Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blackrayne

Gluttony

Thick, sugared and bloated with sweetness. Dark chocolate, vanilla, buttercream, and hops with pralines, hazelnut, toffee and caramel.

Same in all stages: truly gluttonous, stomach-churning richness in caramel and heavy cake with cream and oversweet sauces.

Verdict: too much

Imp: chocolate, vanilla, and hazelnut. Mmm.

Wet: Weird. It kinda smells coconutty to me. In fact, that's all I can really smell from it.

Dry: I get a sharp spicy scent from this. Perhaps it's the hops, or the pralines? It's similar to the overly potent spice I get from Shug-Niggurath, kind of like cinnamon red-hots. Regardless, I think I shall pass this one on.

in the imp: creamy chocolate and nuts.

wet on skin: milky chocolate that smells a bit funky. The nuts are a lot stronger and there is a bit of caramel.

dry on skin: burnt caramel and chocolate... not much of a fan of this one.

Comes on strong like a big chocolate, buttercream sandwich. I do sense a bit of the hazelnut, and it reminds me of Nutella; smooth and rich and very savory. It's a lighter version of Candy Butcher on my skin at least. My skin sops up the cake, and there is a slight mention of the caramel but nothing that makes me want to gnaw my skin off. Glad to try it, but just not for me.

Guh! This just makes me drool...I don't get this thick, rich buttery scent like most of the reviews (of course, my imp has aged over a year). No coffee either. I must amp the spice because this is sweet, cinnamon baklava. Very rich but it stays close to my skin. Glad I've got a bottle of this one coming my way.

It smells divine in the imp, but as soon as I put it on my skin it turns musty and powdery :( It has strong staying power though!

Whoaa. I tried this at work the other day. It just keeps going and going... the throw is crazy strong.

Smells exactly as described. The notable uniqueness, for me, is the addition of hops. Actually gives dimension ..and me a bit of dementia.. ;).

In bottle: Praline, hazelnut, and toffee. It smells like a spiced dark mocha drink from heavan.

Wet: I’m not sure how but I’m amping everything BUT the notes that would make this smell too foodie. I’m getting a lot of spice overlayed on a dark chocolate and caramel base.

Dry: Dried it smells like a drier spicier, version of one of my favorite winter candles. I’m definitely digging this one.

Notes: I’m thrilled with the notes that came through for me. Sweet and decadently spiced, without making me think my arm is literally nom worthy. Definitely a keeper for me and possibly worthy of a bottle in time.

I've tried this one several times over the last 8 months in hopes that it would start working for me with age. But it hasn't changed.

In imp: Makes me salivate.

On me, wet: still smells like the richest, most delicious dessert ever - without being too sweet.

On drydown: transforms into a bitter, dry, peppery chocolate. No good.

In the imp, this smells like chocolate-covered sugar cookies. With nuts. If I had a smidge less willpower, I would be seriously tempted to drink this stuff.

On me, wet and later when it's dried, it smells like some kind of vanilla-hazelnut coffee. I just want to roll around in this scent and be lazy and decadent. I only wish it lasted longer, but it seems my skin wanted to eat this even more than I did. Just a couple hours later and I can barely still smell it, if my nose is all the way down on my skin.

Lovely, creamy scent!

Got this as a frimp with an order awhile back.

If I'd ever wondered how truly foodie scents suited me, Gluttony gave me my answer. It smelled exactly like I would have expected from the description, and I hated it. Something with the occasional food (or food-like) note, I can handle, and even like. But overall, I don't want to smell like food.

This one got passed on to a friend.

In the imp, there was a wonderful cake scent. Applied, it turned to toffee on my skin and then poof! Disappeared! In 15 minutes!

In the vial, it smells like I should be drinking it, not wearing it. >.< Heavy on the caramel, hazelnut, and buttercream. Tasty, though. Hopefully, it doesn't turn burnt on me. Color, caramel.

Wet on my skin, HELLOOO TOFFEE AND BUTTERCREAM! I smell like nothing so much as butter and sugar and hazelnut. While I smell *edible*, it's too foody for me, I think. Thankfully, the chocolate isn't horrendous in this one, though.

10-15 minute drydown - I smell like the inside of a Yankee Candle shop. No thanks. I guess I'm not a foodie person, huh?

Hello chocolate brownie batter mix ! It dries down to Frangelico liqueur on my skin, which makes me want a glass.

Very intense with a lot of throw. It's a nice idea but I couldn't imagine smelling this all day due to the intense sweetness, and I'm pretty sure it lasts that long.

In the imp and on my skin, it smells like a slightly nutty cake. The first thing I thought of when smelling this was Pumpkin Patch II from 2005, but it's minus the pumpkin note. I'm not entirely sure if this is something that I would want to smell like.

Weird. I do not get the intense sweetness from this everyone's talking about, even in the bottle.

Wet it's an almost salty caramel-chocolate with a bit of bitter coffee, which is lovely, and dry it's seriously spicy cinnamon. It almost smells like curry. I loved it for the first twenty minutes and now it seems to not be so sure about me. :(

I decided to try my bottle since it is no longer available. It is officially official. Food smells belong on food, not on me.

This is just vile. Why did someone pour burnt caramel all over my arm? Shouldn't I be yelping in agony? Wait. I AM yelping.

Yelpity yelp.

Honest to pete this is one of the only scents I have refrained from even testing. I got a frimp of this one before it was discontinued. I'm not big on foodie scents but I was curious about the seven deadly sins series.

I choked just smelling it. I'm not a dessert person in real life, I can take or leave it, but this was every dessert ever baked. This was getting trapped overnight in a diabolical bakery.

I couldn't bring myself to put it on my skin. But for anyone who craves the sugar, cake and chocolate scents, grab an imp of this before it's all gone.

I had two imps of Gluttony that I made last forever, and now I am kicking myself for not buying the bottle when I had the chance! I didn't find out it was discontinued until I went to BPAL's site to purchase one. :(

I don't get coffee or chocolate at all with Gluttony. On me it is pure, sugary buttery goodness. People would literally stop in their tracks when I wore this out.

I got this as a frimp about a year ago and was so put off by how strong it was even without opening it I put it in my little cedar chest without even trying it. Today I was looking for something out of my usual bottle rotation to wear and came across it and noticed the scent wasn't as strong so I decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. Wet it came across as a rich, buttery spicy chocolate caramel mix. Heady, like walking into one of those candy shops that make chocolates, caramels and those terrible for your waistlines prailine turtles. Dry, it mellowed out and became smoother. 10 hours later I am getting a wonderful dark chocolate caramel scent wafting from my body. I think I may need to get a bottle and let it age for a year. :)

Oh my lord this is AMAZING. Buttery, creamy vanilla, caramel with a hint of chocolate undertones. Rich and smooth and delightful and makes me so incredibly happy. I literally want to chew on my arm. I have never wished that perfume was flavoured before this. I'll have to settle for the cookie dough in my fridge, but it's a pale comparison to the cravings that this scent is giving me!

I can't believe this is discontinued. I found my little imp, I'll hold out hope that I can find a bottle somewhere.

When I first got a whiff of this in its vial I was disappointed - it was too rich and too bloated to even distinguish the notes in it, and I was afraid I wasn't going to like it as much as I had expected.

But when I tried it out on myself I loved it, it has a lovely thick and creamy scent to it when wet and dries down to a delicious caramel, toffee and buttercream. The tiniest drop also lasts for ages on me. I didn't pick up on any coffee or dark chocolate notes in it, but I love what I am getting from it.

I'm really glad I managed to find some of this and I'll be looking for more soon, I'm sure.

Gluttony was my first BPAL a couple years back and still a favorite. I'm so glad I got a bottle when I did @___@ Please keep in mind that my bottle is at least 3 years old, possibly around 4 or 5?

In the bottle: May I drink this please? PLEASE? Caramel, chocolate, a little warm bourbon-y vanilla all mixed wonderfully.

Wet: Exactly like it does in the bottle except for a tiny bit spicier. Almost a little like cinnamon or nutmeg... Deliiiicious. My brother once made the comment that I smelled like Cinnamon french toast smothered in sugar. ...That's probably pretty accurate. I could mention that the throw is insane (which may be problematic for those with a sensitive nose)

Drydown: a little spicer and very well blended- it's hard to pick out individual notes at this point. But seriously, it smells like I went on a major sweets run at a bakery. Love love love!

In the imp, it's just a blast of dark sugary goodness. A little overwhelming, even as someone who loves that sort of thing. Wet, coffee and sour ickiness? This does not play nice with my skin when wet, luckily once it dries I get the initial yum back. Very creamy and warm, has a strong throw for a couple hours and then sticks around subtly for ages. Thick and lovely and edible, it was hard to resist chewing on my wrist!

Geesh, how could I have forgotten to add a review here?! Have to do this from memory..

To me, Gluttony smells like toffee cake that turns into burned sugar/caramel on my skin. It reminds me a bit of stale burned coffee or even pee. icon_redface.gif Heavy on the sweetness, and the burned sugar is very prominent. I cannot wear this as much as I cannot wear Sugar Skull and Boo! (only found that out, though, after having purchased a bottle, grr) I have to try Eat Me to check if that cake scent works better with my skin. I can wear Cockaigne and totally get away with it: maybe the wine in it evens out the butter and sugar components.