Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

In the bottle:
Oh, wow! I'm not very experienced at picking individual notes out, and there's no one fruit here that springs to mind as a dominant smell. It's beautiful!

On skin wet:
It smells like it does in the bottle- a complete mix of fruits that I can't pick one note out of. But, it's starting to smell suspiciously like soap powder, though... I hope that goes away, because I really really love this and I want it to work on me :D

Dried down:
It's fruity soap powder. :P

I remember when I bought this; I wasn’t too fond of over-the-top fruity fragrances..but this being a lunacy..I kind of HAD to get it. I do like black cherry, plum, mango and pomegranate..so the majority did sound interesting.

Initial sniff from bottle: FRUIT-Y!!!!! It’s a cornucopia of fruit…like a huge fruit salad assaulting me. It’s sweet..a bit tart…juicy and kind of in your face. Definitely screams to me summer scent. Fruit fragrance lovers would weep with joy for this I should think.

Applied wet on skin: Sweet fruit..but then I get whiffs of the mango..no..the plum..no..the tangerine..no..the blackberry…hahahahahahaha..it’s all over the place but it works. Flashes of the guava and kiwi and cantloupe wink here and there..I think the strawberry, passionfruit, pear give me that sweetness over everything else..

Couple of minutes on skin:Still the big old fruit love-fest going on here. This morphs quickly..no individual fruit is at the forefront for too long before another or two or five come to the front and make everything a blurry fruity mélange. Sometimes I am sure I am smelling the apple and lime..other times the melon..and then still another time..it’s the plums and mangoes..it’s that fast.

Ten minutes later:Sweet juicy fruit bowl has softened a bit…very much hovering close to the skin. It’s fading a bit..I suspect this will not last soon..darn skin chemistry eating it up.

Twenty minutes later:Same notes..just again..softened and fading fast.

Thirty minutes later:Still hanging in there…fruity sweetness is close to my skin.

Drydown: Faint whiff of sweet fruit..almost candy-like.

Lasting power is clocked on me at 3 hours..with throw soft at best.

Bottom Line: Fruit Moon is fun summer fragrance to wear. I would love to wear it if I were going to an afternoon movie, to baby-sit for kids, anywhere casual and breezy. It’s fresh, fruity, sweet and just like summer…fleeting..but while it sticks around you enjoy it immensely; at least I did. I can’t not smile when I wear this :P

This smells like bubblegum snowcone on me.

The fruity bubblegum snowcone that you can only get at traveling fairs.

Bottle: Fruity bubblegum

Wet: Chaotic fruity bubblegum with sharp citrus taking the lead.

Drydown: Calms into a fruity mix.

Dry: Fruity bubblegum once more.

My rating: 3/5. It's nice, but....

In the imp: Strawberry is the first thing I smell in this. Then something that makes me think of cough syrup, that's usually orange or cherry....

On the wrist: Sweet and thick and sticky smelling. Strawberry is still the predominant note with the cough syrup scent lingering at a close second. This makes me sort of thirsty, not sure why. I'm getting a lot of strawberry and orange and not much else. It's pretty sharp on my skin.

Drydown: This gets very sharp and unpleasant on me. Much though I am loathe to say this, I think I am going to have to pass it on.

ETA: Shortly after posting this review the scent went completely to powdery yick on me. I guess that means not all fruit smells like my skin as much as I thought they did. *sigh*

Edited by Miseraya

This is exactly what it says: FRUITY!

I don't wear it often, but it's a nice, refreshing scent for when I'm feeling slightly silly. :P

Fruit Moon

In vial, fruit punch. Wet on skin, there are so many different notes, it's hard to pick any out singly. If I really concentrate, I can start to, but they are so well blended that none really pop. This is no longer fruit punch, however; it briefly reminds me of a fruit gum I had as a child. This certainly is very fruity, sweet, but not too sweet as it has a tangy edge. There's a tartness, too, and I daresay it's almost alcoholic. Lastly, I get a feeling of waxiness, or plastic.

[3 - Like]

There are so many fruits in this I am not entirely sure if I can distinguish a single one! It does bring me in mind to Fire Pig... but without the sharp ginger or flowery peony.

A tad too sweet but I'm definitely glad I got to try it!

Bottle: Lots of fruit

Wet: Guava, pear, orange, citrus, things that you would put in a cocktail. It's definitely yummy and fruity!

Drydown: Thankfully my skin does well with fruits. This stays the same on me, it's lovely!

Might buy a bottle when that moon comes along.

3.5 outta 5

Too sweet- ack!!! I am a lover of almost ALL foody-type scents, including Fruit, but- ergh, I am thinking this is not the scent for me! It smells over-ripe, like a melon that you split open only to find that it was darkening and rotting in the center. Guess I shoulda knocked on the bottle instead.

In the vial: Aw this is great! Beautiful colour and utterly unsullied, happy fruit.

Wet: Initially I see fruit salad penny chews but then it loses all artificial tones. Then it shunts wildly between fruits - it's a fruit machine one-arm-bandit coming up with cherry, pineapple and strawberry, then blackberry, pear and lime then cantaloupe, plum and peach.

Dry: Fading fast into peach fuzz. Good for nuzzling.

And?... I will niff the imp and wear it in the dark months to come when I want to be reminded that the sun will return. Lovely.

bottle: fruits! i get the same cherry scent i get from bloody mary with lots of tropical fruits and citrus.

wet: guava, pineapple, peach, apple, orange... this is so sweet and pretty!

dry: pineapple, guave, mango... this is utterly sweet and charming. a new love. :P

Yay for Lunar sniffie! :P

IN THE IMP: Like WHOOSH FRUIT. Smells like fruit punch, but something I would be much more willing to drink.

WET: Fades a lot right away. Still fruity but not as overwhelming as before. Sweet and bright and yummy.

DRY: Still fruity, but not as many as there were before. Plus a hint of something else, maybe floral or herbal? Very bubbly and happy.

in the bottle: FRUIT! it reminds me of Bandersnatch, which makes me a little nervous because that went all plastic on me :P

wet on skin: wow. this is really something. i get all different fruits here. someone compared it to Bloody Mary and while i love that one, this doesn't have that powdered sugar element that makes that an oil i don't wear super often. this is more like a fruit salad, distilled :D

dry down: yeah, this is a yummy blend of varying fruits, a really good springtime and summer scent :D

in all: this is what i had hoped Fruminous Bandersnatch would be on me, but just wasn't. thanks goodness for swapping!

:)

In the bottle: Super sweet, a little tart, and very fruity. Almost bubblegum/candyish. As if you took every flavour of lifesaver (even the tropical and berry variants) and crushed them all up together.

Wet: Green apple hits first as it did in the bottle, with strawberry and raspberry next, and then melon, citrus, currants, and black cherry. Still tooth-achingly candyish.

Dry: This has morphed nicely. It's less sweet, though I still find the aforementioned berry notes a bit artificial. Some delicious musk has emerged, as well as the lunar oils, which both provide depth.

Summary: I love the musk and lunar oils and woody notes combined with fruit, but this is a touch too sticky-sweet and artificial on me, especially when the tarter notes fade. I also have other fruit scents I prefer. Moderate throw, fades rapidly.

I'm very definitely a fruit smell lover, so this would have been perfect for me - and it is, in the sense that I love the way it smells both wet and on me.

The only problem here is that it doesn't have much throw, and that it fades so gosh darn fast! I'm afraid to wear it for a whole day, since I'd have to reapply it so often I'd run out, and then where would I be? I'd be Fruit Moon-less!

I wish that this had better throw and staying power, I'd wear it every day.

Like someone mentioned before, this IS reminiscent of Runts candies. That's what it smells like, especially the center of the candy when you bite down on it. Like powdered candy. It is pretty light on me though. I wish it was stronger. It's a really yummy scent though.

This one was kind of like being mobbed in a dark alley by three different kinds of fruit salad all at once. But in a good way. Or like a fruit-only farmer's market - not just the fruit, but a little hint of the greens as well. On my skin it manages to be fresh and fruity without either going rancid or smelling like something a five year old should be drinking.

wow there is just way too much fruit going on in here to pick out specific ones. i am absolutely in love with it though and i need a bottle

Raspberry, peach, strawberry, and citrus. Sweet but actually not overwhelmingly so, as you might think. Unfortunately, doesn't have much staying power on me. Still, I love this blend, so I may have to keep it anyway.

Fruit Moon:

In the imp: Generic fruitiness.

Wet: Generic fruitiness goes *POP*! All of the fruits in this Moon burst at once on the skin... Berries? Peaches? Apples? Wow. I'm not even sure which is first. There's a definite honeydew overtone, sweet and ripe, and just beneath that are some grapes. As it dries there's this note - papaya? I'm not sure about it in a scent, but the fruit itself is repulsive to me.

The papaya assciation is making this hard to bear. I definitely get the "fruit in the moonlight" vibe, but it's like ripe fruit that was cut up, mixed together a couple of days ago, then drizzled with simple syrup and left to coagulate. This stage is wtf..

Toward the end there are hints of lemon rind and green things that clean up some of the mustiness that was wrecking this... and then.. Flowers? I didn't really expect any florals to come out this late, but weirdly, here one is. Really, really faint, but it's there. This ends up better than I thought it would at the papaya stage, but it just isn't the kind of fruit scent I go gah over.

ETA: Skin chemistry once again proves fickle: My little boy turned Fruit Moon into gorgeous, sweet, fresh fruit and a whisper of night blooms. :P

Edited by Indig0

In The Bottle

Really strong and very fruity

On Application

Wow this is strong.

Dry Down

There is a herbiness underneath the fruits (balsam?). Smells kind of like sticky spilt fruit juice. I definitely get the guava, melon, peach and pomegranate. There is a strong spiciness to this blend. Lovely

Rating (0-5)

In the bottle: Fruit punch! Lovely, sweet, icy cold fruit punch.

On, wet: So many fruits, yet I'm still getting something strangely floral.

On, dry: Strange floral smell is completely gone, and this is all fruits and bubbles. I adore this -- it's light and nice without being too sweet or cloying or foody. Just a nice, natural fruit scent.

In the bottle- Pineapple, strawberry, orange, lime, passionfruit, pomegranate, apple, guava, lime peel. My mouth is absolutely watering.

On me, it’s sugar-dusted strawberries and raspberries, with orange, apple and guava sitting happily in the background. The pineapple note doesn’t really stick around, which is a shame because I love the lab’s pineapple notes, but it’s still absolutely gorgeous just the same.

As it softens, the plum and peach come out, and there’s a syrupy sweetness drizzled over everything that makes me want to sit out in the sun and nap. I get flashes of cantaloupe but it doesn’t take over (the first time any melon note has done that! Phew!), and the orange morphs into a delicious, sweet mandarin/tangerine combo. The citrus is still there, but it’s smoother and less tart.

Fades to a sugary raspberry wine and plum scent. Very much like a milder, more sophisticated Bordello, or Wanda. The throw is fantastic- I’ve got the bottle on the other side of the room and I can still smell the glorious pineappley guava goodness. I’m so pleased I managed to score two bottles of this- I had a feeling I’d love it, and I found it near impossible to find.

Yum! :wub2:

Of the 20 something fruits that are in here I'm getting all the tropical ones most and lots of peach! It's such a massive blast of juicy and it's cool! It's like a swirl of fruity goodness that's tart and sweet and fizzyall at the same time.

There are so many fruits that it would be impossible for me to identify them all. It's very berry dominated when it's wet for a brief time, then the tropical bunch of fruits come out with kind of a dusty peach note that's quite strong!

This is such a fun bright scent to wear and would be brilliant for a hot summer day. I'm gonna save my imp and have a fruit blast when the sun comes out in London.

*bounces away*

Edited by ouch!