Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

The lavender in here is made sharp and medicinal by the mint. I don't really smell much lime. This one will need a few more tests before I know whether I like it or not.

Envy

In the Bottle: Mint mint mint!

Wet: Its still mint, but its not like peppermint or anything, more like fresh mint that you get at the supermarket

Drydown: drys very nice, the mint is still there but it mellows out and the herbal undertowns really come out. Its an enjoyable scent!

The peppery lavender hit me right away when I applied Envy. I was worried that it would put me to sleep because that's the affect lavender has on me. However, the mint and lime kept me invigorated. I found myself relaxed and peppy. After about an hour, the pepperness of the lavender mellowed out and Envy became this rich yet light floral with a warm sweetness I have fallen in love with.

I would not recommend this scent to someone whose chemistry brings out sweetness. I think it would smell rancid. Someone like me though, Envy becomes smooth and citrusy spicy.

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

I could not describe it better myself. Particularly one herb I know the scent of very well; the name or appearance of the herb does not come to mind, though.

However, Envy does not last long on me. An hour, and it is gone.

Wowza. This is green. It has a bit of harshness to it. Kind of like mint and liquorice. There is also some kind of a money note in there. I'm also getting sharp spices. It is a cold scent. I never got any citrus here. It is invigorating, but not something I'd really wear.

In the imp: Lavender and mint!

On Skin: Lavender explosion! :D I get whiffs of herbs and a freshness that I am going to attribute to either the lime or the mint.

On Drydown: Still lavender. Noooooo. :P

Verdict: If this is a 'green' scent, mine is definitely a pale, translucent green. It's like an herby lavender. No mint. No lime. Nada. Just lavender and herbs.

Oh, Envy, you break my heart so.

I was expecting minty goodness and got florals instead... :D

It still feels like morning, but it's 2pm ... that's what a sleep-in is supposed to be like!

This was a frimp kindly given to me by a workmate - not one that I enabled though - they arrived pre-enabled, if that makes any sense (: It's a relatively lab-fresh imp, as it was a frimp from the lab in their most recent order.

In the imp, it's lavendery, and ... kind of minty. But mostly lavender. It kind of scares me.

Wet on skin, the green things come slithering out, to subdue the lavender a bit. The sensation of something that has mint in it, is on my skin, but I don't detect any mint wafting about anymore.

Once dry, it's more green things with a faint lavender background. It doesn't scare me so much anymore! I do wish the mint was more prominent though. The lime does make an appearance, but it's not hitting me in the face screaming LIME!

I'm surprised I'm not hating this *grin* It's not something I'd usually choose to wear though.

I'm being rewarded for my insistence at trying everything that passes through my hands (but maybe my bank account isn't), because I've found a few things with lavender in them that to my nose, don't want to kill me when I'm wearing them!

Envy certainly is green. A bright, clean green, like olbas oil, except not quite so sinus-clearing.

I don't feel jealous, but I do feel quite restless and unrelaxed. Don't know if the oil is to blame for enhancing that, but it definitely isn't soothing.

It's nice, though, a nice cool Spring-day sort of scent.

Inside imp: Minty, not nearly as strong as Cathode is though. It's almost a faint sort of minty, with something else I can't quite place being more prominent.

On wrist, wet: More minty now, almost toothpastey. I can smell something herby and green as well. I'm also picking out what I'm pretty sure is the lavender.

On wrist, dry: Very cool, fresh smelling. Kind of reminds me of being outside during spring. It would make a good room freshner, I think. I'll probably use it as such, too.

Edited by koleypunch

Envy is green and slithering, indeed....I like herbs, mint, and lime very much. This is mostly herbs with a hint of mint, and the lime is just faintly supporting the rest. Lavender is pretty strong here. The mint fades pretty quickly. This scent has medium throw and duration.

I think I've been spoiled by Green Tree Viper, because I loooove that scent, and I wouldn't reach for this as much since I have a bottle of that. Otherwise, I do like Envy on its own merits.

oh how i love how i smell when doused in envy. the way i see envy translated through this scent is its symbolic pure greenness. it is not a malignant, vengeful envy...i see it more as the kind of envy that consumes one to the point of obsession, if anything. i think i remember reading reviews saying this one ends up going house cleaner on some people, but i'm glad it doesn't do that to me. i can see where the lime might go funky on some skins, but luckily for me, i believe the lavender and herbs balances it out. i'm not usually a big fan of lavender but i appreciate its balancing properties. i wear this one when i need a pick-me-up or during one of la's many mucky, hot summer days...

This is a very different scent and I love it! It is a totally green, sharp and pointy fragrance. The lavender note is stabbity, and smells like the green usually none-to-fragrant trimmings from my lavender plant. The lime is perky and casts a green shadow over the herbs and mint. The mint is faint but tangible. This will be a favored summer scent.

Envy in the bottle: Mint comes out to me the most. It smells like a mojito.

Wet: The mint is the dominant scent, I can also smell the lavender, it adds a nice "softness" to the mix. Still totally mojito.

Dry: Completely mojito. When I sniff I can almost taste the sour tang of the lime and mint... and vodka.The scent has become much quieter though, I think my skin is drinking it all up.

Through a few hours: Envy has maintained its integrity. Didn't turn to powder on me (as most scents do) nor did it make any drastic changes. The lavender was in and definitely kept the mint and lime from becoming too strong.

Overall it's a nice scent. I'm not sure I'd want to smell like a mojito all the time, but, it can be quite refreshing. More like, walking through one of those mist things on a HOT day at Six Flags refreshing... rather than... slamming into a river of water in a boat ride at Six Flags refreshing.

Envy is definitely a scent I'll have to often reapply though, my skin really drank it up.

ITI: This smells...Minty...and some green herb that smells harsh, and strangely enough, reminds me of arugula. I really don't like arugula.

Wet:Minty and Lime. Faintest undertones of lavender.

Dry: Very inexplicable mix of lavender, lime and mint. Quite nice, but slightly unsettling. Very little throw, but a nice, cooling kind of scent. It doesn't make me envious really, but it reminds me of that feeling you get when you genuinely like someone, but that friendliness is slightly marred by twinges of jealousy, that will never be revealed.

There's a harshness to this scent that I like, a coldness from the mint and the green herbs. I smell the green herbs first, followed by the lime, and then the mint bursts forth on my skin. Right now I'm getting a lot of mint (Like fresh, green spearmint, by the way, not like toothpaste mint). The sappy scent is really nice.

Also, no lavender offending my nose. Yay! Any blend that includes lavender without making me sneeze/scream "Gross!" is a triumph.

It's official: my skin chemistry is utterly, completely wonky.

In the bottle: Unpleasant, fake lemon pledge tinge to the stomach turning BPAL mint note. (I like minty smells, but thus far BPAL mints have not worked on me so well)

On me wet: Gag-inducing quick morphing of the mint note.

On me dry: Perfect dupe for my beloved and much hoarded One to Tie, Two to Win. :P Say what??

In the imp: an intriguing confluence of herbal aromas.

Wet: Laundry detergent. Drat. Oh, well, Kumiho went through a similar phase; maybe it just needs to dry?

Drydown: Nope, still laundry detergent. Don't get me wrong; it's a classy, upscale laundry detergent, the type you'd wash your 1000-thread-count sheets in, but... laundry detergent nonetheless.

Sigh. And I was so hoping for an herbal mojito kind of scent, something lovely and cool for summer. Oh well.

in imp: mmm lavender and mint!

on wrist: still mostly lavender and mint, although the herbs are coming out and the lime is adding a nice brightness. Like burying my head in an herb garden dotted with lavender plants. very fresh.

After a while the lavender and the lime trade places, still loving Envy though!

And now it seems to have come to rest, with all of the elements blending so beautifully that I'm hard pressed to pick any out.

I'm loving Envy, it's a cool, but fresh scent, synesthesically-speaking it's like a sagey green.

Yummy yummy! Cold cold! Had my mom smell it too! We both agree we can smell the mint the most! Then the lavender...then the lime...but you really have to search for the lime. I really like this and this is awesome on a hot summer day. Remindes me of ice and I'm cooled down. I don't know why this is called Envy though because I don't think of Envy when I smell this...I think of nice cold drinks! haha

My sister described Envy in the bottle as drinking a mojito in the bath. I think that's pretty accurate, but I love mojitos and baths so it works out! On my skin the mint complements the lime very nicely, and the lavender is pretty subtle. Unfortunately Envy evaporates almost within an hour, but it smells so good that I'll happily reapply!

First test: creamy...? Eh? I have no idea what's doing that.

Second test: Sharp herbal with a really strong kick of mint - not candy mint, but the actual herb mint. Blech. Not a hint of creaminess, either; weird as hell. Passing this one on.

Envy.

from my first order...

In imp: Green. Very green... oh no...

Wet/on: Still very green. Not sure I like it, but the smell is oddly addictive. Must keep sniffing at it.

Drydown: Still quite green and bitter. Sour green smell on me, and it seems to fade off after a bit, but leaves this lingering bitterness.

Final impression: Urgh, I like this and hate it at the same time. Don't think I will be keeping this one.

I can't tell there's lime in this at all, just herbs (including mint). It smells herb-gardeny, which is something of a comfort scent, to me. I mean, this scent makes me feel relaxed. It's not something I'd wear as perfume, but I'd buy a bath oil that had this scent. It's just so... I don't know. Calm? Damn, now I want to take a bath. :P I wonder if I could figure out how to make bath salts with this imp. Hmmmm...

Envy

In the vial - minty and green. Soon after applying, the lavender steps up, although it's interaction with lime is interesting - it reminds me of lilacs. This is a light and sweet floral that is refreshing. I love this, although, I have a feeling it's not going to have much staying power.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

5 : Simple and light florals are the best kind!