Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

This was fantastic while it lasted. On my skin it smelt like mint and carnation almost - there was almost a spicy-floralness to it that didn't smell like lavender. It certainly was a bright, sparkly scent. I love it but sadly it faded to nothing within two or three hours.

I've been wanting to try Envy for a while. I loved the idea and I loved the ingredients and I love green scents

In the bottle: Smelled, as many have said, like mint predominantly, with herbs in the background rounfing it out.

Wet: Smelled minty for a bit, with a floral edge hinting at the back

Drydown: The scent started to blend even more and I was left with a fresh green herbal scent.

Dry: Faintly floral, but very herbal. Really nice. :P

This blend didn't last very long on me - I was surprised, perfume usually really lingers on my skin. I will therefore, have to buy a bottle to slather on! Great job Beth, it smells fantastic!

Envy is a very near miss for me. I was so excited when I first smelled it, but it didn't live up to early promise.

In the bottle: this is my immediate favorite out of the imp. A strong grassy smell with lime and mint; three of my favorite scents. Sharp and clean and soothing.

Wet: when first applied, the grassy notes come through most strongly, with the mint and lime buoying the scent but not overpowering the rest.

Dry-down: unfortunately, on me this lasts less than an hour, fading into a lime-soapish smell that is inoffensive but boring and very not me.

I'm really disappointed about this one, as I adore the scent both wet and in the bottle, and would love to walk around smelling like it. I think it might be something to do with how my skin reacts to citrus notes, as I had a similar problem with Eidolon.

I do, however, like the scent so much that I occasionally wear it anyway, even though it doesn't last, and when I've a headache, smelling it out of the imp helps to lift the fog.

Edited by patashoqua

Envy from Sin & Salvation, wet went on smelling of green herbs and mint. With a dab of lemon and the lavender way in background.

The mint and green herbs was very noticeable.

Drydown the green herb and the mint became lighter and the lime,lavender caught up. And over all a nice crisp clean scent. :P

This scent is extremely refreshing and uplifting. I think it's a great way to become "awake." It just revitalizes the mind...very minty..clean...

Envy: Whooa, this is minty. Really powerful, "curiously strong" mint when freshly applied. As soon as it starts to warm on my skin, the lime emerges. Actually, this is lime zest...sharp and biting, but the mint mixes beautifully with it and takes off the sharp edge.

As it dries, the herbal and grassy notes start to come thru. The bottom of this scent is a very soft, minty, refreshing herbal that is ever-so-slightly sweet.

Envy faded very quickly on me, but I loved each stage of this blend. It's an eye-opener. A great morning scent to get you moving.

At first, I get lavender—that sweltering heat I associate it—with a touch of mint, making the scent a bit green (green with envy, as others have said). Since lavender and I are not good pals, I was ready to dismiss this scent. However, the scent cools down (really, it does feel cooler), because the lavender recedes, the mint is stronger (although it’s not that apparent) and Envy becomes this nice, powdery smell. It sort of reminds me of Imagine…Peace, a discontinued Bath and Body Works perfume. Envy doesn’t make me think of baby powder, but of those posh, scented powders you get at Sephora (okay, maybe not quite posh, but at least it’s expensive). Green powder, because it’s cool, and the mint is there, but not so that I was really aware of its presence without thinking about it. I don’t really think of it as an “envious” scent, but it is green, so it is a bit envy-ish. Envy is a pleasant scent that I like, but not enough for me to keep. Oh, I just read the description. Hmm, I suppose the coolness and greenness can be attributed to the lime, too.

I've been wanting to try this one for a while, even though it didn't make the list for my first order. The word slithering just made me so curious!

Wet - strong lavender smell, but I am smelling the sharpness of something, although it's hard to tell if it is lime or mint. It isn't sweet at all, just pungent and strong.

Dry - I smell mostly lavender, but the lime is coming out more. The lime and mint really brighten the lavender scent. I don't think I'd wear this to work or out, but I think it might be a great sleepytime scent, with the lavender. It is really more of a masculine scent, and I'd be happier smelling it on my husband with his arms wrapped around me, that's the kind of scent it is.

i really like this one though i dont wear it often

(also hopingn i havent reviewed this before ekk!)

its very light and VERY green

its what i would want real absinthe to smell like.. if that makes any sense at all

another master piece my dear beth :P

when my imp runs out i will indeed buy more

it is the green scent of choice :D

Lots of people seem to get super-mint and/or lavender from this, but not me. In the bottle and wet on my skin- I get a bit of mint, but mostly grass.

Wearing- again, more grass. This is a very green perfume, and I'm so freaking thrilled that it smells of grass- I love grass perfume. For years I wore The Gap's Grass and Demeter Grass, and now I have a grassy BPAL oil :P Bascially, this is a lovely, grassy floral on me. It's so springy, perfect for those first warm days of spring.

On the drydown- ooooh, it goes fruity! I can't really pin down the particular fruits, but it's really, really lovely. :D

I wore this one last weekend. It is soooooooooooooo yummy. Unlike Paris, there were definite notes of lavender in Envy. The mint didn't come out on me at all.

This one smelled green. Just green. Like wet grass and fresh herbs being cut up in the kitchen, or the stems of freshly picked flowers. Not floral at all, but still feminine, I think. Maybe because of the lavender.

I *LOVED* this one. I'm going to have to get a 5 or 10 ml of it because, unfortunately, my skin just sucks it up and it fades much much much too fast.

Envy is probably my favorite scent so far.

In the vial it's all soft mint, but as soon as it hits my skin the mint disappears and it morphs into a rich green scent. As it wears on it is right between Demeter's Pruning Shears and Wet Garden, but sometimes it smells exactly like freshly cut fiddleheads (the young fern bits, not the wooden instrument heads.) Richer than sharp but still very, very green.

When I cracked open Envy, the first scent was overpowering. It's verdant and rich like a garden crammed full of herbs and ferns. The herbal mix is quite sharp, like basil and lavender. It's about all I can smell. I can't seem to catch the elusive mints inside. It's almost overwhelming, but does not last so long on my skin.

While it doesn't seem to suit me personally, I would like to sprinkle it around my kitchen and bathroom. This seems like an excellent house scent, particularily if you live somewhere without access to growing things or grounds of your own.

Smells like fresh tomato plant when I first put it on.

Then it settles into the color green, that is if green had a scent. Fields of fresh herbs, grasses and leafy trees.

I guess it's green with...

In the bottle: Lavender scent of doom. *whine* I have some bad experiences with BPAL lavender. The only blend it has worked in for me so far is Wilde.

Wet: Hello, lime. I love you completely. Oh, lime. Lime with a nice kick of herbal scents in the background and, yes, some mint in there as well. This kinda reminds me of Villianess' Mojito soap. Also, this is a very cool oil in that my skin is getting colder because of it. Wow.

Dry down: It's more minty and lavender smelling now, which worries me, but we'll ride it out. This is not that flower petal of doom scent I got from some of the other lavender blends. I think the addition of lime calms it down on my skin. There's still that nice lime/mint scent with the herbs flowing through it in the background. I was not expecting to like this one, and it is not as lovely as Whitechapel or Wilde yet remains another nice lime scent. More mint. A very nice, refreshing mint. The mint blends make my arm all cold. I think this might be my favorite mint blend so far.

Dry: Mint with lavender in the background. The mint seems to ice down the lavender and keep it from going all ick on my skin. The lime has pretty much faded away and the other herbs just blend in with the lavender, which is simply a background to all the lovely mint.

My...this is rather lovely! The lab always knows what freebies to include. :D

First sniff: GREEN!! This is green to the max, absolutely screaming fresh green plants.

Application: Damn..there is something in here, some floral or planty thing - something! - that is wiggling around in the back of my brain. I recognize it....I just can't quite figure out what it is. The mint also comes out now..not like a candy mint, but a fresh, light breezy, cool mint. Everything is blending so well, the green notes, the mint, the one I can't identify..it's all so utterly lovely.

Wearing power: Hmm..well it's not very lasting. I applied at noon and there was no trace of it just now when I reapplied (four hours later). Which kinda sucks, but at the same time it's good, as I prefer no linger to "gross playdoh absolute drydown." :D

Overall: Seriously, I love this one. At first I thought it would be too "green" (I'm not a green kinda girl), but really this is a wonderfully refreshing, crisp, clean scent - just gorgeous and wonderfully blended!!! :P

Just sniffing this in the bottle I can tell, it's not for me.

It smells like department stores during the xmas season. Faux conifer and peppermint candies.

I'm guessing it's the lavendar that is smelling so coniferous to me, perhaps mixed with the lime or alone, not sure.

I like lavendar, and I like mint. Together they are usually good. I think its the lime in there that's making it so... xmas. Maybe the nondescript 'herbs'.

In the bottle: Oooh, herby. Mint, lavender…tomato leaf? Maybe not. Stg with the same green pungency tho.

Wet: Wow, this is weird. It is definitely green, but not a soothing calming green. This is poisonous toad green, harsh and dangerous.

Drydown: I can’t really tell if I like this or not. It’s pungency is off putting but it’s smooth herbiness is alluring.

Later: And now it’s turned to soap. Soap with matching baby powder. Bum. Smells like generic lavender baby powder. Where on earth did all the mint go? :P

I received this as a gift from the lab.

In the vial: Lavender, with strong mint and the tiniest hint of lime. All right. Smells promising.

Wet, on skin: Lavender? What Lavender? This is a tiny bit of mint and the overpowering smell of green sap, geranium, and possibly tomato vine. Green peppery plants. It's green, all right, but I can't say I'm particularly in love with this.

Dry, on skin: As it dries the scent mellows, a little more of the lavender peaks its head back in, but neither the mint nor lime, both top notes, ever return. The green tomato vine/geranium scent hovers in the background and sticks its tongue out at me.

Conclusion: This is potentially one of the shortest lived scents I've tried yet. I put this on before going to work, and by the time I reached work, it was gone. I reapplies, and an hour later -- it's gone. So it doesn't really last, and for half its short life, it doesn't smell particularly good to me. It's definately a green fragrance, and that might work for some, but clearly, I'm not one of those people. I think I'm envious.

Soap. Very nice soap, but soap nevertheless. Actually a very pleasant clean scent, but I have others in that genre that I prefer.

Green, very very green. I don't know how a scent can be a color, but this definitly is. Tons of lime makes this very sharp with a little mint coming in to cool everything down. The herbal notes really don't come out on me until the end but they're still present. I found this a little too edgey for my tastes, it made me covetous and grabby and very much feeling a little off center. The smell was great but it just didn't settle well with me.

In the bottle: Minty and almost piney. Hint of herbs in the background. Smells like a linament or salve.

First applied: still minty but the herbs are coming out more. Almost a lime hint.

Dry: The mint dies down a little and the herbs come forward. Less medicinal and just a clear "green" smell! (I might be influenced by wearing this on St. Patricks Day!) Reminds me of mojitos.

Longevity: I have to agree with the others that this one doesn't last very long. About two hours and I needed to reapply.

I think I will keep my imp's ear and use it up, but won't plan on buying any more.

I'm actually not going to read the other posts on this one and just go my own way. Normally I read the posts and can think about what notes I noticed and what did what.

First let me say - hate mint, hate lavendar. Don't want anything that smells like them. Got this as a freebie from a generous swapper.

ENVY IS FABULOUS

This has changed me. On me it is beautiful fresh spring..herbs, flowers, you name it all in the blooming stages with a touch of refreshing breeze (a la mint). It is such a beautiful yet complex blend. Everytime I smell it I smell something different.

I really can't believe I love this so much. If you think mint isn't your thing, if you are afraid of lavender, but you also aren't a real "heady" perfume person, try this. I must have big bottle!

i'm absolutely in love with envy; it's the first scent where i really understood the term "green" as applied to a smell. and then, i get lovely lovely mint and a wee bit of lavender with the herby bits.

i am so in heaven. :P

must have more!