Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
spark

Wine, Beer, Rum, Bourbon... the booze scents

Prospero from the Poes:

a rich Sangiovese vintage swirled through opulent amber, rich plum, champaca flower, and arrogant white musk.

My favorite is Makhanitis, though!

I've noticed that wine disappears pretty fast from anything. My housemate here recommends Wanda, she slathers that stuff and made lotion with it. If I remember right, Tintagel is pretty strong in the wine department. That one reminds me of a medieval Christmas feast.

Lots of great recs already, but I don't think anyone mentioned Blood Kiss yet?

Blood Kiss (Bewitching Brews) - "Lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk."

Yah for another wine note lover!! :joy: I also agree with some previous posts. Bordello is super yummy but sweeter. Sadly, Wanda broke my heart as it sounded perfect but my evil skin chemistry turned it into a sour mess. I have to mention one of my all time faves, Centzon Totochtin from the Excolo. It has a very strong wine note that is very irony to me. The notes are Mexican cocoa with rum, red wine, and a scent redolent of sacrificial blood. It's heaven!

Seconding Montresor...I don't see it around very often, but it is an amazing wine scent. Halloween: Las Vegas was very strong with the wine to me, but turned nasty on my skin. I find Kali to be pretty much all wine, and don't get much wine from Bordello at all, but if you haven't tried that one yet, I recommend it anyway, yum! So yeah...nothing really new to add, just seconding some great suggestions!

I found St. Foutin de Varailles to be a nice wine scent.

Description: Beeswax, frankincense, dried rose petals, and a dribble of wine.

It says there is only a dribble but its a very candle/red wine scent to me. :)

The discontinued Madrid was the strongest BPAL wine scent I've ever found, but also softly floral and wearable. It was GC for a very long time. Bottles of it seem to pop up on ebay and the forum pretty readily, so it might not be that hard to come by.

If you looking for a wine that is unapologetically strong and boozy and dark, then Nosferatu might work.

Athens also has a strong red wine note, to my nose.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

Moon of Horses is my favorite so far.

Grape vines, cinnamon, frankincense, olive leaf, red wine, saffron, stacte, galbanum, costus root, smoke, and brimstone.

I was just poking around on the bpal site, and noticed that Soothing System from the Gris Grimly collection is described as a "lunatic's vintage cabernet". That sounds promising.

Tintagel has a nice wine note for me. When I used to work at a wine shop, I loved to wear it :D

Edited by backthatelfup

What do you guys think of Port Royal in terms of it being a booze scent? I'm interested in trying it but am not completely sold yet.

I get a salty sea air rum scent from Port Royal and in Pirate Moon!

Has anyone mentioned John Barleycorn? Am dying to try it but never seem to get round to listing a decant of it, wondering how beery it'd be.

Berry Moon 2011 has "brandy" listed in its notes. The notes list has lots of berries, but alcohol is definitely the dominant note here.

2014 Lupers with booze notes include:

Saint Foutin de Varailles: Beeswax, frankincense, dried rose petals, and a dribble of wine.

Death Shall Come in with Thee: Opium poppy, smoke, and tar with green cognac, brittle white vanilla pod, white sandalwood, and clove bud.

The Flowers Cleave Apart: Honeyed jasmine, white neroli, red sandalwood, champaca, and raspberry wine.

Weeping Faces of Wearied Loves: Oman frankincense, grape flowers, sweet myrrh, black currant bud, and Haitian vetiver stained by red wine.

Absinthe Bonbon: Wormwood essence, light mints, cardamom, anise, hyssop, and the barest hint of lemon embraced by white chocolate.

Blood Kiss Bonbon: Dark chocolate and lush, creamy vanilla and the honey of the sweetest kiss smeared with the vital throb of husky clove, swollen red cherries, but darkened with the vampiric sensuality of vetiver, soporific poppy and blood red wine, and a skin-light pulse of feral musk.

Geisha in a State of Rumpled Annoyance: French lavender, white plum blossom, white ginger, and rice wine.

Lovers in the Tea House: Sake and matcha tea with amber incense, golden sandalwood, and yōkan.

It will be interesting to see how these fare! :)

Bumping this because I'm in search for more bpal wine scents! I adore the wine note in Nosferatu. I looked over everyone's responses and didn't see Horreur Sympathique mentioned? That one is on my list to try.

Soothing System seems like a sure win, but after reading reviews, not so sure. Blood Rose is great if I am in the mood for rose at all. But still would prefer a wine scent without.

What I do not care for - Bordello (didn't smell like wine to me at all - just sweet and plum candy). Also, would prefer a scent without leather.

Anyway, hoping to revive this thread! Truest or yummiest Red Wine scents? Thanks in advance :wub2:

Edited by ziggystardust13

I think hands down the best wine blend on me so far is Smut.

Smut is just......... :thud:

I also love red musk - so this one is added to my wishlist, thanks!

I am so surprised that no one had mentioned Medea in this thread. It's so lovely. Kind of has an expensive glass of red wine that you sip sitting outside by the sea at night.

I'm not good at describing it, but it's mysterious and sexy and beautiful.

Bumping this because I'm in search for more bpal wine scents! I adore the wine note in Nosferatu! I looked over everyone's responses and didn't see Horreur Sympathique mentioned? That one is on my list to try.

Soothing System seems like a sure win, but after reading reviews, not so sure. Blood Rose is great if I am in the mood for rose at all. But still would prefer a wine scent without.

What I do not care for - Bordello (didn't smell like wine to me at all - just sweet and plum candy). Also, would prefer a scent without leather.

Anyway, hoping to revive this thread! Truest or yummiest Red Wine scents? Thanks in advance :wub2:

Obsidian Widow for sure. It's amazing. The wine listed is Pinot Noir, and it is juicy dark and red. Winning. The rose in this is not strong at all, in fact I didn't even know it had rose in it. It's much more of a wine scent than Blood Rose IMO.

Edited by stellamaris

Bumping this because I'm in search for more bpal wine scents! I adore the wine note in Nosferatu! I looked over everyone's responses and didn't see Horreur Sympathique mentioned? That one is on my list to try.

Obsidian Widow for sure. It's amazing. The wine listed is Pinot Noir, and it is juicy dark and red. Winning. The rose in this is not strong at all, in fact I didn't even know it had rose in it. It's much more of a wine scent than Blood Rose IMO.

Thank you Stellamaris! I've added that to my wishlist.

So turns out boozy scents in general work for me. I'm also loving rum and chardonnay notes! Perversion has become my absolute fave. Would love to try some others. I see a lot of rum scents that are in the aquatic category (usually not my type of scent) but I am up for trying anything. Love aquatic on my hubby though. Can't wait to test Jolly Roger on him! I am, however, keeping my eyes open for other rum type scents for myself! Jazz Funeral is def on my list, along with Grog. Recs welcome :)

Edited by ziggystardust13