Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Recommmendations for Green Scents

I really really love green scents. However, all the BPAL green scents seem to fall into four categories. They're either lemon balm herbal, sharp aquatic, sharp herbal, or evergreen.

I want to try something different! Anything out there?

Try Habu from the Snake Pit. It's green and wet, with some woods and incense to keep things interesting.

Habu is a great suggestion - I think the bamboo adds that green element for me. As a matter of fact, I find any of the BPAL blends with bamboo to be very green, but usually very mellow. Of course, a number of my favorite ones are limited editions so you can only find them through swaps or sales (in particular, I love Holiday Moon and Whippoorwill). I did a search and found other blends with bamboo include Dragon Moon, Harvest Moon 2006, Neo-Tokyo, and Sleepy Moon.

Two very unusual scents that I would at least overlap into the green category are The Apothecary - mossy, grassy, figgy green - and Two, Five & Seven, which is rosy floral green.

New GC scent - Squirting Cucumber!

Did you already try it? :P

no - just saw the description.

My local ice cream place makes cucumber ice cream in the summer - very slightly sweet, very good.u

Ooh, Arkham is a gorgeous woodsy-green scent with a hint of florals but no pine, at least not on me. Neo-Tokyo is light and fresh and pretty. Tweedledum isn't exactly green, technically, but it just smells somehow green to me. It's kumquat and very soft (usually I don't like the note) patchouli on me. Smells earthy and fresh. :P

New GC scent - Squirting Cucumber!

Did you already try it? :P

no - just saw the description.

My local ice cream place makes cucumber ice cream in the summer - very slightly sweet, very good.u

Icecream? That sounds interesting ... I'd like to try something like that.

I really hope that SQ ist really green - but I won't believe it till I've tried it :D (hope I can order it soon)

So I've been trying to enable my sister, but it's been in vain thus far because she has the complete opposite taste from mine. I like dark and sexy resins and oriental blends, but Hannah likes very light flowers and things that smell "white" and "green".

Because I WILL NOT REST until my sister's been properly indoctrinated to the BPAL way, the time has come to officially ask you all for recommendations.

I'm thinking that right now Green Phoenix is a must-have for my sister, but I'm seeking GCs for her too. I'm thinking Squirting Cucumber, but what else is there that's green and youthful and fresh but also a little more exotic and likely for a 16-year old to wear? My sister also likes things that smell like melon or like water -- but not in that "Cool Water" manly aftershave way -- in a fresh and sunny way. She doesn't like things that are too sugary-sweet.

Unbelievably, my sister seems to be the only 16-year old I know who doesn't want to smell like frosting and cookies every day. She wants to smell like sweet freshly-cut grass, watery and juicy not-yet-totally-ripe watermelons, and spring afternoons.

Suggestions, anyone? :P

To my nose, Garden Path with Chickens is the greenest, lightest floral I have. Your sister might like it, plus it has such a cool name!

Green Phoenix for sure!

I'd say F5 (green and fresh) and Cancer '07 (watery and green) if you can get your hands on them, but you're asking for GCs...

Szepassony is rain, wind, and white flowers. 51 is nice and green. I got lots of melon from Ogun, but she may not like the tobacco or chili powder. She might also like Shattered: A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms. It's a little more sophisticated than melon, but she might appreciate the "grown-up" scents.

Green Phoenix for sure!

I'd say F5 (green and fresh) and Cancer '07 (watery and green) if you can get your hands on them, but you're asking for GCs...

Szepassony is rain, wind, and white flowers. 51 is nice and green. I got lots of melon from Ogun, but she may not like the tobacco or chili powder. She might also like Shattered: A blend of white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms. It's a little more sophisticated than melon, but she might appreciate the "grown-up" scents.

I should have bought her Cancer when it came out. I mean, she IS a Cancer... but she also told me she "didn't want perfume" when I asked her what she wanted, so I let it slide. Booo. :/

And you're right about 51; I forgot about that blend. Nice. I'll have to get her an imp pack. *does the enabling dance*

Here is what I wrote in my review for The Apothecary:

This is so unlike what I had been expecting. I was thinking that it would be darker, more medicinal, slightly bitter, but instead it opened up on my skin as green clover and morning grasses, light fresh florals and green tea. I can smell hints of the ginger, but it isn't particularly spicey on me. I'm also starting to smell the fig and it is a fresh fig, slightly green and still on the tree.

It might be one to try. :P

Adding to the love for 51! It's amazing stuff! Very green and appropriate for someone younger.

Embalming Fluid smells green to me too. It's another favorite of mine. Very fresh and bright without getting in your face with it.

I just ordered Green Phoenix, so I can't wait to try that one!

green phoenix is a big yes for green. garden path with chickens is also a great green.

my main green scent right now is yemaya. the melon and grape scent is so green to me.

I was going to pop in to mention 51 and Yemaya, because those two sound perfect, but I've been beaten to the punch. Yemaya is more floral than 51, which is a fresh, crisp green. Embalming Fluid is another one that is in the same family as 51, for me. If you can get any, she might like Snow-Flakes, but Snow White is a decent alternative.

Edited by cordia

Oooh, Amsterdam. It's such a pretty white floral. And it's light and feminine and fresh.

And what about Dirty? Not really green but it might fit the bill.

Also, Dormouse. Light and floral but a little unexpected.

I also enjoy Loup Garou though that might be too gender neutral or even masculine (I don't think it is, but I can see how someone else might.)

I definitely recommend embalming fluid, 51, and squirting Cucumber. You might also try Kumiho. I find that green tea really does smell Green.

I think Greed might be an interesting choice; also, I found Ides of March and the Beltanes to be nicely greenish without being too sweet.

I like Dian's Bud and Lady of Shallot when I want to smell fresh and clean....I don't know that they could be described as green but they seem fresh and sunny and nice.

I think a lot of the Illyria blends might be good ones - In particular, I get grass from Rosalind and Ophelia is a nice light aquatic floral. Titania is a nice fruity floral with a melon note too.

I definitely agree with 51 (it's the blend that makes me think GREEN immediately, a lovely glowing green) - others you might want to try would be Sundew (glowing floral, more yellow than green, but bright and sunny), The Ghost and Asphodel (both green florals, to my nose).

Hmm, Robin Goodfellow smells exactly like fresh green leaves to me if you want to try something a little different. And I am very fond of Shanghai, it's very bright and fresh.