Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Recommmendations for Green Scents

I'm gonna say Jabberwocky.

And I agree! I think it's a great scent. And, since your mom likes eucalyptus, it does have a huge initial blast of Eucalyptus, that settles down into this beautiful softly sweet and light scent.

I find golden priapus to be vanilla and wood, not green in the least.

I think Dublin is very green. Also, even though it says white rose, I've never noticed it in there.

Wow you guys, more great suggestions! I actually tried Jabberwocky myself and found it to be pine and nothing but, which frightens me a little (okay, so I'm a little scared of pine). Certainly green though haha.

HI everyone!

I joined yesterday, and as soon as I posted my first Q, already I felt the caring help of several members. THANK YOU ALL.

However, I do want to purchase more from the Lab and also take part in swaps, so I ask:

What scent is the closest to the smell of freshly-cut grass? Or is evocative of a dewey Spring morning and the trees are just about to leaf/ bloom ?

Thanks everyone.

Hmmm, I think I remember The Apothecary as quite green/grassy? And Amsterdam, if you don´t mind a bit of flowing water & peony with the grass

Eden, Phantom Queen, and Xiuhulti (or however you spell it!@$%) are also very green, though not like grass, per se.

Phantom Queen is amazing! It smells like a meadow after it's been whipped around in a storm. It's very realistic smelling.

I'm reading and writing this all down...

My list will keep 'em busy at the lab.

Thanks everyone who offered recommendations.

I never thought I'd see anyone producing scents akin to "flowing water"...

wow.

I with those who recommended Phantom Queen. It's very meadow-y and grassy. I get a nice apple-y note in it as well. It's gorgeous.

I'd second (third) the recommendations for Glasgow, Rosalind, and Phantom Queen. Rosalind especially reminded me of grassy meadows and streams.

You might also want to try Roadhouse for something a bit different... it smelled very strongly of dandelions on me, but with a rather authentic boozy note that kind of turned me off. Still, worth trying, lol.

Strangler Fig smells like woody branches and green leaves. A very authentic tree smell.

And, of course, I must recommend Ochosi. My review of that one: "Ochosi is much warmer than I had expected. It smells like wandering through a dew-covered meadow on a balmy summer night. Wet air, grasses, and a honey-shea softness in the background. It's just as lovely as I had hoped that it would be." :P

I love the grassy tree scents...

oh boy...

that list is getting longer and longer. Good thing BPAL fans like to swap !

Thanks everyone, again.

To me, Two Five and Seven is also an incredibly green scent - it does have a rose overtone, but there is a very strong green leaves and grass scent to it to me.

EDIT: I also agree with the Glasgow vote. :P

Edited by Elri

I actually find Mantis is my favorite grassy blend although I'm not sure why it comes across that way. Maybe it's because the first imp I got was bright green!

Despite the amber and patchouli, there are green, green grassy herbs in it and it's just my favorite summery fresh green scent.

I really really love green scents. However, all the BPAL green scents seem to fall into four categories. They're either lemon balm herbal, sharp aquatic, sharp herbal, or evergreen.

I want to try something different! Anything out there?

I really really love green scents. However, all the BPAL green scents seem to fall into four categories. They're either lemon balm herbal, sharp aquatic, sharp herbal, or evergreen.

Odin is a magnificent golden-green amber, with herbal notes that add a cool freshness to what is otherwise a very warm scent.

Try Habu from the Snake Pit. It's green and wet, with some woods and incense to keep things interesting.

Pride is my FAVORITE spring green scent. Very green floral with a bit of white.

bpal violet turns green on me, though others have said it has on them too over here. might be the violet beth uses.

white moon is VERY green on me because of the violet, though it's LE. i avoid violet now cuz its not a pretty green scent. ;_;

also, it's not exactly 'green', but i died for beauty turns sort of...dark brown-green? also, nocnista, definitely. these are both 'dirt' scents.

Oooh! Try The Isle of Demons (Twin islands near Newfoundland, now lost, that were believed to be gateways to Hell. The scent is of wet, dark greenery, carnivorous flowers, volcanic gas, and the hot black musk of the demons and wild beasts that populated the islands.) It's in the Wanderlust section. It's definitely a different green scent than all the others and, after reading the reviews, everyone seems to get something a bit different.