Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Wrath

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

I think I must have kmasden's problem- I love the spice, but on me, I'm getting the weirdest burning plastic note. I've been trying to ride it out (applied 2 1/2 hours ago) but that plastic smell is just getting stronger and knocking the crap out of my beloved clove and red hots. :P So sad.

mm. smells like three witches to me, but sweeter and wetter. it reminds me of cinnamon and clove hard candies, or mulling spices (am i the only one who puts cinnamon in my mulling spices) without the mulling liquid.

Argh, on me this is vile! :P I love cinnamon, but this becomes overpoweringly heavy, oppressively spicy (and not in a good way!), and I think the culprit is Dragon's Blood. And not cinnamony at all. I had to scrub this off, both times I tried. Oh well...maybe Dragon's Milk will be better for me. :D

wrath.gif

Somehow, this smell is too tame and too pretty. I think there is dragons' blood in the blend, and that blunts my impression of anger. The cinnamon scent is good, and it certainly belongs here. But where is the smoke and brimstone? If I were doing this scent*, I would have added cloves, thrown in a drop of vetiver (hit the dirt, creep), canned the dragon's blood, injected a good shot of cumin (sweat from working up a real blasting rage), and gunpowder (if I could have gotten that) failing that, smoke. Alternatively, a big splat of tobacco would go well here. I would have also thrown in a rum or Bourbon backlash (ah, there is nothing quite so enervating as alcohol and firearms in the hands of an angry man). This scent is just too "nice" and could have so easily been a replica of the real thing.

*Yeah, run the world. Oh, well, this is a subjective opinion area.

One of those "well it has dragon's blood in it, okay... and it's a bargain.." whims.

Listen to the whims!

Imp sniff: Red hot! Cinnamony. Gooooodness. This is a lot spicier than I thought. By the way I came home from work tired - I'm not feeling so tired now!

Wrist dab: You had me at hello, Wrath. Sexy, cinnamony still.. oo, there's the dragon's blood. This is not what I think my typical scent is but it's suiting me very well... BPAL is definitely reschooling me on scents.

Blatant wrist sniffing, mid review: oh my word.. am I getting better at scents? That might be pepper. Or maybe it's clove. Whatever it is is sticking nicely and it mellows gorgeously so far. Will report back if it does anything funky.

Cat's verdict: Might be a bit spicy. She seems to really groove on the Dragon Blood on its own, however.

Impression: Warm late spring/early summer evening. Red laced with bright gold.

Verdict: Zooooooom, zip. Me likes. Definitely one for going out with fvs the quiet night at home with the cat though! :P

I imagine Wrath as being created by setting a pile of red hots on fire. This was burning, violent cinnamon. There was a hint of something smoky underneath that was likely the black pepper.

This was a smoldering scent and was a cinnamon scent with throw. I can't see myself wearing Wrath a lot because I felt like there was something angry and vicious about the scent. Whether this was the power of suggestion or the mood evoked in me by the blend, I don't know.

In the vial Cinnamon and very warm. I held the vial up to Dragon's Tears and they looked similar. I worried it was mislabeled, but it's not. They're both red oils. (but smell different of course)

WetVery Spicy! It burns my nose. Oh my! I'm not liking this one that much. If you like firey blends with a great deal of kick this is the scent for you. It smells like it's name.

Dry Smells the same only a bit more toned down. I'm surprised this didn't burn my skin when I applied it. It's very hot, warm, spicy. (I must go wash it off now. I can't take the cloves and cinnamon much longer)

This was a highly unusual choice for me, since I tend to avoid clovey scents. But it was simply awesome.

Started off very cinnamony. Moved on to clove, and ended up as black pepper with touches and cinnamon, clove, and a tiny bit of cherry from the Dragon's Blood.

Not something I'd wear regularly, and it's since been rehomed to enable someone else, but I enjoyed Wrath.

Very good for those who love spicey scents - I felt somewhat like a walking spice cabinet, but I'm a vanilla/floral/girly-girl. :P

-Jen

In the imp, it was an impressive wrathy red, and smelled of incense. On, I immediately could tell it was dragon's blood. Sweet, almost floral but not quite. I haven't smelled it in a long time, and only as powdered incense, but I recognizd it right away. Dragon's blood and nothing else and strongly so.

15 minutes later, cinnamon started coming out under it. 10 minutes after that, they were almost equal in intensity and the blend was quite nice. But the cinnamon quite quickly started to fade away again, leaving just the dragons blood.

The dragon's blood started to soften and go slightly powdery, and now it's gone soapy. Poo. I hope all dragon's blood including scents don't do this to me.

I've tried this twice, both with different results.

Wet: Ohhhh....everything I hoped. Cinnamon, clove, and a sharp note that I'm hoping is pepper.

The first time on my skin: Hmm, cinnamon, clove, and what is this sweetness? Sadly, it just got sweeter and sweeter on me. I was so hoping for something spicy and strong.

After realizing that my period hormones might have gotten the better of the oil, I tried it again.

Second time: Cinnamon, and more just sweetness. Uhoh. But then it turns and the sweet takes a back seat to the pepper. I was still hoping for something hotter and spicier. It ends up feeling like someone sugar-coated Wrath.

I think my skin eats the cinnamon. It fades so quickly on me.

Edited by drugstore cowgirl

In Bottle: I can smell the dragon's blood and the pepper. I like it so far. Sweet and spicy. I'm beginning to like this dragon's blood.

Wet: It smells like a spicier version of dragon's milk (tested the other day). I like the clove; it tempers the sweetness along with the pepper.

Dry: Sadly, the cinnamon note became very strong and dominated everything else. I just can't wear cinnamon at all, I have discovered. It smells like candy red hots.

Wet - dragon's blood and red hots!

Dry - After about a half hour this mellows enough to become an enjoyable spicy blend., and the clove peaks it's head out. After an hour or so the dragon's blood is still there, but just barely. It's a nice scent, and I love spicy blends, but I prefer warm, spicy cinnamon to Red Hots candy cinnamon.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2.

Bottle (Imp): The oil is red, and it smells a little bit fiery.

Just On: Ooh. Is that pepper? Not very much of it. And cinnamon.

An hour or two later: Cinnamon with a hint of pepper. I like it more than I thought I would, which is wonderful.

Around 6 hours: Cinnamon, and something a tiny bit sweet. It's pretty faded too.

12 hours: It's gone.

Overall: Obviously, still gone <g>. I like it. It's spicy without being stupid, and hot without burning. I was tempted to lick my wrist.

After reading other reviews: I have to agree with those who said this was RED. I didn't get nearly enough pepper to bother me, and it was a beautiful scent all the time it lasted (which wasn't long enough).

Powerful and aggressive dragon's blood at first. Skin tingle where applied. Punchy. Might be making my eyes water. Mostly cinnamon/blood(=cherries, in this case), but the pepper's packing the punch, I think.

First sniff: like a watered down version of Mars. Dragon's Blood and a hint of spice.

A few minutes later, it's reversed: Spice with a hint of dragon's blood. :P (no really.)

On dry: The dragon's blood and spice have evened up with each other. This is rather similar to Mars -- this seems almost like a weaker version of Mars (and that makes sense), but then again, it might be my body chemistry. Must try again in a few days.

In the bottle: This one sounds like it could be evil for my skin, but let's check it out. Strong. The dragon's blood and the cinnamon hit me straight off, especially the cinnamon. I have a feeling that this one is going to have a very short lifespan on my skin because I'll have to wash it off.

Wet: Cinnamon and clove with pepper. Actually the pepper wants to be the main scent, which is kinda creepy to me. This is so not the kind of scent I'll be able to wear.

Dry down: Pepper with a cinnamon/clove background. It's making my eyes water a little just to have it on. It is an interesting smell, though. Mostly that pepper on me with everything else staying very quiet in the background though the dragon's blood is providing a little throw. Pepper.

Dry: Smells like I poured pepper on myself. Not gonna work. Washing off.

Mmmmm!

Dragon's blood and cinnamon! I also smell the other spices, the pepper seems to add some extra bite.

The spices in this seemed to really pair well with the dragon's blood. Dragon's blood smells floral after a while on both me and my fiance and the spices really kept it more true.

My fiance is coveting the little imp I got of it, so I think I'll have to get him a bottle. :P

I was prepared to not like this one, BUT it had the opposite effect on me, no wrath just calm and delicious. I want a big bottle. :P

My skin loves dragon's blood resin. So much so that it's usually the only note I can smell in a blend, with the exceptions of Dragon's Bone, Dragon's Milk, and Dragon's Tears. I was really hoping this one would be an exception, as I love cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper (I wanted this to be a mix of Dragon's Blood and Three Witches). But for the most part, the dragon's blood resin has beaten every note into submission. I can detect a little of the cinnamon if I put my wrist to my nose, but the throw - which is fairly strong - is all dragon's blood. Oh well, at least I like dragon's blood. :P

Wrath - It smells so deep and rounded in the vial, but when I put on Wrath, it's like a bag of dollar red hots - plastic and all. I can't quite figure that plastic-y note out, really. It does, however, deepen as time goes on. The clove and pepper really does give it depth. However, it starts to fade right around then too. That 20 minute period where it's deep spice is wonderful, but it just doesn't last long enough. This is, I feel, 100% the fault of my stupid skin.

in the bottle: what a great colour! This is all pepper and clove, with a small sugary smell I'm not sure of. Would that be the dragon's blood?

wet on skin: Red Hots candy! This is great.

dry down: the Red Hots is a cinnamon smell, which is really pushing for dominance in this one. The clove and pepper have pretty much been pushed to the side for the cinnamon and the sweetness has all but disappeared. This is beautifully sharp.

I love the color of it. Certainly fits the theme. Too bad I didn't like the scent. It smelt very rotten to me, like someone poured rotten orange over rotten wood and added some cinammon. I was hoping this one would work for me since I love the concept of Wrath, but it didn't. I honestly don't think it's a bad blend, but it's clear that someone else would love this scent more than I ever could. 3/10

In the bottle: Fruity and floral dragon's blood.

Wearing: Dragon's blood, with a very slight touch of cinnamon candy and clove incense.

Later: Dragon's blood.

Overall: See above. :P My skin and nose majorly amp up dragon's blood, so this probably isn't a good review to go on. I was really hoping the spices would come out more. Alas, not my cup of tea; will be swapped off to a dragon's blood lover or someone with drastically different skin chemistry.

Wrath

In the imp: dragon's blood and nothing else. I'm becoming quite used to this scent-a clear, resinous, and slightly sweet scent. And it gives the oil a fantastic red colour!

Wet on skin: still dragon's blood, but there's a dry cinnamon scent coming through. it's a dusty cinnamon. This reminds me a bit of Serpent's Kiss, but isn't as unpleasant as that scent was for me. It's beginning to sting my skin a bit…

Dry on skin: dragon's blood, and dry dusty cinnamon and a touch of pepper and clove. It doesn't sting as much now, which is a good thing. It's quite nice, actually-the blood and spice mix quite nicely.

After a while: the cinnamon becomes more pronounced now, it's like dry cinnamon bark. Now it reminds me a bit of Three Witches, but without the warm cosiness that other scent has. This spice is fierce. I think I can smell pepper as well.

Verdict: this is a very red, and quite hot, fiery, unremitting spice scent, not a cosy, warm spice scent. The dragon's blood adds a clear, red quality to this scent and adds a touch of sweetness, but the cinnamon in here is not a comforting foody scent, it's a dry, dusty scent, like a desert wind. The other spices add more of a heated quality to this scent. It reminds me of Serpents Kiss and Mars mixed together. It's not my favourite spice blend, or dragon's blood blend, but it's quite an interesting experience all the same. But I prefer Mars as my spicy dragon's blood scent.