Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
spark

Wine, Beer, Rum, Bourbon... the booze scents

Zadock Allen sounds really good :thumbsup: , thanks for that.

Thank you for these sugesstions so far, I'll be looking into those most definitely. I've got some Bocal De Sang here too, have only really tested it once I think, will have to pull it out again.

I don't think anyone's mentioned Lilith yet. I got a frimp from a very generous person with an order from the swap board, and I surprisingly loved the wine note. It's a dark scent, but I really like the booziness. I like Blood Countess as well, but it is a more "fruity" wine note than Lilith, which doesn't agree with me quite as well.

What do you guys think of Port Royal in terms of it being a booze scent? I'm interested in trying it but am not completely sold yet.

What do you guys think of Port Royal in terms of it being a booze scent? I'm interested in trying it but am not completely sold yet.

I didn't get rum at all from Port Royal, just light woods at first - then the prostitutes perfume took over.

My favorite rum scent right now is Pahoehoe. It smells like bananas foster.

Aremata-Popoa, also from the Atomic Tiki Lounge, is a nice light rum on me.

Dance of the Mirlitons starts out well, like eating a rum-ball cookie in a polished wood room, but it dries down to a vanilla floral.

I didn't get rum at all from Port Royal, just light woods at first - then the prostitutes perfume took over.

My favorite rum scent right now is Pahoehoe. It smells like bananas foster.

Aremata-Popoa, also from the Atomic Tiki Lounge, is a nice light rum on me.

Dance of the Mirlitons starts out well, like eating a rum-ball cookie in a polished wood room, but it dries down to a vanilla floral.

Hmm, I'll probably be skipping it in that case, and try one of the others you suggested instead. Dance of the Mirlitons sounds particularly appealing since vanilla is another scent I love - although Pahoehoe is sounding really good too. (I can see my wanted list expanding right before my eyes...) Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Hmm, I'll probably be skipping it in that case, and try one of the others you suggested instead. Dance of the Mirlitons sounds particularly appealing since vanilla is another scent I love - although Pahoehoe is sounding really good too. (I can see my wanted list expanding right before my eyes...) Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Dance of the Mirlitons was a LE from the 2010/2011 Yules, so it won't be available from the Lab any more, but you should be able to find some on the swaps/sales forum if you want to try it out.

And other people do get rum from Port Royal, but I tend to amp floral like crazy and even the tiniest bit of "perfume" scents drown out everything else. It really depends on what you think about floral perfumes and how they behave on your skin.

Are you looking for a first order?

Dance of the Mirlitons was a LE from the 2010/2011 Yules, so it won't be available from the Lab any more, but you should be able to find some on the swaps/sales forum if you want to try it out.

And other people do get rum from Port Royal, but I tend to amp floral like crazy and even the tiniest bit of "perfume" scents drown out everything else. It really depends on what you think about floral perfumes and how they behave on your skin.

Are you looking for a first order?

Yeah, I've seen it when looking over the Nutcracker/Christmas Carol LEs (they all sound so amazing) and while I probably won't be able to get my hands on a bottle I'm hoping to get an imp of it at some point.

Usually it's the sweeter notes that end up having most throw on me (seriously, I tried the Body Shops's new strawberry perfume hours ago and I can still smell it everywhere) but I've already got a few floral perfumes, and an imp or two of wine scents on the way (including Zadok Allen Vinyard which I've seen mentioned a few times on this post, I can't wait to try it) so I was hoping for something different, and rum seemed like a good note to try since I absolutely love it when using it in baking.

So far I've just bought some imps here on the forum and on LJ to see what scents work on me so that I can look into getting bottles from the lab. I'm in Europe so the shipping is kind of expensive and I want to be sure of what I want before ordering.

No one has brought up The Obsidian Widow yet? The pinot noir dominates for sure. It's not listed in the notes, but I could pick out cider/mulled wine in Samhain.

These Marchen blends also contain booze: Beer from the Marsh Woman's Brewery and The Witch's Repast.

My favourite booze scents are:

Dark Chocolate, Whiskey & Cognac Truffle - smells like chocolate martini on me.

Zadok Allen Vineyard - red wine, blood and incense.

Mother Shub's Spiced Lait de Chèvre - Bailey's Irish Cream!

Lambs-Wool - cider, milk and spices.

Grand Guignol - apricot brandy, dead on.

I need to go back and try The Obsidian Widow and Nosferatu. I love them, but I can't remember if they smell boozey or not!

Edited by symphonyinsilence

Oh, I've tried Nosferatu, and I did get the wine. I also got the earth, dankness and decaying bones, so unless I were going to a goth ball or Vampire: The Masquerade night, it wasn't something I'd wear.

I've certainly tried Juke Joint and Twenty-One, they smell so very boozy, it's hard to carry them off. It's possible to smell drunk without smelling good-looking.

Nobody mentioned Absinthe in all this time? That's a lovely boozy anise scent.

I wouldn't grab Ogun for the gin/juniper -- that's strictly a backnote to the MELON.

One of my favorite hoarded LE scents is Enkhespalos, which is a blend of leather and cognac. It's sheer heaven. My favorite dress-up scent.

I can't believe Halloween: Las Vegas hasn't been mentioned! It's Snake oil, meets Dorian, Meets Sangria, a hint of smoke, and frosting...it's Amazeballs.

It was Forum only, but it may still be available!!

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/forumonly.html

Oh, and SMUT, which is up now with the Lupers: Red musk and booze notes!

Edited by sharkdiver

Hi all--

The search feature on the site is down, so I can't just search for which perfumes have strong red wine notes in them. I've tried Lady Macbeth and really liked the wine-y-ness of it, but what else is there with a dominant red wine note?

Thanks!

Fairy Wine is the STRONGEST wine I've ever smelled! It's crazy how much just like wine it smells! I've never worn it but I sniffed it at one of the lunacy events!

Edited by Lokabrenna

I can think of a few LE's: Montresor (my favorite wine scent), Halloween: Las Vegas, Mason & Jenkins Port Wine Jelly, Gluhwein, Zadok Allen Vineyard.

There's quite a bit of wine discussion in this boozy rec thread, too.

Edited by alterosen

Obsidian Widow spring to mind for me - on me it was so strongly red wine that I ended up swapping it away

General catalogue scents with wine listed as a note:

Queen Alice - Carnation, posies, and white amber with a hint of inky treacle, sandy cider, and wooly wine.

Cockaigne - milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine.

Kali - This perfume is a blend of the sacred blooms of cassia, hibiscus, musk rose, Himalayan wild tulip, lotus and osmanthus swirled with offertory dark chocolate, red wine, tobacco, balsam and honey.

Obsidian Widow spring to mind for me - on me it was so strongly red wine that I ended up swapping it away

I second this suggestion

You could also try Lilith - Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.

Fairy Wine is the STRONGEST wine I've ever smelled! It's crazy how much just like wine it smells! I've never worn it but I sniffed it at one of the lunacy events!

I wouldn't say Fairy Wine smells like RED wine. White perhaps, or dandelion wine, but not red wine.

The Obsidian Widow has a red wine note (pinot noir, but that's a red wine grape). And The Zadok Allen Vineyard of course, but that was an LE. I couldn't think of another one right now that I tried myself.

There are also quite a few scents that do not have a wine note but that reviewers think have a wine smell to them. You can enter 'wine' in the advanced search of the forum and then search the review section.

Edited by Zorra

The GC Wanda is very Wine to me. I've a bottle if you like!

Along with Loviatar, she has become something of a Patron Goddess of all Dominatrixes, Wanda is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch’s fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

Edited by Absinthetics

It's an LE, but Makhanitis (from the 2010 Lupers) is a really dark luscious red/burgundy wine - reviews here:

Makhanitis

Deviser, contriver.

Black plum, burgundy wine, sandalwood, and champaca.

In the GC, it has to be Bordello for a lusty fruity wine - reviews here:

A decadent, deep perfume, lusty and luxuriant. The scent evokes images of velvet-lined Old West cathouses, tightly laced corsets, rustling petticoats and coquettish snarls of pleasure. Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.

I hope you find something you love! :smile:

An LE... A Game Called Yes & No. Mulled wine and marzipan. I recently got a half bottle of this, and it was more wine than marzipan to me, but in a nice, soft wine scent.

Edited by Numanoid

I know Bordello is a sweeter wine for most people, but on me it gets darker. It's in my top 10 for much of that reason.

Halloween: Las Vegas also comes out with more wine than a lot of the other scents on me.

The aftermath of piratical nuptials: walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.