Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Recommmendations for Green Scents

I second Robin Goodfellow. I don't know why I didn't mention it as it's one of my staple imps.

I think Asphodel's slated to go, so if you want to try it, I suggest hurrying.

How about Christmas Rose? It's not GC, but it is currently available. It's very green, herbal, and light, with just a hint of floral undertone. And the Yule scents are up through, what? January 11?

You may want to skim the Recs thread on green scents for some general ideas, too.

Oh wow I didn't even see that and I did a search and everything. Thanks! Lemme know if you're going to merge threads. :P

Oh, no merge necessary (unless you want me to move the discussion there) :D You have a lot of wiggle room in this section - usually when there's a thread where someone's looking for recs for gifts and they've got some specifics, it just stays on its own, then I archive it after no one's posted in it for 30 days or so, to give the OP time to dabble, order, comment, etc. (For those who are curious about how I sort it all out, you can read this post - and if anyone's having trouble searching or finding their way around Recs, of course, drop me a line and I'll be glad to help.)

I get weird results myself at times using multiple search terms and I am not sure that wildcard searches work the way that they did before the last forum update, so it is possible that search gremlins kept you from finding that thread.

Hope you find some things that your sister likes! Although I like green scents in general, they're not my favorite category - but 51 is one of my top ten and I am really loving Pollution these days. Elsewhere in my collection, The Mock Turtle's Lessons, Pontarlier, Rosalind, and Tweedledum were all bottle worthy. All have a green element but they're all very different from one another, which is fun. And although I can't really wear Shoggoth, one sniff of it just screams bright green to me.

I vote for Envy-- mint, lime, and green herbs. Very green, and very clean smelling, so not over-powering or perfume-y. I'm a little florals person myself, and while this isn't floral, it is the one mint that I really like.

I just realized today that I forgot TEMPEST: (Company says: A crisp ozone-tinged breeze. The scent of the first gentle rain before the storm.) It's very green and fresh, though vaguely floral.

Oh, no merge necessary (unless you want me to move the discussion there) :P You have a lot of wiggle room in this section - usually when there's a thread where someone's looking for recs for gifts and they've got some specifics, it just stays on its own, then I archive it after no one's posted in it for 30 days or so, to give the OP time to dabble, order, comment, etc. (For those who are curious about how I sort it all out, you can read this post - and if anyone's having trouble searching or finding their way around Recs, of course, drop me a line and I'll be glad to help.)

So much great discussion of recently released green scents had gone on in Tamburlaine's thread, I thought it would be really helpful to the Green fans to merge it into the general green discussion. =) Spring is coming (oh please, hurry up spring!) so the action will be picking up in this thread!

Hello all. This is my first post and I'm completely new to BPAL too, so please excuse any blunders.

I've never seen anything quite like the Alchemy Lab. I've been poring over the scent descriptions and member reviews and recommendations. All the descriptions sound enchanting and it's extremely difficult to choose!

But maybe you can help me. There's a particular smell that I fell in love with a few years ago. If I can find something similar I will die and go to smell heaven. One lovely spring day I picked off a fuzzy bud from a dogwood tree and broke it open - I've never smelled anything quite so pungent, alive, and powerfully green. (As great as it smelled, I never did it again, because I felt bad about harming the tree.) Are there any BPAL scents that kick you with vibrant GREEN in quite the same way?

One request for the request - I'm not fond of a heavy dose of eucalyptus, so I probably wouldn't be keen on a smell that was dominated by that. But almost every other green smell is welcome.

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

The first thing that comes to my mind is HEMLOCK...the oil color is even green :D I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it's the greenest of the green scents I've come across :) A definite favorite of mine :)

The first thing that comes to my mind is HEMLOCK...the oil color is even green :D I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but it's the greenest of the green scents I've come across :) A definite favorite of mine :)

Oh, interesting! I probably wouldn't have considered that one on my own just going by the name and description. Thanks so much for for the suggestion!

Green! Here are some of my favorites:

Yggdrasil - clear, green, sweet, woodsy, like a deciduous forest

Mag Mell - I used to think of it as green, though now it seems more sunny-yellow to me. Really beautiful

Garden Path with Chickens - fresh, green, herby *** This is the one I recommend most for you

Antony - amber with green-ness

The Apothecary - a clear day in a green field

Bayou - Green, wet, damp, trees and moss

Phantom Queen - green like aloe and sweetgrass

The Unicorn - green and linden-flowers

Ochosi - somewhere between herbs and forest

There are lots of other "greens" that involve pine/evergreen/fir, and they're great, I just don't like wearing pine as a perfume. Also, for me, BPAL's eucalpytus, when it *is* there, burns off very quickly as I wear it (like within 15 minutes or a half-hour) so don't discount something entirely if you smell eucalyptus when it's in the bottle.

Also check out these threads:

The most natural or lifelike scents?, forest, earth, rain, water, grass, moss and so on...

Recommmendations for Green Scents

Fresh, green grass

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Rappaccini's Garden series, especially Squirting Cucumber & Strangler Fig.

Squirting Cucumber is cucumber and green grass.

Strangler Fig smells like crushed green leaves, sap, and bark.

It's LE and gone, but Host of the Air should still be easy enough to get, and that's one of the greenest things I've ever smelled.

Green! Here are some of my favorites:Yggdrasil - clear, green, sweet, woodsy, like a deciduous forestMag Mell - I used to think of it as green, though now it seems more sunny-yellow to me. Really beautifulGarden Path with Chickens - fresh, green, herby *** This is the one I recommend most for youAntony - amber with green-nessThe Apothecary - a clear day in a green fieldBayou - Green, wet, damp, trees and mossPhantom Queen - green like aloe and sweetgrassThe Unicorn - green and linden-flowersOchosi - somewhere between herbs and forestThere are lots of other "greens" that involve pine/evergreen/fir, and they're great, I just don't like wearing pine as a perfume. Also, for me, BPAL's eucalpytus, when it *is* there, burns off very quickly as I wear it (like within 15 minutes or a half-hour) so don't discount something entirely if you smell eucalyptus when it's in the bottle.Also check out these threads:The most natural or lifelike scents?, forest, earth, rain, water, grass, moss and so on...Recommmendations for Green ScentsFresh, green grass
Wow, thank you for taking the time to compile this! The chicken one is appealing from the name alone, so that coupled with a strong rec might just be our winner. off to read the reviews of these before I commit. (Also, I apologize if I created a redundant thread...I didn't notice the other green-related threads before I got started. Thanks also for pointing that out in a gracious way : ) )
I'd definitely recommend checking out the Rappaccini's Garden series, especially Squirting Cucumber & Strangler Fig.Squirting Cucumber is cucumber and green grass.Strangler Fig smells like crushed green leaves, sap, and bark.
Rappaccini's garden definitely seems like the place to be for green! Thank you for the suggestions.
It's LE and gone, but Host of the Air should still be easy enough to get, and that's one of the greenest things I've ever smelled.
Cool! I didn't even think to consider the discontinued-but-still-circulating scents out there.
Arkham has a dogwood note. :D
Ohh, neat - do you know if it's a floral-y note or more tree?

I love the greens =) I tried to think of the most plant like, not perfume like

My recs:

Strangler Fig (sappy, thick green)

Eden (very lush, with some tropical feel)

Leanan Sidhe (delicate green)

Nocnitsa (green forest and dirt)

Amsterdam (grass and fresh cut flowers)

Squirting Cucumber (sweet and very cucumber fresh)

some others to consider, a little diff from above, either green or a very fresh realistic feel

Ulalume (the end of green, very autumn leaves and a little wet outside)

Deep in Earth (the scent of digging in your garden outside)

Santa Muerte (very unusual, but very 'plant like')

Defututa (this one isnt green at all, but i love the olive blossom in it!)

Embalming Fluid (fresh, clean, greenish but not planty)

Envy (another that is green, but not plants)

Mock Turtle (another that is green, but not plants)

I love the greens =) I tried to think of the most plant like, not perfume like

My recs:

Strangler Fig (sappy, thick green)

Eden (very lush, with some tropical feel)

Leanan Sidhe (delicate green)

Nocnitsa (green forest and dirt)

Amsterdam (grass and fresh cut flowers)

Squirting Cucumber (sweet and very cucumber fresh)

some others to consider, a little diff from above, either green or a very fresh realistic feel

Ulalume (the end of green, very autumn leaves and a little wet outside)

Deep in Earth (the scent of digging in your garden outside)

Santa Muerte (very unusual, but very 'plant like')

Defututa (this one isnt green at all, but i love the olive blossom in it!)

Embalming Fluid (fresh, clean, greenish but not planty)

Envy (another that is green, but not plants)

Mock Turtle (another that is green, but not plants)

Thank you for taking the time to suggest and describe these! Strangler Fig's had several recs by now, and looking at the reviews, it's sounding more and more tempting.

I'll be sure to update this when I finally make a decision. I think I may have to get a set of imps to compare and contrast : )

Envy: green herbs, mint, lime and lavender

The Apothecary: tea leaf, three mosses, green grass, herbs, ginger and fig

Amsterdam: tulips, peony, fresh water and crisp grass

Shanghai: green tea, lemon verbena and honeysuckle

Ochosi: shea, forest herbs and sprucewood

The Witch's Garden: morning glory vines, rampion, carrot, parsley, monkshood, hemlock, elfwort, sage, wormwood and mandrake

Green Phoenix (Limited Edition, but findable here on the Forums): sage, white mint, grey amber, papaya pulp, crushed grass, cucumber, green musk, green tea and lime rind

The Witch's Garden is green in a very odd way-- the parsley is perfectly lifelike and the rest smells kind of "cool vegetable"-ish. Amsterdam and Shanghai may sound rather floral, but they were very clear, straightforward "green" to me.

Arkham has a dogwood note. :D

Ahh yes...I LOVE Arkham. Great recommendation! It's very green, woodsy and slightly floral ^_^

Envy: green herbs, mint, lime and lavender

The Apothecary: tea leaf, three mosses, green grass, herbs, ginger and fig

Amsterdam: tulips, peony, fresh water and crisp grass

Shanghai: green tea, lemon verbena and honeysuckle

Ochosi: shea, forest herbs and sprucewood

The Witch's Garden: morning glory vines, rampion, carrot, parsley, monkshood, hemlock, elfwort, sage, wormwood and mandrake

Green Phoenix (Limited Edition, but findable here on the Forums): sage, white mint, grey amber, papaya pulp, crushed grass, cucumber, green musk, green tea and lime rind

The Witch's Garden is green in a very odd way-- the parsley is perfectly lifelike and the rest smells kind of "cool vegetable"-ish. Amsterdam and Shanghai may sound rather floral, but they were very clear, straightforward "green" to me.

Another great batch of suggestions...you folks are awesome. Thank you!

blade of grass is very "green" but it's more of a warmy scent... like laying in the grass on fall day with the sun on your face.