Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Uncontrollable passion and insatiable sexual desire: red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

Beautiful! Lust is very feminine, long lasting and reminds me a little of Siren.

Wet it's ylang-ylang and patchouli, followed by myrrh and musk.

Dry it changes a bit, making it more interesting and "mature" (if it makes any sense). The musk is dry and very elegant at the end.

An oriental perfume, almost classique, simple and smooth. :P

In Bottle: Musk and myrrh.

On Skin: I love this right away. The musk and myrrh are strongest, very dark and deep. The patchouli has a light dirty scent in the background which I could do without but I’m hoping it will fade. The ylang ylang gives it a sweet exotic note that I like. I wish I could still love it but I detest patchouli and I can still smell it so it has that hippy incense note that drives me nuts. Wahhh!!!

Bottle (Imp): I think I like this, but I have no clue what's in it. It's sort of sweet, not cloying, and not necessarily spicy.

Just On: Oooh, it's yummy.

An hour or two later: It's settled into a musky smell, not really sexy per se, but a bit on the sensual side. There's a bit of bite there, but not enough to scare me off.

Around 6 hours: There's some definite bite, some muskniess, and that's about all that's left. Though it's faded, this isn't bad at all, and I think I like it. Not a top five, but probably in the top 15, and I don't know about a big bottle.

12 hours: It's pretty much all gone, I think I might smell a faint hint, but can't tell if that's it or not. A hint of plastic too, but I don't know if that's it or not.

Overall: I kinda like it, but not as much as the really foody scents.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get sexy, sultry, or any other sensualness from this one. And I certainly didn't get any amorous attention, which is not necessaraily a surprise, as it was rainy today, and The Mate and I were both too sore to be doing anything fun anyway. I might have to try this again and see if I can avoid the plastic thing... maybe layer it with O.

This is one of the very first BPAL scents I ever tried. I'm so thankful that the Lab sent me an imp of this with my order, because I'd been wanting to re-try some scents and see how my tastes have changed.

The patchouli and myrrh make this scent very earthy. I recognize the ylang ylang from a lot of BPAL's sexy scents. The red musk brightens up the entire blend a little bit -- I recognize it from The Living Flame.

Lust is a scent that a woman older than me would wear, a woman with confidence and control. I'd recommend Lust to someone who likes heady, incensey, sexual, or powerful scents. I might keep this imp for times when I want to be the center of attention.

this was the first bpal scent i ever tried. my early reviews were subjective and did not contain as much information.

i put a wandful of lust on my wrist pulse point this am and thought i liked it, but soon all i could smell was the red musk. i started to get a headache so i tried to wash it off. hah!

i tried regular soap, victoria's secret dream angel liquid soap, dial liquid soap, and dish soap. NONE of them worked.

well, it is fading.....i just now smelled it and it is almost um...play-doughy smelling. odd. could that be one of the other ingredients???? (not that i want to go around smelling like play-dough. i've been told that some people ATE it as children, though....hmmm. maybe i should wait until mr. hotbuns gets home and tells me what he thinks....)

can't wait any longer. must.remove.now.

*stumbles off to find rubbing alcohol*

This scent is subtle and clings close to my skin, which surprises me since red musk, patchouli, and myrrh are usually strong and intense on me. Ylang ylang usually smells yellow-y, sweet, and a bit metallic on my skin, but it's reminding me of honeysuckle here (warm, yellow-y, sweet floral with a perfumey edge). The patchouli is just a dry, earthy hint to the blend, and the red musk and myrrh combine to fashion a heated, resinous, musky base for the floral-y ylang ylang.

As it dries down, Lust is a little too perfumey & sharp for me. Still, I like the sweetness and edge of resins, earth & warmth that it has. I probably would love this a lot if it didn't have the ylang ylang and it was lighter on the musk.

Edited by Little Bird

When I first sniffed this out of the bottle, I smelled smoked chocolate. I think it was the myrrh. On my skin, it started to smell of musk. Then the dreaded patchouli popped out with it's heady, almost rotten smell. Now I'm picking up sandalwood and the lovely ylang ylang.

Very lovely, but alas patchouli is not for me.

In the Bottle Red musk and spicey spic-ay.

Wet I am getting patchouli. It is like a big dog humping your leg that you are trying to push of. "Get DOWN patchouli, DOWN!" :P

Drydown Oh my.

:D

OHHHH MY.

Now I feel like the leg humping dog.

My mouth is watering, and my pulse is picking up. It musky, and slightly cinnamony. Holy Crap. I believe if caught off gaurd, Lust could very well induce orgasms in it's users. ::applauds Beth::

2 Hours later The scent is soft, musky, and red. The individual notes are so well blended and complementary they are almost indistinguishable from one another. I don't know how wise of me it was to try this while I was home alone..... :D :D

Verdict Yumyumyum. I am almost scared to use around any penises. :D

This shit is good. DAMN GOOD.

My skin seems to really bring out spices, and though it wasn't slam-me-in-the-face patchouli, it was strong enough that it nearly drowned out the other scents when it dried on me. I think I might like this on a locket or on someone else, it just really doesn't work on my skin.

In the imp, this is one dark, thick oil!

On me, this isn't the scent of lust (it's missing an animalistic, raw element), but rather the scent of seduction. It's very sophisticated and womanly. It's heavy on the patchouli and myrrh, but the ylang ylang softens it up a bit. A little bit goes a long way!

I like this scent, but it isn't really "me." Off to swaps.

Strong, strong, strong, at first. Spiced, deep reds and blacks. Myrrh and musk come through strongest (although that might be patchouli, too), and do indeed suggest depravity.

It's a hot scent, intense, and doesn't let you shake it once you've caught it. Earthy, grounded, not really romantic or dreamy--more the act than the wooing.

Settles down a tad, into a more rounded, but still strong, sweet tangy scent. Cinnamon's pretty accurate. Eventually it morphs into the smell of a new-age shop that specializes in variations of Karma Sutra texts. Then either my nose got used to it, or it softens and rounds out, creating a nice waft.

A smoky, incense-y, patchouli scent. The red musk and the patchouli really show on me. This is a lovely scent, seductive, strong, and works on both men and women. It makes me think a little more of a hazy opium den then of something lusty, but I really like it just the same. i will definitely enjoy my imp. My fiance found it very seductive on me. :P

I expected to hate this just because of the notes in it. Generally, patchouli, musk and myrrh make for a bad combo for my skin.

Lust is actually a very nice sweet floral on me. It stays very true when dry. I get almost an annis hint, and a bit of bite at the end. It's very thick and heavy on me. I feel warm just sniffing it.

I like this a lot, I think if I weren't dead tired, it would probably envoke some sexiness in me. I'd wear it at home, but I think it's too heavy for me to wear out.

Preconceived notions - Myrrh and patchouli; two of my favorite notes! Red musk is good too, and while I don't love ylang ylang, I don't mind it. This should be great!

Origin - imp received in a swap

Wet - Patchouli! That's about all I smell at first.

Dry - a sweetness comes out, ylang ylang I presume. I normally love patchouli and have never understood why people referred to it as "dirty hippie" until I smelled this. Even though I love, or at least like, all of the notes separately, this combination does not work on me. It does smell like "dirty hippie." The myrrh never even came out which is odd and also disappointing, because myrrh is one of my favorite notes on me. Off to the swap pile.

On the wickedgoddess scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being best, this rates a 2.

Lust was a frimp from the lab tht I hadn't considered getting, so I was interested to try it.

At first all I smell in Lust is strong, hot patchouli and red musk. It kind of makes my head swim when I sniff the vial. I definitely see how this evokes the sin – it's a very down and dirty carnal smell.

When I put it on, it's softer and the ylang ylang comes out after a while, turning it into a sweet heady floral, and I don't really like this phase -- I'm not a ylang ylang fan.

I don't know if I'll keep it or not – I like it more than I was expecting to, but I don't like what it does on my skin.

Edited by isyche

Red musk tends to overpower everything else on my skin, and it did that again with Lust. I could detect something floral underneath which must be the ylang ylang, a note that I've found that I don't like much. My overall impression was that this blend was uninvolving somehow and not lust-inspiring. I would probably like it more if red musk behaved on me and if I liked ylang ylang.

Edited by nineveh

It's all about the red musk. Musk to the fore, followed by ylang-ylang. Some patchouli and no myrrh. Long lasting on me. I don't mind it. but it's not one I would reach for a lot. I don't find it lust-inducing, but that might be my age as much as anything else. :P

I've got two imps of this, so one is going in my swap bin and the other I'm going to keep.

in the bottle: this is such a gorgeous dark colour. I immediately smell the myrrh and the ylang-ylang.

wet on skin: still more myrrh and ylang-ylang, with a kicky hint of sweet.

dry down: Here comes the patchouli, which I'd forgotten was even in this. Apparently, there's a pretty strong waft on this scent as well. I came up behind my co-worker's boyfriend when I was wearing this, several hours after it had been applied, and he knew it was me by scent alone (and picked the patchouli note out, as well).

I first tried an imp of this over a year ago. It was too sweet and I didn't like it at all on my skin. I guess times change. I was sorting through my pile of imps about a week ago, randomly sniffing, trying to find something different, and Lust just jumped at me. It's all incensy and sweet in the vial. I had slightly over half a tarted imp left, so I diluted it in an ounce of carrier oil to make it last a while and to lighten up the scent a bit. WOW!

Let me tell ya, I love this stuff now! I work with a lot of guys, and there was a noticable increase in the number of guys coming into my office the day I wore this to work. And they all wanted to know what smelled so good. :P :D

So hang on to some of those imps you're not crazy about. In a few months you may be singing a whole different tune! :D

In the Bottle: There is a note in this scent that I love about Hollywood Babylon. It must be the red musk. :P

On Skin: I can smell the red musk and something more incensey, either its the myrrh or the patchouli. The ylang ylang gives it a light floral touch.

On Drydown: This is just a sexy scent, its a bit more muted than when wet but dear lord does it try to incite you into debauchery. It's alluring, and naughty and animalistic. I love it. Can you smell like sex? I say yes... yes you can.

Verdict: Must. Get. Bigger. Bottle. But for now... Must. Find. The. Boy.

I'm not fond of patchouli, and experience indicates that red musk doesn't work well for me, so I'd never have ordered this; it was a freebie in my latest order. And I would have been right; it's very strong of the incense/resinous notes, with maybe just a bit of floral underneath. I smell like a NewAge store. :P

Also as usual with these scents, the staying power is outstanding; 12 hours later, it's still noticeably present on my wrists. I wish some of the scents I really like hung on this well!

So, no surprises here; fortunately, I have a friend who tried this and says she really likes it, so this imp will be on its way to a happy home ASAP.

after trying a couple other deadly sin scents (greed, wrath) i was beginning to think that they’re meant to be “too much of a good thing.” that is, maybe they all have some element in them that makes them too overpowering for me to tolerate very well. lust may have the same intention. but, luckily, i can never get too much rich, dark, sexy patchouli. the red musk is also lovely, and slightly fruity. reminds me of walking into a store in chinatown that sells about 1000 different kinds of incense. as you walk around and inhale, you get a mixture of all of them. very heady and intense. i love this on my husband. it lasts forever on him (i like it on me too, but unfortunately it fades quickly on my skin) and it makes me want to attack him. i guess that's the point :P

This is the first of the Seven Deadly Sins scents I've tried-- it was a gift in my latest order. I never would have ordered it myself, since I am not a real patchouli girl, but I was really interested in trying this blend.

Wet: Damn, this is a real musk. This is heavy incense laden with musk, a scent for hardcore patchouli lovers.

Once on the skin, it stays pretty true to the scent in the imp. Since it’s named Lust, I guess I expected it to be sweeter, but this is not a sweet scent. It seems pretty gender-neutral to me, and I can imagine it smelling pretty good on a fella. I don’t really think it is a very sexy scent, though a lot of the other reviewers do. Frankly, this class of scents doesn’t really turn me on, but to each her own! I'll take the coconut and rum scents...

So...

Lust isn't very lustful to me. It's patchouli and red musk, not really any ylang ylang on me, but patchouli usually is the most dominant note on my skin. It's actually kind of pleasant in the same way Malice and Urd are, but I probably won't keep the imp.