Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TRICK OR TREAT

The sticky sweet scent of candy corn!

In the vial: Candy corn.

Wet: Sugar and butter and ... black pepper! Yuck!

Drydown: Ew. Burnt sugar and rancid butter and black pepper.

Dry: Scrubbed my wrist raw to get it off me. I am so not a foody. What's even worse -- it last 18 hours, even after the scrubbing!!! :P

Edited by Shollin

Ah, Trick or Treat. I ignore you, yet now that I revisit you, you're amazing. Spicy foody gorgeousness. There's this wonderful under-scent that is like a fluffy, light cake, or something. Actually what comes to mind, and this is kind of odd, but it makes me think of a cruller donut, with a spiced glaze. It's very sugary definitely, but the spiciness cuts the sweetness perfectly. And its an airy sweetness, not heavy or too strong.

Also, I think it's improved over time- I don't remember it being remotely this gorgeous when I first got it, sometime in February. I actually just tucked it away in my BPAL Drawer of Aging and forgot about it, after kind of going "meh". Now I'm going to have to troll for more! Its so lovely now and perfect for fall with the spiciness it has- I'm thinking nutmeg for sure, possibly some cinnamon and luckily for me, if there's any cassia it's impossible to pinpoint.

5 out of 5, need more!

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Beth hit the nail on the head! This truly does smell like candy corn in the bottle!

It's quite sweet on.

I think I prefer it as a room scent. Great for Samhain!

I considered getting a bottle of this during the Halloween set. I'm so glad I didn't. In the imp, this had a bit of the 'stale cigarette' smell that some of the sweet blends have had. Baaad omen.

On my skin, thankfully, it didn't smell like cigarettes, but it wasn't good.

There was the burnt sugar note of Sugar Skull, but overlaid on it was some horrible - familiar, yet horrible - top note. Corn? I dunno. But my teenager took one sniff and yelled, "Unclean, unclean!"

Six hours later, I happened to whiff the place where I dabbed it, and...wow. Sweet, sugary goodness. It really does smell like candy corn! If only it had smelled like this to begin with. ::sigh::

Obviously not for me.

I expected this to be all sugary and foody but it's almost all spice on my skin.Sweet spices,but spices none the less :P

I've no idea what candy corn is meant to smell like, as we don't have it here. Until I Googled it, I assumed it was something like Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs (popcorn covered in toffee stuff that is hard to find these days), but I'm wrong!

In the vial I can smell a very sticky sweet scent, perhaps with corn behind it? There is some scent that is savoury behind the sweetness. On my skin, on the other hand, it ends up smelling like sweetened condensed milk with spices! It reminds me a lot of Jack on my skin. Mmm, yummy!

Edited by kunoichi

i do consider myself a "non-foodie". But candy corn are my favorite... and, even after not particularly liking this when just sniffed at a M&S, I still felt drawn to it... like it was wrong for me not to give it a fair shot. LOL. So, well, I got an imp... and it is growing on me? :D

VERY sweet... butter-y. Butter-y in the Underpants way, the way that makes me not like it... but, luckily, that tones down...and it is really just a sugared candy, with something heavy holding it down. Like caramel (no, it doesn't SMELL like caramel, but it is like caramel in that it is sweet... but still has something heavy in the scent... separating it from pure sweetness)? Am I even making sense here :P

This scent lasts a LONG time, too! I will definitely wear it a few times, to be sure it isn't the best scent ever. I am expecting it to be that, damn it! :D

Trick or Treat - This smells absolutely nothing like Candy Corn, but it still smells wonderful! I don't normally like the sticky-sweet sugar-foody scents, but this one is wonderful! It's warm and buttery, full of brown sugar, with a touch of maple syrup. It's got the tiniest hint of butterscotch in it, as well. It smells so good I can't stop sniffing my skin! Despite being sweet and sugary, it's also a very comforting blend. When I wear it, I feel warm and happy. The throw is moderate, but the staying power -- at least on me -- is very poor. It completely fades within 30 minutes. If Beth releases something like again this coming Fall, I will probably buy a bottle and use it predominantly in my oil burner to make my entire home smell like this warm sweetness.

At first Trick or Treat has sugar and cinnamon and caramel. After a couple hours the sugar hangs around with maybe a little vanilla. Very sweet, foody, and undemanding: a good relax on the weekend scent. As an added attraction it has an adorable label.

Edited by themerrybaker

Wet, it's all honey and wax -- strong, but not subtle, and not exactly candy corn.

Once it dries, however, it becomes a dusty sweetness directly on the skin, which somehow translates into a tromp l'eye for the nose -- 'out of the corner of the nose', it smells exactly like good candy corn, all wax and honey and sticky sweetness.

I could not love this more.

in the bottle: it smells like a sweet candy corn, the fresh kind that you get from the bulk food area in the grocery store.

wet on the skin: it stays the same! The smell amps a lot stronger and I am surrounded by the fun memories of Halloweens of my childhood.

drydown: this has staying power on me and does not ever change from bottle to drydown. It stays the sweet, lovely scent of Candy corn.

This is my favorite and I wear it more than any other BPAL scent. I do think I may start hoarding this one.. I couldn't ever imagine life without Trick or Treat.

I love this blend. This is amazing.

In the bottle it smells like candy corn, but also kind of like maple candy. It has a sort of baked quality to it that I find irresistable.

On the skin it remains fairly static, but goes through a slightly plastic phase in the first 15 minutes, then dries down to... Pancakes and maple syrup. And candy corn. Mmm...

Definitely in my top ten favorites.

Trick or Treat

In the Bottle and Wet on Skin: Candy Corn? How come I smell pumpkin pie? Starting from a golden buttery crust then the creamy pumpkin puree with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and a dollop of whipped cream. This is delicious, but nothing like what I was expecting. How did Beth get a slice of pie into this tiny little bottle?

Dry Down: This smells like the Spice Chai Tea Lattes I get at the Nordstrom's coffeeshop - creamy, warm and spicy. Quite nice!

As it continues to morph - Oooh, there's the candy! Can't say it's candy corn, but it's sweeter now, creamy and spicy. Not bad at all!

Overall this is a yummy Halloween blend, staying power isn't all that great, but definitely worth trying. Oh, and the label is just adorable!

Edited by nannan45

This is a warm slice of pumpkin pie and it makes me want to top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but I'm not going to do that. To me, it doesn't smell like candy corn at all, but I like it.

First sniff: Yup, that’s candy corn. It smells like the taste of candy corn, and that weird texture candy corn has. Bright orange, almost buttery, and too sweet. It actually reminds me a bit of Midway – it has the same sweet rich buttery thing going on.

Wearing: All the foody girls need to try this. On my skin it instantly develops an awesome spice note that was completely absent from the bottle. So now it’s rich and sweet and just a little bit spicy and all-around AWESOME.

This doesn't smell like candy corn at all to me, but it is a candyish scent. It's also slightly spicy, slightly creamy, and completely delicious. It is an understated scent for something so foody, and its lasting power is about average for me. I really like this one a lot, and I'm happy I was able to swap for two bottles. I'll definitely keep at least one of them. :P

Trick or Treat-

In Bottle: Mm! Sugary candy and a little fruity; not quite like candy corn but delicious.

Wet: Sweet and fruity.

Dry: Oh, I'm sorry how fast this is gone! Well, it didn't get musty on me. :P At least I'll use it when I want something subtle and yummy.

Overall: I really like and wish it lasted longer.

Mmmmm...warm sweet gooey sugary sweetness.....the throw is very sugary with just a hint of spice, like maybe cinnamon. Really up close, like if put my nose right up to my skin, there is some kind of plasticky note...but not enough to put me off the scent at all. I love it!

The thing is, since Sugar Skull is available right now, I'll probably just go with that instead of seeking a bottle of Trick or Treat. They are different, but not so different that I need both. Both have a great sugary smell that I love, and one or the other is enough for me! And big thanks to Shollin for giving me the chance to try Trick or Treat.

Buttery! Not really the waxy sugar-scent of Brach's candy corn. More like some strange homemade recipe: butter, brown sugar, a touch of spice, and something dark and almost boozy-sweet. Very October, and very nice. Feels like it needs a little edge, but I can add just a touch of other scents for layering. The result is pure Halloween. :P

Milky butter right out of the bottle!

On my skin this sweetens up a lot...more of a sweet milk now with a hint of corn in the background.

This isn't exactly candy corn to me, but I can see how all the notes make sense.

This is perhaps, a bit too milky for me, it turns a bit sour on the dry down 9much like beaver Moon did on me). There's just something in this that hates my skin!

Candy Corn is my favorite Halloween candy. Sadly, this smelled nothing like candy corn to me. In the vial it was pure, thick sugar. Kind of like the sugary goop you get at the bottom of a glass of sweet tea that hasn't been mixed well.

Once on, it quickly burst out with cinnamon. I smelled a good deal like Big Red gum.

As it dried, it smelled like light cinnamon with a slightly smoky undertone.

Now, hours later, there is a faint sweet smell on my wrists. I have to really sniff to smell it though. Pity, that's the smell I wanted all along, and now it's too light to smell. *sigh*

Off to the sale post or swap pile.

This really smells nothing like candy corn, and it smells completely different in the bottle than it does on the skin. In the bottle its sickly sweet and alcoholy, but on the skin it dries down into a dry, spicy, sweet scent. It's totally my replacement for the much more rare/sought-after Beaver Moon. I think they smell the same on my skin. Give me all your Trick or Treat!

In the bottle: Candy corn and rum

On my skin: burned sugar and creamy candy corn

Later: Minty Candy corn with something plastic-like

This is old and the throw is minimal, but layered with something it might be quite nice. The plastic-ness seems Halloweeny, not fake. Like a plastic bucket filled with candies.