Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The shadowy, fitful scent of nightmare, rife with ill-omen: osmanthus and tuberose over pulsating, heated skin musk, spiked carnation, night phlox and vesper iris.

whereas the Sleeper doesn't work even a teensy bit on my skin, Dreamland is just gorgeous. It's sweet and lovely, ethereal and delicate.

i cant really describe it better than that. sorry!

n.

I couldn't believe that this doesn't have gardenia as a note. In the bottle it smells like a strong, heavy, pungent white floral. On my skin it is GARDENIA. My mom will absolutely love this. I poured half the bottle into some unscented lotion for her. I like it myself.

ETA: I forgot to add that she LOVED it! She wants more.

Edited by brownbear

I think, out of all the Demon in my View scents, Dreamland is my favourite.

It's much more playful than I'd imagined it to be - fruity, with a hint of floral.

At the present time, about ten minutes into drydown, there is a lot of melon. Glorious, ripe, honeydew and cantaloupe. (I've never smelled a melon quite this accurate, so needless to say, I'm very pleased - I almost want to layer this with Fruit Moon to see what happens. A melon and grapefruit party, maybe? Fruit salad? :P )

There is a soft, powdery edge to it that takes off the crispness and lends to an aura of something almost wipsy and surreal.

It's happy without being in your face, and calm without being somnolent.

5/5

I think I might need another bottle for the summer.

I love it.

my initial impressions was violets, which is odd.

but with a kick up the arse, and a proper sniff.

Tuberose, my beloved Tuberose, in your face and sweet and heady and dizzying

Dear Gods I love white florals. you can see why so many white flowers are used to cover the smell of rotting bodies. it's just so overpowering.

this is just lots of heady lovely evening blooming flowers. like Chiroptera should have been.

In the bottle: violets and water

Applied: the initial flowers are all blue: violets and lilacs, and then I can definitely smell the lilies. So far the aquatic notes are staying, but the violets and lilacs have disappeared and something is starting to cloy. That only lasts for a few minutes, though, and then I can smell the carnation come in, and that seems to blend everything together.

The throw is fairly light soon after first application, which makes me think that it will probably completely disappear within an hour or so. However, this would be a great one for before bed, I think, and I’m going to test that theory right now. I do like how this manages to stay “watery” smelling on me, while a lot of similar oils to this one don’t.

(Upon awakening: I did have a good sex dream! It involved lost love at the end, though.)

On a scale of 1 to 5: 3.5

Dreamland is like a perfect bouquet of pink creamy florals on me. Although the tuberose is really strong at first, it backs off and I get an incredibly well-blended floral that's very smooth and soothing. The skin musk makes it subtly sexy.

This bottle is getting stashed away for the spring alongside Beltane and Pink Moon.

I've been looking for the perfect tuberose, and this came very close. It is a sensual, musky tuberose, with carnatioin in the background. Something gives it a slight bitterness/sharpness that I don't like, however, and interferes with the creaminess of the tuberose. I really debated on this one, and ultimately sent it off to another forumite.

This is so pretty! Even though its florals and I don't usually like those, I love this. I can't pick out a lot of the individual notes, but this smells just like the gardenia bush in my back yard. When it starts to get warm, it scents the entire backyard.

This is a very creamy floral scent. I'm starting to think I should have gotten a bottle of this instead of Lady of Shallot for my mother

Lovely floral! There's just a touch of something green in it to keep the sweetness of the flowers from spiraling into "cloying" territory. There's definitely a gardenia note in this because for a good part of the drydown I kept getting wafts that smelled exactly like the drydown of Monyette Paris. Very, very nice and got a "You smell good!" from both my husband and daughter... yay!

Creamy sweet gardenias and SEX.

Delicate and feminine with a *hint* of something "naughty" underneath.

Another winning blend from the "Demon in my View" collection!

Dear Beth --

Thank you for making a floral I can wear. I love Dreamland with the desire of a thousand suns. On me, I smell the osmanthus and the phlox mostly, with just a warm touch of the musk beneath it. It's my skin, but better. It's perfect and beautiful, and god, thank you. It's like Pink Moon without the candy and it's like Blue Moon without the juniper and the cucumber. So beautiful, and I love.

On first application, this is carnation sweetened with a hint of tuberose. I detect the musk as well, but I'm sadly ignorant of the other notes in the blend.

It's light but not too light, a pleasantly sharp and creamy floral to my nose. Very pretty, but not quite to my taste.

This is the first of the DiMV scents I've tried in a mad rush to test them before they're taken down.

In the vial: I get a strong hit of tuberose, which I love.

Wet on wrist: Another spike of tuberose, until it quickly recedes and all I smell is a faint mix of white florals. Not only can I not pick out any individual notes, but I can barely smell this all of a sudden! I'm sniffing all around my wrist going, "Where'd it go?"

And then the skin musk emerges....

Dry (at least 40 minutes later): *gasps* OMFG...it's my beloved Buck Moon! It takes a while, but this has gone from pale and pretty to teh sex that is Buck Moon--only floral instead of green. This has to be the same musk that drives me wild in that blend--Buck Moon's description says that it somehow amplifies one's own natural musk. And I love it beyond words. Which I think makes me a narcissist.... :P

*shrug* Oh well :D

Seriously, on me, this is Buck Moon's pretty little sister. Now I'm almost hoping I don't like any of the other DiMV blends so I can afford to stock up on Dreamland. For those of you who like florals and Buck Moon this is a must. Hurry! Before it's gone!

The second of the DiMV that I've tried.

In the imp, Mmmmmm.....dreamy white flowers!

Wet on the back of the wrist, a heady shot of lilies and tuberose. Very strong and intense!

Drying down, after a few minutes, the intensity calms and develops into a beautiful, beautiful floral blend. The tuberose is still strong on me but it's being balanced by the lilies. The musk comes out to play and softens everything up some more and just makes this a gorgeous, gorgeous scent.

Looking at my collections of scents, Dreamland is most likely the one scent I would wear to my best friend's wedding (as I'm her bridesmaid). :P Must get a bottle of this asap!

p.s. I wore this before going to bed and I woke up after the most refreshing sleep ever! And I'm currently recovering from a bout with a nasty flu so this scent totally made my night!

One passsage of the poem, "Dreamland," reads "For the heart whose woes are legion/'Tis a peaceful, soothing region." To me that is what Beth has created here. I do get the tuberose, which I remember from La Belle au Bois Dormant, very strongly and like that scent, Dreamland makes me feel peaceful, calm, and rested. It also smells just gorgeous. It is a beautiful, light, well-blended floral. It is a wedding scent, and "I want to be beautiful today" scent. So glad I decided to order it.

Many come to BPAL for foody-patchouli-musky goodness. I come to BPAL for beautifuly blended florals that smell like flowers, not alcohol and chemicals. This a perfect example of that.

I need lots of hearts: :P

Wet - tuberose!

Dry - I am not sure what specific notes I am getting, but this is a beautiful floral scent. Tuberose is front and center, but there are other flowers now. This smells like walking through a mysterious garden at night. Lovely, but probably not something I would wear enough to warrant a bottle.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 3 .

I was a little nervous about this scent, because most florals go to powder on me and I'm not a big florals person in the first place, but the "dream" theme is not something I can easily pass up, due to personal obsessions.

In the bottle: Jasmine isn't listed as a note in this, but I'm definitely smelling jasmine. Jasmine and iris. This smells white and glowy.

Wet on skin: Sweet and very flowery. This is soft, soft, soft. I'm barely smelling any rose. The jasmine has vanished, the iris came forward powerfully, and now I'm smelling a flower I can clearly picture but can't put a name to. - Vinca! Vinca flowers. Light and sweet. I'm not getting carnation out of this.

Dry on skin: There's the rose, but more delicate than most rose scents I've tried. It's drying into a heavier scent, soft and smooth. Still not the cloying nasty heaviness I associate with rose. The iris-y scent fades in and out.

Over time: Whoa! There's the carnation, very suddenly. Spicy bright carnation, and the soft musk I wasn't getting before. The rose isn't going to powder on me. The "color" of the scent has gone from delicate creamy white to vivid soft green and pink.

Overall: I like this a lot. Florals are not often my thing, but this is a very different sort of floral. Clean, green, spicy. It's a rather feminine scent, but doesn't make me feel girlie. It doesn't strike me as a nightmare, but it's my kind of dream: mercurial, shifting, exotic. Keeper, and one to keep an eye out on for sales. 4/5

Edited by Shollin

This just arrived, and I could not wait to try it.

In the bottle: A sweet and tender white floral. It smells wistful, if that makes any sense.

On me: I get mostly tuberose and iris, this is very much a white floral to me. Sad and haunting, wistful and gentle, this is the perfume of a beautiful woman who dies young and is mourned by all who know her. It's a rare "cool" scent that doesn't go chemical on me; I think the musk is keeping it from going all cattywampus.

This particular blend evokes a mood much more than many perfumes do. It makes me feel a bit sad and dreamy. So I won't wear it if I need to be cheerful and energetic. Also, it doesn't have a lot of throw on me, but my skin tends to eat scent.

Verdict: A keeper. I don't know if I will get another bottle but I will definitely keep and use this one.

Edited by Chrysantza

First Impression: A beautiful, creamy floral.

Dries down to: Doesn't change from the initial impression.

Additional Comments: I don't usually prefer floral scents but when Beth hits the mark, as she so often does, there's nothing better - and, this is one of the best. I can see this being an all-purpose floral for me. It can go to the office; then, out to dinner and finally, slip between the sheets at the end of the day. This is one I'll reach for when I'm not in a particular mood and don't know what to choose - a great, fall-back scent. I'm so glad I got a bottle. I probably should have ordered more than one, since it needs frequent reapplications.

Lasted: About 3 hours.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

This is one of my two favorite DimV scents.

In the vial, sweet springy green florals.

On my skin it changes. I get a slight powdery scent (not too much) and white florals. They swirl together and to me it makes the perfect springtime floral mix. I love, love, love what the tuberose does to this and it stays very true to a tuberose scent. I also find this scent to be very calming, grounding, and relaxing. I wouldn't expect that from a mix of light, airy florals but that's what I get.

I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars and I'm debating on buying more before they are taken away!

Imp

From the imp, this is a soft, powdery floral. I can pick out the tuberose and carnation out fairly well. The blend smell quite pretty.

Wet

Across the skin, this smells creamy and slightly warm. I know this is a floral note that I have smelt before. The blend either quickly overloads my senses or it is extremely light. Not that it matters because this wisped away on me. I can smell it, but it smells as if 5 hours have passed already.

Dry

The throw on this is still quite weak. It is very pretty, but not a blend I prefer in light of other BPAL. If you want a very well blended and delicate floral, this one is for you.

This smells creamy and off-white, if it had a color. Off-white lying next to something pink. I can't pick out any particular flowers, it just smells pretty and dreamy--reminds me of the day my lover and I fell asleep on the soft, lush green grass in a park, with gentle sunlight all around us. It automatically brings up sweet, hazy memories like that.

This is a good choice for everyday, as its very soft and won't offend others. Smells floral but light--a rare combo!

at first: this is a bit floral, but there's something off about it. almost a sour note.

on: lots and lots of sweet, wet tuberose.

1 hour later: a sweet, complicated floral. lots of different flowers.

3 hours later: a nice combination of flowers. a bit powdery and a bit sweet.

overall: this is a nice blend, but not something i'd wear often.

A light/ sweet floral. I have to admit I am not that familiar with most of the ingredients, but I think the top note on me is the tuberose. It's a floral, but not in a traditional way. It's much earthier and "greener" than I normally expect a floral to be. There is a bit of a "bite," but it manages to stay soft. Overall a nice scent, but probably not one I'd wear very often.

Origin:

Imp from my Imp Pimp, Diana. :P

Preconceived notions:

I love the name, but the notes aren't for me. I really, truly hate florals and Dreamland is chocked full of them. :D

First sniff:

A clean, white floral blend, not heady and headache-inducing the way jasmine can be. This reminds me of an expensive designer perfume for some reason. It's not bad as far as florals go, but it's not for me.

Wet on skin:

A soft, clean white smelling floral with a touch of muskiness. Something in here is going a bit sour on my skin (I can smell it changing already), but I have no idea what it is since I almost never wear floral scents.

Dry down:

The carnation is coming out a bit now, but this is still mainly a soft, white floral. Rather unassuming and quiet smelling.

The bottom line:

Not for me because it's an intensely floral blend, but pretty enough in its own way.