Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

Wet, on first sniff, I thought this smelled like a slightly less sweet Undertow ("lotus and juniper with a hint of mint"). So, it makes me think that there is some juniper among the "green herbs" here. As it dries down, the mint remains very fresh, accompanied by a herbal smell that feels somewhat edible.

I don't perceive any lavender or lime.

I'm having Monster's same issue. I wish I could tell you something about Envy, but unfortunately after a LOVELY initial burst of lime, all I get is lavender, straight up. :( I amp lavender like CRAZY unless it's tempered out with another note I amp (cedar is a favourite). Since I swallow citrus, this was gone--gone--gone.

I do occasionally get a drift of mint, which is quite nice. Makes me wish I could smell a stronger-mint-less-lavender blend.

I'm loving my imp of Envy! :wub2: Sometimes I crave a nice, clean herbal scent and this one was suggested to me on the Recommendations thread. I've been using Envy every night slathered on my wrists as an insomnia remedy actually - and it's worked a treat. Had me asleep in no time, guess it must be all the lovely lavender.

Going to have to buy a bottle - even if it's just to wear in bed.

A frimp came into my hands--this isn't in my usual line. But I'll try anything once!

In the bottle: Peppery? Sharp!

Wet: Lime. And Mint. Still sharp. Not unpleasantly so.

Drydown: Now I'm getting a hint of lavender, but the lime and mint are still there. This is a very cute, herby scent.

A hour later: Still there, though very soft. Didn't go to powder, but my skin doesn't amp this, either.

Probably won't get a bottle, but I'll certainly use up the imp, and recommend this to anyone looking for an herbal scent. This is a nice one.

I love this scent. :wub2:

I've completely emptied out my frimp from a generous forumite in a few weeks time. Mainly because I use this most nights as a sleeping/relaxing aid.

I've never really been into lavender before, but the combination of that mixed with the glorious, fresh, "feel like rolling out in the fields" green herbs is intoxicating. I get very little mint or lime, just a faint bite of something on top of the lavender and it's pure heaven.

Simple, special and long-lasting on my skin.

So very, very glad I purchased a bottle a few days ago.

No mistaking the mint and lavender; a very lovely combination that's neither too intense nor subtle. Initially the mint stands out then settles nicely with the lavender, however, it fades surprisingly fast. This would be a good one for a scent locket.

Very lavender-ish on me! I love the herbal drydown, but I wish the mint came out more on my skin. That would have made this scent that much better!

Wet: Crushed mint and dandelions.

Drydown: A bit of lavender mixed in with crushed dandelion stems. Very green.

Dry: Bitey green with tinges of lavender. Stays fairly close to the skin, but seems to be lasting.

Overall: A bit hostile, but it suits my mood today.

In imp and first wet, this smells like a cleaning solution on me. Much less herbal and citrus than I expected.

Unfortunately, drydown didn't offer much more joy. Carpet cleaner on me. Yucky! Up for swapperoos.

A herbal green scent, a bit astringent and a bit sweet. The lavender is dry and the mint is fresh and I wish I could smell more of the lime. Not sure what herbs are here. Maybe a bit of tarragon? It's a bit grassy. I like it, but I'll wear it to bed, not in public.

In imp and first wet, this smells like a cleaning solution on me. Much less herbal and citrus than I expected.

Unfortunately, drydown didn't offer much more joy. Carpet cleaner on me. Yucky! Up for swapperoos.

YES! This smells just like carpet cleaner on me as well.

I obtained an imp from another member, and discovered a near perfect green scent for me. I adore this!

I didn't pick up on the lavender, immediately; it's all green when it goes on. I agree with Nia above that it smells as though there might be some juniper in there, which really only adds to Envy's appeal for me. While I do get some of the lavender underneath, it's not terribly dominant for me, and just adds to the plant-like greenery of the scent. I couldn't pick out the lime and mint as especially strong notes, but they do seem to add a brightness to the scent that I love. It's mostly green herbs and leaves and juniper to me, and I adore it.

The one downside I've found is that it seems to fade awfully quickly on me, so I've mainly been using it right before bed, knowing it will probably be gone in a couple hours. I didn't let that stop me from ordering a bottle from the Lab, however. Even if a fresh dose doesn't do the trick, I should finally have enough to slather it on.

Once I first apply this oil I get a whiff of pepper. Strange. The pepper note lasts for awhile but then a bit of lavender and a small hint of lime start to come out. These notes combine to smell like carper cleaner. Yep, the reviews above mine really nailed it. Carper cleaner all the way.

Like a lot of other people's experience before me, in this scent the other notes are Jan Brady to lavender's Marcia ("lavender lavender lavender". No? Okay, okay, that was a bit lame). After a while, it goes rosy, and slightly shampoo-y. It's still lovely, but given that I was drawn in by the promise of some lime and mint, a bit disappointing.

In bottle: A sharp green scent.

Wet: Bitter and sharp, lots of citrus and herb.

Dry: Definitely green, with a sharp bitter edge that vies with the lavender to keep it centered

Notes: Sharper then I was expecting. Not unpleasant but not an everyday scent for me, would have loved to see the mint or lavender amp on me but alas not to be.

On wet: green, very green. This smells like tomato vine, when I rub my fingers over the vine to get to one of the ripe tomatoes, very fresh and green.

Drydown: More of the same. This is just utterly green stems of plants. While I enjoy smelling them, I don't think I want to smell like them. Off to my swap box.

I really wanted to love Envy, but it doesn't work very well on my skin. Perhaps I will keep my imp as I am planning on buying a scent locket.

In the imp it's strongly refreshing, citrus and mint stand out - yum.

On, wet: I can still make out the citrus, mint, lavender and green plants. Very nice.

After a minute on my skin, it's simply a sharp, herbal scent with a hint of lavender. Smells exactly like I remember crushed leaves in my father's greenhouse smelling - a pleasant smell, but not what I'm looking for in a perfume.

ETA: I've really fallen in love with Envy, and while I don't often wear it as a perfume, I love it in my lotion, as a room scent, on my linens...

I've also found that aging lets a bit more lavender through.

Edited by animalcule

Starts off super bright green (lime and mint?) then lavender appears and dominates with whispers of mint.

On me, the lavender, mint, and lime are all very present, and they seem to balance each other evenly. It's a bit too herbal for me, though it has a bit of a perfumey note (maybe that's the lavender helping out) that keeps it from smelling TOO green. I never would have bought this for myself, but I actually do sort of like it.

Sniffed: Fresh green herbs with hints of minty coolness and lavender!

On skin: Greenery, greenery everywhere! Pulsing, shimmering, fresh green herbs. Or dewy, freshly cut grass. (I'm struggling to recall exactly how this smells like... alas, no luck.) There's a faint undercurrent of lavender, and mint lends a coolness to the scent. The mint eventually burns off, and lime now comes forward, adding a slight juicy-sweet tang to the green herbs. It remains much the same from now on, just getting fainter. Colour impression is a sparkling emerald green with shimmering golden highlights.

Verdict: Wow! What a fresh, uplifting, herbal blend. I'd never thought that perfume could smell so much like real herbs/grass/greenery, but Envy matches its description to a tee. Amazing! One of those "I'm glad I got to try it" blends, but I don't really want to smell like grass and herbs all the time.

In Imp: herbaly, slight sweetness, lavender

On Wet: still herbaly, earthy, lavender, tea tree oil, mint

On Dry: lastly I get a tiniest bit of lime, mint, and sweet lavender

It's quite nice if you like to smell like fresh herbal garden, I have a shampoo that is very similar to this scent. It's very refreshing and calming.

In the Imp: The mint and a muddle of other green herbs pops the most here. It’s fuzzy and lush and green and it actually reminds me a bit of a large garden store in summer when the heat bakes the green smell from the marigolds and other flowers.

Wet: Lime, wet, cold, summer limes of the kind you want to squeeze into your cocktail. The perfect blend of sweet and tang. And green herbs. Smells like I chopped up a bunch of things to mix into a fantastic summer cocktail, but then instead of pouring rum over the muddled herbs, I just rubbed them on my wrist instead. Wet the lavender is not noticeable, but I hope it pops a bit on the drydown.

Dry: Both the lime and crushed-green herbs calm down a bit and the lavender floats through, blending with the two green scents to calm it. This smells like a bar of soap I’d love to use in a spa or something luxurious that my mom would receive as a present, but that you’d never find in a regular store. The green herbs no longer smell like I’m walking through a garden store, but rather more like they’ve been perfectly preserved in a tonic with lavender. The lime that was so present before has really faded and blended with the lavender and acts to join the scents of the herbs to the floral of the lavender.

Overall: I love this scent, the way the four elements play together is intriguing and more complex than you’d think they could be. This one definitely pulls up memories and images in my head – I love scents that make me think and remember. This is a great, light, clean scent that I could wear casually. To an inexperienced sniffer this one could just smell like soap, but its beauty comes from a long, deep sniff and the separation and analysis of the notes. I wouldn’t expect say, my dad, to fully appreciate the complexity of this scent - he'd probably just say I smelled like a spa and leave it at that.

Edited by symbiosis

In the bottle: green! the lavender comes through, as does the lime. it makes me a little thirsty and long for summer. it really does smell like envy, if envy were a little more pleasant than it is.

On my skin: still lavender and it's a little sweet. I kind of love it, which is surprising given that lavender on my skin is usually too strong or too soapy or too icky. lime and mint come through as it goes on. it smells like a summer cocktail and is quite refreshing.

Last thoughts: green and fresh, a pleasant kind of lavender. Mint & lime present at the outset, but less so as time goes on. Herbs figure most prominently. Very pleasant and refreshing. Summery sweet!

Edited by frecklestars

This is how much I love Envy: I just put a droplet under my nose. Yep. Right under my nose. Because I want it up in my sinuses.

I'm a BPAL noob, but I've quickly bought enough imps to know that 1) I love green scents, and 2) true to its name, this is the greenest green I've gotten from a perfume so far. It smells not quite like flowers, but like the crushed stems of flowers and herbs.

As usual with BPAL scents, this is doing different things on different parts of my body. On my wrists, it's very like my mother's expensive Rusk shampoo that she gets from salons. Inside my elbows, where I guess it's a bit wetter, it's a darker, mustier smell, much more redolent of the mint and lime--though the mint doesn't announce itself too loudly, as I had feared it would. I'm happy that it's where it is, a note of brightness in the mix.

All throughout my life, whenever we'd pass a lavender plant, my mother would always tear off a few leaves, crush them and sniff them, and then hand them to me, saying something delightful and motherly, like, "I have a present for you!" Lavender is such a positive smell for me =) And Envy is soaked in that crushed lavender smell, with a few delightful complements that actually make it smell a bit more...Asian? Aquatic? Something. And I love it!

EDIT: The boyfriend smelled this on me today, and said, in a cheerful voice, "You smell like a pool!" I guess aquatic was right! Or...chloriney? =P Whatever it is, I love it! I was wondering if I could find an aquatic-ish smell with lavender and citrus. I think this is it =)

Edited by Maxinux