Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Krista

Nutty scents - blends with nut notes or nuts

I searched, but couldn't find exactly what I want. I am looking for something really nutty, like a cross between Lush's Utterly Nutterly and The Body Shop's Nut Bubble Bath. I don't know what kind of nuts are in UN, but I love it so.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I looked up Utterly Nutterly. It seems to be a blend of almond & hazelnut.

Oils with hazelnut: Black Pearl, Hellcat, Danse Macabre, Pumpkin Patch 2, and Gluttony

Oils with almond: Eclipse, Voodoo, Inferno, Hellcat, Bastet, Hecate, Queen of Sheba, Salome, Seraglio, Eden, Port-au-Prince (and a few more that don't have it listed...)

Since Hellcat seems to have both, that might be a good place to start. I didn't get much hazelnut in Black Pearl, just screaming iris. Gluttony is good too, but very rich & sweet.

hope that helps :P

To me, Milk Moon smells very nutty. Salty, sweet, buttery, warm and gooey. I wear this one to bed every night. Not sure what makes it smell nutty to me, but it does.

Black Pearl...Danse Macabre, ...

Hecate, Queen of Sheba,  Eden, ...

I did not get heavy nutty out of these at all...Hecate, too, is almondy, but sweet and creamy and resiney-not particularly nutty.

I am thinking of trying Gluttony and Hellcat myself, looking for the "perfect" nut.

Dana O'Shee is *the* almond scent to me. Gluttony did have a lot of hazelnut, as did Hellcat, but both also had a lot else. Dana has a "pure almond" feel to me; I haven't found a pure hazelnut yet. OMG, Nutella! :P

HUGE second on the Dana O'Shee. Also, anything with a "milk" note seems rather almondy to me, but more amaretto-y than nutty.

You should ask Penance what has almond in it. She's allergic to it, like, hugely, so she knows! I seem to remember her saying that Baron Samedi was very almond, but I've never tried it, so that's solely based on a memory from chat.

It must be the hazelnut in UN, because typically I'm not an almond fan. I liked Dana O'Shee ok but it was too much like Marziban for me. Too sweet. Almonds tend to remind me of cherries. So if I could find a good deep hazelnut scent, I'd be in heaven.

Today, Queen of Sheba is quite nutty on me, in a honeyed roasted almond kind of way. Not the bitter cherry-almond scent it has at the beginning when the scent is wet, but more nutty.

Hellcat was nutty, but the rum ruined it for me. It was way too rummy for me, but you may be lucky.

I wish Bliss was Nutella on me...it turns to watered down Options (low fat chocolate drink) on my skin. :P

Seconding (thirding?) Hellcat, which smelled like the cinnamon nuts you get at Dickens Faire to me. Hamadryad was incredibly nutty on me, really too much so because I'm not a nut fan, if you wanted to try that.

The main scent I get from the Body Shop's Nut line is hazelnut -- it's a lot like the liqueur Frangelico, which is also hazelnut-based.

I'm of two minds about nutty scents -- I really like the scent of hazelnuts, but I hate the smell of almonds. Or at least, that almond extract/Amaretto smell -- real almonds don't smell like that. It just makes me think of cyanide.

I haven't yet found a BPAL scent that smells really strongly hazelnutty yet (the only one I've tried that had hazelnut in it as Black Pearl, and that was all iris on me), but I've found a few that have been killed for me by an excess of almond. :P

The one scent I've liked despite the almond in it is Bastet. It also has lotus in it, which I dislike as much as almond, but somehow manages to work for me despite those two notes.

Edited by Miss Lynx

I find Wezwanie/Hold (from the Retail Salons) really nutty. The notes are hazelnut, vanilla bean, red sandalwood, amber, myrrh, and honey - it starts out very hazelnutty and keeps a nutty tone even through drydown. It's a really yummy scent without being extremely sweet &/or foody.

On a mod note - I tweaked the title a bit to add some search terms. There is a separate thread for almond scents already but I thought I'd list some of the more commonly searched nuts to the title.

To Autumn is super nutty on me, from the most recent Halloweenies. It has unspecified "nutmeat" and it is really lovely and nutty, and not a super sweet or foody one. It's just..... nuts.

I definitely second Wezwanie/Hold. It's a strong, golden, creamy hazelnut. Very nutty and absolutely wonderful.

It looks, from early reviews, like some people are getting hazelnut and chocolate from Gelt. I'm hoping against that, myself, but it still may be worth checking out.

To Autumn is super nutty on me, from the most recent Halloweenies. It has unspecified "nutmeat" and it is really lovely and nutty, and not a super sweet or foody one. It's just..... nuts.

Ditto on To Autumn! It starts out with a very strong hazelnut note -- to my nose, that element fades down as the blend dries, but it's still really nice.

Besides To Autumn, I would recommend Gunpowder. To me it's like a really high end carrot cake, not too sweet, loaded with hazelnuts and walnuts, with some apple for good measure.

Now I'm dying to try Wezwanie/Hold. After the Yule craziness is over, I'll have to email Shelldoo and see if she would ship Wezwanie/Hold and Haloes to Australia.

Edited by Mrs.Black

Leo 2007 is my favorite nut blend. It has a walnut note, and it's very warm and golden.

I really loved the almond in Seraglio, as well

Edited by crimescenecleanup