Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chin

Lilac!

My favorite BPAL lilac is Dragon's Eye for sure!

I got an Imp of Dragons eye a while back and I can't smell Lilac in it at all.

I've also been on the lookout for a crisp Floral lilac smell so far I haven't stumbled upon one other then Lilac Wood that I like. Also been looking for Violets aswell, but I Prefer crisp scents, i find anything with Leather or Tobacco tends to drown out most things on me.

Seconding Dragon's Eye here, and how! I'm also a serious lilac fan, and Dragon's Eye was one of the first two imps I ever ordered. I think it's heavenly... but your mileage may vary depending on skin chemistry.

Note to self: try The Lilac Wood at some point or other. :)

You might wish to secure an imp of "Pontarlier" from the Wanderlust collection: "The legendary birthplace of the Green Fairy. Swiss ferns, lilac, blackcurrant, Gallic rose and lavender with a dollop of sugar and absinthe." When I wore it, the lilac note was very fresh and prominent.

Have you tried Cordelia? It smells like a great big lilac bush in the middle of the woods to me. Night Thoughts also has that big ol' lilac bush quality, but is a bit more on the cool/ozone side.

Cordelia: Lilac, lemon, green tea, wisteria, osmanthus, white cedar, and Chinese musk

Night Thoughts: Lilac, blue musk, dianthus, cedar, neroli, ozone, and luminous Eastern herbs

Any new scents you guys would recommend for my lilac fix? Driving home today, I saw many lilac bushes in bloom and I started craving their smell. I am hoarding Dragon's Eye but I'd like some more lilac dominant blends.

The lilac in Ouija is the most prominent note on me, but judging from other reviews that's not true for everyone.

Any new scents you guys would recommend for my lilac fix? Driving home today, I saw many lilac bushes in bloom and I started craving their smell. I am hoarding Dragon's Eye but I'd like some more lilac dominant blends.

I love the lady lucille's bedroom from the post. maybe my favorite bpal lilac of all time (although I admit I haven't run across very many that strike me as strong on the lilac.)

I ADORE lilacs. My faves are Glaucous Snow from the Post, and Eusapia, but I also really like the Lilac Wood. Adante con Fantasia from this year's Lupers is lilac and honey on me with a touch of lime, which is lovely too.

I ADORE lilacs. My faves are Glaucous Snow from the Post, and Eusapia, but I also really like the Lilac Wood. Adante con Fantasia from this year's Lupers is lilac and honey on me with a touch of lime, which is lovely too.

Yes, Glaucous Snow! So beautiful. And Adante con Fantasia is lovely. I'm also a big fan of Pontarlier.

I have a new lilac love. The Unicorn, Rushing Against the Tree, Fixed its Horn so Fast in the Trunk that it Could Not Draw it Out: Ethereal white orris, pale early lilacs, mallow flower, Queen of the Night, white moss, and dusk-lit mist.

For some reason, the lilac lasts so long on my skin in this blend and it remains a star player from opening to drydown. Definitely back-up bottle worthy.

I love Lilac in all forms and just adore when Beth makes scents with it.

That said---- One of my all time favorite Lilac scents is Ashlultum from Act 4 of the Carnaval. It's pure lilac and vanilla musk on me and absolutely stunning.

That said---- One of my all time favorite Lilac scents is Ashlultum from Act 4 of the Carnaval. It's pure lilac and vanilla musk on me and absolutely stunning.

Now I'm even more impatient for Act 4.

Now I'm even more impatient for Act 4.

Me too, that sounds so perfect!

OK, my fellow Lilac Lovers, time to bump this thread.

My favorite Lilac scents follow but I am compelled to ask if there are moar:

His Station and 4 Aces

Lysander

The Lilac Wood

Dragon's Eye

Blood Countess

I would love to get my paws on a Blue Lilac SN or just sniff one

The Lilac Wood is one of my favorite BPAL scents, and I hope it comes back someday!

I actually got a lot of lilac from the GC scents Veil (White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang) and Nocturne (Deepest violet touched with lilac and tuberose), but again, judging from the reviews that's not true for everyone. Cave of Treasures I haven't tested on skin yet, since I've had a cold since practically the day after I got it and can't smell a thing, but it smelled really lilacy to me on first sniff! :lol: I also get a lot of lilac from Fairy Tales and Lies, so maybe it comes out on me.

Penis Admiration (Lilac, ho wood, smoky vanilla, galbanum, and tonka) isn't my strongest lilac-dominant scent, but it is really lovely all the same, so I thought I'd mention it here. I've always wondered how similar it might be to Ashlultum, but I haven't tried the latter. They don't have similar notes, necessarily, but Penis Admiration comes out to a smoky, woody vanilla lilac on me, which does seem similar to descriptions of Ashlultum.

Ville-Marie from Pretty Indulgent doesn't come out super strongly lilac to me, ironically enough, considering the notes (Madonna lily, crabapple blossom, Begonia Juliana, dendrobium and phalaenopsis orchids, and five varieties of lilac), but it does have a lot of the soft, velvety sweetness I associate with BPAL's lilac note (I got that "feeling" of lilac from Ghost Revelry and The Unicorn Rushing etc., too, quite a bit). I get more lilac from the above perfumes, though.

Insupportable Misery, from the 2011 Yules, has a wonderful lilac note along with tea, saffron, violet leaf and lavender.

Edited by Mountaingrrl

The Lilac Wood was my lonely favorite BPAL lilac for the longest time. (Despite loving it, apparently I'm picky when it comes to lilac?) But now Cave of Treasures takes that honor, and in general is in my top 5 now :heart:

ETA: Can't believe I forgot Ashlultum - she is also one of my very few lilac loves, although her other notes are at least as prominent as the lilac, which may be why she doesn't pop into my head immediately when I think "lilac"...

Edited by missnix

I'm with missnix, Cave of Treasures is the new gold standard of lilac.

Agreed, Cave of Treasures is the best lilac I have ever smelled! His Station and Four Aces and Adante Con Fantasia are my other two lilac faves.