Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
PixieSkull

Givenchy Hot Couture smell-alikes?

My friend is a perfume whore, meaning she has to wear smelly stuff every second of every day and she feels icky without it. It's cute, really. She's never heard of BPAL and I'm thinking of putting together a little bit of a BPAL starter package for her with some scents she likes.

She has a small collection of designer perfume bottles and she loves mixing essential oils (specifically anise) with lotion for everyday use. While we were talking about which scents she likes best, she said anise and Givenchy's Hot Couture and she was sad that she can't get Hot Couture anymore. I didn't get a great sniff of it so I can't look on my own with the myriad of scents in the BPAL catalogue.

:P

I found a website that gives a description of it, "Introduced by Givenchy in 2000 HOT COUTURE BY GIVENCHY is referred as a sharporiental woody fragrance. This perfume has a blend of sandalwood raspberry and pepper. It is recommended for casual wear."

Another that says "The new, brave fragrance born from the esteemed Parisian House of Givenchy. Playful, soulful, meaningful, a raspberry note threads its way through the veil of amber vetiver and voluptuous magnolia with a discreet touch of pepper. Like a rare couture gown, this fragrance is an original, artful creation."

I've already done searches all around the boards here and haven't found anything. If you can recommend something to me that's similar to Hot Couture, I would be VERY greatful! Thanks!

~Emily

Edited by ivyandpeony

Emily,

This isn't coming from my experience as I have yet to try LIZ, but.......I was looking through the message boards a couple of weeks ago(don't remember which thread, possibly LIZ reviews?) and I found someone comparing LIZ(from the Hellboy series) to Hot Couture. I used to love Hot Couture myself and was excited that there was a mention of similarity, now I am all about getting some Liz. I don't know who said it, or where I saw it, but there you go. :)

My friend is a perfume whore, meaning she has to wear smelly stuff every second of every day and she feels icky without it. It's cute, really. She's never heard of BPAL and I'm thinking of putting together a little bit of a BPAL starter package for her with some scents she likes.

She has a small collection of designer perfume bottles and she loves mixing essential oils (specifically anise) with lotion for everyday use. While we were talking about which scents she likes best, she said anise and Givenchy's Hot Couture and she was sad that she can't get Hot Couture anymore. I didn't get a great sniff of it so I can't look on my own with the myriad of scents in the BPAL catalogue.

:P

I found a website that gives a description of it, "Introduced by Givenchy in 2000 HOT COUTURE BY GIVENCHY is referred as a sharporiental woody fragrance. This perfume has a blend of sandalwood raspberry and pepper. It is recommended for casual wear."

Another that says "The new, brave fragrance born from the esteemed Parisian House of Givenchy. Playful, soulful, meaningful, a raspberry note threads its way through the veil of amber vetiver and voluptuous magnolia with a discreet touch of pepper. Like a rare couture gown, this fragrance is an original, artful creation."

I've already done searches all around the boards here and haven't found anything. If you can recommend something to me that's similar to Hot Couture, I would be VERY greatful! Thanks!

~Emily

Doing a search, I found Hot Couture mentioned in the "Looking for a BPAL that resembles a favorite perfume?" thread, where Liz was mentioned. (Specifically, a member thought someone was wearing Liz, and it turned out to be Hot Couture instead) and in the reviews for Bewitched, where a member said it was very similar to Hot Couture.

(I'm afraid none of those notes are things I'd pick up on my own, so I can't lend my nose to the search, but I can lend my internet-search-fu.)

I freaking love hot couture, the original, i honestly think the reformulation for the new version is not near as good. i am going to have to check out bewitched now.

Liz sounds amazing to be in general, so will have to search that out.

Bewitched is lovely, also, but just not right as a close-enough.

Sign in to follow this