Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Uncontrollable passion and insatiable sexual desire: red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

This is a smokey, sexy scent.. sadly, I don't think it is me. This is too.. I don't know. I actually really enjoy the scent, which is super suprising, as every single note listed usually turns to instant ick on me. This is slightly sweet. It is naughty.. It is actually really kind of nice to have such a.. naughty sexy blend without leather being in it. This would be great for going clubbing.. as it has that.. magnetic feel to it. I will keep the imp, but it will only be worn every now and then.. I could see this being someone sign. scent though.. I am just too.. bubbly I think for this to fit me all the time.. I need bright fruit and sweet foods.. not musk and sex

The musk, patchouli and mrryh pop out more. overall, not a bad scent and the ylang ylang isn't over powering the mix

a bottle might be in order.

In bottle/imp: Thick, sweet resinous musk and smooth patchouli.

Immediately on skin: This is gritty patchouli and musk, like Smut’s dirtier cousin (and by dirtier I don’t mean kinkier… I mean dirty like “rolling around in the dirt” dirty. It’s deep and musky with that harsh patchouli blending in and the resinous myrrh permeating the whole blend. This one has layers that I can smell almost.

After a little while: This has transformed into a primarily myrrh scent with some dry musk and undertone of patchouli. It’s sweet, but deep, and definitely a dark, lustful scent.

Overall Impressions: Dirt blends don’t really suit me, and most patchouli blends smell of dirt on me. This one is dominated by the myrrh, but it’s still very much a musky patchouli blend as well. If you tend to like myrrh and patchouli, this is a unisex blend that may suit you.

imp: first sniff says "ugh!" i love patchouli, musk and myrrh but ylang ylang and i do not play nice.

wet: urk, all icky dirty ylang ylang. this is so horrid on my skin.

dry: sadly, this is such a bust on my skin i must go wash it off. :P

LUST!!!

Well, I'm a sucker for red musk blends and tend to veer towards them at breakneck speed so of course. I had to try Lust!!

This when wet is..POW! I'm wearing perfume and I want everyone to know about it!!!

It's smoky...it's sexy..it's animalistic and it's goooood!

It reminds me a hell of alot of Spellbound, but Spellbound's leather wearing "Gonna whip your ass" sister or something. Spellbound would be the happier bouncier fluffy sister and Lust would be the one that's the the tearaway...hehe. Sorry got carried away there!

The patchouli grounds it alot and gives it that darker edge while the Ylang Ylang is trying to make it more pleasant to my nose. It's an orgy of smells all trying to clamber over each other!!

The colour of the oil is scary...a very very dark brown/red. So..it makes a statement in that way too.

When it's dry, the musk comes out a hell of a lot more...the other notes have died down alot and it's just very very musky and sexy. It's like the calm after the climax!!! lol!!

Love it!

x

Ouch!

Edited by ouch!

In Imp: Dark floral and spicy.

Wet: Musk coming out more but still with floral note and heavy spice. Reminds me of the sated look on someone's face post-orgasm.

Dry: More spicy and musky than floral now. Very dark, dangerous fragrance...what a winner!

Verdict: This is GORGEOUS! Floral and spicy, very sexy. Like one's darkest sexual fantasy. Erotic scent. I'm so happy about this as patchouli, especially mixed with musks, can do terribly funky things with my chemistry, but I adore this!

Marks out of 10: 10

This seems very true to itself in the imp, on my skin, and after the drydown. The spice and flora seem to be in the same measure all the way through, and I only seem to detect a little musk throughout. (Although after checking after over an hour, there seems to be a slight rise in musk. Nothing too notable, I can just be certain I'm smelling it now.)

Dark and delicious and the tiniest bit smoky. My only complaint is that the throw on this is so good that I can't slather myself lest I have it be far too strong! Oh noes, Lust is beautiful on me and will last for aaaaages! Whatever shall I doooo?

Bottle: Patchouli, ack!

Wet: The patchouli and red musk are overwhelming and amp to such a degree that I had to wash this one off, sorry!

Drydown: Patchouli is just so strong on me, that I don't get any other notes. Even if I did get other notes, I just don't like it.

2.0 outta 5

In the bottle: Very sweet + sharp baby powder...strange

Wet on skin: Ylang ylang is the first to announce its presence..as it dries, the patchouli makes its appearance, but very subtle indeed!

Dry down: A little like incense..very warm and pleasing! Definitely incites lustful thoughts. :P

I'd liked Wrath so well that I thought I would move along to another deadly sin that I'm occasionally guilty of, but I'm beginning to think that ylang ylang and I don't get along, because patchouli and myrrh are things that I love, and red musk is quite nice as well. In a previous ylang ylang blend, I had a sort of cotton candy throw thing going on, but that didn't transpire here. I'm not really sure what precisely transpired on my skin with this blend; my eyewitness (or nosewitness) testimony would suck, other than picking up ylang ylang in the lineup as the one who did it. Wet, it went on well, and the red musk and I think the myrrh are what were the most prominent to my nose, before the ylang thug showed up and knocked the patchouli down and stole its wallet. I washed it off before things got out of hand.

Husband says that it smells like old women, and the name should be changed to "Geriatric". So nice, he is LOL

I think it smells the way a BPAL "ought" to smell, but then I tend to purchase scents with these contents.

Lust comes from Fatalbellydance and the Civet Evangelism Circle:

It's not really registering much to my nose in the imp, kind of a nebulous ah a dark scent red musk patchouli hmm...etc.

Put in ON though, and it's distinctive. Spicy definitely. Ylang ylang comes out to play for a little and the patchouli is just watching the swings from the background like a good mum at the park. Is it myrrh that lends it this interesting spice? It's got this really delicious edge that registers and feels like the swirling center of the scent. An edgy muskiness.

Fun!

But is it lusty? Let's try! :P

Whoa! This is heavy. When I hold my wrist up to my nose, it's hard to breathe because this is so strong. Despite this, I like Lust more than I thought I would. It's composed of notes that I tend to amp, but they meld together without too much clashing.

The most predominant note in this is the red musk, but it's not the harsh, almost plasticky red musk that I've become afraid of. It's definitely lush and full, but there's a softness to it -- probably due to the influence of the ylang ylalng. I can't smell the patchouli directly, so it's definitely behaving, which is good. I can smell the myrrh, with its sweet, powdery note.

I don't think I could wear this casually -- it seems too heady for everyday. But it's always fun to be surprised by scents.

4/5

The bottle I'm reviewing has been aged for about 3 years. I bought it to layer with Snake Oil (the combo is delicious), and for some reason it got lost in the back of my perfume box and I just discovered it again today while looking for something to christen my clocket with. I chose this.

Lust is a very heavy, heady scent. It smells slightly sweet, but overall it's very spicy and musky. This does remind me a bit of Smut. I was torn between Smut and this one, but I chose this one because it seemed to have more depth. It's a darker scent than Smut to be sure, but they do feel related. Lust is dark and sexy with a hint of sweetness. This is a very well blended oil to me, like none of the notes stand out over the others too much. You know they are all in there though by the overall impression that you get when you smell it, if that makes sense. I forgot how much I love this. It dries down and mellows out eventually to something a bit lighter on my skin and I think the musk is a bit more prominent at that point, but in a scent locket it pretty much stays in your face. I love that the scent lingers so much longer this way. A little bit goes a looooong way.

Initial thoughts: Hmmm... I'm not really a 'lust' person - no, really - and that list of notes isn't filling me with glee. Patchouli and I have a history, and I'm skeptical of ylang ylang. Musk does nuffin' for me. I love myrrh, but man cannot live on myrrh alone. I can tell already that this is going to need a long dry-down for the patchouli to fade, but I'm unconvinced on what the result may be.

In the imp: Patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh. Does what it says on the tin. At the moment - just from a sniff - I don't like it, but never let it be said I wouldn't try anything on my skin.

On the wrist, wet: Um, it's a kind of wet, fuzzy, perfumed patchouli soapyness. And it throws. Good lord, does it throw. I can smell it while I'm typing and it's only just gone on.

Twenty minutes later: Just a little bit longer! For... science!

Well, there's not much in the way of patchouli, which is sort of a bonus. But what's left is just... well, not a lot. I don't think my skin chemistry is fond of patchouli OR ylang ylang. Nah, I don't think I like this.

Verdict: Swap pile you go

Tl;Dr: Patchouli, ylang ylang and a hint of musk pretty much sums it up - if these don't like you, then you're outta luck.

When i first put this one,i didn't get any "tangy candy" scent out of it,but i just put some on and yes,it does smell slightly of tangy cady,and i LOVE tangy candy!t is sweet and somehow reminds me of the atomic fireball candy.Sweet,with spicy notes and incense and something floral in the background.

I can smell the myrrh in the imp.It's so yummy!I put just a dab on pulse points(wrists,behind my ears,my neck and between*ahem*my breasts) yet others could smell it on me and I got compliments on my lovely scent.My wrist is glued on my nose. :D yum yum.

I don't get the erotic effect out of this,but then again,i haven't been around a guy these days.Oh wait,i was around a guy friend of mine and he was hugging me and pulling me close to him(very weird of him),yet when he got a wrist thrust and asked what he thinks he didn't like it(or so he said,he's so mean,he hates my perfumes!),but then again,he's a guy and he doesn't wear cologne or aftershave,so good smelling things are just weird for him. :P

Oh,i love this scent,love love love.I can't quite put my finger on it,it's just way too complex for me to describe,but i know it smells divine and i need big bottles of this one.

The ylang ylang is the dominant note in this. I think it smells a bit too masculine for my liking though.

I smelled the patchouli and ylang-ylang right away. As it dried, I kept wondering where that scent of coconut/sun tan lotion was coming from - it's the ylang-ylang I smell the most, I guess.

I like it. It's a clean scent.

I'm very fond of the scent, and it absolutely feels very sexy to wear.

It's heavy and warm, but without causing a headache or something like that. And, it works.... I mean, my boyfriend gets a very special sparkle in the eyes when I wear it.

I would recommend it as a sexy scent, but it's not a subtle effect. If you want something that works a bit like Lust but without being so easy to notice I would say La Petite Mort, which he never notices when I wear - but it certainly works.

But one question: have any of you experienced reactions from your pets?

I got an african pygmy hedgehog, and when wearing my locket with a piece of cloth with Lust inside she licks the silver and is very fascinated. Yesterday I wore Lust, and I wondered why she bit and scratched my shirt at the armpit, until she actually bit me! auch! She never bites, but she was obviously very, very fond of the scent (which I had put right there), so fond that she wanted to try to eat it.

I just find it pretty weird? She doesn't react like that to the other scents I wear......

:P

Edited by Nanna

Mmm, this smells pretty good. I mainly smell red musk and patchouli. The combination is gorgeous and this is dark, sexy, languorous, thick type of scent. The ylang ylang is coming out now – not overbearing as it is sometimes likely to do, but adding a floral lightness to the scent. There is a sweetness to this scent, but it is not a characteristically sweet scent, no, this is a musk scent for certain, right up there with Smut and Fenris Wolf. The more I smell this the more that I like this and I’m kicking myself it’s taken, what, a long time to actually try this.

Gorgeous!!! Thanks Civet circle!!

Normally, I greatly enjoy florals, and this should have been a really great combination: lovely ylang ylang, earthy patchouli, and sultry, amping musk. And I think that if it had just been the patchouli and musk, it might have been fine...but today it's the floral note that kills it. It's like a menage a trois gone horribly, horribly wrong; the primadonna floral sweeps in, greedily hooks into the musk, and gets selfishly, insatiably busy with it while patchouli cries in the corner, wondering what the hell just happened.

When you are wincing every time you lift your wrist anywhere near your nose, it's a bad sign.

So, nope, no Lust for me, thanks.

This is very dark in the imp.

In the imp, ylang ylang.

On, musk.

Drying, musk and flowers.

Dry, musk, flowers and myrrh.

Once again, if the musk holds off on becoming too sweet, it will be nice. If it goes sugar-shock on me, then not so much.

The sweetness is beginning to amp...ah well.

In Vial: Berry and perfume

Wet: Strong perfume

Dry: Has calmed down some but still very perfumey with berries.

ADDED Aug. 19:

In Vial: Strong perfume

Wet: Very berry with a hint of strong perfume in the background.

Dry: This smells like a berry perfume. I don't like the dirt smell of the patchouli and that notes makes this blend a little sickening for me.

This is one of the first scents I tried, and it is definitely sex in a bottle! It smells similar to O on me but a bit deeper and longer lasting.

I can't bring myself to wear this since I've been single, for personal reasons... :P