Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Moonrabbit

Sister likes Vera Wang

I'd like to get my mom and sister Christmas gifts of BPAL. I know that my sister likes Vera Wang, I looked up the notes in it, and it's:

"Bulgarian rose, calla lily, mandarin flower, gardenia, lotus, iris,

musks, woods, floral notes."

I'm really not familiar with it, so I'm looking for something that's like Vera Wang, but better and will bring her into the fold. Personally I think she might also like lilac or violets, as she's absolutely nuts about purple.

For mom I am looking for something that's vanilla-based (per her suggestion), but I think she might also like milk and/or honey. I have to avoid too much floral because they bug her allergies.

Thanks for your ideas!

Milk Moon might be a good choice for your mom, and dragon's milk as well. (I get compliments on that often.)

For your sister... shoot, I just don't know! I don't know the notes on florals as much because they don't work well on me. :P

Morgause is the purplest smelling blend to me, so you might want to try that.

Ace of Hearts sounds fairly similar to what you described, but that's an LE. Viola has nearly all the notes in it that you listed, so you might want to try that!

Ophelia has lotus and white roses - that's a gorgeous scent. Goneril has geranium and calla lily. Or there's always Tiger Lily for a honeyed lily scent.

Hope that helps.

Ha, this caught my eye because my friend also loves Vera Wang and I'm also trying to bring her into the fold!

Here's the list of Vera Wang notes from the packaging she had:

Bulgarian Rose, calla lily, mandarin flower, gardenia, lotus, iris, white stephanotis, sheer musks, white woods, nectar

Here are the BPALs she loves so far: Psyche, Nefertiti

Here's the list of (catalogue; I don't mess around with LE) BPALs I'm trying to get for her to try:

Viola: tea rose, lilac, Calla Lily, Somalian Rose, amber, Spanish moss, red sandalwood, rosewood, and myrrh, with Mandarin.

Eternal: Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Queen of Hearts: Lily of the Valley, Calla Lily, stephanotis and a drop of cherry.

Veil: White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

The Lady of Shalott: bold gardenia, crystalline musk, muguet, water blossoms, aquatic notes and white ginger.

Nuit: dazzling white musks, white rose and night-blooming jasmine with soft moss, Egyptian incense, and moonflower.

Shroud: Dry white sandalwood wrapped in thin woods, soft grasses and white flowers, cajeput and embalming herbs.

I'll keep y'all updated on which ones she actually likes. :-)

Edited by Savannah