Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

A crisp green scent, herbal, kinda like fresh cut grass. I can detect hints of mint around it. Sadly, it's not for me. Edited by Shollin

Fresh cut grass!

This is a scent that takes me back to my childhood... Chrisp fresh greenness mingled with sharp herbal mintiness... reminds me of playing in my tree-fort as my dad would mow the lawn on the weekends.

It's odd how this scent trigers such distant memories... green, herbal, clean and fresh... "Envy" takes me back to when I was a kid growing up "wild" and "barefoot" near the Florida everglades... *sigh*

In the bottle it was very sharply green and aquatic. Going on wet, it smells like every green thing I have ever smelled, tickling up my nose all at once. As it dries, it maintains its crisp herbal-aquatic overtones - mint, tea, fresh-cut grass, thyme perhaps? The lime sits underneath of the herbal notes, the tang, to me, really smells like an undernote of dill. While I have nothing against dill in the culinary realm, I'd rather not smell like a pickle.

To me, there is a little too much going on, and it doesn't really jive with my body chemistry. However, it's a fantastically complex scent! If you are into sharp herbal notes, you'd probably love it.

this is so yummy.

of course, the top note is peppermint. as Envy is on the skin, beautiful sparkling herbs come out.

the herb smell is hard to describe. it makes me think of lilies or lily of the valley. such a green spring smell. and yes, fresh cut grass.

it makes me think of those crayola scented crayons, i think it was like, sky blue... and it smelled just like this. so fresh, summery, sweet green-ness.

I love this. I usually never love herb-y green florals. but god. definitely coveting.

Edited by ancilla

Mint, how I love you. Mint, how you hate me. :P

In the vial this is fantastic. Green and minty, strong and fresh. Sadly, once it hits my skin the mint wages war in The Battle of Dill Pickle. Seriously, that's what mint often turns to on my skin: dill pickle.

:D A fantastic scent, just one I can't wear since my skin chemistry is nutso.

I put Envy on my wrists, then closed my eyes and breathed in its essence. I immediately had a vision of a flower, a flower that I knew but couldn't name as its pink and blue spikes flashed in my mind's eye. Then I saw the little purple cone-heads of grape hyacinths, and the spell was broken. Hyacinths, hyacinths, although not exactly that, and not just that. I mean, last time I had a hyacinth bloom in my house, the overpowering fragrance made me put the plant outside on the patio or risk a headache. Envy was the opposite, beckoning me to keep sniffing instead of pushing me away.

As it dried down, Envy made me crave a dish of tart sherbet. So now I want sherbet as well as a bottle of Envy!

At first, I really liked this scent. It definitely reminded me of a fresh, dewy, shadowed grass field. However, as it dried it started to smell like... sunscreen? Ew... :P

So this is Envy? If Envy could smell this sweet all the time, I'd be guilty of that sin. Juicy green pear (now that's random, but I do get it), freshly cut grass, a hint of lavender, and mint. Green with envy, indeed, and I love it. I'm not getting lime at all, but this is definitely sharp. I see a 5ml in my future. 9/10.

ooh! out of the imp i get - peppermint lifesavers mixed with something fruity/tangy - makes me think of apple or juicy pear, but i see that it's lime. quite a happy smell - zingy and uplifting. on my skin it's a bit sweeter, still getting the citrus and mint, but something lightly floral too, vaguely lilac...very faint, can't indentify it. this reminds me of something you would splash on in the summer - an old fashioned lime eau de cologne, or men's after-shave splash (it is not particularly manly, though..i'm just picturing those old fashioned big glass bottles you see in some drugstores... i think it's called "lilac vegetal", but i digress..). i don't know why most of the mint scents i've tried go a bit light and soapy on me after a while, but this is still a nice, light, summery scent, the lime being my favorite component..

Knowing that this blend is supposed to smell like mint, lime, and lavender, I think this imp must've gone bad.

I can barely pick out the lime, if I try. It's a very gentle lime, nothing puckery or fresh or citrusy about it. I smell no mint at all; there is nothing cooling or minty about this blend.

My husband said this smells like a good version of Dove soap's scent. I dunno. I would like to try Envy again, because I just can't believe that this is the same blend that everyone in this review thread is talking about. Weird...

In the bottle: sharp, minty, with a delicate floral underneath.

On me: A sharp citrus modulated with mint. Quite nice, even if it immediately makes me think of scented dental floss. Once dry, a eucalyptus-ish sort of smell comes to the front, and it smells a little too much like Vix Vaporub for my taste. At least my sinuses are being cleared out.

You know those little weeds that often grow in the cracks of sidewalks or in un-pesticided lawns...they have small yellow/green buds on them that when crushed lightly between your fingers have a gorgeous green-with-a-hint-of-something-almost-like-pineapple fragrance to them? Man i love those things. I have distinct memories of playing in the alley behind my house as a kid and my mom teaching me that you can pluck off a bud or two and crush them and get that wonderful smell. Beauty from the most unexpected places. A good lesson at a young age.

When wet, envy reminds me distinctly of that smell. It's glorious. I'm thrilled.

When dry i get less of that smell, yet it's still a green and lightly lavender with a tiny hint of mint smell that i love. It's great for bedtime too. Sadly it doesn't last as long as i would like it, but i believe i'll be keeping this one around.

Limeade with a sprig of mint, enjoyed on a fresh-cut lawn amidst an herb garden! Completely green and utterly refreshing. I can't wait to give this a whirl when the weather turns hot.

The mint was stronger at first then any of the other elements. After awhile the lavender came forward a lot more. I really never had too much citrus....I know other people said lime but that really wasn't noticable on me. The second time I tried it I could smell everything much better though. I really liked this. It was very green and lovely. I would definitely want a bottle. I envy those that already do!

Very very strongly minty -- I seem to pick up mint easily, since that was the main thing I smelled in Ultraviolet, also. Maybe a little bit of lime if I really thought about it.

On my wrist: vanished. Seriously, a few minutes later I could barely smell it. I guess Envy isn't my dominant sin...

I do like the smell of this, but I think it's wasted on me.

In the bottle: Pure mint. It reminds me of the "wintermint" gum that I always chew--not a pure peppermint or spearmint, but more of a generic mint.

Dry-down: Softening mint, with a hint of lime coming through. Unfortunately, I can't detect even the barest hint of lavender, which is my favorite Lab scent.

After 30 minutes: The mint is gone, replaced with a slightly lime-tinged herbal scent. It reminds me more of freshly-cut grass (which of couse I'm allergic to), so I will be adding this into the swap box.

All in all, it's not a bad scent, but it's not for me. The Lab did succeed in creating a "green" scent, with the mint and lime and herbal/grass scents, however. Hopefully someone who does enjoy the scent of freshly cut grass will try this and enjoy it.

Feb 22:

I tried it last night before bed and it was unsettling. The pennyroyal went grassy/minty on me, and blended oddly with the lavender. No real lime, which might have helped make it less disturbing.

Update Mar 6:

The scent in the vial has mellowed, and there's a hint of lavender in among the green and minty. I'll have to try this again...

Update Mar 8:

in the vial: a green round scent (as opposed to a green pointy scent, which is what green is more usually) with a hint of lavender

just on: slightly unsettling, with round green smells, lavender and something "clean" smelling. Not unpleasant. Also not a love.

after several hours: there's a powdery scent with a different texture from the musk in Fae, more round green smelling stuff, a hint of mint, and a hint of floral that reminds me of Crabtree and Evelyn shops. These are all tightly blended, so it's hard to distinguish between elements.

I don't recognize anything I'm smelling. Yes, I'm labelling certain scents lavender and mint, but I'm really not sure my ID is correct. This scent plays with my mind.

This is likely not a bottle scent. It's interesting, but it doesn't really sing on me.

Kalli

In the bottle: Sort of food-ish. I guess they are all food smells—well, except lavender, but that always smells edible to me.

On me: I don’t know. Yummy. Sort of sweet but with a dark background. I rather like it. Very green.

Later: This seems to go kind of soapy and then fade pretty quickly. I’ll have to try it again and pay more attention next time…

Second try: Minty, but going soapy fast. Or, that could be just because I just washed my hands. Hmm. Nah… it’s nice at first, but too soapy.

Oh wow, this is KILLER! In the bottle it's lavender, classic lavender, and I can smell the mint most definitely "slithering" around in there with other herbs. On my skin, sadly it turns a bit soapy (why are they all turning soapy on me??) but that lavender keeps holding it in check. Oh wow. This is great. I think this is telling me that I need to buy more herbal scents and stay away from the sweet stuff.

Ooooh, it's so green! Like, straight-up chlorophyll. There's some mintiness too, but mostly it's that BRIGHT chlorophyll scent you get from crushing spinach or miner's lettuce. That, plus spearmint which is getting stronger now. Huh. Reminds me a little bit of Absinthe, but with mint instead of the anise; I think I'll stick with Absinthe. This is just a touch too toothpastey.

To me this smells exactly like Santa Eularia des Riu (herbs & lavender), but with added mint. I like the added mint, it gives the scent a cool tone, but the mint dies over a little while and I am left with the herbs and flower. It doesn't smell especially "green" to me, which is surprising given everyone else's reviews.

This is my first sample of it, so I will try again later and see if anything changes.

I took a sniff of Envy in the imp, recapped it, and said, "Oh hell, no."

Today, I took a look at the imp and thought, "Self, try this. Don't think about your Jailbait experience. People have enabled with Envy. Go on, try it!" I quickly swiped and waited to smell. Whatever horrific smell is in the imp is luckily not on my skin. I can smell the mint first, then the herbs. It's not so bad a I thought. Later, it's all powder, which may or may not be the lavender.

So it's not my thing, but at least I convinced myself to give it a try rather than keep pretending it isn't in my imp box.

Oh yes... totally green. This almost comes off as smelling like dandylions until it changes to rose. Just not enough of either scent to be clear. This is really fabulous! I am putting this on the must have list so I can pair it with Death Cap. Deelish!

Edited by Eunice_Branca

A grass snake. Refreshing lime and icy mint. But strangely, not icy over all. Herbal rather than cool. Unfeminine. Maybe layer with something sweeter? Eventually morphing into something nicer.herb garden. A hint of dirt, tho i prob shouldnt be getting that.

Very harsh.