Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Orodemniades

Spice me, baby! The spiciest BPAL blends

Thanks guys! I'm thinking Scheherazade and Morocco are likely choices, and a few others sound tempting as well, but I can't decide... Well, I have no money at the moment, so I guess I have a couple of weeks to figure it out at least!

If anyone else has any more suggestions, keep 'em coming :D

I love Scherezade!

Morocco was a bit too sweet for me in the long run...but body chemistry being what it is...I'd give it a shot if I were you :D

I second Three Witches though. it's pure cinnamon/clove/pepper. Great autumn scent! (it's harder to find, but you can find some to sample in the swaps section or on ebay)

Since it sounds like we like some of the same things (I tend to lean towards spicy & musk) ...I'd also suggest trying these too when you can:

Wolf's Heart

Sin

Kathmandu

Coyote

Al-Shairan (for something lighter)

Silk Road

Blood Moon!! (discontinued - so harder to find now)

Fox

P.S. - Swap section is your friend :P you can find some good deals there ^^

You must try Tintagel (spicy mulled wine flowing through the musky heat, warm leather and bright clash of armor, the damp branches of Cornish hawthorn, blackthorn, juniper, English elm and bayberry, and the magical tingle of dragon's blood resin). I tried it for the first time today and I am in love with the cinnamon-musk-dragon's blood combo.

I second Frumious Bandersnatch, which is a spicy, plummy wonderfulness on me and is fast becoming my new favorite scent. I was frimped some Khephra (from the Liber Resh Vel Helios bunch) by the lab, and it smells so spicy and clove-y that I can taste it in the back of my throat when I wear it (this is a *good* thing, surprisingly). Both of them are lovely warm scents for fall.

I'm going to recommend The Phantom Calliope (Carnaval Diabolique), which I just got finished testing. On me, this dried down into a very spicy cardamom scent, with wafts of cinnamon (though that isn't a listed note).

A strong, invigoratingly spicy scent is Bloodlust (Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.). Despite the claim that it contains 'a drop of cinnamon', the cinnamon is very dominant on me with this scent.

Sin is also a very good reccomendation in the same scent family (Thouroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon). The patchouli was not noticable for me in this one. Its a simple combination of notes but lovely, I would definately reccomend this one.

Bengal is foody, sugary spice on my skin chemistry, I would reccomend trying that as well.

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

A strong, invigoratingly spicy scent is Bloodlust (Dragon's blood essence, heavy red musk, Indonesian patchouli and swarthy vetiver with a drop of cinnamon.). Despite the claim that it contains 'a drop of cinnamon', the cinnamon is very dominant on me with this scent.

Court

i sent her an imp of it with some others for her bday, she likes it. i wish i could wear it, it sounds so pretty and the name is special to me.

it seemed like a lovely oil to wear, if i could handle the patchouli. damn you respiratory problems!

I'm also a spice lover, so this thread attracted me. Out of the newer scents I can recommend Tanin'iver. Spicy cinnamon-ish cassia, and dragon's blood that stays resinous and doesn't go to loud, plasticy lilacs on me. :P

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is The High Priest Not To Be Described- Monastic incense, blood musk, black leather, cypress, pimento, white pepper, and Roman chamomile.

I got cassia from this too, though it's not listed and on me it smelled like musky, spicy incense with a touch of leather.

A couple other darker/musky spicy scents I ran across were Blood Moon, Red Phoenix, and Tintagel. Eclipse and Silk Road were mostly pure spice on me with no other grounding notes coming out. And you might want to try Blood Kiss- though it isn't mega spicy like some other blends, it's a musky, earthy, slightly sweet scent dusted with cloves.

I find And There Was a Great Cry In Egypt to be very resinous and spicey - it's not a cinnamon or pepper spice but the spice is there. It's more incense than musk but it might appeal to you.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Three Witches:

"Warm cinnamon, husky clove and white pepper."

Very warm and spicey and just all pepper and cinnamon to me.

Although it was discontinued, again, so it maybe hard to find. I personally only have a decanted imp of it.

OK - I love scherezade - so much that I ordered it as my first big bottle (hurray!). I also really love fruity scents. But I already see so many bottles of fruity scents in my future purchases (the hanging gardens, blood countess, persephone, swank) - that I would prefer to balance out my (future) collection with another spicy scent. I want something like scherezade - something very mysterious and very spicy with some throw. Possibly with more throw than scherezade. I don't know what note screams mysterious sex kitten, but that's what I want. Any ideas? Thank you darlings!

Bengal is the first thing that comes to mind, followed by Baghdad. Serpent's Kiss might work for that one, too, depending on how you do with vetiver. One you absolutely must try is The Lion- spicy ambery wonderfulness. Tanin'iver is great if dragon's blood works on you- it's a bit sweeter than Scherezade, but it's still a great spicy blend. Good luck!

Lust, Urd, Morocco, The High Priest Not To Be Described, come to mind.

I like the red musk in Scherezade, you might like other blends that contain that as a main ingredient, but High Priest is especially groovy as a combo of spice and red musk, I found.

The "short guide to common recommendations" has good threads on cinnamon and clove scents.

If you're looking for another saffron scent (that's the main spice I get in Scherezade) you might try Oblivion - very dark-spicy.

And if you want Scherezade's muskiness combined with the fig and pomegranate of the fruity scents you've mentioned, you must try Mme. Moriarty, Misfortune Teller.

mmmmmmmmm - they all sound so good. Mme. Moriarty seems like a must have for me. Where is this Urd you speak of? I looked it up in the search engine, and it was a no-go. Thank you for all the wonderful recs! (come soon, payday)

Urd is in Excolo, under the Norns. I would strongly second Mme. Moriarty!

If you like the red musk, I'd encourage you to try Hollywood Babylon and Hell's Belle. Hollywood Babylon is fruity and musky and Hell's Belle is a spicy musk that didn't have a whole lot of floral on my skin, as I recall- just light floral and my review reminded me that it was what I'd hoped Scherezade would be, so there must be some similarity!

ETA: I almost forgot! I came back to recommend that you try Devil's Night! It's not like Scherezade, but it seems like something you might like.

Edited by cordia

I definitely second (or third maybe) Bengal and Madame Moriarty for spicy goodness. Also, if you like red musk and fruit, Mania is a wonderful new blend which has both.

I am also a lover of Scherezade...it's my all time fav still. I havn't found anything *super* similar, but I have found some other spicy or dark sexy ones that I love.

Bengal - great for a "daytime" spicy :P very light and not really anything like Scherezade except for that spice...but give it a shot!

Mme Moriarty - give it a go...it didn't rock my world, but it was a good scent

Sin & Wolf's Heart - both of these are darker on the sexy scale...closer to Scherezade in the "dark" scale, neither had that "spice" to it.

The Lion - another lighter "spice" scent that I find a good "daytime" scent

Dragon's Musk - all darkly musk love :D - If you didn't like Wolf's Heart, you probably won't like this one...to me they are very similar

High Priest Not To Be Described - I tried it at a swap meet, I remember liking it alot and I'm still trying to get my own :D

Bewitched - not musky or dark...but a good fruity one to try

Silk Road, Morocco, Samhain 06 and Devils Night...pretty much anything else mentioned here I'd give a try. Good to find out what works or dosn't <laughs>

Give Great Cry in Egypt a try. It's very similar to Scherezade with it's saffron and red musk, but with added woods and resins.

I second Hollywood Babylon if you'd like a sweeter red musk. I also second Sin which, though not listed, smells like there's red musk in it. And maybe Bastet, which is spicy amber-musk with almonds, less spicy than Schez though.