Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LUST

From the Seven Deadly Sins collection...

Uncontrollable passion and insatiable sexual desire: red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

Lust...if the daughters had been asleep, I would have attacked Chris on the spot. A second sniff and I feel a deep desire burning within.

*edited to add the official BPAL description*

Note from the voice of experience - do NOT test De Sade and Lust in the same day if your partner isn't around.

The red musk and patchouli are so well blended they're practically a single note, and the myrrh is just separate enough to make this crisp and with a bit of bite. The ylang-ylang disappeared somewhere in the mix, but I can feel it even though I can't smell it specifically.

My cheeks are flushed, my lips are full, my eyes are half-closed ... I'd say Beth managed what she was aiming for with Lust.

In the bottle, this smells like some sort of tangy candy that I'd kill to get my hands on. Yum!

On, it's still candylike, but far less innocent.

I'm very tempted to make some sort of spray from this and spray my sheets.

I have to agree - Elizabeth nailed this one.

Yow.

(I decided to try Lust while getting dressed this morning, and let the scent inspire my clothes. I *did* tone it down a little, as I've got to go to work, but the initial impulse included a corset and lots of sheer bits. And eyeliner, dark lipstick (I usually don't wear makeup), and my hair unbound and wild. I can't wait to see how the Crush reacts to this one! I may yet get that date.)

edit: I have to add, this one doesn't stick on my skin for more than two hours at a time, which is a slight disapointment, but it means that I get to reapply and smell like naughty candy, which is fun. And no reaction from Crushboy. *sigh*. At least, not yet. He's getting a wrist thrust in his face later, with a smile and asked what he thinks of the scent once most everyone else has gone home.

Edited by roisnoir

This scent really does make me feel quite sexy and attractive... I haven't had the courage to act on those feelings yet, but I noticed I was carrying myself differently today at school, and got a few second looks from people in the halls.

Lust really reminds me of something, though I can't really pin down where I've smelled it before. It smells quite sweet in the vial, but once on, it turns quite floral on me. The pachouli and myrrh didn't really become prominent, though the ylang-ylang did, as did the musk towards the end of the day. It lasted really well - I put it on first thing in the morning, and could still smell it at the end of the day - going on to 10 hours later!

I really enojoyed wearing this (and the extra attention it got me!)

This is most certainly a great olifactory capture of the feeling of lust :P It dries down very softly and subtly but makes me feel incredibly sexy at the same time. It's warm, soft, and spicy, with a hint of mystery... Doesn't seem to last too long on my skin, but it could be my chemistry. I'd say I smell the patchouli and the myrrh most of all, although everything blends together so beautifully that I can't really pinpoint any one scent. It smells like naughty adult candy.

First sniff:

Mmm Berries! Very gushy (that was the first word that popped into my head) and a spicer scent too which might be the myrrh. It smells red and definitely invokes images of the more..carnal side of nature.

After wearing it:

Well this turned into a very very red and musky scent on me. When I first put it on the berry smell was extremely high but as it dried down it turned into a lovely musky sweet scent...sort of the scent of post-coitus but not entirely. Wearing this I get various images of all sorts of depravity..it definitely invokes images of Lust. The myrrh is most potent on me for some reason and the patchouli is almost non existant. Lust has amazing staying power, I went to sleep last night with it on from 7 hours ago and woke up this morning with the scent still wafting in my nose. Not entirely sure if I'll buy a bottle of it but I'll most defnitely use up the imps ear.

Salaciously sultry, Lust makes me want to purr. At first, it’s almost candy sweet, barely earthed by the patchouli and myrrh. But slowly, they come out, gently taking away the candy, and the ylang ylang comes out too, adding a whisper of lusciousness to the sexy red musk. Oh, how I adore red musk. That is the most prominent note to my nose, and the other notes complement it beautifully. I’d prefer the heart-racing potency of Lust to last a little longer, but it quickly softens on me, becoming very intimate. I guess that’s not really a complaint though, especially since it also had the desired effect on my man! :P

it's so hot, it makes my skin hurt, and the ylang ylang is screaming at me in a sickenly sweet way and i think i'm gonna pass on this and scrub it off my wrists :P

i wanted to like it!

I love this. Like your average Little Goth Girl, I've been dabbing on patchouli since I was old enough to nip into town and buy it from the local hippy shop. So this blend brings back all sorts of memories for me, as its that note I pick up most.

It's also one of the most long lasting notes. Whether that's because I'm used to smelling it, or if my skin just exudes it more than other oils, I'm not sure but it lasts for ages.

However, I don't get the - ahem - amorous reaction the rest of you're experiencing! It's just a very lovely scent.

Perhaps I need to experiment with some of the Voodoo blends? :P

Initial Impression:

This is definitely lust. Earthy, sweaty scent that sheds romantic notions and just wants to get carnal fast. Musky, hot and overwhelming. If you could hear it, it'd be the tearing of cloth and buttons popping off because you just can't get those clothes off fast enough.

After Wearing It:

I've been having problems with allergies for the past few weeks, so I wore this three times before I felt comfortable enough with reviewing it. I knew I liked it the first time, but I couldn't smell enough of it to write anything about it. Even now, my nose is still a bit numbed, BUT I'm going to give this a go anyway.

Lust is a very strong scent: sweet, earthy, musky and hot. This really is the smell of sex, not of seduction or temptation but sex without romance or pretense, done quickly and brutally on any convenient hard surface. The red musk and patchouli are very strong, musky and slick with sweat creating a scent that's very primal and familiar, though not necessarily appealing. Or at least it wouldn't be if the myrrh and ylang ylang didn't sweeten this up just a touch and enrich it beautifully. The end result is very smug and satisfied. You've done well and you don't need the sound of the man still struggling to catch his breath next to you to prove it.

Final Thoughts:

For the record, I didn't feel too impassioned by this scent (though again, might be because of the allergies). It felt more like reading well-written smut or walking in to witness the aftermath of someone else'd passions rather than feeling that power myself. But in any case I really liked this scent. Just not sure if it isn't a bit much for regular wear.

Definately a super-sweet scent. I thought I didn't like myrrh, now I have to reconsidder, maybe it's a different note I dislike in other perfumes. There's nothing in this scent with a hard edge... every time you try to pin it down, it moves.

Though on me it's not "This really is the smell of sex, not of seduction or temptation but sex without romance or pretense,"

I would call it the scent of picking a guy up in a bar... sex without commitment, but definately tempting in a manipulative kind of way. "I want to get some tonight. You'll do." ;-)

Edited by antimony

From the reviews, I really thought I would like this scent, but on my skin it is just to overpowering and SWEET. It's like some sweet red candy, and has one particular note that seems to stand out on me that is so sweet it turns almost bitter. I just can't seem to figure out which it is.

Unfortunately, it's very long-lasting on my skin as well.

Funky body chemistry. :P

Edited to add that when diluted, this is something I would love to spray in my closet so my clothes smell like it. Ijust can't wear it on my skin.

Edited by Vicious Mistress

Got this as a bonus imp in a recent order-- thanks Beth!! I had this on my to-try list, and I'm *SO* glad I got it now.

The prior comment about "no edges" in this fragrance is dead-on... it's very difficult to pin down. Initially, it does go on almost fruity, definitely sweet, and the musk is the note easiest to pick out. It quickly mellows, though, into an incredibly rich, well-rounded scent that I LOVE. I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist! Hubby very much enjoyed it, too, so I definitely see a big bottle of this in our future :P

Lust

When first applied this is sweet and decadent, lovely. I really like Red Musk and can smell this very strongly.

As this starts to dry I can smell the patchouli, myrrh and finally a faint floral note from the ylang ylang.

I like this one so much sweet but with dryness to it and a very pleasant musky tinge. Definitely Lust in a bottle but sugar-dusted!

Totally hooked... another large bottle required.

Edited by allamanda

Lust really reminds me of something, though I can't really pin down where I've smelled it before.  It smells quite sweet in the vial, but once on, it turns quite floral on me.  The pachouli and myrrh didn't really become prominent, though the ylang-ylang did, as did the musk towards the end of the day.  It lasted really well - I put it on first thing in the morning, and could still smell it at the end of the day - going on to 10 hours later!

Same happened to me, Lust turned more flowerly on me than anything else. People still noticed and complimented me, though this does nothing for me unlike other reviews.

:P

The smell is very distinctive with warm undertones, the patchouli and myrrh are prominent at first and then die down. Very skillfully crafted.

Darn. i really wanted to like this, but I guess I have to use something else when I want to attack my boyfriend. In the vial it has a sour smell, and on there is one floral which stands out and SHOUTS at me. Add to that the patchouli (which I now know to avoid, as there is only one scent with patchouli that works on me and 6 that don't) and this is, sadly, one to use an alcoholic wipe on. Sorry :P

Lust to me is really sweet and kind of strong so I put very little. I can really smell the Ylang ylang. Its a great aroma though. :P

First Impression: There it is, that same sexy juiciness that I love about Blood Lotus.

Second Impression: It's so sexy I can't stop smelling it. It's truly addictive.

Final Analysis: I love all the notes in this and they work so beautifully together. I don't this is as sexual as O, but it is very sexy. Classy sexy, not slutty sexy.

Initial sniff: Holy cow. Honey, are the kids asleep yet? Rich, sensual. This imp was immediately tried out.

Wet: Sex. Really good hard against the wall hormonal sex. Throw me down and do me NOW. Sensual doesn't even begin to cover it. Very obvious instant physical reaction from my husband when he sniffed.

Later: You mean it gets BETTER? Why, yes, yes it does. Musky, elusive, compelling, heavy-lidded afterglow sex. I'd catch people looking at me as I walked by, sniffing the air. Had one woman casually leaning into me in line at the store, just to sniff.

Drydown: This stays pretty true to the original smell on my skin, and I adore it.

The funny thing is, I don't really like ylang ylang at all, but in this, it's just amazing.

Big bottle, oh yes. And then some spray for my sheets out of it, and body velvet cream, and ...

Stay time: 12 hours later, I can still smell it on my skin. I dab a bit on my shoulders before going to sleep, and end up with utterly lovely dreams, and it migrates a bit to my hair while I'm sleeping. Wonderful lasting power.

Absolute personal favourite.

Goddamn. I wish I liked this, because if I got the same reactions wearing this that everyone else has been getting (I can’t tell if I’m getting reactions, another wonderful if that isn’t happening)… Unfortunately, I don’t. The smell is what I think a red, skintight (is there any other kind?) catsuit would smell like. It’s a leather-candy smell and I don’t like the smell of leather, so there you have it. Although, wearing it, I didn’t feel like tramping up. I just thought, hmm, red leather. Which is pretty sexy, because red leather is typically only seen in sexy situations.

I am afraid this did not quite work on me. It was not bad, but I think there was a little too much patchouli and ylang-ylang for my taste.

Everytime I wore it, I felt the need to layer something smoother and softer on top of it. I ended up swapping it.

BTW, it goes really well with O, if you want an outright, over-the-top sexy scent.

At first I was afraid I wouldn't like this at all. In the vial it was too sweet and tangy for my taste. When first applied it was still too sweet and tangy and not so good. But then within the first 5 minutes, it really mellowed and softened and now I love it.

fruity and sweet and creamy and warm.

Not the greatest staying power, but not the worst either. About 3 hours. I can still smell it after 3 hours, but it's quite faint.

ADDED Dec. 27:

For me, Lust was way too strong. I only put on a tiny bit and it was overwhelmingly strong. That is appropriate for LUST. Lust (the emotion or whatever the heck) is overwhelmingly strong. But, it's too much for a perfume for me. I actually had to wash it off after about 10 minutes. I can't even describe what it smelled like, except to say "strong".

Edited by Shollin

First sniff: What is in this that smells like Christmas? It’s deep, vibrant red and flavor-spicy (rather than heat-spicy), and there’s something underneath that smells almost like grape. I like it quite a bit, but don’t have the visceral reaction I was hoping for…

Wearing: Red, red, red. There’s a very solid, grounding base to this scent – not an anchor, but a pillow you’d wrap yourself around to sleep. It's making me a bit tingly now that it’s drying, and I’m beginning to doubt the wisdom of wearing a scent called Lust to bed when the object of said vice isn’t with me… Yes, I like this a lot. It reminds me a bit of Dragon’s Heart in its solid “bring it on” redness, but its heat is more overtly sensual. It’s inspiring a very odd combination of smoldery and shy.