Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Wrath

A scent aflame with rage, swirling in the red haze of hatred: dragon's blood spiked with black pepper, clove, and cinnamon.

First of all, I love the color of this oil! It's so vibrant and pretty. Opening the imp, I get blasted with the scent of cinnamon candy, like cinnamon altoids or red hots. On my skin, the sweetness is lost and I get pure hot cinnamon. After about an hour the cinnamon isn't that noticeable, it just smells spicy and hot, though I occasionally got a whiff of red hots as I was walking around at work.

Edit: Wow. I've never had a BPAL scent last this long on me! I've been catching whiffs of it all day and I sniffed my wrists and it is still there! Edited by Shollin

I was expecting something different from the name and color... It looks like wrath, but doesnt smell wrath-ish at all.

Its pretty though, a dragons blood with a bit of cinnamon, Has a good amount of throw.... a bit too sweet for me.

I got this as a lab frimp and had no idea what it would smell like, but the color of the oil was fantastic. After I popped open the imp, it strongly reminded me of cinnamon candy, like red hots or "sizzling" jelly beans, without actually packing any heat. I applied a dab to the back of my wrist and instantly remembered that dragon's blood has that crazy color, and indeed it smelled like dragon's blood. Sweet and floral, slightly resinous, with lilac and whatever else goes into dragon's blood. The cinnamon red hots candy stays prominent, but strangely devoid of heat, like the sweetness just drowned out whatever bite it has. Weird, for a scent called wrath! After I looked it up and saw that the note description had cloves and black pepper I felt like my skin had cheated me. I didn't get much of either out of this scent! It lasts for a while, but it's not much more than nondescript red candy sweetness on me.

Wet-it smells very heavily of cinnamon/clove oil and burns my skin a little. Rather like some bad spiced tea I had tried one time (all cinnamon oil, and no tea flavor to it). My skin eats up cinnamon very quickly, so it turned into heavy clove oil.

As it dried, the dragon's blood mellowed out the cloves. So now I have a scent of sweet flowers (lilac perhaps) with a hint of spices. It reminds me of Easter-with the Easter lily on the table and the smell of spiced hot cross buns fresh out of the oven.

By then of the work day, it had faded to just a hint of flowers with a smidge of cloves lingering about.

As a whole, not something I'd really want to wear very much. The end result is ok, but not good enough to buy a larger bottle-especially with the dry down time being a bit nasty on me.

Edited by arlith

In the imp, there is a very prominent menthol/eucalyptus kind of note... which almost always disappears on me the moment it touches my skin. I'm left with a pleasant, spicy, dragon's blood. I'm almost certain there is cassia in here because the spiciness is of the red hots candy variety. The scent is actually pretty light, the dragon's blood isn't as deep and heavy as it is in other blends. It's almost refreshing. The boyfriend liked this one, I feel pretty neutral about it.

hot, hot and...

yeah, hot!

I just put on my arm and it is too much for me.

maybe it will calm in a while... but for now - I feel like I am spreading fire from my mouth (or arm haha).

In the imp: Sherry cherries and cinnamon! (After loving Blood, I reckon that sherry cherries is how my nose translates dragon's blood, or the cloves)

Wet: CINNAMON and sherry cherries. I am reminded of cinnamon gum in particular.

Dry: Something fruity and cinnamon. Like pomegranate and berry juice, with a whole lot of cinnamon and maybe a dash of something else. Wrath is quite delicious smelling, actually.

A While Later: Fruity and spicy. Kind of sensual. Actually surprisingly pretty considering the name. I like it. :)

Wet on skin – much like wet in bottle, which is to say, pepperpepperpepper. If I brave the pepper, I can smell a hint of the cinnamon and what might be the dragon’s blood, but the pepper rules supreme.

After ten minutes or so, the dragon’s blood has appeared, but the pepper isn’t going anywhere.

Further dry-down brings the dragon’s blood out more, but the pepper holds this scent in a death-grip.

I loved Gluttony dearly, and hoped that the next Deadly Sin I got would be similarly delightful, but all I can say in Wrath’s defense is that the oil itself is a beautiful red-pink. A pity I can’t stand the smell of it. I wanted a warm-cinnamon, but Wrath is anything but cuddly and the cinnamon appears to be hiding in fear or shame.

Edited by Dominique

I don't think I'm fond of the lab's dragon's blood as a general rule. It tends to smell too fruity. The fruity-spice combination reminds me of chewing gum or some artificially flavored product. It reminds me of the clovy-cinnamony scented things at a doctor's.

In the bottle: It smells kind of like Big Red to me. Cinnamony and sweet.

Wet: Still Big Red to me, though sweeter.

Dry: The dragon's blood really comes out, and though it's still cinnamony and peppery and yummy.

I don't know if it's bottle-worthy, but I love it.

I'm a bit worried by this one. My skin doesn't like cinnamon, but I do like all the other notes - besides, it was a frimp, and I make it a point to try all the oils I get :)

In the imp - surprisingly mild. Dragon's blood and light clove. I am beginning to feel optimistic.

On wet - Oh, that's not bad at all! Mild cinnamon and dragon's blood. Let's see how it dries.

Drydown - Dragon's blood, light cinnamon. I expected this to be much fiercer and deeper. Nice, though not a favourite.

I'm so sad! Wrath smells spicey and clovey and good while wet, but it goes bubble-gummy as it dries! Fortunately it settles into a spicy-bubblegum scent that I like somewhat more, but the bubblegum is still to prominent. This might be a scent-locket only scent for me. :cry2:

Wrath is dragon's blood and cinnamon and I swear I almost smell peppermint in the imp. I think it might be my imagination.

Hmm, I guess there must be a floral in the Lab's dragon's blood note that is mine enemy, because this is the second dragon's-blood-centric blend tonight to remind me of jasmine.

There's cinnamon in there too, but my nose can't get past that jasmine-ish floral. Ugh.

I received this as a frimp from the lab. The lab's cinnamon disagrees with me at first sniff, and I get a very strong blast of cinnamon and pepper immediately. As Wrath begins to dry down, the cinnamon mellows out and the dragon's blood comes out and adds a very strong floral to the mix. It smells like a very angry flower and the mental image is a little too silly for me to take this scent seriously. I will be getting rid of my imp.

Spicy plastic leather? I think it's the dragon's blood that's behaving oddly on me, although I don't have this reaction to Dragon's Milk. I usually love the Lab's spice scents, but this one doesn't work for me.

Cinnamon? Where??? While this scent is nice, on me it's more "Wrath of the Bubble Gum King" than rage swirling with hatred. Pleasant, but not what I expected from the description. Maybe I'll use it for a room scent. :D

Wet, this is a bit weird. Very spicy Dragon's Blood with an extra jolt of cinnamon and something weird and musty. After a bit, it smells like the flavour of Big Red gum after it's been chewed awhile. Like the taste I mean, if smell were a taste, which they are kind of related. :lol: At any rate, this is a bit odd on me, almost like some random note was ruining the blend. Other than that, if you're a fan of cinnamon and DBR, I'd give this one a whirl.

In the imp: Dragon's blood bubblegummy scent.

Wet: On me this smells of burnt plastic with a bit of dragon's blood

Dry: This is rather reminiscent of Jailbait for some reason. Bubblegummy dragon's blood and a bit of cinnamon, I don't get black pepper or clove at all.

I would have liked wrath to be a bit more um WRATH. But i'm a sucker for cinnamon will keep the imp around for a retry.

I'm very torn about this one. Wet, I can't stand it- all I get is red hots and plastic. On the dry down, it turns very soft and lovely; I think what I'm getting mostly is the dragon's blood, rather than the cinnamon, and I don't get the clove at all.

I'm not sure the final result is worth the initial ugh factor; this one may go back on the swap pile.

Hmm....

I don't mind the sun sometimes

The images it shows

I can taste you on my lips

And smell you in my clothes

Cinnamon and sugary

And softly spoken lies

You never know just how you look

Through other people's eyes

The scent, both in the bottle and on me, reminds me of that song. For that reason I find it great that pepper is a note. It also makes me think of my middle school days in the nineties, probably because I heard the song a lot then and because the scent alone reminds me of the sugary candy scents that were popular among my peers. That's a good thing.

At first I wasn't sure if the scent worked with the description, it seemed too soft and sweet. Then when I asked my husband about it he pointed out that wrath doesn't have to be brash, that it can be acted in a subtle, quiet manner while still be devastating. Like spreading softly spoken lies.

I love it. My husband is not fond of cinnamon so I most likely won't wear it often enough for a big bottle, but will definitely buy a replacement for my imp when I use it up.

In the vial: Wow, the oil is a gorgeous red colour! How appropriate. This scent doesn't mess around, but comes straight for the kill. I pick up clove the most, but it's made creamier by the dragon's blood and cinnamon. The black pepper comes in for an extra kick when you're down.

On my wrist: It's very bitter, but it calms down as it dries. I can pick up all the notes. This is an oil you should apply carefully, as the black pepper has quite a sting to it. The scent vanishes rather quickly, I'm afraid.

I don't smell any cinnamon or pepper in this at all. Just a straight-up shot of dragon's blood. And as far as blends go, this one is pretty light for the whole "Wrath" concept. It's got pretty good staying power, but if you have any other oil with dragon's blood in it you just as well pass on this.