Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

What do I do if I move or need to change address?

If, in the time between order placement and order shipment, you need to update or change your address (moving, sending to work instead of home, vice versa), email answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com for BPAL orders (or tradingpost@papow.net for BPTP orders) and let them know:

* order method/date/any relevent identifying information (ccnow - order #, paypal - primary email address & transaction #)

* when they should switch addresses

* where to send the package

If you know you are moving on a certain date, but don't necessarily know where you will be moving to, please let them know as they DO mark orders that need to refer to new addresses (though if you forget to follow up with your new address, it may be lost in the ether)

Example:

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be moving pretty soon. I currently have the following outstanding orders:

* CCNow - 4/21 - Order #12345

* Paypal - 5/01 - email@address.com - tnx #a21ad42c

My mailing addresses are:

> Today until May 19th:

(current address)

> May 20th through June 21st:

(interim address)

> After June 21st:

Unknown, will follow up

Keep in mind that if you do follow up, to include the original email and any responses from customer service, for their reference :P

Email Ted at answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com for assistance with that...as long as your order hasn't shipped yet, they're usually able to help you out. :D

I hope this is the appropriate place to ask...

I placed an order on 3/25 for six imps and four bottles (it went through and everything, too, I'm sure -- I got the confirmation email and I've been charged for the order already), but the address to which the order will be shipped is on-campus housing, which I'll be leaving within a week. It was pretty short-sighted of me to use this address instead of my summer one, but I've been doing it all year so I put it down without thinking. :D Could I still email ted at blackphoenixalchemylab to have the destination address changed if the order has not shipped at this time? I ask because this post was made in 2004 so this may no longer be the protocol... The website's FAQ seems to imply that I should instead direct this sort of question to answers at blackphoenixalchemylab? Thank you for your assistance, anyone who happens to know :P

Yeah, email "answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com", and if it's not shipped yet they should be able to help you. It won't be Ted who answers you, but someone helpful will. :P

I'd file a change of address with the post office too though, in case it has shipped already.

You email Ted for Black Phoenix TRADING POST.

For imps and bottles from Black Phoenix ALCHEMY LAB, definitely hit up

answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab. Yay labbies!

You will be answered forthwith.

What you want to know is if your package has shipped yet, and if so, whether or not it will arrive before you go. If NOT, your concern is that the person who will have the mailbox after you will be very *very* happy.

So...

If it's already mailed and doesn't arrive before the very last day, you need to address this question to your school's post office and do the beg, plead, etc.

Good luck!

ETA

Whoops! Should have left this for you! Sorry!

Edited by SueDonym

You email Ted for Black Phoenix TRADING POST.

For imps and bottles from Black Phoenix ALCHEMY LAB, definitely hit up

answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab. Yay labbies!

Yipe! Reading comprehension problems, sorry about that and thank you thank you both for the help :P

Well, if you sent to Puddin' he's very very nice and would likely forward it to the right direction. No worries either way. Good luck with your post office.

Yeah, email "answers (at) blackphoenixalchemylab (dot) com", and if it's not shipped yet they should be able to help you. It won't be Ted who answers you, but someone helpful will. :D

I'd file a change of address with the post office too though, in case it has shipped already.

Hopefully my own address update got there in time. Me wants my goodies! :P

I posted a few weeks ago for recommendations on my first order, and got some great ones. I gave my husband his imps for Father's Day and instructed him to choose one for me to order a larger bottle. I think he needs a 5 mL of Jolly Roger, and I need White Rabbit and/or Mouse's Long and Sad Tale. So, I need to place an order.

Thing is, I'm moving. We leave here on July 1 and hope to arrive at our new home around July 4-5.

I've noticed that it takes a little time for BPAL to fill an order. So I wonder if I would be safe ordering in the next couple of days, so that my lovely BPAL could be there shortly after we get to our new home? Or should I just play it conservative and wait to order until we are firmly ensconced in the new location and for sure able to receive the package when it arrives? (It's a cool climate we're going to so I doubt there would be any problem having the package arrive before us, but I'd rather not chance it anyway.)

Thanks!

I had this exact situation a year ago.  I figured I'd have plenty of time to move before my order showed up.  Naturally, that was the fastest turn around time I've ever had and my order was baking in my new black mailbox for who knows how many days.  Everything was fine, but I had a minor heart attack when I saw it!   :eek:

You can check the "I got my order" thread to give you an idea of how fast turn around times are.  Since you're ordering from the General Catalog instead of Limited Editions I'd say it'll probably ship fairly quickly.

I think you'll be cutting it very close. It looks like the lab is shipping orders very quickly right now (you can see the announcement that they're shipped thruogh Jun 18). When the lab is moving this fast, sometimes you have your order a week after you place it. So if I were you, I'd wait and order a day or two before I left my old house. Or if you'll have all your stuff packed up already and won't have access to a computer, just wait until you get to your new home. :)

oh, and BTW, there is a thread (currently on page 2) called "Planning your next order", and it seems likely that your topic will get merged with that. A mod will probably tell you where your thread went if it moves, but just so you know. :)

Edited by naeelah

You can ask for your order to be shipped to a friend, if that's an option...otherwise, since you're ordering GCs, I think it'd be better to wait. The Lab are pretty speedy this time of year, as others have said.

Apologies for necro-bump. Would the same method apply if the address I normally give would be my campus address, and, if I get a CnS after a certain point, I'll be at a home address for winter break until another certain point at which the normal shipping address would be the one to send to? (@.@)

Edited by Venneh

Venneh, I would say yes. I had to do the same thing a few years ago when I was still living on campus, and everything was taken care of! :wub2: I would e-mail them about a week before you head home if your package hasn't shipped yet, and repeat if it hasn't shipped a week before you move back, rather than sending them one e-mail with the dates you'll be in each place, as I'm sure that would be difficult for them to keep track of.

Hi, I know this thread is dead but I figured someone might see it and have advice anyway.

I got my click and ship late last night, that my package will be shipping out Monday, and my shipping address is incorrectly listed as a combination of my home and work address, i.e. an address that doesn't exist. (I'm bewildered at how this happened- my last order was in October and the addresses are correct, my order was placed through my account and I had no reason to change either when I logged in) I contacted bpal through the contact form as soon as I saw it this morning hoping they could somehow pull my package from the order pile.

Presuming they aren't able to change it before it goes out, is there any thing I can do to actually get the package? The name and street address are correct, but instead of my apartment number a nonexistent floor and company are listed. I'm afraid that will be enough for my local post office to just hold it for weeks before eventually sending it back. (I once sent a small package to a friend at the wrong address, and it literally took 8 months for it to be returned to me)

I live in a big city so it's not like I'm friendly with the local post office and/or they know who I am. Should I try talking to them anyway? I'm assuming it will at least initially arrive at the same post office because of the zip code.

Ugh, I'm so sad. :P

Sign in to follow this