and it disappears almost entirely on application.

Actually, as it develops, the spices might rival the apples for prevelence. Either way, it's quite a yummy autumnal scent. I will be trying to swap off PP#5 for this one!

I had such high hopes for this.

Pumpkin Patch 1 starts out as apple and mulling spices over a hint of pumpkin. Shortly after, this starts to smell of...apple cinnamon potpourri. Ack. No pumpkin, very little apple, just that potpourri scent. It also smells a bit like a craft store during the holiday season. I can pick up the "holly berry" scent and a bit of cranberry. Then, this is gone after three hours. Ah well, I suppose it's better that this didn't work out on me, because it probably would be hard to get a bottle of this anyway.

Upon application, the mulling spices are the strongest component of the blend. It's a very warm, cozy scent. After an hour or so, the cider peeks out a bit along with the pumpkin. The spices are still dominant, but nowhere near as strong as when wet.

This is a very comforting blend. It makes me think of autumn, which is by far my favorite season. Just lovely. :P

This is, for me, a combination of Jack and Harvest Moon '05, without the notes that didnt quite work on me. It isnt as buttery as Jack. Just pure, warm pumpkin. And its the apple and spice of Harvest Moon without the florals.

Its spicy, sweet, warm and cozy. I think my sweetie is going to adore this one.

In the bottle: Very spicy pumpkin, rather vegetal, with a buttery scent in the background and a vague scent of apples.

Wet: Very much the same as in the bottle, with the apple coming through quite clearly now - it smells like a green, crisp apple.

Drydown: Baked apples and cinnamon, with a tiny touch of butter. At first it overpowered the pumpkin, but now it's coming through very slightly, a gentle pumpkin pie scent. It tapers off into a vegetal, slightly aquatic note which reminds me much more of fresh pumpkin, before disappearing.

Overall: A discrete, pleasant foody scent. It disappears very fast, though, unfortunately, and hardly has any throw. Hmm, enjoyable, but probably not me. I'd really prefer my pumpkin not that foody (I like the end notes of this best), and it really doesn't have any hold on my skin.

This is the PP blend that everyone just knew that they were going to adore, and it is wonderfully perfectly autumn, warm and juicy and appley, without going overboard. There is almost a little too much butter in here for me and I doubt I will use up more than my decant, but it is a lovely blend, so long as it behaves (I could use a tad more spice, too, but that could just be me...).

Edited by emzebel

in the bottle: sweet pumpkin.

wet on skin: I was so certain that I would love this one, as I'm a great fan of spicy pumpkin scents. But, I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. I don't dislike it, per se, but I'm not in love like I thought I would be. It just smells like a slightly amped up Jack to me. At least, on my skin. When it's in the bottle with the lid closed, it smells absolute divine. However, once it gets opened, all that happiness goes away.

dry: this warms up, with the apple pushing its way into the foreground, which is very nice. The buttery scent that seems to follow all pumpkin scents isn't exactly my favourite thing in the world and the apple cider seems to shove it out of the way. I'm unsure if I'm going to keep this or not. I don't think I'll wear it, but I'm loathe to swap or sell it.

In the bottle ~ APPLES. :D

Wet ~ APPLES. No pumpkin... :D

On the drydown ~ Sort of mellows to a tame applesauce fragrance... which would be great if I wanted to smell like applesauce.

(About 3 hours into wearing this I pick up a distinct flower aroma, too... so I get flowers and apples... but no pumpkin.)

:P

In the imp: Buttery with a juicy fruit underneath. Sweetness like apple pie or an apple tart.

Wet: The fruit takes center stage, nice and juicy apple. Then the spices come out, lightly spiced. Just cinnamon and nutmeg. Like a Yankee Apple Spice candle or lukewarm apple cider.

Dry: Very much a spicy apple scent after a while, the buttery pumpkin pretty much disappeared on my skin in this blend other than a rich afterthought.

Category: Spiced apple/autumn/foody

Rating: 2.5/5, won't wear again but nice for room scent

Overall: It's a very warm blend and comforting like a down blanket and a cup of cider with a movie. Very much a Thanksgiving scent, though and too specific for everyday use.

In Bottle: Thanksgiving!

On Skin: The pumkin is softer here, while the apple cider is dominant. Having a nice slice of pumkin pie and a big mug of warmed spiced apple cider! I smell cloves and a light nutmeg. I would also like this as a room scent, so pretty!

I'm so glad I went ahead and splurged for the Pumpkin Patch. This is just as delicious as the reviews described. There's a mustiness with the pumpkin scents that I get at first, but it soon fades away and leaves just the most wonderful spicy apple cider smell backed up by baked pumpkin. Yum. This is perfect for cold days wrapped up in fuzzy sweaters.

My first review! I can't find the alleged sticky that you're supposed to read before reviewing so I hope I'm not breaking any rules.

turbojenn was nice enough to send me several imps while I'm waiting on an order, and Pumpkin Patch 1 was included. I was hopeful for this one, but it doesn't quite work for me for a few reasons. Upon opening the imp I can smell pumpkin quite strongly, but as soon as it goes on all trace of pumpkin disappears and while wet on my skin and long after drying it smells very strongly of cider and cinnamon. Mostly cinnamon, and I seem to be allergic! I've long suspected that I'm allergic to cinnamon because when I eat a lot of it my tongue swells up. This gave me a headache and eventually nausea*, so now I'm sad. :P It smells very nice, but I can't wear it because my skin amps up the cinnamon so much.

* - unless I suddenly need glasses and don't know it. Heh.

First impression in the imp is overwhelming fake butter, like they provide at movie theaters for you to pump over your popcorn. Ugh. Disgusting. The first time I opened it (several weeks ago), the smell made me nauseous, which is why I hadn't tried it yet despite being really curious about it.

On my wrists, the butter smell (it must be what most other people smell as pumpkin, because I got the same nasty fake butter smell from Jack) thankfully goes away, and the spices come out. In fact, it smells like a spiced candle. Cinnamon is definitely softly in there, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was nutmeg and clove as well. Still, it smells like I rolled a spiced candle over my wrists. No pumpkin smell and no apple smell, either. :D I can understand how this one would be nice as a room scent for most people, but I wouldn't want to take my chances with the fake butter smell permeating my room. Ah well, time to continue the search for scents that smell like apple cider with mulling spices. :P

In the Imp: Pumpkin spice with a touch of apples

On wet: First on uh oh! Plasticy fruit and pumpkin, please change!! Oh thank GOD now its turning to cinnamon apple but its sort of at a Fall Candle scent. Rich, warm and super heavy. As the pumpkin scent comes up the heady Cinnamon candle smell mellows out.

Drydown: I am so conflicted on this one. I both like it and thing it smells too much like a candle shop (not a good thing). It has a nice spice to it but the pumpkin seems to be wobbling between nice and a waxy plastic scent. This is one that will need a retest.

First sniff: Pumpkin and apple and spice, oh my! Exactly as described. It smells like bright autumn.

Wearing: Ooh. It’s more pumpkin-y on my skin, and the apple is even crisper. It’s an unusual scent and I adore it.

I received my order of the Pumpkin Patch and received them from the Lab in November, and I'm only now trying them on. Heh.

In the bottle, there's a buttery pumpkin smell, like a piece of buttered, fresh from the oven pumpkin bread, with a some of the apples and spices peeking through.

Wet and through drydown, the apples perk up, making it smell like my kitchen does when a pumpkin pie is cooling next to the oven and there's mulled cider brewing in the crock pot.

It's some of the best scents of fall and early winter, all in one bottle. :P

In the bottle - Pumpkin and sour apples.

Wet on me - Something like tea, but with the apples behind it, getting sweeter so it smell like Haribo.

Dry on me - Sweet like candy, but with more butter. Occassional wafts of ashes, but on the whole quite nice.

Delicious mulled apple cider - highly spiced. The spices are what I can smell the most, with a cooked apple note (not a fresh one like The Hesperides). I can't really smell the pumpkin a whole lot, but it adds a slight buttery note to this one, and all the Pumpkin Patch scents. This is my favourite out of the bunch, and perfect for cold blustery days.

Yum. Cinnamon apples - a comfort scent. The pumpkin adds a deep, wet, undertone to this - like hot gooey cinnamon buns. Another good one to wear when you're pulled over for speeding .

This one is so perfect. Sweet, sweet apples with a soft, creamy pumpkin underneath. Sharp slivers of spices dancing all around. Reminds me of a beautiful day in late September.

In the imp: lots of spiced pumpkin, and freshly-sliced apples.

On me, wet: lots of fresh, juicy, apple with a hint of spicy cinnamon. The SO says it smells a bit sour to him.

On me, dry: ech, the pumpkin came through, but in a watery, pulpy, rotten way. What's left of the apple is all brown and nasty too. :P Where did all the freshness go? Sigh.

Verdict: I could smell it withering and becoming a rotten mess on my skin, all sour and icky. Not one I'll be keeping around.

Pumpkin Patch #1 - This is for the one with apple cider and mulling spices. When I first apply this, I really like it! The pumpkin is the strongest note, and although pumpkin rarely works on me, this one smells really warm, buttery, sweet, and good. However, within the first minute or two, the spices in the scent start to burn my skin terribly. I manage to put up with the burning (which dissipated around the 20-30 minute mark), but the apple cider scent is a very strange combination with the pumpkin. While the pumpkin is warm and rich, the apple cider smells hollow and a touch rancid. The notes are very distinct and don’t seem to blend well with each other at all. Around the time the burning sensation goes away, the oil also gains a strong plastic scent – something I only get with bakery-type foody scents, so I’m surprised this scent turns into plastic on me. I don’t see myself wearing this one again.