Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Wrath

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

I had to wash Wrath off. One drop of it on my wrists and neck was enough to fill two rooms and a hallway with its pungency. Yet I love Bengal, another cinnamon/pepper/clove combination. Bengal is a sinuous clarinet. Wrath is a trumpet.

Fresh on, it's clean pepper soap, can smell the cinnamon ever so gently in the background, but I’m not sure I like it being there even though I love cinnamon. Then it transforms to soapy cinnamon, which gave me another BPAL headache – it’s been a bad week! Has good staying power, but it’s too spicy for me. And the pepper disappears fast on my skin, too. Swap pile!

This kind of smells plastic like, but also like red hots.

I'm definately getting the cinnamon and clove, with just a tiny bit of dragon's blood. i guess this smells the most like a cinnamon candle.

I think, as much as I hate to, I am finally going to have to admit that dragon's blood doesn't work on me. I love cinnamony-spicy blends and I was very much looking forward to trying Wrath.

Unfortunately, though the spiciness was wonderful, the dragon's blood turned sickeningly sweet, in a rotting, overripe way. This is one of very few blends I've ever had to wash off. I'll be avoiding blends with prominent dragon's blood in the future, as Blood did the same thing on me.

Edited by elphaba

Wrath in the vial is hyper cinnamon,reminds me of cinnamon gum or toothpaste.As it drys it is more reminescent of some cinnamon candy,it becomes sweeter.

After being dry for a few hours it is very sweet and much softer,the cinnamon is gone completely.The dragons blood and violets must come together for a very softly lined dragon's nest.Any initial wrath is gone.

Violet often leaves me with an old lady grandmother feeling,this definitely does not.I can't say I love it and will buy a bigger bottle,but I will hold on to the imp.

OOps,there's no violet in here,just very soft dragon's blood.

Edited by spidersinmyhair

In the bottle, Wrath is very spicy. I can't smell the dragon's blood at all.

Wet, it smells like Big Red gum, but I was expecting that - cinnamon always starts off like that on me, overwhelming everything else. After about 15 minutes, it stops smelling like gum, and becomes much warmer and mellower.

Dry, I can now smell the dragon's blood, sweetening the whole scent. The cloves are definitely there, and the pepper is faintly in the background. The whole thing smells warm and comforting - not what I was expecting from a scent called Wrath!

The scent is really, really nice, and could quickly become one of my favorites - if it didn't fade after about an hour of wearing it. Within an hour and a half, I have to practically inhale my entire wrist to get any scent, and after two, there's absolutely nothing there.

This is the first time I've had this problem, so I don't know what note or base causes it yet - I'm disappointed, because I really like the scent, but I'm not willing to reapply every hour, especially not with the Big Red gum phase.

On me, Wrath starts out as a balanced blend of cinnamon and pepper with a hint of clove. I don't know dragon's blood well enough to pick it out yet, so if it's there I can't tell. As the oil dries the pepper and clove come out a bit more, and the cinnamon fades to the back. After a few minutes, it starts to turn soapy. It doesn't have much throw on me, and after 15 minutes I can't smell it anymore. This is the 4th time today I've applied Wrath, and it keeps disappearing! I would like this a lot better if it would last longer and not go soapy on my skin. Darn chemistry.

Alert, frimp luv'n! :D

In the bottle: Plastic and spice?

Wet: Cinnamon, no pepper, no clove. :P

Dry down: Cinnamon.

30 minutes: Cinnamon, not cheap hobby store cinnamon or red hots. The real stuff.

Over an hour: Incense. This faded into a nice incense type smell.

Conclusion: I like this. It is a nice cinnamon scent. It doesn't irritate my skin. I love cinnamon. But, I have "Spanked," from the Naughty/Nice inquistion for cinnamon. It is cinnamon with a whip. :D And I am still waiting on my order of Three Witches to come in the mail, to compare with this one. When I run out of Spanked, I might get this one to replace my Cinnamon fetish. :D

Rating 1-5 on me, this is a 3.5.

Edited by atropos

This smelled very much like cinnamon before I put it on. Not sweet-cinnamon, or honey-cinnamon, but plain old cinnamon. It gave me pause.

Then I put Wrath on, and a funny thing happened. The dragon's blood came out in force! So did the pepper. Cinnamon was still there, but it felt more like a background to the other notes, than anything else. I already knew that my skin loved dragon's blood, but I had no idea that my skin chemistry would be enough to tame the oft-reported "big red gum" tendancies of Wrath!

I'm not entirely sure if I want a large bottle of this. I think I need to smell more cinnamon scents in order to find the one I love best. I also think I'd like one that lasted longer. That said, my imp's-worth will be worn and cherished. This is a more fiesty, aggressive version of Tintagel. This is Tintagel going to war. And you know what? I love Tintagel already.

Another success from the lab! Three cheers. The only real downside to Wrath is that I'm very pale (like, "see my veins through my skin" pale), and the dark orange oil still shows on my skin for ten to fifteen minutes after I put it on. I've never had that happen with BPAL before.

Edited by Sycorax

at first: lots of dragon's blood and pepper. very hot and interesting.

on: so pretty. lots and lots of sweet dragon's blood, with a touch of clove and pepper. not much cinnamon, which is a good thing.

half an hour later: mostly pepper and cinnamon. it's nice, but hot scents tend me to make me nervous.

1.5 hours later: very pretty, but mostly peppery.

overall: i love the way it smells, but not how it makes me feel.

I think I'm in love with dragon's blood. Pepper and clove are not my thing at all, but I love the dragon's blood in this. Unfortunately, the pepper seems to be dominating and this is rather too 'hot' a scent for me, but for the wafts of dragon's blood I keep getting, I'll keep the imp. Might be nice to warm me up on a cold day!

Oh my, Oh My, OH MY! The GF and I have found something we both love on me. Big Red meets Beeman's Clove chewinggum, the dragon's blood providing the needed extra sweetness. Wore it to dinner with my mother and the GF and received several compliments. One item to bear in mind: DO NOT apply immediately after shaving. Little more of a burn than I was really looking for :P

Dragon's blood is funny on me...I don't know if I like the oil or not it or not. When I use the resin in ritual work, it smells...resinous...smoky. The oil, though, is so SWEET, and almost salty, too. Wrath is giving me mostly dragon's blood with a little spicy kick. A bit of pepper~I really wanted it to make me sneeze! :P

If I want sweet and spicy, I'll be wearing Chimera. :D

Dragon's blood. You say tomato, i say tomahto, we're going to have to call the whole thing off, arent we? I've had very little luck with any dragon's blood BPAL with the surprising exception of blood rose, which is wonderful for me.

Wrath went completely, utterly, nasty stank on me. I had to wash it off, it was that bad. No cinnamon, no clove, no pepper, just *ew*.

*wipes tear from eye*

Back to smut for me!

Sometimes I love dragon's blood in a blend, sometimes I don't. This one? I don't think I liked it too much.

This goes on smelling like a overripe/slightly rotten-fruit Coppertone. I have NO idea why it smells even remotely like Coppertone, but there you have it.

The dragon's blood gives off kind of a weird fruity-tangy scent. In this instance, while wet, I don't really like it that much. After about 3 minutes after the initial application, I get a brief rush of cinnamon, then I'm back to the fruity note. For some reason, there is only ONE blend that has clove in it that has ever even remotely smelled of cloves (March Hare)... I don't get it here either. Pepper? very vaguely, but this is almost 100% straight up DB on me.

After wearing it all day, the dragon's blood finally stops being so slightly-off fruit and starts to become a milder powdery scent. I like this stage a lot, but it took 6 hours to get there, and none of the fun spices really showed up on me. I think I'll have to give this one a miss, sadly.

this stuff is awesome. The cinnamon and clove are very kickass. Dunno why, but both those notes make me hella happy and energetic. The dragons blood makes it kinda sweet and at the same time brings in a slightly incesnsey note, but its very warm and inviting and just awesome. additionally it seams to last forever on me, i even took a quick shower and could still get a faint hint of it afterwards.

Oooh pretty, this oil is bright red.

In the imp: Pungent smelling oil.

Wet on me: Black pepper and clove. Where's the dragon's blood?

Drydown: The black pepper and clove mellows, ah there's the dragon's blood peeking shyly from behind.

Verdict: I love Dragon's Blood, it just wasn't showcased enough in this oil to my liking (wonky chemistry).

Edited by mandragora

First Impression: Dirty Cinnamon.

Dries down to: Not much changes.

Additional Comments: The cinnamon overwhelms everything - even the clove and dragon's blood. Cinnamon's okay in its place but it's way out of control here.

Lasted: Several hours.

Rating: 1.5 out of 5

Edited by arabella

Of all the Seven Deadly Sins, I thought Wrath would be the most flattering on me. So, in addition to Malice--since I was hating the world the day I ordered my imps and bottles--I acquired an impling of Wrath. I was hopeful.

Then I put it on.

Wet--helloooo cinnamon. And hello clove.

Before it had even finished drying--Oh, heartbreak! Like Malice, this one went funky stanky flat on me. I had been hoping passionately that it was the patchouli that was making Malice stink on me. I really wanted to blame it on the patchouli. But sadly, it was...*sniffles*...the CLOVE. Ew ew ew ew EW, clove has broken my heart. It stinks on me. It has gone almost painfully foody, and it just smells flat and stale and icky on me. That clove doesn't evolve in any way, shape or form--it just sits there on my skin like a big fat unwashed magenta toad.

Drydown--Soap. I finally understand what people mean they say some notes go soapy on them. But soap? What the fuck? That wrist smells soapy and you can barely smell it anymore.

I am heartbroken.

I was looking forward to this one, since I'm a fan of spicy scents. I think this was the first blend with Dragon's Blood I tried, though, so I wasn't sure what to expect from that.

In the bottle it's very nice, sort of spicy honeysuckle-ish. I assume the honeysuckle is the dragon's blood.

But on my skin, nothing. I literally could not smell anything except a faint sweetness once it had dried, and then only if I put my nose right to my wrist. I tried again with more, eventually literally swiping a quarter-inch by inch band of oil across my wrist - which lasted a bit longer, but only because it took it longer to dry. Dragon's Milk does this too, so maybe it's the dragon's blood? I thought I remembered others saying that dragon's blood was a particularly long-lasting scent, so maybe I'm just strange.

However, I have discovered a sub-addiction, and that is: wearing Wrath in my hair. It's still subtle, but it smells like it did in the bottle, and makes my hair smell red. Perhaps the best part is when I hop in the shower the next day - the scent is long gone from my hair dry, but when the spray hits my head, I get a rush of the sweet honeysuckle scent. Mmm.

Though, I really don't think this scent says 'Wrath' to me, exactly. :P

In the imp: sharp pepper, cinnamon, clove and that cherry-wood-flower dragon's blood scent. I think this is the first imp where I've jotted down the notes I could smell in the imp, then checked them against the lab description and pegged all of them.

On me, wet: Wow, this is indeed thick and sludgy and vivid red oil. The smell is... hot peppery cinnamon sweets. The dragon's blood has gone, and this is more or less the same as Three Witches was on me.

On me, dry: This is exactly the same as Three Witches. Seriously. Pepper and cinnamon together clearly just combine to form SUPERATOMIC FIREBALL cinnamon-pepper sweets on my skin. I'd hoped the dragon's blood would mellow this a bit, but apparently not.

Verdict: I ended up trading away Three Witches because I never wore it, and I see the same fate befalling this. I still admire it in an abstract way, but it's not a scent I will ever wear.

Edited by storme

In the bottle: Wow! The smell definitely fits the name. Spicy and peppery and RED!

Wet: The cinnamon really pops out but it isn't a total burning smell. There is a smokiness right underneath the spice. No pepper once it is on my skin.

Dry: The cinnamon is still there but it's a bit more sweet. Whatever the smoky note is, I am enjoying it. The pepper has come back and is very faint.

Overall: This just smells yummy! Reminds me of those red square cinnamon candies I used to get from my grandpa.

First sniff: Dragon’s blood, meet Big Red. Big Red, meet dragon’s blood. Hope y’all get along.

Wearing: This is more sweet than spicy, which is rather unexpected. It’s very cinnamon-candy-like.

Wrath was how I was enabled, and will be my first OMG I lurve this imp must buy bottle purchase :P

I love how this smells. Sharp and cinnamony in the bottle, the dragons blood comes out when I put it on, and it becomes a sweeter, but still feisty smell. and it lasts for ages on me.

I really wanted Wrath to work on me because I've been looing for a new spicey blend.

When I tried it, I could smell the DB and the spice, but there was also almost a plastic kind of smell that ruined it for me. It's too bad, because I liked the other notes I could smell, so if this doesn't go plastic on you I bet you'd really like it.