Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Green herbs slithering through mint, lime and lavender.

Not really what I was expecting -- I love mint, I love lime and I definitely love lavender, but I guess they don't really play well together as far as my nose is concerned. The mint was prevalent in the imp but once I put it on, it pretty much disappeared and I was left with a sharp, herbal, almost bitter (which I guess makes sense, considering the inspiration here) scent. Sadly, not for me.

In the vial: A fresh green scent with a squeeze of lime and a touch of lavender. Nice and refreshing.

Wet: Green, crisp and bitter - like freshly cut grass which had me cringing a little when I inhaled too deeply.

Drydown: It soften quite a bit and there is a touch of sweetness, but it is still slightly too green and too bitter.

Overall: It's a nice scent, just not for me.

I love this. ....Even if I spilled 3/4s of the imp all over my bedspread. But! It's nice and green and refreshing. I'm not getting individual notes really, just an overall fresh, green scent. I'm worried about it lasting-- we'll see how it does. I put it on about 5 PM, and it's already pretty light on my skin. I hope it binds more as the night goes on, because I really do adore this smell. It's for those days that I feel like being fresh and clean-- sort of like what I hoped Dirty would be for me. 5/5. I'm definitely getting the 5 ml, if not the big bottle.

Love mint, love lime, love lavender.

First on: sharp herbs, faint lavender underneath.

Near drydown: flip-flops between herbs and sweet ozone - yuck.

Far drydown: herbs and cat pee.

I envy those of you who actually got mint and lime from Envy.

In Imp: Mint with lavender. Really green and crisp and fresh. Like a garden after a rain shower. This is really lovely and I adore both of those scents.

On Skin: The mint and lavender have both disappeared and all I'm getting is the scent of fresh cut grass. I seriously smell like a lawn that's just been mowed and watered. This isn't what I was expecting, but I don't dislike it. On the contrary, I really enjoy it because it's the dead of winter up here and I miss seeing lawns and grass. The scent is still crisp and clean but there's definitely no mint or lavender anywhere.

Dry: Envy faded on me really quick. Within an hour it was gone. But, on the dry down, I did smell the lavender surface for a fleeting moment before all traces of this scent disappeared.

I really like this, despite being surprised by the sudden change. It makes me associate this scent with that old saying, "The grass is greener on the other side", which does correlate with envy in a way, so the name is appropriate in my experience. :D

Wet: A very fresh, sharp, cut-grassy sort of smell. Definitely green. Unusual, but nice.

Dry: The grassy smell very quickly fades, leaving a mellow, barely-there smell. Very natural.

Overall: I'll keep the imp but I don't think I'll get a bottle. While Envy is very pleasant, I generally prefer something with a bit more oomph. Fans of natural (is that perfume or do you smell that way?) would really enjoy it, I think.

This starts with a beautiful lavender. Mmmm! I like it so far!

Hmm... this pretty much stays lavender on me... any lime and mint are very well blended.

Luckily I like it a great deal as it is. :wub2:

all grass and herbs, a bit fresh (must be mint), and very very light! dissapears in minutes on me, I was surprised. <_<

Envy was my first BPAL love. I loved that almost fuzzy spearmint texture amidst the cool herbal coolness. Lots of greens, with great throw, and the lime was a great touch to pucker up the blend into something really casually pretty.

In the imp: Herbs, herbs, herbs. An overwhelming mixture of dark green herbs.

On, wet: Mint and grass.

On, dry: Smelling this in the imp, I didn't expect to like it. On my arm, though, it's a little lighter and sweeter than I thought. I'm not so sure it's "me," but it is very nice.

Wow, each sniff of the imp brought out a different note every time. Interesting.

On my skin the lavender really pops, with a nice background of greens. As it dries down the lavender remains right on top.

It's almost all lavender, with just a tiny hint of something green.. Not bad, but the fiance hates lavender, and it's not great enough for me to keep it around for when he isn't around. Off to the swaps.

Wet: Green, green, green. Like fresh-cut grass. No sign of the lime or lavender, which is a shame, but this is SO nice.

Dry: This is like stepping into a really nice garden. Mostly lush and grassy and herbal, but there's a little bit of sweetness underneath without it being floral (I am not a fan of florals). Incredibly calming and very "me." I spilled a bit of this on my shirt collar when I was putting it on, so it kept wafting up at me and it put me in a good mood all day!

Overall: I love this scent. I love it so much I want to take it behind the middle school and get it pregnant. I am definitely buying a full bottle.

Ok, it's time. Time for me to finally review my first bpal love. I purchased this imp in my first pack of imps ears, and it was the only one that I liked. And I still like it.

Wet, it's light purple & light green smelling. There's a slight sharpness slithering around (a boyfriend once compared it to chlorine). Not a bad sharpness - just something to let you know it isn't all pretty flowers & herbs.

As it dries, the purple & green colored smells overlap and the scent blends into green-blue-purple. I don't smell lime, but I'm guessing that is what is causing the sharpness. Whatever that is, it mellows & becomes a bridge to help merge the mint & lavender.

Envy smells really clean, and it has a slight watery feel (to me, at least). This is a scent to be worn on a warm summers day after a shower or a swim. It gives a sense of cool wetness.

(And, yes, I'm testing from a 2.5 year old imp ;))

I just received this as a frimp and omg, I love it! Wow! It's green and herbally, without being sharp or turning to soap. There is an initial rush of lime, but that fades almost immediently. I can catch the mint, but it's not overwhelming and adds a touch of coolness to the blend. I think I can smell the lavender, but it's really soft and compliments the green notes nicely.

My only complaint is that it fades very quickly. I'm going to have to try this in a scent locket to see if it sticks around longer.

I don't think that there is a more perfect scent for summer than envy. It is cool, crisp, and refreshing. It reminds me of drinking mojitos's on my balcony, pruning my lavender plants after it rains. Envy is alos a great sleeptime scent, when it is tooo fleipping hot to sleep in the dead of summer.

IN THE IMP: Very fresh and green, almost like freshly mowed grass, but with mint and herbs.

WET: Ooh, lots of fresh herbs and mint, still very green.

DRY: Still green, but a bit more subdued. The green grass smell has faded to the background, and it's more about the fresh herbs and mint, and a hint of lime. A while later, the herbs get a little more pungent, and the mint fades a little. Very refreshing, and I can definitely see it as a great summer scent.

Imp: Green is right. Then Mint…and trace lavender

Wet on me: Right now, mint and lavender mostly then the green plays

skip to my lou in the background

Drying Down: now the green has taken over the mint, lavender went into

hiding and I’m not sure where lime is. Hide N Sniff maybe?

Dry: now mostly green. The mint grabbed hands with the lavender, found

the hiding lime and off into the sunset they went.

When I first put this on, I smell grass. It certainly smells very green. I couldn't begin to pick everything out, but as it dries I get the feeling of clover, soft lavender definitely emerges, and little by little sharp mint comes through.

For a while, the lavender and mint dominate, so it doesn't smell green so much as like Somnus or something. It isn't medicinal or anything, though, it's actually very pretty in its way. I can JUST pick out a drizzle of lime, in the background.

As it dries further, the mint calms down and a more pronounced herbal quality emerges. I would imagine there's sage, and I'm pretty sure there's a little basil. What else, I don't know.

In the end, it's soft green, rounded herbal and clover scents, blended with a little fuzzy lavender and just a hint of mint to cut through and keep it from being too restful.

On the whole, this is not as immediately herbal as I expected. This is less like the Witch's Garden and more like the Passionate Shepherd. Being called envy, I thought this might be a sharper scent, but it's actually very soft and springy. Surprisingly feminine. With the lavender especially, it's very much like a window box of herbs. To be honest, when I think of "envy" I think I expect something that smells like Serpent with Glittering EYes, which is a mega-green scent with tons of citrus and major green musk.

In bottle: Pleasantly astringent. Eucalyptus and bergamot? Mint?

On me, wet: It continues to be pleasantly astringent. A refreshing, clean, brain-clearing smell. <looks up description of notes> Oh, lavender! Of course. How did I not recognize it? There is lavender in here, yep. And yes, I was right about the mint.

On me, drying: Hmm, possibly getting a little soapy now, though it still smells predominantly of crushed green leaves.

Later: Bleah, now it smells just like a dentist’s office! I cannot express the extent to which this scent accurately captures the smell of a dentist’s office – it’s uncanny. What LadyLuckless elsewhere described as a “sickly sterile” latex smell. Evocative but intolerable. What a tragedy!

In imp: Wet and SHARP! It bit my nose when i first sniffed it!!! Very very fresh.. i like it, but it is a cold scent.

On skin immediately: Did not morph over much. a little less astringent. nicer to a sensitive nose, but cool.

Shortly after: mhhh... getting kinda sweet (still not picking up any citrus) but breezy and nice. no more sharpness

Later: (after about 5 hours) light and airy, but with hints of cool mint and... some sort of sophisticated refinement.

verdict: To angry for me, and far too cold. But it is LOVELY on my mother.

This scent is definitely green but not the green I expected. When envy comes to my mind, it's a bright pea-green murky color. When I smelled this blend, it reminded me of misery; someone who wants to bring the whole world down because they are jealous and angry. A dark, unhappy money-green color came to mind. And that makes perfect sense!

It smelled miserable in the bottle and it remained miserable on my skin. Grass and herbs all the way. BPAL did an amazing job of capturing "envy" and putting it in a bottle.

Envy exceeded my expectations completely! I was looking for a scent that smelled like fresh cut grass,and the only one I've been able to find is Gap's Grass, which is nice but only lasts a very short time on me. In the vial, Envy smelled very promising. Wet and green with a touch of floral. On my skin, the grass exploded into a fresh cut summer meadow the morning after it rains. I could smell a touch of lavender, but it was mostly a fresh, grassy scent on me. :wub2: I didn't get any mint or lime out of this, and as much as I do love both those notes, Envy is wonderful without them. I'm surprised that this had such good throw and staying power, so I really lucked out with this one. It's been moved to the top of my "To Buy" list for a big bottle!

Hmmmm...this is ALL lavender on my skin. I like lavender in my bath, I love lavender soap but, as a perfume...not to much ><

Lavender perfumes either smell like classic masculine perfumes to me or like medicinal old lady body powder.

Unfortunately, Envy and I were not meant to be :violin: